Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch Standard Article

+3
Bob Marley
mattim
Terrace Guy
7 posters

Go down

Redditch Standard Article Empty Redditch Standard Article

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:28 am

Is there any truth behind the rumours that Liam's off to Kiddy or is it a case that they've added 2+2 together (with Whild leaving) and come up with 5? Hopefully it's the latter!!!!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Redditch Standard Article Empty Re: Redditch Standard Article

Post  mattim Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:58 am

I can't see this happening, I would be gobsmacked if it did. Firstly I cannot see Liam leaving us just as we continue a run that might take us to the top of the league (if we win tomorrow night). He would be crazy to walk away from what, for him, would be a half finished project.

Secondly, certainly from the fans point of view, there is no desire for him to take over at Aggborough. Their fans forum seems dead against it. They would clearly prefer someone who is more experienced at Conference level. Also for some bizarre reason they seem generally anti Redditch. Christ knows why. I don't know what we've ever done to offend them. In my experience I've never seen them as deadly rivals in the way that Bumsgrove were.

I think given the mess Kiddy are in it might be a step too far for Liam at the moment. If this was a year down the line with Kiddy in a generally more stable position then perhaps he might be tempted.

I reckon Liam will see out this season to see to if he can win us promotion (or at least the play-offs) but to be honest if we don't do either then he may be tempted elsewhere.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Good points Mattim and i hope Liam stays. However, the match tomorrow is postponed due to a St Neots FA Cup replay on Tuesday.

UTR
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:12 am

I disagree....it would not surprise me in the slightest if Liam is poached by KHFC.

They are in a huge financial mess and I think they will have to go the cheap route....what better option than Liam who would be very cheap and would motivate them just enough to stay in the Conf.

If I was Liam...I wouldn't go anywhere near them...they are another Hereford waiting to happen.....but I think he would go if he was offered the job.\Head against wall
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 pm

mattim wrote: Also for some bizarre reason they seem generally anti Redditch. Christ knows why. I don't know what we've ever done to offend them.

They don't dislike us as a club or a group of fans. They probably couldn't care less about us.

They're fed up with their own club constantly using Redditch United as their default, go-to option when it comes to signing players, or the Redditch link with managers, board members etc.

I'd like to add that the feeling is mutual....
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:27 pm

They dislike Chris Swan as he wanted to take over Kiddy before he came to Redditch, that is the anti Redditch shite they will be going on about.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:25 am

He wanted to take them over until he found all of the hidden debt.....so then he came to Redditch...and guess what he found?

What is it with these deluded owners spending money they just don't have...? Head against wall Head against wall
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  kingus Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:39 am

The back page of today's Advertiser is calling it bollocks. With direct quotes from Liam, along the lines of: "I'm going nowhere"; "It shows how good we are doing if we get noticed"; "it's flattering"; "There has been no contact".

Personally, I can't see him leaving at this point in the season.
kingus
kingus
Midland Combination League

http://www.oaps.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:29 am

Don't beleive all you read ...just wait and see

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down