Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Standard

5 posters

Go down

The Standard Empty The Standard

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:57 am

Just for those who have not seen yet, this weeks standard has put a news feature(page 5)in Highlighting RUFC's Plight :dance:

Back to top Go down

The Standard Empty Re: The Standard

Post  Leethall Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:19 am

Redjeff wrote:Just for those who have not seen yet, this weeks standard has put a news feature(page 5)in Highlighting RUFC's Plight :dance:

Haven't had chance to see it mate what with being stuck in Solihull!

What is is all about? Nice to see the club's plight reported and the club itself should be reacting on this and building on it...... Will that happen? I doubt it Head against wall This is the time for ideas. Buckets at the gate for loose change, don't forget people pay £9 and if they don't have the correct change they may throw in the £1 change and if by chance everybody did that with 200 adults through the gate it would be £200 extra revenue that all adds up. Other initiatives that can be done are raffles where somebody walks around the ground selling tickets to win a bottle of whiskey or something, Stratford do this. Statto at Solihull spends the 1st half going around selling golden goal tickets, he brings in money week in week out for their club. Simple things like this we should be doing and building momentum!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:28 am

Half page with Ken's Statement followed by a T.R.U.S.T statement, then there is a piece from Redditch Council Carol Gandy saying the future of the club is in the hands of the Redditch People and that they would like info on how Redditch will pay there bills/debts to the council, also saying she had written to the p.f.a and F.a saying that it was wrong for a Town Like Redditch to suffer when a few miles down the road tranfers are happening for thousands of pound when a fraction of that money would save the club.-thats the jist of it any way mate.
Does anyone fancy knocking up an open letter that we can all put our names too that we can send to the likes of villa,blues and wolves for some Aid? I see no harm in a little begging now and then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:42 am

Redjeff wrote:Half page with Ken's Statement followed by a T.R.U.S.T statement, then there is a piece from Redditch Council Carol Gandy saying the future of the club is in the hands of the Redditch People and that they would like info on how Redditch will pay there bills/debts to the council, also saying she had written to the p.f.a and F.a saying that it was wrong for a Town Like Redditch to suffer when a few miles down the road tranfers are happening for thousands of pound when a fraction of that money would save the club.-thats the jist of it any way mate.
Does anyone fancy knocking up an open letter that we can all put our names too that we can send to the likes of villa,blues and wolves for some Aid? I see no harm in a little begging now and then.

Yeah that would be a great idea to canvas possible friendlies, signed merchandise to raffle etc. Anything to aid us making some money to keep the club going is great
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:12 am

Maybe we could borrow 2,000 blues fans, or a couple of hundred fans from each club The Standard 58547

I'm thinking of e-mailing midlands today... see if we can get some coverage there, especially with reddit! The Standard 58547
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:34 pm

rawlings09 wrote:Maybe we could borrow 2,000 blues fans, or a couple of hundred fans from each club The Standard 58547

Are we trying to save the club or get us banned from ever playing football again?
Besides, all 2,000 blues fans will be saving up for their trip to Wembley won't they. I see Alex McLeish has named his team to win the Carling Cup..................................
.................it's Arsenal Wink

On a more serious note, there's lots of ideas about boosting attendances etc....
I have one myself, Reds support has traditionally always come from the old town (Batchley, Headless Cross, Webheath, Crabbs Cross etc) The reason for the small support from the new town was it's full of Brummies who'd moved out to Redditch and never really had any affiliation to the town, so they carried on supporting Villa, Blues. West Brom, Wolves etc etc.. That was then, this is now, surely 20/30 years on there is a whole new generation on the new town of lads who've been born and bred in Redditch and consider themselves Redditch more than Brummie!!! I think a big push on the new town is needed, at school level, get them involved, get them through the gates, lot's of junior teams where they are encouraged to watch the senior team on a Saturday afternoon...... I've never believed this before, let alone say it, i've always been for leaving the new town out of it, but it appears crowds are plummeting and something drastic needs to be done!!!
Either this or close all the pubs on a Saturday afternoon so all the knuckle shufflers can't sit there getting pissed watching Sky Sports, cheering when Jeff Stelling announces that Manchester United have taken the lead against Fulham have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon, some might even pay the Valley Stadium a visit!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:19 am

All of the ideas above are good, is it just about putting the theory into practice.
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 am

There are a number of pubs local to the ground aren't there?
Would it be worth hitting them?! The Standard 5400
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim_S Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:00 am

When I was at School, We used to be able to get free RUFC tickets from Bridley Moor reception. Would it may be worth doing this sort of thing again? If we can get a few more through the door, might create an even better atmosphere and they're more than likely to spend money on burgers / drinks etc.

Another idea is to give out free tickets to Primary School Kids, on the condition that they bring a paying adult with them (maybe reduce prices for adults with one of those tickets to £7 or something?) A bit of pressure from the kids might get a few more down? Or we could maybe give tickets out to local Sunday youth sides? Just a thought!
Tim_S
Tim_S
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 am

Month 1 give 500 tickets to new college, Month 2 give 100 tickets to each of the High Schools. But ultimately if you throw the gates open for a free game remains the best way of getting numbers in without taking to much of a financial hit, the more you go into new town the less interested they become and this won't change without success. Playing Youth Team in the first Team will encourage more numbers through the gates as other youth team players and parents will watch and also school/college friends.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down