Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising Redditch United via Facebook

4 posters

Go down

Advertising Redditch United via Facebook Empty Advertising Redditch United via Facebook

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 am

Just out of curiosity, I created an advert for the Facebook page.
After narrowing down the surplus and tweaking the target public, it has gave me a total of 126,100 people (that will have this advert pop up on their facebook homepage at the side).

This advert targets users:

* who live in the United Kingdom
* who live within 16 kilometres of Redditch or Birmingham
* who like chicago rock cafe redditch, england football, england football team, fantasy football, football, football factory, football games, football manager, footy, lloyds bar redditch, nonleague football or redditch
(The above can be tweaked).

Pricing - It says bid per 1000 impressions, and it suggests between 19p - 30p (per 1000). I entered 25p (the higher you bid the more frequent your advert will appear), and a lifetime budget of £7 for 1 week.

So in a nutshell, for £7 we could reach 126,100 people in Redditch and Birmingham who are interested in the above.....I think!

I'm not going to place the advert, I was just getting the figures but think of the exposure our Facebook page could get.
For the sake of £7 we've got nothing to lose, we could have anything upto 126,100 people browsing through the matchday pictures, watching the highlights etc. and could maybe conjure up some interest?
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Advertising Redditch United via Facebook Empty Re: Advertising Redditch United via Facebook

Post  fingers Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 am

Mate, wang me some details across, something I may use for the Roms.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Advertising Redditch United via Facebook Empty Re: Advertising Redditch United via Facebook

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 pm

very good idea, something for the T.R.U.S.T meeting monday I think mate?

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 am

The Trust needs more promotion, perhaps an advert on the back of tickets and in the programmes, if it isn't already.
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:45 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Just out of curiosity, I created an advert for the Facebook page

Our advertising campaign for Redditch Events was setup last week.

Thursday 2pm until Sunday 2pm (3 days exactly)
Targeting users that were not already members
Maximum budget - £5.00

Results

Impressions - 13,992
Clicks - 18
CTR - 0.129%
CPC - £0.28
Spent - £5.00

Friday - 7 clicks
Saturday - 9 clicks

Members gained during the advertising period - 6

The page has grown from 864 to 870 members, however some of them may have joined by invitation, or anyway.

In theory, 12 of those people did not join the page.

Impressions is the amount of times that the advert appears, and they are free. You only pay when the advert is actually clicked, based on our configuration, anyway. Even if there are no clicks, it still gets your name out there.

The higher the amount you enter, the more advertising you are likely to receive.

Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 am

Guys - if you can put together an advert I'll put it in the programme - cheers, Tracey
TRae
TRae
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:50 am

Redditch Events wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Just out of curiosity, I created an advert for the Facebook page

Our advertising campaign for Redditch Events was setup last week.

Thursday 2pm until Sunday 2pm (3 days exactly)
Targeting users that were not already members
Maximum budget - £5.00

Results

Impressions - 13,992
Clicks - 18
CTR - 0.129%
CPC - £0.28
Spent - £5.00

Friday - 7 clicks
Saturday - 9 clicks

Members gained during the advertising period - 6

The page has grown from 864 to 870 members, however some of them may have joined by invitation, or anyway.

In theory, 12 of those people did not join the page.

Impressions is the amount of times that the advert appears, and they are free. You only pay when the advert is actually clicked, based on our configuration, anyway. Even if there are no clicks, it still gets your name out there.

The higher the amount you enter, the more advertising you are likely to receive.

Cheers for that info mate.

We could even use this for a matchday. For example this Saturday Vs Stalybridge.
For £5/£7...the advert will appear on tens of thousands of people's Facebook homepages!

The advert can link directly to the Facebook event, so people can obtain further information about kick-off time and ticket prices etc.

The end result will be seen on matchday, something to look forward to though!

For the sake of a fee that is LESS than a single entry fee to the Valley, there's nothing to lose.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:51 am

Anyone can set up an advert for any page or link (providing it is suitable and does not violate anything).

When setting up, you are required to make an advance payment. You set a lifetime or daily budget for the adverting campaign, and the money is charged to your card/paypal at some point.

During the setup process, if you admit yourself as a company using a company name, you do not have to pay VAT.

To be decided

The frequency of advertising - eg, the TRUST has a weekly advert or just on occasions
The budget of the ad campaign - eg £5
The period of the ad campaign - How long it runs for (eg 7 days)
The 'pay per click' or impressions amount - eg 70p per a click

If you enter prices too low, the system will not accept it and inform you straight away.

If we were advertising specific games, when would the advert run, as supporters need notice, if they are not regulars?
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:15 am

Yeah I ran a 'mock order' a few weeks back and it advises you on your bid.

Was hoping for some feedback from the TRUST members so we know if everyone is for/against the idea, but only a couple have commented so far scratch
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Yeah I ran a 'mock order' a few weeks back and it advises you on your bid.

Was hoping for some feedback from the TRUST members so we know if everyone is for/against the idea, but only a couple have commented so far scratch
Is this one of those "vote in the T.R.U.S.T section" Subjects? Just and idea. pirat

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:41 am

Yeah it will be mate, was just testing the water here first.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:23 am

TRae wrote:Guys - if you can put together an advert I'll put it in the programme - cheers, Tracey

Has anyone designed one yet?
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:42 am

Redditch Events wrote:
TRae wrote:Guys - if you can put together an advert I'll put it in the programme - cheers, Tracey

Has anyone designed one yet?

If anyone has designed an advert for TRUST and you can let me have it tonight then I'll get it in the programme for Saturday. Programmes for Sat games go to printers by Tuesday evening so anything you'd like included would need to reach me by Tuesdays.

Think the facebook ad idea sounds good
TRae
TRae

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 am

TRae wrote:If anyone has designed an advert for TRUST and you can let me have it tonight

To advertise what, The Trust itself or a particular event?
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Redditch Events wrote:The Trust needs more promotion, perhaps an advert on the back of tickets and in the programmes, if it isn't already.

Upto you guys whether its the TRUST itself or anything the TRUST is organising - just looked from your quote that you were asking if an advert could go in the programme
TRae
TRae

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 pm

TRae wrote:Upto you guys whether its the TRUST itself or anything the TRUST is organising - just looked from your quote that you were asking if an advert could go in the programme

Ah right, that is up to management really.

Have you got an ad sorted for the Race Night?
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:51 am

Redditch Events wrote:
TRae wrote:Upto you guys whether its the TRUST itself or anything the TRUST is organising - just looked from your quote that you were asking if an advert could go in the programme

Ah right, that is up to management really.

Have you got an ad sorted for the Race Night?

Just one I have put together myself with a link to the website
TRae
TRae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down