Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United F.C.

+15
porrohman
The Slight Breeze
Terrace Guy
Harriers9
adiy price
J.Rawlings22
rawlings09
in2thevalley
ted striker
JBS
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
StockportReds
Leethall
Bob Marley
19 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Redditch United F.C.        - Page 4 Empty Re: Redditch United F.C.

Post  porrohman Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 am

Mr Bonehead.
Be great to see you back again, and I think a cautious approach is spot on and something that we and Chris etc will be doing.
It'll take time for both parties to get used to each other. One thing that unites us all is the support for the team.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:47 am

porrohman wrote:Mr Bonehead.
Be great to see you back again, and I think a cautious approach is spot on and something that we and Chris etc will be doing.
It'll take time for both parties to get used to each other. One thing that unites us all is the support for the team.

"Hear Hear"
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 am

Harriers9 wrote:It is not bitterness at all. It's bloody good advice but you lot are so far up your own arses you can't see the wood.

He didn't 'find' any hidden debts at all. That's the story that he put out after being told to feck off with his tinpot ideas. His idea of investing in a club is to give the club a set amount for one season to write off debts etc. He then puts a price on everything at the club, admission, season tickets, food, bar takings and so on.

At the end of the season, out of that income, he takes his cut (probably around 60%) to recoup his initial investment and what's left is what the club have to survive on for the following season. If he's made enough he'll stay. If not he will either pull out or pull down.

As for the remark that your lease is safe. Get real.

He was also in talks with WFDC about altering the lease and they were listening. They also own the car park behind Aggborough and that too was part of the 'deal' as was a strip of land from Aggborough to alongside the Severn Valley Railway. That would then give him complete access to the BR station and also Comberton Hill, a main road into Kidderminster.

Look at his website. Look at the kind of thing he does. He buys up parcels of land to build one large lump and then builds his 'business parks with access to transport links' on them.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this. You're not listening any way.
I don't know why your telling us either, your not listening. You know NOTHING about Redditch and if you think Mr swan can fit a business park on the Valley it just shows your lack of knowledge, If he wants to build next to transport there is plenty of brown field next to the railway station you muppet. He will not make back in a year what he will spend here so that blows you theory, Besides and has already been said, we would have been gone in the next two weeks if Mr Swan had not stepped in! so we get at least 12 months more(how thick are we?)
If then we go under we have a back up plan to start again anyway, so what's your point? what advice is it you are trying to give? Kiddi are different package all together and what we have seen in the last twelve months is that to survive in football is bloody hard and to get just 12 more months for a team in our position buck the trend as there are better off teams than us in a worse position. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:50 am

It'll be great having some old faces and stayaway fans returning!
That is a good foundation for the future!
I'd rather have 300 people complaining how sh*t we are and at the game than 300 saying how sh*t we are and not being at the game!
Good times ahead for the Good ship Redditch United!

I built a house on the Valley... it sank. Sad

Just kidding!

it'll be great to overtake kiddy in 3 years time Wink

UTR!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:46 am

Kiddy fans need to look at how their club is in such a state? They are worried as the ground is owned by other people and they have no say with it. Even so they have managed to get out of the sh*t they were in but have they got a sustainable future? I hope so as I would not wish any club going out of buisness whether that was Redditch, Worcester, Kiddy, Alvechurch etc. It would kill communities and fans and it is only a good thing that they have been saved as well as our club.

It will be great to welcome back supporters who have drifted away recently! Positiveness around the club for the 1st time in a long time is brilliant :dance:

Getting Fingers back as the Press Officer from Romulus is my next assignment! Hopefully we can get him back on here now that the old regime are not in charge Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:12 am

A mate of mine when to Kidderminster this morning and his comment was "I thought Shameless was filmed in Manchester"!!! I don't think it was aimed at the Parttttttyyyyy part but Cheaper Drugs Now!! Very Happy Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Leethall wrote:A mate of mine when to Kidderminster this morning and his comment was "I thought Shameless was filmed in Manchester"!!! I don't think it was aimed at the Parttttttyyyyy part but Cheaper Drugs Now!! Very Happy Very Happy
kidderminster who?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Harriers9 wrote:It is not bitterness at all. It's bloody good advice but you lot are so far up your own arses you can't see the wood.

He didn't 'find' any hidden debts at all. That's the story that he put out after being told to feck off with his tinpot ideas. His idea of investing in a club is to give the club a set amount for one season to write off debts etc. He then puts a price on everything at the club, admission, season tickets, food, bar takings and so on.

At the end of the season, out of that income, he takes his cut (probably around 60%) to recoup his initial investment and what's left is what the club have to survive on for the following season. If he's made enough he'll stay. If not he will either pull out or pull down.

As for the remark that your lease is safe. Get real.

He was also in talks with WFDC about altering the lease and they were listening. They also own the car park behind Aggborough and that too was part of the 'deal' as was a strip of land from Aggborough to alongside the Severn Valley Railway. That would then give him complete access to the BR station and also Comberton Hill, a main road into Kidderminster.

Look at his website. Look at the kind of thing he does. He buys up parcels of land to build one large lump and then builds his 'business parks with access to transport links' on them.

I don't know why I'm telling you all this. You're not listening any way.
i'd say on behalf of all the Redditch Fans that we are more than happy with our new Chairman and his appointed staff, his plans for the future of Redditch United, his willingness to work with the trust and that our team were able to present him with a score draw on his first match is just the icing on the cake in what turned out to be one of the best we have had in a long long time. This we know slowly will be more frequent and we look forward to many more years of the mighty REDS
Charge

Back to top Go down

Post  sheff harrier Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:44 am

For the record, I am glad Redditch United have survived and wish you well for the future.
When it seems like you have no other option, Chris Swan is sure to be welcomed.

It'll be interesting from an outsiders point of view to see how things go and how much money he actually puts into the club - as far as I can see, you are now debt free but how much extra money will he put in?

It may well be that the man does have a genuine love for the game and wants a football club - he seems to have been looking around for a long time.

We are certainly not bitter. There is a feeling we have had an escape from this man - who knows - this mainly comes from comments made by Chris Swan that he would "break" our supporters' trust. A comment we all found quite strange for someone who was about to take over a small club with a small fan base with a Trust now active in raising money and supporting the club. Swan was not prepared to put any new money into KHFC and, like with RUFC, spoke of running the club as a going concern within its means. He wanted all shares for £1 - this was going to be somewhat difficult as there are some shareholders who would never sell - he could have taken over with a majority holding however. He "walked away" citing £165,000 of previously unknown debt which, to be honest, he seems to have made up.

I expect Mark Fennimore will be running the club on a day to day basis. I have not heard particularly good things about him but everyone sees and judges people differently so who knows.

As for us, I have been proud at how the fans of KHFC have pulled together and made a significant contribution to paying off debts and securing the short term future of the club. We still need to re-adjust and change things at KHFC but the future is brighter. Not least because we have a side punching well above its weight led by a superb manager.

Again, for the record, I would love to see KHFC and RUFC competing in the Conference. As for overtaking us? We'll have to see about that ..........

sheff harrier
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:19 am

Liar Just kidding, it's good to have a kiddy fan that sees both halves of the story!
Hats off to the hard work you've done to keep your club afloat! It's hard when you know you're on the brink.

Still, i think we'll sail past you in the league in years to come Nerr Wink

All the best mate! Beer Cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:56 am

sheff harrier wrote:For the record, I am glad Redditch United have survived and wish you well for the future.
When it seems like you have no other option, Chris Swan is sure to be welcomed.

It'll be interesting from an outsiders point of view to see how things go and how much money he actually puts into the club - as far as I can see, you are now debt free but how much extra money will he put in?

It may well be that the man does have a genuine love for the game and wants a football club - he seems to have been looking around for a long time.

We are certainly not bitter. There is a feeling we have had an escape from this man - who knows - this mainly comes from comments made by Chris Swan that he would "break" our supporters' trust. A comment we all found quite strange for someone who was about to take over a small club with a small fan base with a Trust now active in raising money and supporting the club. Swan was not prepared to put any new money into KHFC and, like with RUFC, spoke of running the club as a going concern within its means. He wanted all shares for £1 - this was going to be somewhat difficult as there are some shareholders who would never sell - he could have taken over with a majority holding however. He "walked away" citing £165,000 of previously unknown debt which, to be honest, he seems to have made up.

I expect Mark Fennimore will be running the club on a day to day basis. I have not heard particularly good things about him but everyone sees and judges people differently so who knows.

As for us, I have been proud at how the fans of KHFC have pulled together and made a significant contribution to paying off debts and securing the short term future of the club. We still need to re-adjust and change things at KHFC but the future is brighter. Not least because we have a side punching well above its weight led by a superb manager.

Again, for the record, I would love to see KHFC and RUFC competing in the Conference. As for overtaking us? We'll have to see about that ..........

To be fair mate I read the bit about Swan wanting to "break" the Kiddy supporters TRUST and that concerned me hearing that. Having seen what your Supporters TRUST has done in the past and recently I could not believe reading that. Obviously there may or may not be truth in that but Chris Swan has been very supportive of what our Supporters TRUST has been doing for the good of the club and what our future plans are. Obviously time will tell but I am hoping he is genuine and has similar plans for our club.

I think the main sticking point with KHFC was the ground situation being in the hands of other shareholders and he wanted the full thing. Also it seems reading your plight recently that the finances of the club over the last few years were somewhat "all over the place" and even though you say £165k of unknown debt was not there, was it? Where is the transparency in this? I doubt you would get an answer that is given as supporters are never privvy to this information.

At the end of the day Kiddy are going great guns and RUFC have provided you with 4 players who were great servants to our club (messers Danny Lewis, Matty Blair, Jack Byrne and Michael Briscoe). It delights me to see 2 of those doing so well who always played major parts in us doing resonably well the last 2 seasons, Danny Lewis and Jack Byrne. Danny is usually there at home games when his KHFC commitments allow to support his home town club Very Happy

Good luck for the rest of the season, you look like you are going to secure a playoff spot and have a good chance of returning to the Football League.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  sheff harrier Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 am

Danny Lewis is player of the season for me.

Our ground is council owned. We have 30 yrs left on the lease.

sheff harrier
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Had a couple of beers tonight (miller lite), sat on my porch in my old timer's rocking chair, reflecting on the last 7 days in the history of the Reds.
James was kicking a ball around the front yard and I had butterflies in my stomach thinking about taking him to his 1st Reds game when he gets older.

I didn't even consider the result from Tuesday night...just a nice warm feeling that the Reds will see out the season (come what may) and then we will all have the anticipation of the pre-season with new teams (maybe), new grounds to visit, new fans to meet and a maybe a new stadium to be proud of.

I remember for the 2nd TRUST meeting, locked out, freezing cold, huddled around the table in the club shop, p#ssing down outside...it could have been so easy to have thrown the towel in...but no....we stuck together and look where the club is now.

I recieved an email today from the leader of the Council thanking the work of the TRUST and how they are excited to work alongside the new Directors at the football club.
The support of the Council in the future of the Reds must not be underestimated and it so nice to feel that they are on 'our side'...great news.

I would personally like to thank all my colleagues of the TRUST: Shane Morgan, Jeff Watson (legend), Rachel Kimberley, Alf Kimberley, Andy Bates, Pete Toolan, Justin Clay, Sam Rawlings, Jack Rawlings, Joe Rawlings, Mike Swansborough...and a special 'big' thank you to Paul Kimberley and Adrian Luxton who spent hours and hours with late night phone calls, emails at midnight on Sunday evenings, who helped so much in this whole process.....Ade, mate...you never gave up and I am proud of you!

Sorry if I missed anyone...everyone played their part and I look forward to having a few celebration drinks with you over the Easter holidays.

UP THE REDS
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:47 am

I think it'll sink in more so at the end of the season, where teams around us crumble and we stand tall! :dance:

Support of the council is fantastic news!

I for one am proud to be part or Redditch United history and look forward to many years ahead Very Happy

We'll get your lad a shirt, Steve!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:03 am

Nice one Joe...

Lot's of good things happening around the club...really good to see.

Still think that everyone associated with the club should pull together as one and all get behind each initiative and fund raising event...Adi tells me this is starting to happen.

A quiz night for example;

8 youth teams, 1 girls, 1 ladies, 2 trust, 1 club is 13 teams already, without trying...this is what is required and the same for the predictor etc....more people involved, less effort required.

Good stuff....see you in 2 weeks! Laughing

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:04 am

Are there any plans for an open fans forum with the new Directors?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:25 am

Yes..when you are back in the England mate.
( Still the finest country in the world)
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:30 pm

When will this be confirmed?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 pm

http://citybanterboard.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wcfctalkunofficially&action=display&thread=3037

I still say concession for any prem season ticket holders....might get 200 Baggies/Villa/Blues/Wolves...especially at $42 for a seat at the Hawthorns!! OMG!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4