Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division

+4
porrohman
in2thevalley
rawlings09
Redditch Events
8 posters

Go down

Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division Empty Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division

Post  Redditch Events Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:52 am

It was announced today (admittedly over Facebook) that a relegation has occured.

What are your views on this etc?
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division Empty Re: Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division

Post  rawlings09 Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:53 am

It was always going to happen!

No pressure on the rest of our games :dance: :dance:
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division Empty Re: Redditch United's relegation from the BSBN division

Post  in2thevalley Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:13 am

I think the majority of supporters new that this season would be a hard and long season, and so it has proved to be. We were in this division by default with teams folding last season. Now we are down, we move on. Support is vital now until the end of the season. And then our aim is to get back in to this league, which we will do as CHAMPIONS.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:27 am

' A relegation has occured'
Oh really. It's not a police incident.
We've known it's been coming for ages.It's not a big issue.
We're all looking forward to next season..bringing the crowds back to the Valley!!!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 am

We have been relegated since the 9 nil mauling to Boston

sh*t sums it up all season Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't think anything is decided until all the financial carnage at the end of April.

HRMC will take no sh#t...I have a buddy who works for PAYE and he told me they have a 3 line whip 'collect all outstanding monies owed to the treasury - no agreemnts'

We will see.... Senile
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I don't think anything is decided until all the financial carnage at the end of April.

HRMC will take no sh#t...I have a buddy who works for PAYE and he told me they have a 3 line whip 'collect all outstanding monies owed to the treasury - no agreemnts'

We will see.... Senile

Indeed until the league AGM nothing is decided.

Unfortunately for HRMC they can try and get all outstanding monies owed with no agreements but if clubs can't afford it then basically they will turn to Administration and rule out HRMC getting what they are owed. That then means if it is any BS clubs it may save us Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 am

Having been days away from our club folding, I don't wish to see any club in BSN folding and getting us a reprieve.
I know we all have a dig at other clubs now and again but essentially we all support our local non league teams.
I'd rather earn the right to promotion/ avoiding relegation/play offs whatever...not owe it to other teams.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:08 am

We had a reprieve this season and look what happened.

I think it'll be refreshing if we go down next season, or at least if we do somehow stay in the league, finish mid-table...

Things could be exactly the same next season... if the revenue streams aren't found then we'll just have a nice new stand, clean club and be debt free off the pitch!

It's what happens on the pitch that will get us promoted/up the table, and this season has shown, you need a decent wage buget to compete... Ours £0... Staffords maybe a grand? and it shows as we're relagated already and stafford or hyde will be soon!

We need to work so hard on getting people through those gates and making sure they come back the following week!

Would it be a bad idea to reduce ticket prices for the last few home games? I can't see the point in charging £9 and £5 when we all know that we're down.

I think Adults: £7 Concession £4 Under 16 £1 (especially if we are going to target schools! pocket money for them is ticket money for us :dance: )

UTR!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:50 am

rawlings09 wrote:Would it be a bad idea to reduce ticket prices for the last few home games? I can't see the point in charging £9 and £5 when we all know that we're down.

I think Adults: £7 Concession £4 Under 16 £1 (especially if we are going to target schools! pocket money for them is ticket money for us :dance: )

UTR!

I'd go even further and reduce them to, say £4 (A), £2(Con), free (U-16). Just enough to cover expenses. We are, thank Chris, debt free. So let's try to get as many through the turnstiles and encourage them to carry on next season when it'll really matter.

A

PS Or is there a minmum set by the league?
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:35 am

arsene wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:Would it be a bad idea to reduce ticket prices for the last few home games? I can't see the point in charging £9 and £5 when we all know that we're down.

UTR!

I'd go even further and reduce them to, say £4 (A), £2(Con), free (U-16). Just enough to cover expenses. We are, thank Chris, debt free. So let's try to get as many through the turnstiles and encourage them to carry on next season when it'll really matter.

A
I think now is the ideal time to reduce prices, now the pressure is off, hopefully this will attract more fans down to the valley, and then keep them for the next season :dance: :dance:

in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:37 am

arsene wrote:

UTR!

A

+ 1 this. Reduce admission for adults to a maximum of £5 for males and let all kids and women in for free (discrimination waived!). This gets people down to see what the club is about and then we get them spending in the bar Beer , club shop Cup , programmes Screen Punch , predictor study , joining TRUST Laughing etc and make some further inroads.

With our TRUST website we can solicit feedback from people who visit and what they like or do not like about the club then formulate some initiatives to look into.

We know that a lot of people are going to say that the ground is not welcombing, maybe to much swearing (those Cedar Road lot Chair ), pricing etc. We can then look at how we can improve this and get people down, more people = more income = better side. The thing is though is the team, this is the crunch and a winning side = fans through the gate, no brainer Whistling

So Mr Swan has a big decision on who leads the club into next season, this will define where we go and whoever that is will need to produce a team to be competitive and install a winning mentality as it has been a losing one for 1.5 seasons Beer Cheers
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Free doughnuts for the R.F.B on the Allotment End.. I'll pay twice then to come in... pig

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down