Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans Forum & TRUST AGM - Monday 18th April 7.30pm

+4
Leethall
arsene
in2thevalley
Bob Marley
8 posters

Go down

Fans Forum & TRUST AGM  - Monday 18th April 7.30pm  Empty Fans Forum & TRUST AGM - Monday 18th April 7.30pm

Post  Bob Marley Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:56 am

7.30 start

1. Presentation from Mr Chris Swan, Chairman
2. Questions and answers with the Chairman

Interval

3. Presentation from TRUST
4. TRUST AGM

Please note that the agenda for the AGM requires nominations and voting for TRUST team positions:
Chairman, Treasurer, Fund Raising, Away Travel, Club Shop, Communications - if you would like to nominate yourself for any of these positions, please contact any TRUST member to be included in the voting process.

The club shop will be open on the night and a gift will be presented to all TRUST members.

This is a fantastic opportunity to meet Chris and ask any questions about his plans and the future of the Reds.
Please come along to see and hear about the exciting times ahead and the role you can play in the success of Redditch United Football Club.

We hope to see you there and Up The Reds!!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Fans Forum & TRUST AGM  - Monday 18th April 7.30pm  Empty Re: Fans Forum & TRUST AGM - Monday 18th April 7.30pm

Post  in2thevalley Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:51 am

Really looking forward to this. Very approachable, and geniunely interested in what you have got to say. And so is Fenners. Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Fans Forum & TRUST AGM  - Monday 18th April 7.30pm  Empty Re: Fans Forum & TRUST AGM - Monday 18th April 7.30pm

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 am

might where my tie! scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:57 am

Redjeff wrote:might where my tie! scratch

Please put some clothes on aswell. Crying with laughter Crying with laughter
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 am

Unfortunately, Mondays are a no-no for me (I run an old people's club on that night!). can I still claim my gift though?
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Mike...I'm sure you are retired?...how old are the 'old people' then?

Do you wear your Anne Robinson attire each Monday or just Saturday nights?

I prefer a rather camp Elvis.. jocolor
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:Mike...I'm sure you are retired?...how old are the 'old people' then?

Do you wear your Anne Robinson attire each Monday or just Saturday nights?

I prefer a rather camp Elvis.. jocolor

Steve, surprisingly enough, there are older people than me! (Yes, I know it's difficult to believe!)

The AR costume (tights and all) has long since been consigned to the recycling!

Elvis may be revived - who knows?? Very Happy Very Happy
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:16 am

Looks like a midnight finish Dance
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch Events Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:46 am

RSVP here

Fans Forum & TRUST AGM  - Monday 18th April 7.30pm  6ghrjtp

Confirmed attendees
Redditch Standard (Press)
Adrian Luxton
Andy Bates
Andy Mitchell
Brad Jefferies
Dan Latham
Dave Jones
Jack Rawlings
Joe Rawlings
Jeff Sharp
Kevin Jones
Lewis Millington
Paul Kimberley
Rachel Kimberley
Peter Westerman
Ryan Young
Steve Workman
Stuart Walker
Tim Morton
In2thevalley
Fat Ron
Carny

Maybe Attending
Benjamin Langston
Gary Fisher
Hadley Ravenall
Iván Cortés
James Cartwright
Lee Chambers
Luke Turner
Paul Prescott

Last edited by Redditch Events on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 am

I will be there too
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Fat Ron Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:51 am

Fat Ron and carny will be in attendance.. We will be signing up to the trust as well.. AS Long as there is some free doughnouts..yum yum tongue ...Fat Ron

Fat Ron
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:38 am

due to having operationwasnt able to make it lastnite, can anyone give me imformtion on how the fans forum went,if you want my email address can give it to you if you dont want it on open forum.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:36 pm

I don't know if anyone took any notes, Chris talked for 15mins about future plans and how things have gone since the takeover, Fenners took some questions ...Then Q & A for 20 mins, then food and TRUST presentation AGM...
attended by about 80 people which was a great turnout!!!
I'm sure someone will have more detailed notes...
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:40 am

Mr Swan, his wife Saille and to an extend Fenners ( Senile ) spoke at our TRUST AGM Monday. He came across very well indeed, he explained the deal to purchase the club, what he has found so far, what his immediate plans are and he took questions from the attendees and answered these open and honestly (albeit one chap riled him continously about the managers position!).

Both Chris and his wife Saille have really got stuck into the club and got there hands dirty with all of the jobs required. They have already got 30 boards sorted in the commercial area for the club next season. He also explained that they need £130k a season just to open the gates, we currently bring in £23k so you see the massive gap. He will be addressing that through commercial activities as we have had little at RUFC previously. He also explained that the community is key with the club, they are looking at initiatives for NVQ's with the college and hopefully Graham Hyde will stay with the club to develop a Football in the Community scheme to aid this. Grant aid is a key area of focus so that we can look at getting facilities to help this. Short term the pitch and ground need to be sorted out, longer term Mr Swan is looking at the options available with the ground to open up income streams.

This is the key area, commercially we need to bring in more money to fund the club on its own means. Chris, Sallie & Fenners have so far sold 30 boards, by doing so they also want to ensure that those businesses/individuals are given something back. New College will not be the clubs sponsor next season, they will however be working with the club on areas linked to Football In The Community. We therefore have to look at sponsorship and a list of available sponsorship packages was provided to all at the meeting for people to take away to see if employers, friends, families etc would be interested. One of the biggest things is bringing the whole club together, the youth sections need to be integrated back into the club. It was also identified that the ladies section that has 100 odd members is left out on a limb so Chris is having a meeting with the people who run that section. The lady who raised this is currently involved with Everton ladies and has offered her services to RUFC in respect of educational courses and the Football In The Community work. Now there is a person who obviously has skills and experience that could reallyt aide the club, the previous management did not know this!

A lot of Q's were asked ranging from the manager position (Chris said he would sit down with Redders at the end of the season), friendlies, pitch, youth/ladies section, future plans, shareholders, ground etc. All answered openly and honestly by Mr Swan.

Our TRUST although small at the moment has actually kept the club going this season by donating over £10k to aid the club, not massive amounts of money but helped keep the club ticking. Paying off EON when they called in debt, coaches, saviour for the Swan deal etc. The TRUST has a crucial role to play with the club and Chris wants to work with TRUST to aid the future of the club.

See Redditch Advertiser: http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8984331.Hyde_set_for_permanent_role/
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:31 pm

There were a few surprises on the night:

1. The attendance - 80+
2. The attendance after the interval
3. TRUST raising 11k in 8 months
4. 32 advertising boards sold already
5. How boring Fenners is when he talks about the grass/pitch improvements
6. Budget already prepared for next season
7. Minutes being taken by Sallie
8. Chris commitment to meet monthly with TRUST
9. Transparency with finances

All in all, a very good night
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down