Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Vote

2 posters

Go down

Facebook Vote Empty Facebook Vote

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:06 am

At the moment there is a vote on Facebook being run titled "What would it take to get you down The Valley Stadium to watch Redditch United next season?", So far it would seem that those that don't currently come down would do to watch a successful Team with less only citing Stadium Improvements and even less opting for cheaper Tickets to get them there.
Its only early but success seams to be what people want most.
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=147888828609837&qa_ref=na&notif_t=question_answer

Back to top Go down

Facebook Vote Empty Re: Facebook Vote

Post  allotmentender Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:52 pm

I take it this is for people who used to go to games but don't now.
I mean, we've had a little bit of success in the past (winning the western division, play offs, good start in con north etc etc..) and the good folk of Redditch still pretty much stayed away!!!!
I suppose some peoples idea of success is winning the premiershit, doing well in europe etc etc....

For me to return to the Valley next season, i'd have to move back to England or suddenly have more money than sense and spend all my time flying back and forth Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:36 am

allotmentender wrote:I take it this is for people who used to go to games but don't now.
I mean, we've had a little bit of success in the past (winning the western division, play offs, good start in con north etc etc..) and the good folk of Redditch still pretty much stayed away!!!!
I suppose some peoples idea of success is winning the premiershit, doing well in europe etc etc....

For me to return to the Valley next season, i'd have to move back to England or suddenly have more money than sense and spend all my time flying back and forth Wink
No mate vote is for all to find out how many come regular, and if not what would get you to come.
During the 60's it was common place to have 2000 through the gates, this peaked in 71 during the Reds vs Peterborough at 4000 although after crashing out rapidly dropped to around 500. It was hoped the new Town development would bring new faces but it seems this was not to be and allegiance's would stay with the big local teams instead of boosting RUFC gate numbers. Since then there have seen high gate numbers but only on odd occasions, Like it or not the main reason for low gate is people prefer to follow the bigger local 'ish Teams and only success at Redditch will bring some of these across. Pre 70's Redditch was mainly full of Redditch People, during and after the 70's they were out numbered by new out of town residents and slowly the Redditch Fan base has suffered. One thing is for sure we have always had to fight to keep/save the club and have always struggled in the money department, a combination of a well run business and regular success will only help for the future. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Attendances 'rapidly dropped to 500' Crying with laughter
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content