Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause!

3 posters

Go down

Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! Empty Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause!

Post  porrohman Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 am

Eight years ago, I cycled from Land’s End to John O’Groats for Cancer Research, and I vowed I’d never do another ride again!

However, two years ago my wife, Sallie, had Breast Cancer which was right out of the blue and had it not been for a routine medical, it may not have been detected in time. I am pleased to say she has been given the all clear. I continue to be amazed by any ladies’ ability to cope with the trauma and treatment.

One thing that became apparent to me was the fact that breast cancer now affects one in nine ladies and in my opinion much more research is needed to help eliminate this dreadful disease.

That is why she has ordered me on my bike again!

I am cycling from Donaueschingen (Black Forest, Germany) to Vienna with my good friend Geoff Prince and my son, Craig, starting on 16th June and finishing the 800+ miles in Vienna on 24th June. I hope to raise lots of money for this worthy cause and every pound raised will be going to Breast Cancer research at Cancer Research UK.

If you want to follow me on Twitter I will be updating the ride daily: www.twitter.com/swan_chris

So dig deep and donate now at: www.justgiving.com/chris-swan0
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! Empty Re: Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause!

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:41 am

Is TRUST making a donation?

If so, I will transfer my personal donation to TRUST account and then pass it on.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! Empty Re: Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause!

Post  porrohman Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 am

Yes mate ,talk to you over the weekend.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 am

Yes mate ,talk to you over the weekend.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:55 am

OK....OK
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 am

Say that again?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 am

Chairman's Charity Bike ride - Update -"First day 90 mile leg, very very strong headwind and hilly now 1700 feet above sea level need oxygen" -

[img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! Fbnpgp10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

The latest from the bike ride -
More rain then!!
[img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! Tokhpc10[/img]
"In Ingolstadt the home of Audi and rainy again. Craig and I had crash at 20mph but he is ok", "Craig landed on his head and did this to his leg. -he'll do anything to get out of the ride!!"
[img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! Ljyerw10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:03 am

"We're zigzagging the Danube climbing to great heights still raining, aching but enjoying it."
"This is what most days are like, we are not on roads all the time and do up to 70km on gravel tracks"[img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! R1sy10[/img][img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! 19hi10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:27 am

"90 miles with 20 to go and how they hurt! In Passau on Austrian Border.Neck hurts and other ailments"

[img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! 9qzlv10[/img]
"32 degrees oppressive.blisters sores but in sight of the end.Donations building,but need more!"
[img]Chairmans Bike Ride for charity- Please donate..great cause! H0iql10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down