Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Training Session/Signing Up

5 posters

Go down

First Training Session/Signing Up Empty First Training Session/Signing Up

Post  Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Well if we thought there would be no interest in playing for RUFC then we were wrong, I pulled up at 7.00pm to find both car parks full. It was like a really good game was about to happen, I would estimate 70+ players turned out!.
Some old faces and many new faces, despite the heat there was some great quality and desire out there and no surprises to see Tommy Warmer leading the run round the field.
Many will have not got any further than tonight but there should be some great players coming once the selection process comes to an end,I look forward to seeing what sort of Team Martin and the Team can put together.[img]First Training Session/Signing Up 2011-012[/img][img]First Training Session/Signing Up 2011-013[/img]

Back to top Go down

First Training Session/Signing Up Empty Re: First Training Session/Signing Up

Post  rawlings09 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm glad Tommy Warmer is staying on!!

You could tell we missed him when he wasn't in the team!

Can't wait for pre-season!! Hyper
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 am

Biggest crowd for years by the looks of it Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 am

Do I see Mr Swan casting an eye over his investment?

I thought he was still in Germany on the bike ride?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

It looks like it, Steve!

He finished on the 24th i think?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Do I see Mr Swan casting an eye over his investment?

I thought he was still in Germany on the bike ride?

I’m really not sure that ‘investment’ is the right word; but I think I know what you mean! Wink

When Mr Swan first came on board, I'm sure he said something along the lines of “I’m a busy man and can probably give one day a week to the club” (or words to that effect). Based on that, I thought he would be a busy and passive chairman, and that we might not see much of him. But so far so good, he looks well and truly dedicated...above and beyond the call of duty! And that's great to see.

But as I’ve said previously , I just hope that he is not too involved on the playing side and that Mr. Sockett is allowed to operate on an ‘extended leash’!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:47 pm

I understand what you mean Del Boy, but Chris wants to see a glint of passion in every player's eye.

We may have a brilliant, goal scoring machine, but if he goes to another club for tuppence more than what's the point in having him in the first place?

Once we have the loyalty on the pitch, i have no doubt in my mind that Graham Hyde will get them to the ability that they need to be at.

This is where everyone needs to communicate and i'm sure they will.

At the end of the day, Chris bought the Club, he can do what he likes. Let's be grateful for what we have Smile Cup Beer Cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 am

Yes Steve That is Chris Swan you can see, in fact all the staff were there as I think they should be (Chris Swan, Sallie Swan, Mark Fenemore, Tim Delaney, Graham Hyde, Martin Sockett, Paul Smith, Brian Knight, Pete James and Dave Ralph.
Chris has been down more than once a week but as Adrian Luxton can confirm (from tuesday) there is a lot of activity and business going on down at the Club on a daily basis and a small team of us are working our nuts off to make sure from top to bottom this Club moves forward in the right direction, the rewards both on and off the pitch will come very soon im sure. Very Happy
What we all need to do now is positively promote the club to friends and family and try and get as many new people down at the start of the season as possible, Alas all this good work will be in vein if we don't get more punters through the gates.

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Redjeff wrote:What we all need to do now is positively promote the club to friends and family and try and get as many new people down at the start of the season as possible, Alas all this good work will be in vein if we don't get more punters through the gates.

We’ve discussed it on here before; surely now is the time for the club to think about some kind of one off promotional fixture where the admission fee for one game is heavily discounted or even free. An early season fixture on a nice summers day, with the current feel good factor, could entice many more to come to the game (and spend their money in other ways).

With or without this, I think we’ll see some renewed interest and better attendances at the start of the season anyway. But ultimately, what happens on the pitch will be the key factor in who continues to support the club and those who don't.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 am

del boy wrote:We’ve discussed it on here before; surely now is the time for the club to think about some kind of one off promotional fixture where the admission fee for one game is heavily discounted or even free.

Have the club announced the gate prices for the coming season?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down