Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worcester City tonight

+12
allotmentender
Bob Marley
rawlings09
ted striker
arsene
adiy price
del boy
fingers
Redditchbluenose86
porrohman
Leethall
littleworthred
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worcester City tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: Worcester City tonight

Post  fingers Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 am

I'm with leethall - rest those at risk from injury, bring a couple in, but no logic in putting 2 or 3 first teamers in only to have all their confidence shot by a 4-0 defeat - if anything, rest everyone and put a total team of kids out and train with the first team on the Tuesday, better than what actually happened.

Some now have had a frustrating, confidence sapping game; others won't have had Tuesday's training session (or have they? Correct me if I'm wrong). I just don't see the benefit.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 am

fingers wrote:I'm with leethall - rest those at risk from injury, bring a couple in, but no logic in putting 2 or 3 first teamers in only to have all their confidence shot by a 4-0 defeat - if anything, rest everyone and put a total team of kids out and train with the first team on the Tuesday, better than what actually happened.

Some now have had a frustrating, confidence sapping game; others won't have had Tuesday's training session (or have they? Correct me if I'm wrong). I just don't see the benefit.
I believe there was a rule stating a minimum amount of first team players needed to be fielded.
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm with the management. Right decision. I don't even know what cup it was that's how much I care about it. I'd have played Leethall in the middle anyway.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Leethall wrote:Totally disagree. We have been pretty poor until the last few games and have got a bit of momentum and this was an ideal test against a good side. Play a bit part team rather than our 1st team to have a good go at extending the unbeaten run? We sound like those Premier League teams worried about burnout... It is bloody non league and you should want to play in and win every game. It is not like we have won many these last few seasons.... A win would have given the club a lot more exposure, onto the next game and starting from scratch again.

Lack of logic. Injuries? They can be picked up in training and any game, that is no excuse. Some of the players given a game on Monday were not ready and well out of their depth (No 5 & 9) and meant it was pretty much a waste of time. Take Deards for example, he played and was gutted as he wants to win every single game he plays, he had to put up with Moses-Garvey thinking he was David Beckham trying to ping 50 yard balls..... Treat the game as it should be, with respect

Totally disagree Leethal.
Yes...there is a risk in all aspects of the game...but why increase the risk?
After a big effort on Saturday, long journey etc....the risk of stretching or pulling something is much increased...we need the squad together as much as we can for the most important thing...staying in the league.

I think Graham did the right thing.

Sorry mate cannot agree. The risk is there every game, training session etc. Momentum is a big thing in football, after a great few results Worcester away, local derby against good quality players (Symons, Thornley, Clarke etc) is a good test and it is not like we have a load of old cloggers is it? They are all young and hungry to play and win, you could see that on Deards face. The only waste of space as always was Moses Garvey who gets worse each game I see him.

If we lose to Arsley on Saturday then "Graham" has missed a trick. I would rather have seen those U21's play next week against Banbury
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:06 pm

fingers wrote:I'm with leethall - rest those at risk from injury, bring a couple in, but no logic in putting 2 or 3 first teamers in only to have all their confidence shot by a 4-0 defeat - if anything, rest everyone and put a total team of kids out and train with the first team on the Tuesday, better than what actually happened.

Totally agree mate. Non League is going towards Premier League and "resting" players Head against wall
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 am

The result on Saturday will determine if Graham did the right or wrong thing.
Leethal in the middle? Porrohman? Just because he scored with a 40 yard cross against a sh*t keeper...one swallow doesn't make a summer...

Cue Porrohman talking us through his goal.... Sleep
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Bob Marley wrote:The result on Saturday will determine if Graham did the right or wrong thing.
Leethal in the middle? Porrohman? Just because he scored with a 40 yard cross against a sh*t keeper...one swallow doesn't make a summer...

Cue Porrohman talking us through his goal.... Sleep

Still disagree. Mr Hyde is thinking we are playing Pro football, we are non league!

That keeper doesn't know how unlucky he was Very Happy Then again it was Beckham esq a la Wimbledon Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:31 am

wanted to avoid injuries?
wanted to give youth experience?
wanted to concentrate on the league.

I'd of imagined the plan today was to beat Arlesey.

You cant always get what you want, especially in football.
I wonder if a good performance v Worcs after 2 league wins and going into todays game with momentum and confidence would of provided a different outcome?
Beauty of our game is nobody will ever know.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Today it was plain to see the new guy Grandison just didn't know how to play Trav's role with Jimmy. Look at the second half v Barwell, look at Jimmy's goal at Weymouth, the inter play between Jimmy and Travis has been working much better , today we had nothing up there. We didn't play as well as we can granted but it was obvious how much we lacked up top in terms of players knowing each others game. Direct result of Trav getting injured at Worcester. See Worcester has a great result today then after playing more experienced players on Monday..oh..hold on..they lost as well.
Bad mood. violin
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:28 pm

What was Grandison's first name Ade?

Joel, Jerome, or summat else?
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Was it a dodgey pen like posted on Facebook? Can't say anything about the performances as haven't been there but it is frustrating to see us lose to 3 of the teams below us at home (Cirencester, Swindon Spacemarines and Arlesey). We have had good performances against top teams but losing against these poor teams keeps dragging us back closer to the relegation spots!

On Travis' play with Deabill, from watching the DVD of the Weymouth match it is evident that they linked up extremely well, Travis playing an exceptional role behind the striker. How long is Travis out for? Hope he is back soon!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:21 pm

It was never a penalty. It looked like a perfectly good tackle to me. And it came just 10 minutes after one of their centre backs should have been sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Yes, the ref got a couple of big decisions wrong but we can't blame him for the result. Apart from the last 15 minutes of the first half, it was a really poor performance.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:37 pm

My point proven today about Monday night and not playing the game as it should have been with a strong team... Proven correct with a silly experiment gone wrong..
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:23 am

Point proven as well at Worcester who played a much stronger team than us and lost as well ?
Point proven we lost a decent striker who was linking up with Jimmy as he got injured on Monday and we looked lost up top.
We did make a cock up Monday..we shouldn't have put a single first teamer on that pitch v Worcester.
Huge reason we lost that game yesterday.

Fingers..think his name is Joel Grandison. Quick feet, lively, I suspect he's a wide man rather than a front two player from what I saw yesterday.

Lewis...4 to 5 weeks out for Trav. Well worth playing him on Monday wasn't it!!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 am

porrohman wrote:Point proven as well at Worcester who played a much stronger team than us and lost as well ?
Point proven we lost a decent striker who was linking up with Jimmy as he got injured on Monday and we looked lost up top.
We did make a cock up Monday..we shouldn't have put a single first teamer on that pitch v Worcester.
Huge reason we lost that game yesterday.

Fingers..think his name is Joel Grandison. Quick feet, lively, I suspect he's a wide man rather than a front two player from what I saw yesterday.

Lewis...4 to 5 weeks out for Trav. Well worth playing him on Monday wasn't it!!!

Come off it Aide. You are defending a non league club "resting players" from a game which would have tested them against a step 2 side? Injuries can happen in any game or training session, that is part and parcel of the game. Worcester may have lost but they used the game on Monday evening which was a better exercise than training to play football. When you have a squad like Man City with lots of quality yes rest players, when you are in Europe etc then rest players. This is non league football FFS! Oh and worked well for the U21's who only mustered a draw Very Happy

I would say that the reason we lost yesterday was because we were not good enough and Arsley were. Chris Dillion who scored is ex Nuneaton and obviously is a good player.

I know most people on here disagree but my point has been proven about the decision on Monday. Training for the players who did not play in that game was obviously a big success looking at yesterday's result.

Oh and Grandison seems to have gone from club to club. I am sure he was at Solihoof last season
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:12 am

yes that player was at solihul last season and he is at telford this season,beleave he is signed for both clubs as they are in differant league to us but not sure.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:24 am

Lee.
Last Saturday most of the players had a 15 hour round trip and a tough game which we got a fantastic result( after working a full week and training ). Back to work on Monday after a Sunday at home ..then a match Monday? I think if we would have played at home last week on Saturday you may have seen a stronger line up. I do believe the long journey
and exertions at Weymouth had a big say in how many first teamers were missing.
Re yesterday..we were poor for the most part. They were poor as well. You know I hate it it on other forums when people put ' we were crap but they were worse and we lost'..well in this case it's nearly correct. Honestly mate we so missed Trav linking up with Jimmy.
Perhaprs Mrs Moor can enlighten us on Grandison?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:53 am

porrohman wrote:Lee.
Last Saturday most of the players had a 15 hour round trip and a tough game which we got a fantastic result( after working a full week and training ). Back to work on Monday after a Sunday at home ..then a match Monday? I think if we would have played at home last week on Saturday you may have seen a stronger line up. I do believe the long journey
and exertions at Weymouth had a big say in how many first teamers were missing.
Re yesterday..we were poor for the most part. They were poor as well. You know I hate it it on other forums when people put ' we were crap but they were worse and we lost'..well in this case it's nearly correct. Honestly mate we so missed Trav linking up with Jimmy.
Perhaprs Mrs Moor can enlighten us on Grandison?

Point taken mate but they are hardly old players are they? Some BSN clubs play on a Saturday then a Monday (Droylsden, Worcester etc) and will have an away game in Glarrsta/Workington then a game on the Monday. No different and it is a poor excuse.

Yes we may have missed him but you cannot rely on 1 or 2 players who are only loanees. As a footballer confidence for a team is playing & winning, I will not agree that this was the correct decision unfortunately and was proven yesterday. Training in the winter months should be to keep you ticking over and working on defense/attacking moves/formations. Match time is vitally important and should never be over estimated.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:10 am

Should be pointed out Tommy didn't play yesterday as he was on a course apparantly.
Missed him.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:09 am

I heard it was his hamstring playing up again?

I agree, missed him in the middle yesterday
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:21 am

Hope he was on a look after your hamstring course.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 am

porrohman wrote:Perhaprs Mrs Moor can enlighten us on Grandison?

I don't think he made the first 11 but did feature on the bench during our seven game losing streak.

He may well of left us in September but he could have dual registration as suggested.

Our club info is limited and i don't buy programmes but i am fairly sure he's gone.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2