Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

+19
lewism5964
littleworthred
nevergreen
in2thevalley
Mr Bonehead
mattim
SID SNOT
adiy price
redditch born
ROWLY1971
rawlings09
porrohman
fingers
Captain Carlin
Bob Marley
RockDJ
Leethall
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  Captain Carlin Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Leethall wrote:
fingers wrote:No way I would bite to a closet Leamong pal Wink

Not been to Leamongton since I split with my ex!

Surely she wasn't your ex when you split?............only afterwards.
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  Mrs Moor Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am

Bob Marley wrote:We were struggling at the start of the season and the players assembled by S&S were clearly not good enough.

Results at the start of the season were about the same as they are now.

Bob Marley wrote:Mr Swan makes a change and Mr Hyde improves the playing side...this costs money and the standard of player now on the books is reflected in our improving position in the league.

Mr Hyde is only improving on his own performance, the club are no further up the table than they were in August. The budget has far exceeded the budget in August in order to repair the damage created by Mr Hyde, at the end of the day the Standard of player has not improved that much but the outlay certainly has.

Bob Marley wrote:How do we fund the improving playing squad that everyone on here (except Mrs Bore) so desperately wants?

I would love you to make the play offs and gain promotion, unlike you I do watch football and it would be great to have you back especially if Leamington were to get a promotion too.

Bob Marley wrote:We struggle on the fund raising side (80's night/race night) with many fans choosing not to attend, so the net result is that the gate income must increase to pay for the product now being produced.

(80's night/race night) Who on earth will get excited about events like these.

Bob Marley wrote:We can't have our cake and eat it guys....$1 is not the end of the world and it better to pay the extra across the hard core to get a better team on the field?

Cake and eat it, why are you putting players from the MFC on contract and paying them good money when they were playing for nothing a few weeks before they joined you and it’s not like anyone is going to offer you a fee for them at the end of the day.

The simple way to make a few quid is to do away with the concessions as many clubs are now doing, most pensioners who can afford football are mortgage free with a good disposable income.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 am

Here you go again 'cock of the north' (BSN).

Did you attend the Solihoof Bores race night last week? - who will get excited about that?

Bellend.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:15 am

Mrs. Moor... you really have it in for Graham Hyde don't you?
Why? It's like he's done somthing to you that's upset you alot...

Strange Neutral
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 am

Has anyone else noticed how Mrs Moor appears whenever there is division between supporters and posts comments that suddenly unite most of the support?

Has anyone else noticed how little Mrs Moor knows so little about basic events, etc, going on at the Moors?

Has anyone considered that Mrs Moor could be more in favour of the current regime at the Reds than we realise?

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 am

fingers wrote:Has anyone else noticed how Mrs Moor appears whenever there is division between supporters and posts comments that suddenly unite most of the support?

Has anyone else noticed how little Mrs Moor knows so little about basic events, etc, going on at the Moors?

Has anyone considered that Mrs Moor could be more in favour of the current regime at the Reds than we realise?

What are you trying to suggest?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:21 am

Bob Marley wrote:Here you go again 'cock of the north' (BSN).

Did you attend the Solihoof Bores race night last week? - who will get excited about that?

Bellend.

Solihull Moors did not have a race night last week although i believe the supporters club did i am not a member of the supporters club and as Moors were away at York i doubt many people attended.

Fancy putting up the prices without contacting you or your supporters trust, Shows just what he thinks of you mate .............. Embarassed Embarassed

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 am

rawlings09 wrote:

I am not trying to suggest anything.

I am asking whether anyone else has noticed the timing of Mrs Moor's posts and his/her lack of knowledge about his/her club.

I am asking if anyone thinks Mrs Moor could be more in favour of RUFC's current regime than one might initially think.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 am

fingers wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

I am asking whether anyone else has noticed the timing of Mrs Moor's posts and his/her lack of knowledge about his/her club.

I am asking if anyone thinks Mrs Moor could be more in favour of RUFC's current regime than one might initially think.

You've got a good point i think he/she is alot closer to the club that we're lead to beleive!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 am

fingers wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

Intriguing.......could it be that "Dark Forces" are afoot?
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 am

Captain Carlin wrote:
Leethall wrote:
fingers wrote:No way I would bite to a closet Leamong pal Wink

Not been to Leamongton since I split with my ex!

Surely she wasn't your ex when you split?............only afterwards.

Good point well made Captain! When I was with my ex it was easier to watch Leamongton to minimise war at home Smile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:08 am

fingers wrote:3 mate - I'll check, but I'm pretty sure there's a spare seat if you want it.

thanks but no thanks mate, all the best tho Beer Cheers
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:10 am

fingers wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:

well we already have a Mr Hyde..................so who's Jekyll???
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:

Bellend.

Solihull Moors did not have a race night last week although i believe the supporters club did i am not a member of the supporters club and as Moors were away at York i doubt many people attended.

Fancy putting up the prices without contacting you or your supporters trust, Shows just what he thinks of you mate .............. Embarassed Embarassed

Mrs Bore...once more for you.

TRUST was contacted in advance of the announcement of price increase.
TRUST was not consulted....but as explained, there is no other viable alternative at this time.
Yes, your supporters club (which you are not a member?) held a race night at your club house last week....the same day as your clubs biggest game in recent history?
As I have said, I do not care what anyone thinks of me.

Again, please go away and take your petty 'anti Hyde / Swan' diatribe with you.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 pm

i cant believe this thread is still going on. we started off with the club putting up the admission price, then a employee of the club slaging off the trust chairman, so it seems we are in distrubit. at the eend of the day the price to watch a game has gone up by a poxey \pound. lets move on. start anotherb thread like how the kitchens gone down. Senile thats a joke, glad to he.ar its getting better. give em a couple of weeks and they'll be as good as me Crying with laughter
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:19 am

Bob Marley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:

Bellend.

TRUST was not consulted....but as explained, there is no other viable alternative at this time.

You are signing players from the MFC and putting them on contract, these guys were playing for nothing before they joined you and are not going to command a transfer fee. You say there is not a viable alternative but you don't explain why.

Are you saying that Hyde has been given extra money and the budget increased from the Sockett & Smith era and if it is still the same why the price hike.

I gave you a viable alternative, end the concessions for the over 65's or reduce the playing budget to the level the club can afford. If the owner decides he wants the club to run at a level over and above the gate then he should fund it after all he's loaded and whats an extra £90.00 a week to him, he probably spends that on a meal.

Stop throwing insults and debate your point, the fact is you can't because Swan has not bothered to tell you anything other than what he has told me via his statement on the homepage.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:51 am

Mrs Moor, Why does it appear that you know more and care more about Redditch United than "Your own club"?

You seem more interested in stirring things up and trying to get a reaction from the fans, which is fair enough because you clearly enjoy trolling... why else would you be on a Redditch United forum?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  V.C. Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 am

RockDJ wrote:I agree that an increase in income is vital but this should be done with a strategic plan, not just by raising the entrance fee!

Was the Supporters TRUST consulted or even asked for their point of view?

‘If’ you get 200 people paying £9 the club receives an income of £1800
When increased to £10 you only have to lose 20 people to that increase (180 people at £10) to only generate the same income, if fact you actually lose as there are 20 people less spending at the bar or the snack outlet.

What do the club do to promote and gain a presence within the community, local businesses? I’m sure with a clear strategy something could be done to increase income.

How much funding / Grants do the club get via local associations I know there is significant funding available at groups such as the Health & Well Being?

Of course the Club have had extensive meetings with the local authorities, local associations and local businesses. Hence the YMCA on the front of all first team shirts. All of these plans take time to come to fruition, in the meantime, just like your bills at home, the bills at the Club have increased as well.

Just to advise you all I have it on good authority that all of the golden goal tickets at the match against Banbury United were sold, so obviously the price increase did not have any effect on this.

Why is there so much negativity about?

Why can you not be positive about the Club and it's future? Head against wall

V.C.
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... - Page 4 Empty Consultation

Post  V.C. Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 am

As you think the trust should have been consulted about the ticket price increase, should they be consulted every time the club have to pay a bill as well. Perhaps everyone would then see the whole picture! Rolling Eyes

V.C.

Back to top Go down

Post  V.C. Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 am

You may think it was bad timing for the ticket price increase, but any fans that were at the match on Saturday would know that beer was only £2.00 per pint up to half time and £2.50 for an hour after the match! THe club are also offering half price season tickets for the remaining home games. A very good deal I think! Basketball

V.C.

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 am

V.C. wrote:As you think the trust should have been consulted about the ticket price increase, should they be consulted every time the club have to pay a bill as well. Perhaps everyone would then see the whole picture! Rolling Eyes

How very,very sad. And embarrasing.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:11 am

V.C, if you’re going to re-post my comments at least make your comments clear not tagged on the bottom of mine.

I wasn’t being negative towards the club, I was merely pointing out the need for better communication and what could be achieved if we all pull together and brainstormed a few ideas.

I was pointing out MY perceptions of the fan base, as a Reds fan to other Reds fans on an unofficial forum.

I’m please the club has approached local authorities, local associations and local business I would expect all this communication must be having a real impact on the gates. I do wonder though, if we go to all this effort to contact all of the above why we wouldn’t publish it on our website, the same 3 partners have been there for months? How much has been raised from all these campaigns, the YMCA front shirt sponsorship? Where, Why, do we need future funding? Who can help? What can supporters do? etc etc.

My observation is we need better communication to raise awareness, promote the good work at the club and change people’s perceptions
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:06 am

V.C. wrote:You may think it was bad timing for the ticket price increase, but any fans that were at the match on Saturday would know that beer was only £2.00 per pint up to half time and £2.50 for an hour after the match! THe club are also offering half price season tickets for the remaining home games. A very good deal I think! Basketball

Yeah brilliant that is and fair play to the club. What about those fans that are not interested in a having a pint? Those that do then all good there, those that do not don't get anything out of it.

Yeah good idea with the half price season tickets, maybe they sell a few but I think we have lost a load of fans recently due to the events at the club and lack of clear communication. Maybe you know better as you seem to know more than the average fan?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 am

Cant belive we have had 7 pages over a £1 !!!!!!!!!! The club obviously need the extra money. I for one would prefer to pay it than watch the cr*p we had to watch at the begining of the season!!!!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... - Page 4 Empty Communication.

Post  V.C. Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:20 pm

When a successful outcome raises it's head from the many meetings that the club attend, then I am sure that the Club will notify the fans. Until then though the club have to respect confidentiality as in all sections of the commercial world!

As the club have asked on many occasions if any supporter can help in any way then speak to them.

V.C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next