Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY

+13
Mr Bonehead
ted striker
fingers
rawlings09
Bob Marley
porrohman
Redditchbluenose86
Leethall
Captain Carlin
arsene
in2thevalley
del boy
V.C.
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY Empty TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY

Post  V.C. Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 am

TONIGHT'S MATCH AGAINST ST ALBANS IS DEFINITELY ]ON[/b]
PUT ON YOUR LONG JOHNS AND COME TO THE VALLEY, WARM YOURSELF UP WITH A BURGER AND A CUP OF TEA!!!!
SEE YOU THERE cheers cheers

V.C.
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY Empty Re: TUESDAY 31ST JANUARY

Post  del boy Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 am

It's gonna be a bloody cold one! I might have to watch this one from the bar!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:59 am

Is anyone else going this evening?????????????????
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 am

I'll be there (Yes there is madness in my family!!!)
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 am

Yes, I will be there to use the free beer offer (voucher) that were handed out on Saturday for tonight's game. Beer Beer Cheers
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 am

No going to swerve this one and if I watch any football considering I am still at work it will be Studley v Stratford but highly unlikely.

I shall have to keep an eye on Kimbo's Spazbook updates.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Winning 3 - 2 @ HT. Good, open, entertaining game.

Dismal crowd. Probably less than 100.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm

FFS Head against wall

Reds 3-4 St Albans 88mins
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Losing 4-3 Sad
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:11 pm

That's how it finished. It was a really soft goal to lose to. Bedford came on to replace Coleman in goal and had been having a good game, but then let a really soft one through his fingers.

The first half was as good as I've seen at home all season. Deabill took advantage of a couple of errors to score his two goals. In the second half, we faded and St. Albans probably did enough to deserve it.

The attendance wasn't announced but I guess it was approximately 70 odd. Shocking. We are now also perilously close to the relegation zone. pale
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Attendance was 84. In the Southern League Premier this season, only Evesham have had less than this. But in Eveshams defence, they do at least play 15 miles away from home!!!

Pathetic. We deserve to be relegated.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:36 pm

del boy wrote:That's how it finished. It was a really soft goal to lose to. Bedford came on to replace Coleman in goal and had been having a good game, but then let a really soft one through his fingers.

The first half was as good as I've seen at home all season. Deabill took advantage of a couple of errors to score his two goals. In the second half, we faded and St. Albans probably did enough to deserve it.

The attendance wasn't announced but I guess it was approximately 70 odd. Shocking. We are now also perilously close to the relegation zone. pale

Absolutely key result this IMO, think we are heading for the trap door in our current form. Seem to have lost the ability to keep clean sheets, now scoring goals but this is not good enough!

Crowd reported on the Evostick League site as 80 odd, that is plainly shocking.....

I for one was not at the game this evening as I did not finish work until late, missed some good entertainment though!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Worcester City reduced their prices for last Monday's home game against Histon.. £7 Adults £3 concessions. Result 916 attendance. The last home gate was 791...and that was a Saturday.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:59 pm

porrohman wrote:Worcester City reduced their prices for last Monday's home game against Histon.. £7 Adults £3 concessions. Result 916 attendance. The last home gate was 791...and that was a Saturday.

Yep and they had a beer festival on. They also have a regular skittles night on a Monday as well so may have been inflated with that! You know for a fact that Histon would not have taken any fans!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:23 pm

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:07 am

I don't see where we go from here... again we look unsure as to defend our 2 goal advantage, or build on it. I think we panicked a bit, then it went downhill from there really.

If giving 100% isn't enough, if scoring 3 goals isn't enough, then what is? We could have won yesterday, they were nothing out of the ordinary, and for once we can't blame the ref and officials because on the whole they weren't too bad.

With the teams above us winning (mainly anyone that plays us Head against wall ) and the bottom teams beating us too, it's not looking too good for Redditch in the Evo-Stik Southern... I really don't want to get relegated but we're 2 points away from the drop... and a loss on saturday could see us in there.

It's hard to stay positive, i know we've got to, but there's very little to cheer about at the moment.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 am

Bob Marley wrote:"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

"An ostrich with its head in the sand closes his eyes and sees what he wants to see - it doesn't make it reality." - Andy Mitchell, 2012.

You'd do the club, its fans, the Swan's and TRUST many more favours by not agreeing with everything that happens - the people of TRUST have vast experience and knowledge of the non-league circuit, the Swan's don't have the benefit of that experience - TRUST need to have enough backbone to tell the club where they're going wrong.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 am

Leethall wrote:
porrohman wrote:Worcester City reduced their prices for last Monday's home game against Histon.. £7 Adults £3 concessions. Result 916 attendance. The last home gate was 791...and that was a Saturday.

Yep and they had a beer festival on. They also have a regular skittles night on a Monday as well so may have been inflated with that! You know for a fact that Histon would not have taken any fans!

What are you suggesting......we hold the next midweek match at 7am to coinide with the Market mornings?

Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:40 am

fingers wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

"An ostrich with its head in the sand closes his eyes and sees what he wants to see - it doesn't make it reality." - Andy Mitchell, 2012.

You'd do the club, its fans, the Swan's and TRUST many more favours by not agreeing with everything that happens - the people of TRUST have vast experience and knowledge of the non-league circuit, the Swan's don't have the benefit of that experience - TRUST need to have enough backbone to tell the club where they're going wrong.

I celebrate every game we play, Andy....win, lose or draw. We still have a club to support.
I believe the people dear to this club, think the same.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:03 am

Nothing wrong with that Bob, but I know that the people in TRUST, including yourself have put tremendous time, effort and care into the things you have done for RUFC - you do not wish to see the club relegated or struggling, it will hurt you, I know, to see only 84 people turning up for games.

Don't just agree with every decision the club makes, every stratgey they have just because the Swans have done so much right and it looks god to be supportive - they have never run a football club before and I'm sure would be grateful for advice on how to imrpove things rather than just unflinching support and a 'nodding dog' syndrome.

The Swans are intelligent people - they will embrace constructive criticism as long as it is helpful and without malice.

TRUST has so much to offer - don't allow personal pride to stop you from offering it.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:57 am

fingers wrote:Nothing wrong with that Bob, but I know that the people in TRUST, including yourself have put tremendous time, effort and care into the things you have done for RUFC - you do not wish to see the club relegated or struggling, it will hurt you, I know, to see only 84 people turning up for games.

Don't just agree with every decision the club makes, every stratgey they have just because the Swans have done so much right and it looks god to be supportive - they have never run a football club before and I'm sure would be grateful for advice on how to imrpove things rather than just unflinching support and a 'nodding dog' syndrome.

The Swans are intelligent people - they will embrace constructive criticism as long as it is helpful and without malice.

TRUST has so much to offer - don't allow personal pride to stop you from offering it.

This ^

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:09 am

fingers wrote:

Hallelujah, at last!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 am

I did suggest some time ago that the club would benefit from using people like Rowly & Leethall and was universally shot down or insulted. If the club has people with a vast knowledge of players local to the club who they believe are of a suitable standard then why not get them along and let Hyde have a look, a player like Troy Deeney was playing in MFC2 but someone took a gamble.

I know the players are there but if you insist on telephone loan transfers and selecting players because they come from club’s higher in the pyramid and that’s your only criteria then what can you expect. I mentioned the other day you have loaned out a fantastic defender only to replace him with another loan player who I am told is not as good as the guy that belongs to you and you farmed out. Recent results would seem to make my point for me.

If you care about the club you should not just base your judgment on results you should look at the structure that has been built around the team, does it look as though the current management are taking the team in the right direction, patience should be practiced but only if you can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:18 am

Bob Marley wrote:
fingers wrote:

I celebrate every game we play, Andy....win, lose or draw. We still have a club to support.
I believe the people dear to this club, think the same.

Bob, you seem to be obsessed by the fact that the club was close to extinction nearly 12 months ago, but a hell of a lot of water has passed under the bridge since. You can't even compare the current set up and expectation to how is was with no budget under Ken Rae with Matt Gardner/Simon Redhead in charge. We expected to lose and get relegated, and no one was that bothered when we did. Through a massive slice of fortune Chris Swan decided to invest in the club, clear the debts, improve the facilities and had a vision 'to have Redditch in the Conference' in 5 years. Fortunately we then had a totally different situation on our hands, and some of us expect to be competing certainly with most other clubs in this league, bar a few of the big spenders. I would suggest that our budget won't be the biggest in the league, but certainly won't be the smallest, with view to the £1600 a week being banded around. Hyde is p1ssing this up the wall and signing a load of sub standard loan players, bar Connor Deards who he obviously got lucky with. Look at some of the players Gardner bought in through his network with a fraction of the budget Jordon Fitzpatrick, Matt Smith, Lee Ayres, Joe Hull, Nick Bussey all of which are a dam site better than anyone bought to the club by Hyde. We will get relegated with Hyde in charge, fact. If we bought someone in now with a decent network in the local area and gave them the same budget I have no doubt we would stop up comfortably.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:58 am

From unverified, but what I believe to be reliable info there is one club spending 8-10k p/w, another two, maybe three on 4/5k p/w, the rest are between 1-3k p/w.

The lowest I know of is 1k p/w and I'd say there are five or six clubs not significantly above that.

The difference tends to be quite insignificant - there aren't many teams blown out of the water financially by others as can be the case in the other two Step 3 leagues - hence it is very competitive in the Southern Premier.

There is one club who are pushing for the play-offs on around 1.5k p/w, another side struggling on 2.5-3k p/w.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next