Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banbury 0 Reds 0

3 posters

Go down

Banbury 0 Reds 0 Empty Banbury 0 Reds 0

Post  mattim Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am

Not a bad game for a 0-0 but we really should have won this one. Niall Cooper made a great save just before half time and they went close a couple of minutes from the end but it was Reds who made the most chances and played the neater football.

The last 15 minutes or so were particularly frustrating, Danks hit the post, Bridgwater blasted just wide and one was disallowed for offside. We really could have wrapped up the 3 points in that period. I followed a group of Banbury supporters out of the ground and it was evident that they were relieved with getting a point. They were also commenting on the way Reds passed the ball around and clearly felt we were the better team.

Can't recall anyone having a bad game, Cooper in particular was impressive, I had heard negative things from the pre season games but he didn't put a foot wrong. Danks they couldn't cope with but it was one of those days when the ball just didn't quite seem to roll our way.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Banbury 0 Reds 0 Empty Re: Banbury 0 Reds 0

Post  tmorton90 Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 am

Encouraging signs. It's nice to hear that we are finally passing it around and playing some decent stuff. Going to be a very open season I reckon, early days I know but look at who is up there in the league! I don't think many would have expected Hemel Hempstead to have a 100% record after last years performance, just proves that any team in this league is beatable. Lets just hope that the 3-0 at Hitchin was just a blip (blame the manager for sipping cocktails on the beach during gametime Laughing ) and we can have a decent season.

One thing that does worry me though is the attendances, 200 for the first home game of the season really is disappointing...

tmorton90
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

A couple of Banbury fans stood next to me and my mate were cheering for Redditch near the end due to our football today. The law of averages suggests that if we play like that on a consistent basis we will definitely win more than we lose. Great Very Happy performance!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down