Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 1 Banbury 0

+8
Mr Bonehead
StockportReds
Redditchbluenose86
del boy
alottmentender
Bob Marley
ted striker
porrohman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reds 1 Banbury 0  Empty Reds 1 Banbury 0

Post  porrohman Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am

Scrappy game for the most part, thought we shaded first half, Jimmy hit the post, put one just over early doors. Secong half they bossed it first 15, but we got into it more, should have had a penalty then Berwick beat a defender and shot across the keeper for a superb finish.Plus points..Tommy Warmer...Tommy Warmer songs....Jimmy, Berwick goal..minus points..Grandison..bambi on ice. Gate.. 171 with 25 from Banbury. Rock DJ about right with his prediction about stay aways due to increase.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds 1 Banbury 0  Empty Re: Reds 1 Banbury 0

Post  ted striker Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:10 am

Great result, that's 4 wins from 5 league matches, and by all accounts we deserved something from the Arlesey game too. As frustrating as it might be to fans who have attended the cup matches in which we've fielded under-strength sides, you can't argue that it's been detrimental to our league form.
What's key is that we are picking up points against other struggling clubs - it's great to match teams at the top like Totton and Leamington, and every point is worth the same at the end of the season, but you have to beat the teams around you to move up the table. After a slow start, it looks like things might be looking up for the Hyde-era Reds.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 am

Well done Graham and the lads today...top result that....now waiting for Leethal & Fingers to comment on their 'doom and gloom' predictions following Tuesday night?

4 wins from the last 5?...bloody hell, this fella Hyde 'aint too bad considering he doesn't know his arse from his elbow at this level?..... Evil or Very Mad

Gate? have a quick review of other pre-Christmas home games to comment?

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 am

i personnally dont think the price increase had anything to do with the gate today,think its more likely the fact that its near xmas and people are having to get xmas presents and other shopping.the game itself i think we just about deserved to win for the few chances that we created.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 am

Bob Marley wrote:

I already have!!! I looked at all of the SLP home attendances today compared to their average attendances. Most clubs were close to their season average and some exceeded it; not what I expected to be honest

Still, you can't put today's poor attendance down to the rise in admission fee. There are too many variables to consider. Indeed the guys that I spoke to down there today, didn't even know the entrance fee had risen. Give it time and lets see where we are at the end of the season.

As for the game, there wasn't really much goal mouth action. I thought it was a bit of a yawn fest in all honesty. Berwick had a quiet game for the majority, but when it mattered, his run and finish was quality. It's early days of course, but his goal looked like it came from someone who knows where the back of the net is.

Last edited by del boy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Boring game for both sides, Banbury looked the more dangerous overall but we defended superbly today! Our back four won us the game.
As ted said, we deserved all 3 points vs Arlesey and walked away with nothing. It's slides and climbing frames.

Fair play to the Banbury fans who made the trip, had some good banter in the allotment end!

Superb result and you can really feel the vibe around the club.

Players got a drinking game on the go after, which looks to end messy! And rightly so they deserve it! drunken

UTFR
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:21 pm

And as for the gate, keep this form up and they will come.

Joint 2nd lowest gate today which I'd put down to cold and Xmas more than the price increase.

Oh and sorry Leethall you'll be seeing more of us in the allotment end in weeks to come Point and laugh
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:39 pm

So most clubs in our league averaged the same and some exceeded their average gate today , but because it was cold and near Christmas we only had about 150 fans. Is it a Redditch thing then? confused
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote: Banbury looked the more dangerous overall but we defended superbly today! Our back four won us the game.

I agree with you and I don't. Our defense was so good today that I don't think you can say that Banbury looked 'dangerous'.

Today was little more than a training session for Dean Coleman. He had back passes to clear, crosses to pluck out of the air, and a few daisy cutters to pick up. It was a pretty easy game for him.

Defensively, we have looked good this season. We aren’t conceding too many goals and have rarely been under the cosh. Our biggest problem has been a lack of creativity and an inability to score goals.

We are still lacking the creativity, but the goals are starting to trickle in. As long as our defence remains solid, we are going to keep picking up more points than we had been at the start of the season. We do need some creativity and excitement though; the results might have been better recently, but the overall entertainment has been poor.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Another great result which regardless of the performance will be all that most people will remember in a few weeks time.

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:52 pm

porrohman wrote:So most clubs in our league averaged the same and some exceeded their average gate today , but because it was cold and near Christmas we only had about 150 fans. Is it a Redditch thing then? confused

Porrohman.....the best post on here for a long, long time. (Obviously I base that comment on the fact I agree with you!)
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:
porrohman wrote:So most clubs in our league averaged the same and some exceeded their average gate today , but because it was cold and near Christmas we only had about 150 fans. Is it a Redditch thing then? confused

Porrohman.....the best post on here for a long, long time. (Obviously I base that comment on the fact I agree with you!)

To be fair to Bob, he was right! Wink
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Of course I was right Del Boy...

Take note Mr Bonehead. Senile
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Of course I was right Del Boy...

But of course, being right is your default setting!!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Mr Bonehead wrote:

You're right!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Mr Bonehead wrote:

You're right!

It must be catching!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Well done Graham and the lads today...top result that....now waiting for Leethal & Fingers to comment on their 'doom and gloom' predictions following Tuesday night?

4 wins from the last 5?...bloody hell, this fella Hyde 'aint too bad considering he doesn't know his arse from his elbow at this level?..... Evil or Very Mad

Steve, get with the programme mate, the performance was average, the result was good. Stop defending everything the club has done. Tuesday should have been a strong team, the team were all over the shop 1st half looking like they had not played together...

Yes we won, we were average, BanBurberry were good until the final 3rd. Crowd was shocking and the comments about the price increases were "They will do more harm than good". Judging by the quality and entertainment on the pitch it does not justify the increase!

Yes we won and great, still cannot accept tin pot teams taking the p*ss out of the paying public on a Tuesday evening when we should be respecting the cup and trying to improve the quality of play.

Can we get Steve a DVD of the full game so he stops watching & listening to the Premier League games/Managers please Wink Fishing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:And as for the gate, keep this form up and they will come.

Joint 2nd lowest gate today which I'd put down to cold and Xmas more than the price increase.

Oh and sorry Leethall you'll be seeing more of us in the allotment end in weeks to come Point and laugh

Noisy bar stewards Laughing I had to go and stand behind the bottom goal to have some banter with the Banbury keeper but it worked as Berwick netted! Also classic with Kimbo thinking he had won the golden goal but finding out it was 1 minute earlier the goal Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Leethall wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:Well done Graham and the lads today...top result that....now waiting for Leethal & Fingers to comment on their 'doom and gloom' predictions following Tuesday night?

Steve, get with the programme mate, the performance was average, the result was good. Stop defending everything the club has done. Tuesday should have been a strong team, the team were all over the shop 1st half looking like they had not played together...

Yes we won, we were average, BanBurberry were good until the final 3rd. Crowd was shocking and the comments about the price increases were "They will do more harm than good". Judging by the quality and entertainment on the pitch it does not justify the increase!

Yes we won and great, still cannot accept tin pot teams taking the p*ss out of the paying public on a Tuesday evening when we should be respecting the cup and trying to improve the quality of play.

Can we get Steve a DVD of the full game so he stops watching & listening to the Premier League games/Managers please Wink Fishing

Comments like that definitely won't get you a best post award. You're "way off message!"

Last edited by Mr Bonehead on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical error.)
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Leethall wrote:

I love it when you are wrong....Hyde did the right thing...4 wins in 5...if we stay in this league, will anyone really care about the Red Insure Cup?
I'll take an average, winning side everyday of the week.

Our day in the sun is coming...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:26 am

Ok so it wasn't pretty to watch at times, too many aimless balls down the wings, But another victory, 4 wins in 5 league games. If we can beat Bedford next week ( and I can see no reason why we can't) that will set us up nicely from the christmas fixtures.

Another clean sheet and only 20 conceded all season, Berwick looks a very good signing.Very Happy . The noise from the allotment end was superb, "5 Tommy Warmers" song was brilliant and the banter with the Banbury fans was class.

One of the highlights was Kimbo thinking he had won the goalden goal only to realise he was a minute out. Priceless.Reds 1 Banbury 0  1834 Reds 1 Banbury 0  1834 Reds 1 Banbury 0  1834

AT LAST Reddditch are heading in the right direction on and off the pitch.

Well done to all concerned. And keep up the good work.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 am

Yes settling for an average winning side is definitely the objective is it not! Well now we have agreed to disagree about the league cup we can put that to bed as it is all about opinions Wink

So 4 out of 5 wins is absolutely great and is promotion form, add that to the price increase and the free flowing hoofball Wink then we should be seeing the crowds flock back down the Valley Wink?!

Mmmmm, let's wait & see

Oh Mr Bonehead, not looking for a best message award, just what my views are which obviously go against the grain on here!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:51 am

Leethall wrote:Oh Mr Bonehead, not looking for a best message award, just what my views are which obviously go against the grain on here!

I wouldn't say your views go totally against the grain, you have an opinion and it's nice to read and hear everyones take on the games. If everyone contributed the same views on here it would be incredibly boring and we might all aswell pack up and go to Jonestown.

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim_S Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:54 am

The win has put us top of the Form Table (Last 5 games). To me that is fairly impressive Smile
Tim_S
Tim_S
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:03 am

Leethall wrote:Yes settling for an average winning side is definitely the objective is it not! Well now we have agreed to disagree about the league cup we can put that to bed as it is all about opinions Wink

So 4 out of 5 wins is absolutely great and is promotion form, add that to the price increase and the free flowing hoofball Wink then we should be seeing the crowds flock back down the Valley Wink?!

Mmmmm, let's wait & see

Oh Mr Bonehead, not looking for a best message award, just what my views are which obviously go against the grain on here!

I know you're not looking for any award. Neither was del boy but he got one none the less!!
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next