Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Hednesford

+11
RockDJ
Bob Marley
Redditch_Reject
Tommo
arsene
tmorton90
Leethall
LathamDan
rawlings09
oldtommo
in2thevalley
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Predictions for Hednesford - Page 2 Empty Re: Predictions for Hednesford

Post  Leethall Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:03 pm

arsene wrote:

Towards the end of the game, Trevor Whittingham came into the ground and I jokingly asked him if he was thinking of making a comeback!! To be honest even at his age and level of fitness I can't help thinking that he'd be able to do a better job than some of the current incumbents!

Oh, well, onward and upward. See you Tuesday!

You may joke but I played with Trev last year on a Sunday and he is absolutely class and still puts 100% in and was quality in all he did (apart from running!). The lot out there today were just shite.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Redditch_Reject wrote:The fixture list has really gone against us this season.
One first home game not till September. Most new fans, or semi - fans will get more interested by the new season. When we've not had a good pre- season, and then not the best start to the season, no one was really interested because all the optimism seems to have gone. We need to play like we did at the end of last season to start bringing back the crowds.

Although many didn't rate all of last seasons team, the team that played against Weymouth in April was much better than the one last week. Tommy may not have been rated by all of you, but when he played we usually controlled the centre of midfield. He's now picking up MOTM at Evesham every other week.

No the team last year was a lot worse than what we have now. Warmer just ran around and yes you need effort but he passed well horizontal and backwards. He never controlled the centre midfield other than being the only one for Redditch who put some effort in. No quality whatsoever
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:12 am

Leethall wrote:
Redditch_Reject wrote:The fixture list has really gone against us this season.
One first home game not till September. Most new fans, or semi - fans will get more interested by the new season. When we've not had a good pre- season, and then not the best start to the season, no one was really interested because all the optimism seems to have gone. We need to play like we did at the end of last season to start bringing back the crowds.

Although many didn't rate all of last seasons team, the team that played against Weymouth in April was much better than the one last week. Tommy may not have been rated by all of you, but when he played we usually controlled the centre of midfield. He's now picking up MOTM at Evesham every other week.

No the team last year was a lot worse than what we have now. Warmer just ran around and yes you need effort but he passed well horizontal and backwards. He never controlled the centre midfield other than being the only one for Redditch who put some effort in. No quality whatsoever

I agree tommy showed alot of passion but quality wasn't there for me but with most of the lads showing no quality I'm also questioning there passion at times!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:01 am

The team we have at present, potentially could be a very good team indeed, I agree that they are better as a whole than last years team, and with Alex and Spud to come back, we should improve.I feel that we still need someone up top to score, and while we dont concede many (apart from yesterday) we dont score many either. And you will not get out of this league or win cups by drawing games!!!!

We have the quality and ability now we want pride and passion.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 am

in2thevalley wrote:The team we have at present, potentially could be a very good team indeed, I agree that they are better as a whole than last years team, and with Alex and Spud to come back, we should improve.I feel that we still need someone up top to score, and while we dont concede many (apart from yesterday) we dont score many either. And you will not get out of this league or win cups by drawing games!!!!

We have the quality and ability now we want pride and passion.

I agree , but I just don't think we are getting the performances from certain players. If they play to their potential then yes we are (or should be) better than last season. The perfect example to me is Connor Deards who made quite an impact on loan last season but hasn't seemed the same player so far this campaign. I also think Liam McDonald needs a role where he can be more influential, he often seems to have been stuck out wide on the left. My big concern (and everyone else's) is where are the goals going to come from. It often seems like a case of give the ball to Mark Danks and see if he can score but I don't see any major goal threat from the others. Early days yet and no need to panic but we can't afford any more performances like yesterday.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2