Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 0 Barwell 1

+6
in2thevalley
Reds11
Gidsi
Leethall
Redditch_Reject
ted striker
10 posters

Go down

Reds 0 Barwell 1 Empty Reds 0 Barwell 1

Post  ted striker Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:24 pm

A poor game from the neutral's perspective, the ball spent way too much time at or above head height for my liking. Not enough threat up front, and when their defence had possession, Joel Grandison didn't close down anywhere near often enough. He didn't do enough with the couple of decent chances he had, although the service to him (particularly short balls into feet) was better than I'd expected, although as he was playing alone up front - or at least seemed to be - too often he received the ball with his back to goal and closely marked.

For those who were there and unsure what was going on when Barwell scored, the assistant ref on the main stand side was flagging to indicate that the ball had crossed the line, not - as some of our players seemed to think - that James Wren had been impeded or that their guy was offside. I thought there was a strong case for disallowing the goal for either of those reasons, but unfortunately the officials saw fit to allow it.

The highlight from Reds' perspective was surely the performance of Leavi Oshungbare, who came on as a half-time sub for Liam McDonald. He looks like a promising prospect, and I'd be surprised and disappointed if he doesn't get more first-team chances in the near future.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds 0 Barwell 1 Empty Re: Reds 0 Barwell 1

Post  Redditch_Reject Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:58 pm

The only thing I'd have to say about that lad whose name I can't spell or remember, is that if he's the one that came on against Frome last week, then he seems to have large amounts of skill, but he was very lazy. If you look at the quality of natural midfielders we have (Hendrie, Deards, Cresswell,Macdonald,Richards,Hands,Bridgewater, Grandinson), then I think enless he runs about a bit more, he shouldn't get many more first team oppurtunities just yet.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:58 pm

ted striker wrote:A poor game from the neutral's perspective, the ball spent way too much time at or above head height for my liking. Not enough threat up front, and when their defence had possession, Joel Grandison didn't close down anywhere near often enough. He didn't do enough with the couple of decent chances he had, although the service to him (particularly short balls into feet) was better than I'd expected, although as he was playing alone up front - or at least seemed to be - too often he received the ball with his back to goal and closely marked.

For those who were there and unsure what was going on when Barwell scored, the assistant ref on the main stand side was flagging to indicate that the ball had crossed the line, not - as some of our players seemed to think - that James Wren had been impeded or that their guy was offside. I thought there was a strong case for disallowing the goal for either of those reasons, but unfortunately the officials saw fit to allow it.

The highlight from Reds' perspective was surely the performance of Leavi Oshungbare, who came on as a half-time sub for Liam McDonald. He looks like a promising prospect, and I'd be surprised and disappointed if he doesn't get more first-team chances in the near future.

Spot on TS. We need a centre forward in a big way, Jimmy Deabill would be ideal the way Redders is wanting to play with Deards and Hendrie on the wings with McDonald in the centre.

Agree Leavi looked really good on Tue v Worcester and today. He is not fazed and has a refreshing attitude with no fear. Thought Hickman back was a plus as was Mark Hands who really has shored up that centre midfield area.

I was disappointed with Barwell and expected more from the team they have, strong and solid but not not as good a footballing side as last season but they executed their game plan well. Always thought the first goal was going to be crucial and Barwell were happy to get it and defend and play on the counter attack.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Redditch_Reject wrote:The only thing I'd have to say about that lad whose name I can't spell or remember, is that if he's the one that came on against Frome last week, then he seems to have large amounts of skill, but he was very lazy. If you look at the quality of natural midfielders we have (Hendrie, Deards, Cresswell,Macdonald,Richards,Hands,Bridgewater, Grandinson), then I think enless he runs about a bit more, he shouldn't get many more first team oppurtunities just yet.

No it was not the same player who came on against Frome it is the lad who came on v Worcester. He looks a good player and would be a much better bet than McDonald on the left wing. McDonald for me is a centre midfielder.

Personally I would like us to try and play a back 3 (Hickman, Flanagan, Charlton) with wing backs (Hendrie, Qaynor), Hands/McDonald/Deards/Richards/Cresswell in the centre with 2 up top. Problem is though we desperately need a striker with pace and power.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Leethall wrote:
Redditch_Reject wrote:The only thing I'd have to say about that lad whose name I can't spell or remember, is that if he's the one that came on against Frome last week, then he seems to have large amounts of skill, but he was very lazy. If you look at the quality of natural midfielders we have (Hendrie, Deards, Cresswell,Macdonald,Richards,Hands,Bridgewater, Grandinson), then I think enless he runs about a bit more, he shouldn't get many more first team oppurtunities just yet.

No it was not the same player who came on against Frome it is the lad who came on v Worcester. He looks a good player and would be a much better bet than McDonald on the left wing. McDonald for me is a centre midfielder.

Personally I would like us to try and play a back 3 (Hickman, Flanagan, Charlton) with wing backs (Hendrie, Qaynor), Hands/McDonald/Deards/Richards/Cresswell in the centre with 2 up top. Problem is though we desperately need a striker with pace and power.

Ahh okk, that's fair enough then. Yes, we need a striker, and really Jimmy Deabill is the one lad that fits the bill. Shame it's unlikley that we'll attract him back though.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Gidsi Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:34 pm

A frustrating game today. Short on genuine chances for either side but a point would have been fair. Like earlier comment it felt at half time like the team to score first would go on to win 1-0. Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the aftermath of the goal.
Joel Grandison up front looks fine if he has space and time to run at goal but far too easily muscled out of possession. The best chance for us came near the end but Joel needed to get the ball across goal - for once we had other players up in support.
James Wren needs to work on his goal kicks - a basic, repeatable skill but several times he hit the ball straight into touch; such a waste.
At least the crowd nudged over 200 but this is still poor for a town of Redditch's size.

Gidsi
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 am

Leethall wrote:

I think over the past few weeks we have looked more of a team and with abit of tweaking can do well. Hickman back is massive for us. Hands has shored up midfield we are just short of a big man. I think we need to play hendrie or Deards wide left because McDonald is a centre midfielder, fair play he's having to do a job there but we are really missing quality in the middle in terms of distribution. He has that quality and might make us play alittle more. Him and handsy would be a good partnership. I was chatting to a barwell fan and they were so complementary about him!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 am

Leethall wrote:

Yes i think playing a 3-5-2 system would help the way we play. And The chairman has been talking about getting a big striker up top, but who is available at the moment? personally I would like to see Big Jim back.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 am

Barwell's match report is here: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/barwell/s/match-report-23970.html?official=1&fixture_id=541001

Whoever wrote it must have been on the Beer with this last part Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Notable performances came from Tom Weale who played with enthusiasm and desire which led to his goal and from Liam Castle at th back whose unassuming display had him showing the best of his positioning skills. Both sets of defences were excellent but it was Guy Hadland and Mark Albrighton in particular who completed a shutout against a dangerous Redditch front line.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:15 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Yes i think playing a 3-5-2 system would help the way we play. And The chairman has been talking about getting a big striker up top, but who is available at the moment? personally I would like to see Big Jim back.

Quite easily anybody who is not on contract can be signed with 7 days if they fancy it. Strikers are difficult to attract but there are quite a few out there. Jimmy Deabill scored for North Leigh yesterday but he is an option. Well the Chairman should not be picking who he wants to sign, the Mgr should go out and sign a striker he wants but unfortunately I am not sure players want to come and play here. Jerome Murdoch from Coalville would have been a top signing. Luke Corbett who is playing for Halesowen would be an option, Tommy Berwick has a fair few goals for Leamo this season. What about the local FL teams? Alvechurch have the Birmingham City Development Mgr as boss now and they have a superb young hungry talented team playing there. To be fair I can't believe we have not tried to make ties like this with a league club.

I watched Black Horse again today and Brendan Hicks is worth a punt on at this level. Left footed striker who is quick and direct and think he has the ability to score goals even at the level we play at.

We need a permanent keeper as well as Wren is on loan and is not providing much confidence to the team with the mistakes he makes and his kicking was awful yesterday.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:42 am

Leethall Interesting you should suggest Hicks from black horse because I am like you think he would do a good job for Redditch first team. On a positive note Reserves manager has already spotted this and is actively trying to get him signed for the reserves before there Tuesday night game away to banbury

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:43 am

kingfisher wrote:Leethall Interesting you should suggest Hicks from black horse because I am like you think he would do a good job for Redditch first team. On a positive note Reserves manager has already spotted this and is actively trying to get him signed for the reserves before there Tuesday night game away to banbury

Indeed I heard that this was on the cards. I know from a well respected footballing man yesterday that a few clubs are looking at him and think he can play at this standard or just below.

Definately worth a punt and there are a few other players who are worth a look at.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 am

Leethall wrote:
kingfisher wrote:Leethall Interesting you should suggest Hicks from black horse because I am like you think he would do a good job for Redditch first team. On a positive note Reserves manager has already spotted this and is actively trying to get him signed for the reserves before there Tuesday night game away to banbury

Indeed I heard that this was on the cards. I know from a well respected footballing man yesterday that a few clubs are looking at him and think he can play at this standard or just below.

Definately worth a punt and there are a few other players who are worth a look at.

Breaking news Brendan hicks has completed signing for redditch utd and will be making his debut tonight for the reserves away to Banbury fc

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 am

reddicare wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Breaking news Brendan hicks has completed signing for redditch utd and will be making his debut tonight for the reserves away to Banbury fc

Also i can confirm that the scouts are looking to sign another striker to come through the reserves he has a great record this season so far with 20 goals cup and league. More will follow Very Happy

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 am

reddicare wrote:
reddicare wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Also i can confirm that the scouts are looking to sign another striker to come through the reserves he has a great record this season so far with 20 goals cup and league. More will follow Very Happy

Top news, hope he does well for the club and good to see that we are looking at local talent.

All the best for this evenings game and would like to see some match reports added to the Official Website and what the teams is. The good club websites out there show details of all teams, fixtures, results, news and who the players are. Would be a step forward if we could achieve this for all sides at Redditch and keep this upto date.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Leethall wrote:
reddicare wrote:
reddicare wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Top news, hope he does well for the club and good to see that we are looking at local talent.
All the best for this evenings game and would like to see some match reports added to the Official Website and what the teams is. The good club websites out there show details of all teams, fixtures, results, news and who the players are. Would be a step forward if we could achieve this for all sides at Redditch and keep this upto date.

Redditch utd reserves played really tonight and came away with a 3-0 win 3rd goal was from our debut lad Brendan Hicks from a long throw from little Dan Hayes turned and lobbed the keeper job done !!!
Massive well done to all the Justin and all the players cheers

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:00 am

reddicare wrote:
Leethall wrote:
reddicare wrote:
reddicare wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Redditch utd reserves played really tonight and came away with a 3-0 win 3rd goal was from our debut lad Brendan Hicks from a long throw from little Dan Hayes turned and lobbed the keeper job done !!!
Massive well done to all the Justin and all the players cheers

Redditch utd reserves are proud to announce that we have completed the signing of midland combination top goal scorer Jamie Gifford his record is 20 goals in 15, he will be in the team for Saturdays game at the valley Very Happy

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 am

Jamie Gifford.. good player! Charge
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 am

rawlings09 wrote:Jamie Gifford.. good player! Charge

yes he is i think that Jamie and bren hicks are good signings for reserves and first team as they are proven goal scorers Very Happy

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  reddicare Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 am

reddicare wrote:

yes he is i think that Jamie and bren hicks are good signings for reserves and first team as they are proven goal scorers Very Happy

game is off today at redditch waterlogged pitch Head against wall

reddicare
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:40 am

reddicare wrote:
reddicare wrote:
the is i think that Jamie and bren hicks are good signings for reserves and first team as they are proven goal scorers Very Happy

proves my point from other thread, no games called off last season due to waterlogged pitch! missed a good chance to get 1st team fans down,which would have been good for the young lads and the club! its about keeping the right staff with passion for the club, i'd start by gettin that bloke back from last season, geoff i think. he did a grand job on the pitch and never lost us a fixture due to a bit of rain,from what i could see he had the right attitude/passion and had the club in the papers every week with good news stories.a step back imo.
underground
underground
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 am

underground wrote:
reddicare wrote:
reddicare wrote:
the is i think that Jamie and bren hicks are good signings for reserves and first team as they are proven goal scorers Very Happy

proves my point from other thread, no games called off last season due to waterlogged pitch! missed a good chance to get 1st team fans down,which would have been good for the young lads and the club! its about keeping the right staff with passion for the club, i'd start by gettin that bloke back from last season, geoff i think. he did a grand job on the pitch and never lost us a fixture due to a bit of rain,from what i could see he had the right attitude/passion and had the club in the papers every week with good news stories.a step back imo.

Anyone would think you are Jeff Wink

To be honest we've had a lot of rain previous to today, and in the night and during the morning, I think the pitch is playing a bit smoother this season, and it's striped out and it's got a good bloke working on it! I don't think even Jeff could do anything about the high water Content in the ground Smile even top level games get postponed occasionally due to waterlogged pitches and they're the places with the top end machinery and 5 or 6 groundsmen so it's no big deal, and with all due respect it's not a first team league game so no need to sweat Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Not a shadow on Brendan Hicks. Be interesting if he can hack not being the top man Gifford. No doubt he knows where the net is but he likes to play at a level below him so hopefully he can shrug that off and show us that he can score goals at a higher level. I hope for one he does as well as Hicks as they are both talented local players.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 am

Leethall wrote:

Not a shadow on Brendan Hicks. Be interesting if he can hack not being the top man Gifford. No doubt he knows where the net is but he likes to play at a level below him so hopefully he can shrug that off and show us that he can score goals at a higher level. I hope for one he does as well as Hicks as they are both talented local players.

Will be interesting. There is no doubt that Gifford has ability but having played with him a few years back, he did have a tendency to drop his head if he wasnt getting the service or things weren't going his Lets hope there is a maturity within him.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down