Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REDS 2 BARWELL 0

+14
adiy price
Terrace Guy
RockDJ
chrisdon
Mrs Moor
ted striker
Redditchbluenose86
lewism5964
mattim
littleworthred
nevergreen
Bob Marley
porrohman
ROWLY1971
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

REDS 2 BARWELL 0 Empty REDS 2 BARWELL 0

Post  ROWLY1971 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:50 pm

What a fantastic result!
Well done all involved!
Unfortunately I couldnt make it due to going away tomorrow and looking after kids tonight. Didnt watch England either.
Im sure others though who did attend will be on here with their reports and views.... look forward to them!

Oh yeah
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

REDS 2 BARWELL 0 Empty Re: REDS 2 BARWELL 0

Post  porrohman Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Phew! That was a bit good. We looked awfully one up front again for most of the first half, balls up to Jimmy when there was no one within 20 yards of him. I can see what we are trying to do 4-5-1 when defending..but when we win it and go long too early there's no one near Jimmy who won more than his fair share of headers in the first 45. Joe Halsall was left wing and was pretty much anonymous first half. Barwell looked a decent outfit playing some good passing football without really threatening. Their number 7 Jamie Towers looked good but our Ross Oulton played well against him it was an even Oulton Towers battle ( see what I did there)
Second half and a substitution that changed the game. Oulton removed from centre mid, Halsall in there from left wing and our new loanee from Walsall Jake Jones left mid. Trav pushed up with Jimmy and with Connor Deards flying on the right Jake on the left we were creating chances. Halsall just breaks it all up and sets us going.Jimmy got the first after a cock up by Jai Stanley ( see...I always said he was crap didn't I Steve!) the second followed shortly after with a Jimmy tap in. Barwell huffed and puffed and with no real alarms we saw the game out.
Verdict: Second half showed what we can do...when we go two up front. Jimmy was immense and I'll say this now...Connor Deards has a very bright future in the game. Remember the name.He was immense tonight. We must get a decent right midfielder in to take his place at the end of the month. He was brilliant tonight. Well done all. Chuffed.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Top result, that.

As always, Mr Porrohman, I appreciate your balanced and honest view of the game.

I can understand Mr Hyde's gameplan...keep it tight for the 1st hour and then get more adventurous in the last 3rd of the game.
We don't have the players/coherency to go hunting the game from the off....I think we can all appreciate that at this time in our development.

As we saw England v Spain...there is more than 1 way to win a game of football and without the resources of other sides in this league, we have to accept that our way will not be as attractive or inspiring as we would like...but a home win v Barwell is tops all the way round.

Well done Graham and the lads.

NB - Jai Stanley, eh?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:48 pm

a very pleasing result. defence looked solid all game and despite a couple of scares the further the game went on we looked the only team likely to score/win and so it proved.

When we keep the ball moving on the floor we look very useful,and jimmy is a great target man when players assist/get round him. a great team performance a few stand outs but for me everyone worked their socks off,great result
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:33 am

nevergreen wrote:a very pleasing result. defence looked solid all game and despite a couple of scares the further the game went on we looked the only team likely to score/win and so it proved.

When we keep the ball moving on the floor we look very useful,and jimmy is a great target man when players assist/get round him. a great team performance a few stand outs but for me everyone worked their socks off,great result
+1, Great result and great performance. last night they all stood up to be counted, well done to the whole team. Cup
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:39 am

Great result but where have all the fans gone ? Attendance 155 is very disappointing especially as the last few home games have been decent results.

We get 271 against Cambridge and win 2-0, this drops to 204 against Totton when we get a very creditable draw against the then top of the table team and this in turn drops to 155. I don't understand, what can we do to get more ? I've always believed we had a 'core' of about 200 to 250 but the last two games we have'nt even got many of them.

Having said that there were a lot of poor crowds last night Banbury got 106, Cambridge 256 for a promotion '6 pointer' against Brackley and Weymouth got 368, a club whose average last season was 555.

If it continues like this I hope the other 'revenue streams' are bringing in some money !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:41 am

England were playing.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 am

mid week, England playing, freezing cold are all factors. Barwell poorly supported, they only got 142 on Saturday at home to Frome! your right though 155 is not enough, 250 is the magic number. The players really respond to the fans cheering them on, we all need to again try and persuade at least one friend/family member to come down and have a look. This will be a huge boost.
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:43 am

Add to that list: people working, Christmas round the corner so money is tight, advertising fairly minimal.

The cold was the main contributor last night. If the tv's were working properly then we could have advertised the england game would be shown.

I agree that everyone needs to try and drag an extra friend down, as hard as it is.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 am

mattim wrote:Weymouth got 368, a club whose average last season was 555.

I'd be interested to know:

• the difference between Weymouth's average home Saturday attendance and their average home midweek attendance;
  • how many away fans visiting Weymouth for Saturday fixtures stay either Friday or Saturday night (or both) and make a weekend of it.

Weymouth is a long way from the nearest motorway, right on a less than accessible part of the coast, so it's a long way to drive just for a game of football. But, being on the coast, it does have other attractions for people prepared to make a weekend of it. Most clubs in our division don't have that privilege - people aren't going to come to Redditch thinking "We can go to the Needle Museum while we're there!" That's something the club will never be able to combat directly.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:27 am

porrohman wrote: Jai Stanley ( see...I always said he was crap didn't I Steve!).

Seems a bit harsh, quality player and one we got a five figure fee for although he must be mid thirties now but never crap porrohman never crap. Embarassed Embarassed

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote: Jai Stanley ( see...I always said he was crap didn't I Steve!).

Seems a bit harsh, quality player and one we got a five figure fee for although he must be mid thirties now but never crap porrohman never crap. Embarassed Embarassed

Classic.. Crying with laughter
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisdon Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am

Great performance ,last night,good to see tom warmer involved with everything and sorting out our own players when they slipped up, alot of fans travelling to Weymouth on friday and saturday, expensive away trip for the many that are overnighting good luck to you all, hope that you have a great time, and the Reds can get something out of the game,Ronno and Dave have a good journey, hope you have a brilliant weekend in Dorset, shame the fixture wasnt in august or september, keep away from those dirty women.

chrisdon
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:23 am

chrisdon wrote:hope that you have a great time, and the Reds can get something out of the game,Ronno and Dave have a good journey, hope you have a brilliant weekend in Dorset, shame the fixture wasnt in august or september, keep away from those dirty women.

Cheers Mate, Hope every thing is ok with you.....glad you got chance to pop down the Reds and watch a winning performance.
I'm sure Spike and Carny will keep us on the straight and narrow Embarassed
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Mrs Moor... When Jai Stanley played for Redditch he was CRAP. FACT. You didn't see him so you don't know.CRAP.FACT.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 pm

porrohman wrote:Mrs Moor... When Jai Stanley played for Redditch he was CRAP. FACT. You didn't see him so you don't know.CRAP.FACT.

I did see him porrohman and if you remember he did his pre-season with us before joining you. He was never crap my friend and has always been well liked both on and off the pitch everywhere he has played. You can't find a nicer chap and a great player for many local clubs over the years.

Mind you, you are the club who showed an 8 million pound player the door after only a handful of games around that time or perhaps a little earlier, Head against wall Head against wall

One of the funniest non league stories ever Crying with laughter

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:27 pm

No! The funniest was last season when you lot creamed your pants all over the Conf North forum when you thought you were going to get to the play offs and you came to ours and you couldn't beat us ...we stopped any ideas you had of going up. Did you ever put those seats in you thought you'd need for the play offs ...LOL!!!
Add to that the fact you would have been on telly and got a nice little earner if you'd have beaten Halifax in this years FA Cup and you cocked that up too!!!! Cuckoo! Crying with laughter Crying with laughter
FORE!!
Re Jai Stanley...since when did being nice make you a good player? I can't comment when he played for you. Unlike you I don't comment on things I know nothing about. I didn't see him play for you so I don't comment. You didn't see him play for us yet you tell us he wasn't crap. How the hell does that work?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Marvellous result and great to see the goals fly in whilst standing in the chevron zone (i hope the no standing ban here will now be lifted). Like a different team in the second half and you could see the confidence after our first went in. Also as an aside, what a legendary ref. Not afraid to tell players what he thought and loved the facial gestures to the fans if there was any disagreement with his decisions.
Bring on Weymouth:-)
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote:Mrs Moor... When Jai Stanley played for Redditch he was CRAP. FACT. You didn't see him so you don't know.CRAP.FACT.

I did see him porrohman and if you remember he did his pre-season with us before joining you. He was never crap my friend and has always been well liked both on and off the pitch everywhere he has played. You can't find a nicer chap and a great player for many local clubs over the years.

Mind you, you are the club who showed an 8 million pound player the door after only a handful of games around that time or perhaps a little earlier, Head against wall Head against wall

Are you talking about Scott Dann...when he was on loan at the Reds for match fitness?

Bell end.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 pm

porrohman wrote:No! The funniest was last season when you lot creamed your pants all over the Conf North forum when you thought you were going to get to the play offs and you came to ours and you couldn't beat us ...we stopped any ideas you had of going up. Did you ever put those seats in you thought you'd need for the play offs ...LOL!!!
Add to that the fact you would have been on telly and got a nice little earner if you'd have beaten Halifax in this years FA Cup and you cocked that up too!!!! Cuckoo! Crying with laughter Crying with laughter
FORE!!
Re Jai Stanley...since when did being nice make you a good player? I can't comment when he played for you. Unlike you I don't comment on things I know nothing about. I didn't see him play for you so I don't comment. You didn't see him play for us yet you tell us he wasn't crap. How the hell does that work?

We played quite well the night we could not beat you, thought we might snatch it at the end. That was a season for records though, we had one for an unbeaten run and you had one for the lowest points ever recorded Head against wall . The seats are in place and ready for this season play off's my friend, despite losing the first seven i think we are in with a shot. For the record they are not placed on a bit of scaffold they are in the stand behind the goal the one with refreshments and toilets.

We did not cock anything up against Halifax it was a fairly even game sadly we only had one forward available due to injuries etc although we got a draw tonight at their place which was good news i am sure you will agree.

Try reading my reply it clearly states i did see him play for you, therfore i can comment, your chap in the USA has loads to say and he has probably never seen most of your current side play so you could give me a break.

You have some easy fixtures coming up, on paper anyway so lets hope you can make the play offs this year and get back to the Blue Square, good result for you on Tuesday i hope they keep coming.

Sorry but Paul Merson telling his after dinner Redditch United story is far funnier than the draw last season, Crying with laughter

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:59 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:

Are you talking about Scott Dann...when he was on loan at the Reds for match fitness?

Bell end.

I'm a Bell end, take a look at your avitar Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm

yawn
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  tmorton90 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote:No! The funniest was last season when you lot creamed your pants all over the Conf North forum when you thought you were going to get to the play offs and you came to ours and you couldn't beat us ...we stopped any ideas you had of going up. Did you ever put those seats in you thought you'd need for the play offs ...LOL!!!
FORE!!

We played quite well the night we could not beat you, thought we might snatch it at the end. That was a season for records though, we had one for an unbeaten run and you had one for the lowest points ever recorded Head against wall . The seats are in place and ready for this season play off's my friend, despite losing the first seven i think we are in with a shot. For the record they are not placed on a bit of scaffold they are in the stand behind the goal the one with refreshments and toilets.

We did not cock anything up against Halifax it was a fairly even game sadly we only had one forward available due to injuries etc although we got a draw tonight at their place which was good news i am sure you will agree.

Try reading my reply it clearly states i did see him play for you, therfore i can comment, your chap in the USA has loads to say and he has probably never seen most of your current side play so you could give me a break.

You have some easy fixtures coming up, on paper anyway so lets hope you can make the play offs this year and get back to the Blue Square, good result for you on Tuesday i hope they keep coming.

Sorry but Paul Merson telling his after dinner Redditch United story is far funnier than the draw last season, Crying with laughter

IIRC, Lancaster ended a season 4 or 5 years ago with 1 point - 9 times worse than our effort last year.

tmorton90
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Mrs Moor....Tell us about the Merson tale. I'd be interested to know what a gambling,drug, and alcohol addict says of our club. Oh hang on....don't bother.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:27 am

Terrace Guy wrote:Marvellous result and great to see the goals fly in whilst standing in the chevron zone (i hope the no standing ban here will now be lifted). Like a different team in the second half and you could see the confidence after our first went in. Also as an aside, what a legendary ref. Not afraid to tell players what he thought and loved the facial gestures to the fans if there was any disagreement with his decisions.
Bring on Weymouth:-)
The only time fans are asked to leave that area is if people are sat in the front rows of the green stand, I agree its a great vantage point that's as close to the action as you can get at the Valley.
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next