Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location location location

+12
redditch born
in2thevalley
Redditchbluenose86
underground
rawlings09
ted striker
Dippa3
Bob Marley
Mrs Moor
Leethall
del boy
ROWLY1971
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Location location location Empty Location location location

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:54 am

I was fortunate enough to watch a good game of football at the valley this week and I didn't have to pay a tenner!
Walkwood beating St Bedes in the schools final was a good game Monday evening, well done Walkwood for winning.

While I was there I was surprised how easy and open talk was of the new location for RUFC.
I was told it's down to 2 new sites now, 1 being the old Holloway Park sites and the other was the land behind the Golden Goose pub by the BMX track.
Apparently the council giving Swan the Valley land and an FA grant to help towards developing the new sites.
I must add at this point I was openly told this, I did not investigate.

Either sites, rumour or legitimate proposal comes with the burning question for me of improved gates.
How are either location going to help raise gates by taking the stadium out of the centre and situated with very limited public transport routes, and thus only buses not trains.

I know I've not been here for a while and some if not most will be glad of that fact, and I'm not returning to stir any pot, just opening a discussion about our towns football club.

For what it's worth- I would prefer Redditch staying where they are and seeing money spent to develop and improve the location they hold there and have done so for the last X amount of years.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Location location location Empty Re: Location location location

Post  del boy Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:09 am

I’ve also heard rumours of a move. Maybe there is some truth in it? Mr. Swan did hint at a new ground when he first took over.

Where is the Holloway Park site?

Behind the Golden Goose is a fantastic location in my opinion. It’s off a busy main road with plenty of space for sufficient parking. It’s easily reached by road from anywhere in town. I think it’s a fair guess to say most people would travel by car. If you can’t cater for everyone, then cater for the majority.

Yes, it would be better to have a bus stop next door. But the major bus route through Redditch is only a 7-8 minute walk away.

It’s also within walking distance of hundreds of homes. And should people so wish, there is a cycle lane right next to this land which connects the site to thousands of residents.

Most new grounds built these days are in truly awful locations. They get stuck at the far end of industrial estates or out of town locations. They have no life around them and the only way to reach them is by car. If true, we are fortunate to be offered such a good location by Redditch Borough Council.

In theory, you’re right. A town centre location should be good for attendances. But the undeniable truth is that despite decades of having such a location, our attendances have always been p*ss poor. There is no logic in arguing that maintaining our town centre location is good for attendances when we have years of evidence that demonstrates this simply isn’t true.

In any case, I doubt location is anywhere near the top of the list of reasons why this move may be true. The clubs needs adjacent pitch facilities for training and hire. This seems highly unlikely to be allowed at The Valley.

A new ground will generate interest and publicity. Early crowds should show a significant improvement. There on after, what happens on the pitch will dictate how many new fans will continue to attend.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:I was fortunate enough to watch a good game of football at the valley this week and I didn't have to pay a tenner!
Walkwood beating St Bedes in the schools final was a good game Monday evening, well done Walkwood for winning.

While I was there I was surprised how easy and open talk was of the new location for RUFC.
I was told it's down to 2 new sites now, 1 being the old Holloway Park sites and the other was the land behind the Golden Goose pub by the BMX track.
Apparently the council giving Swan the Valley land and an FA grant to help towards developing the new sites.
I must add at this point I was openly told this, I did not investigate.

Either sites, rumour or legitimate proposal comes with the burning question for me of improved gates.
How are either location going to help raise gates by taking the stadium out of the centre and situated with very limited public transport routes, and thus only buses not trains.

I know I've not been here for a while and some if not most will be glad of that fact, and I'm not returning to stir any pot, just opening a discussion about our towns football club.

For what it's worth- I would prefer Redditch staying where they are and seeing money spent to develop and improve the location they hold there and have done so for the last X amount of years.

If this happens Redditch United FC will be in serious trouble IMO. You are spot on Rowley and seems like the main objective is the club to move which will kill it.

Dell is spot on in that new grounds are out of town retreats, look at Evesham's ground on the outskirts of town where you have to drive to.

So if Mr Swan gets the land what is he going to be doing with that? Do the council not own the land at those 2 sites? Why would the council give him the land at both places? Holloway park is opposite the Halfords Head Office by Washford Mill Dellboy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 am

Interesting news, Kev.

I don't think a move will kill the club have you ever been to Leamington Head against wall

Bob keeps asking us why Harts bought the club, well certainly not to invest in the team, maybe this explains a few things.

Over to you Bob, the font of all knowledge clown

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Leethall wrote:
If this happens Redditch United FC will be in serious trouble IMO. You are spot on Rowley and seems like the main objective is the club to move which will kill it.

I think you are being a bit dramatic!

To not move is killing our club. No football club can survive on gate receipts alone. At the moment, our only real income is on match days which may be 23-24 days a year out of 365!!! I think the function room is quite popular for hire, but even then, we are looking at the club generating income on average only 1-2 days per week.

Having training pitches that are available for hire, potentially everyday of the week, plus clubhouse use, and the clubs income significantly improves.

I’m guessing a bit now…..well guessing/common sense, but I reckon this is how it may be. Redditch United have a long lease at The Valley Stadium. They will give up this lease in return for free land in Matchborough or Washford, land that may only be suitable for recreational or sporting development, but not housing. The Council will then sell the land at The Valley Stadium to a developer for a handsome profit, and Redditch United get free land for a new, modern facility. Everyone’s a winner.

I understand why there may be a certain degree of cynicism towards the Swans. It doesn’t help that they are into property!! But I put this cynicism down to the large number of clubs that have been screwed over in the past, rather than anything personal towards them. I genuinely believe that they’re in this for the right reasons and we have nothing to worry about. Until they give us a reason to think otherwise, there is no need for distrust. I’ve said it before, although times are hard on the field, we need to show a bit more patience in order to see the club develop.

And Mrs Moor, FFS give it a rest. You’ve had a reasonable explanation as to why ‘Redditch United in the Community’ exists. Your repeated concerns have I’m sure been noted by all of the regulars on here. So until you have some concrete evidence of our club being misused, please stop stirring. It’s getting boring now.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:52 pm

I've always been under the impression that the fields backing onto the Reds clubhouse were left by the Terry's estate and only for recreational purposes. If this is the case then why can't they indeed be used for these 3G pitches that are talked about so importantly?

I can't see the council giving Swan the ground to develop on while they sell the valley for houses, and for Swan to cough up the money needed to plant a new stadium on the new plot. He has to be given a lot more incentive than that I feel.

Can't see the Holloway Park land being the location to be honest as it's right near a road traffic island, unlevel land, has a man made brook running through it and is limited size wise. The land by the BMX park has a lot more going for it to be the desired plot.

Anybody heard of this FA grant that's been mentioned to help out?
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:14 pm

del boy wrote:
Leethall wrote:

I think you are being a bit dramatic!

To not move is killing our club. No football club can survive on gate receipts alone. At the moment, our only real income is on match days which may be 23-24 days a year out of 365!!! I think the function room is quite popular for hire, but even then, we are looking at the club generating income on average only 1-2 days per week.

Having training pitches that are available for hire, potentially everyday of the week, plus clubhouse use, and the clubs income significantly improves.

I’m guessing a bit now…..well guessing/common sense, but I reckon this is how it may be. Redditch United have a long lease at The Valley Stadium. They will give up this lease in return for free land in Matchborough or Washford, land that may only be suitable for recreational or sporting development, but not housing. The Council will then sell the land at The Valley Stadium to a developer for a handsome profit, and Redditch United get free land for a new, modern facility. Everyone’s a winner.

I understand why there may be a certain degree of cynicism towards the Swans. It doesn’t help that they are into property!! But I put this cynicism down to the large number of clubs that have been screwed over in the past, rather than anything personal towards them. I genuinely believe that they’re in this for the right reasons and we have nothing to worry about. Until they give us a reason to think otherwise, there is no need for distrust. I’ve said it before, although times are hard on the field, we need to show a bit more patience in order to see the club develop.

And Mrs Moor, FFS give it a rest. You’ve had a reasonable explanation as to why ‘Redditch United in the Community’ exists. Your repeated concerns have I’m sure been noted by all of the regulars on here. So until you have some concrete evidence of our club being misused, please stop stirring. It’s getting boring now.

Dell, my point is that a lot of away fans from bigger clubs use the train & bus stations to arrive and wander to the ground. My view is that the club moving outside of town means less people attending from a convienience perspective. Can you imagine us being at a ground at Washford/Matchborough where you have Studley & Redditch playing? Probably be the same week and choice to make (Now Rowly and his hoofball football has passed Very Happy ). Redditch move there and have a a 3G pitch right next to Studley's facilty, absolutely brilliant planning that Head against wall Anyway move to Matchborough and a 3G facility would mean Arrow Vale and Studley within a few miles radius, rejected. Move to Washford and a 3G facility means rejected as it is a few hundred yards from Studley

I am not having a pop at the Swans here one bit, my point is that it has gone very quiet at the club and random people are now hearing about apparent discussions that the Valley is going to be sold for housing and we will be moving. Maybe the club can clarify the situation?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm

The plans for the new ground development at Washford Mill were drawn up by the council more than 5 years ago. I personally passed them to Mr Swan at our 1st TRUST meeting.

Nothing was ever going to happen whilst the club was in debt to the council. Plan B was told this directly by Carole Gandy when we met the council 3 years ago.

The plans are exciting...2 all weather pitches and an indoor facility to be used for various community projects alongside the football club.

The club can only exist with extra income...the Valley is finished.....let's face it.
People will always consider it a dump doesn't matter what happens....time to look towards the Stratford model.

Oh and Mrs M is still a cock.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm

del boy wrote:And Mrs Moor, FFS give it a rest. You’ve had a reasonable explanation as to why ‘Redditch United in the Community’ exists.

Have i del boy perhaps you could point me in the right direction because i must have missed it.

The club was split into two parts because .................

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Bob Marley wrote:time to look towards the Stratford model.

Oh how little you know, over to you Leethall. Head against wall

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Perfectly on cue...

Bell end.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:48 pm

Leethall wrote:

Dell, my point is that a lot of away fans from bigger clubs use the train & bus stations to arrive and wander to the ground. My view is that the club moving outside of town means less people attending from a convienience perspective. Can you imagine us being at a ground at Washford/Matchborough where you have Studley & Redditch playing? Probably be the same week and choice to make (Now Rowly and his hoofball football has passed Very Happy ). Redditch move there and have a a 3G pitch right next to Studley's facilty, absolutely brilliant planning that Head against wall Anyway move to Matchborough and a 3G facility would mean Arrow Vale and Studley within a few miles radius, rejected. Move to Washford and a 3G facility means rejected as it is a few hundred yards from Studley

The club would not be "moving outside of town"!!!! It would be moving to a different part of town. A part of town that is ironically a lot more central than our actual town centre!

You are placing way too much focus and energy on access for away fans!! At our level, away fans contribution to the clubs finances is negligible. The club needs to focus on accessibility to the people of Redditch. Ease of access to a negligible number of away fans should be an afterthought, not a priority.

As for competing facilities in Redditch, the Council are more than aware of that. I doubt that they have any alternative facilities that make a profit. More than likely, they are relishing the opportunity in creating a sporting facility that will be a success, that they don’t have a financial responsibility for.

Redditch has no modern artificial football surfaces. We only have the old fashioned ‘Astroturf’s’ that expose your knee caps when you fall over.

As for Studley FC, its completely irrelevant what they think. It may be a ‘stones throw away’, but it’s a different district and a different County. Their potential objections will hold no substance.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:53 pm

The club will make a lot more hiring the 3G pitches and function rooms that it will from match day attendances so its a sensible move if it happens to secure stability, and can only benefit the club in the future, making more money means u could invest more into playing squads etc, I think it's a great idea,

Dippa3
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:07 pm

And another good reason would be a nice new pitch, flat, drainage, modern, instead of a cold gloomy run down ground, I know what I'd prefer, and buses run every 5 mins to that site so would be easy for fans to get there

Dippa3

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
del boy wrote:And Mrs Moor, FFS give it a rest. You’ve had a reasonable explanation as to why ‘Redditch United in the Community’ exists.

Have i del boy perhaps you could point me in the right direction because i must have missed it.

The club was split into two parts because .................

Mrs Moor, why don't you quit pretending that you're interested in debating the issues, and just be honest with everyone that you're nothing but a wind-up merchant with a chip on your shoulder?

Last Saturday afternoon, I was reporting at Solihull's game against Bradford Park Avenue. A couple of days beforehand, when I found out I was going to be attending the game, I sent Mrs Moor a private message inviting him/her to meet with me before the game to talk about RUFC face-to-face, as adults with a shared interest in the club and non-league football in general, and not as faceless people behind keyboards where the temptation to allow the discussion to deteriorate into insults is all too great.

I received no response to that message, nor did Mrs Moor approach me or make him/herself known to me at the game. I sent a follow-up message, asking where he/she had been and why I'd not received any response. I've not received a response to that message either.

Now, I know from this thread that Mrs Moor reads private messages on this forum. I also know from the memberlist that Mrs Moor was logged in between my sending the original message and the game itself, so should have been aware of my invitation. And clearly he/she has been logged on since the game.

So, Mrs Moor, I now ask publicly the question I asked you privately: why did you not respond to my messages in any way? And how do you defend yourself against the accusation that you are, indeed, just a wind-up merchant with a chip on your shoulder whose opinions, and some might say existence, are utterly devoid of worth?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 pm

delboy, I couldn't have said it better myself. The argument that a town centre ground is good for attendances just doesn't hold water - unlike the ground itself, which seems to be holding a hell of a lot of the stuff at the moment.

And we can't afford to prioritise the travel arrangements of fans of big clubs like Telford, Nuneaton etc when we are more likely to be playing the likes of Daventry Town and Bishops Cleeve - that's putting the cart before the horse.

We need additional income, and it's clear that will not come while the club provides shoddy entertainment at a rundown stadium, regardless of how easy it is to get there on public transport. Making the move to Washford/Matchborough might alienate some fans, but not many, I'll guarantee - and certainly not as many as continuing to serve up crap football at inflated prices.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

People will watch a successful team wherever they play, although building a new stadium could only be a good thing, people prefer to watch football in a nice tidy ground and I'm sure it would be better for the players as a physiological boost.

Side note: mrs moor tends to pipe down when people ask to meet him... Haha!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 am

Maybe mrs moor knows more than he/she can let on and maybe is in a position where he/she has to remain hidden, because its 100% fact swan is keeping many things hidden from you all and running you all like fools.bob they are not the plans you gave him so give it up,he dont even like you.moving will be bad for the club if the club is not dead already, i said before "building land" and i was right.can you all remember what the kiddy lot were saying? Is it coincidence that all the staff left and those that are there are all peed off?reading on here i just hope some of you dont look a bit stupid come next year. RUFC R.I.P RIP
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 am

del boy wrote:
Leethall wrote:

The club would not be "moving outside of town"!!!! It would be moving to a different part of town. A part of town that is ironically a lot more central than our actual town centre!

You are placing way too much focus and energy on access for away fans!! At our level, away fans contribution to the clubs finances is negligible. The club needs to focus on accessibility to the people of Redditch. Ease of access to a negligible number of away fans should be an afterthought, not a priority.

As for competing facilities in Redditch, the Council are more than aware of that. I doubt that they have any alternative facilities that make a profit. More than likely, they are relishing the opportunity in creating a sporting facility that will be a success, that they don’t have a financial responsibility for.

Redditch has no modern artificial football surfaces. We only have the old fashioned ‘Astroturf’s’ that expose your knee caps when you fall over.

As for Studley FC, its completely irrelevant what they think. It may be a ‘stones throw away’, but it’s a different district and a different County. Their potential objections will hold no substance.

Dell, my use of the Rejected term was incorrect by me and what I meant is the likelihood of having 3 AstroTurf facilities in such a small vicinity may be an issue. Not sure how it would be but for instance the Matchborough site with floodlights will cause resentment with the residents and would be fought tooth and nail, it is always the case.

I think it is about time we heard some truth from the club as it seems like a lot of people have heard things that hae elements of truth.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:03 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:time to look towards the Stratford model.

Oh how little you know, over to you Leethall. Head against wall

Mrs Moor, can you stick to this part of the forum https://redditchunited.forumotion.com/f3-the-bore-off-bin

After you have responded to Ted Striker first Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:27 am

New stadium in a new location gets my vote.

Reasons:
- Space for facilities such as 3G, indoor gymnasium etc. (revenue streams)
- Fresh interest and chance to tap into the 'new town' community. (improve fanbase)
- New pitch/better football (fanbase retention)
- Clubhouse can be used as a local to nearby residents. Darts/pool team = 2 nights bar takings for example.
- A professional looking setup will help attract better players.

I've been saying this for a while, and believe this is the only way to spark life back into the club.

The valley has no room for improvement (physically), unless you want to place a 3G pitch elsewhere in the town.

As long as the ground is complete before the valley is handed over then I can't see a problem.

As Delboy said, the current location has no evidence to suggest that a move will effect attendances - they're already p*ss poor and getting worse!

Whilst the valley may hold some fond memories, the bad vibes certainly tilt the scales and it's time to move onwards and upwards.

The sooner the better IMO.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:42 am

Having read the previous comments with interest, I can see both sides to the opinion as to whether it would be in the best interests of the club to move or by moving would it be the death knell of the club?

While there have been many improvements within the club, the fact of the matter is the revenue or lack of it being generated. The function room in itself discriminates against those who have mobility issues, with it on a second level. Surely a function on the ground level allowing easy access to and from the function room towards the pitch like certain other clubs in the area is the way forward. And the introduction of 3G pitches will increase revenue from hiring it out, thus making it a "community club"

And, who knows if all this happens, perhaps MM could make themselves known by officially openening the new ground. just a thought.

in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:58 am

underground wrote:Maybe mrs moor knows more than he/she can let on and maybe is in a position where he/she has to remain hidden, because its 100% fact swan is keeping many things hidden from you all and running you all like fools.bob they are not the plans you gave him so give it up,he dont even like you.moving will be bad for the club if the club is not dead already, i said before "building land" and i was right.can you all remember what the kiddy lot were saying? Is it coincidence that all the staff left and those that are there are all peed off?reading on here i just hope some of you dont look a bit stupid come next year. RUFC R.I.P RIP

I don't care if Mr Swan likes me or not......I don't care if anyone likes me or not.
I don't care if they are the plans or not.

I met the council personally...it was obvious to all in that meeting that RUFC would never get the support of the RBC whilst the club owed thousands of rent & rates.....that is now a thing of the past.

What I care about is RUFC....and Mr Swan has given us 2 more years of RUFC.

I love the Valley....but its time to move on and secure the life of the club.

Oh...MM is a sh*t stirring troll from the midland comb.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:02 am

I am not against a new ground one bit and think it would be better as RBN has stated.

Just out of interest what about Greenlands and South Redditch? That would seem spot on right in a centralish location, plenty of space and has a bus stop or 2 directly outside the ground?!

I think a number of fans see something a little fishy so it would be good to understand where the club stand on this as we all heard the rumours about Kiddy when Mr Swan wanted to take them over and the backlash against it. That though was a separate scenario.

New ground with good facilities would be ideal but the fact of the matter is how would this be delivered financially? Yes grants etc would be able to be sought but the a council own the land and in the current climate who is going to fork out money for the current plot?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:10 am

Look..RBC own the Valley.....not the football club/Mr Swan.

The only entity to benefit by building on the Valley is RBC.

It makes 100% sense to develop an existing plot of land into a community football centre and build on the Valley to finance it.

RBC have zero funds to do that....so Mr Swan is taking the lead to secure funding to make this a reality.

Why the usual knobheads believe Mr Swan is gaining anything from this is beyond me? How exactly?

Stop sh*t stirring and try supporting the club for once.
I never hear/see 1 positive comment about anything.....that's bullshit and everyone knows it.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum