Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game postponed SHOCK!!!

+10
in2thevalley
Redditchbluenose86
RockDJ
underground
Dippa3
Bob Marley
oldtommo
del boy
Leethall
Tommo
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Game postponed SHOCK!!! Empty Game postponed SHOCK!!!

Post  Tommo Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:06 am

What an absolute joke of a day. How this game kicked off is beyond me, with every fan that actually bothered or was stupid enough to turn up knew, this game should have been cancelled friday. But the club and ref decided the game would go ahead so I stupidly turned up.
We asked at the gate in the very likely scenario that the game is abandoned would we see any of our 10£ back. yes we were told if called off before H/T. So stupidly i entered and shock horror game abandoned at H/T.
No feedback from the club whatsoever after game just a few stewards saying no refunds and a sh*t standup comedian for half an hour. Why do i get the impression the club are happy it went ahead only to get abandoned 1 minute after the deadline for refunds. How long can redditch survive milking the same 80 fans that will turn up whatever.(if the crowd was triple figures today im in shock)
So if no some kind of statement is made reimbursing fans in any way redditch can go fluff themselves.

On a positive reds played well in unplayable conditions. Reid is a beast and im a big fan of leavi
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Game postponed SHOCK!!! Empty Re: Game postponed SHOCK!!!

Post  Tommo Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 am

Id like to say I appreciate the fact the players need paying and all that spiel, and if this had been some kind of snow storm or monsoon i would have no complaints. But every tom knob and harry knew this game shouldnt of gone ahead on friday its a joke the clud needs to stop treating its own fans like mugs.
This isnt confirmed but ive been told bashley fans were refunded what a joke. i didnt get refunded wen josh decide to slap the ref
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:45 am

Exactly the same here. As a minimum I would expect half price entrance for the re-arranged game and I am keeping my ticket. The ref started it and should have finished the game, it was hardly any worse than when they kicked off at the start of the second half. It was not dangerous and both teams need to be commended for the play achieved and it was not dangerous at all. Yes the ball stuck in a few places but I thought both sides tried to play football and it was an even game.

If Levante and Real Madrid play at Primera Liga fixture in worse conditions I find it staggering that this was abandoned. I feel for Bashley as they travelled all this way and will need to come back, I also believe as it made it to half time they will pick up the cost.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:17 am

I very much doubt the club had any say in this. If clubs were allowed to postpone or influence the postponement of their own matches, it would be open to abuse.

Maybe the club could have handled it better? I don't know, because I didn't attend; this outcome was quite predictable. It's unfair to be too critical of the club, ultimately these decisions are down to referees.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:42 am

del boy wrote:I very much doubt the club had any say in this. If clubs were allowed to postpone or influence the postponement of their own matches, it would be open to abuse.

Maybe the club could have handled it better? I don't know, because I didn't attend; this outcome was quite predictable. It's unfair to be too critical of the club, ultimately these decisions are down to referees.

Agreed it is not the clubs fault and I am for one are not blaming them. You can't win, you call it off and the weather is fine in the afternoon and the game could have been played and then on the other hand the pitch is perfectly playable as it was at midday as the groundsman said and a torrent of rain comes down for near on 4 hours.

Del = Mystic Meg Very Happy Laughing To be fIr I was happy to see just a half of football as I worked all morning and could not get over to Stratford who I would have watched as I know they would have got a full game in which they did.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:15 pm

I am with tommo on this one. We got there 3 minutes late and conditions were terrible, asked question rerefund and bugger me game abandoned 1 minute after refund due. I feel robbed, have kept ticket with small hope of free entry to re-arranged tie but not too hopeful. Could be last straw for me..
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:21 pm

oldtommo wrote:I am with tommo on this one. We got there 3 minutes late and conditions were terrible, asked question rerefund and bugger me game abandoned 1 minute after refund due. I feel robbed, have kept ticket with small hope of free entry to re-arranged tie but not too hopeful. Could be last straw for me..

Same here. I will not attend the rearranged game unless the club allow me in with my ticket. I have marked this with the date and opponents as it is the least the club could have done what with about 50 people in attendance maximum.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:26 pm

The referee is the only judge....nothing on either club.
Come on guys...you know that.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 pm

We had a pitch inspection at 8.30 and pitch was in great condition, the away team left at 9 so we had no choice but to try play the game, the rain started at 12 and didn't stop just got heavier, the ref did an inspection half hour before kick off and ball still rolled well on pitch, but rain got heavier still, in all honesty we didn't expect the game to start but the ref was happy too, so what can we do about that, nothing?? As for it being abandoned, I see no difference from what they played on first half till second half so think he could of seen it out till the end, or like I said not start it at all. But this has nothing to do with redditch it's all down to the ref,

Dippa3
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:02 pm

There were severe flood warnings in place for the entire region. Yes, I know forecasts are not always accurate. But can the leagues, the FA, the referees not make an informed decision based on this?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 pm

U answered ur own question there pal, they are normally inaccurate and we tend to miss a fair bit of rain, imagine the reaction if games were called off when the pitch is totally playable,

Dippa3

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 am

not the clubs fault is rubbish. they were pushing for the game to go ahead so to milk what little fans are left. they should have pushed to call it off morning inspection. the pitch wasnt fine then at all.
If the club had said to the ref this is dangerous you cant possibly let this go ahead it would have been called off. But instead, push to get it on so them fewer and fewer regular fans pay up to watch sh*t served up on sh*t.

Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:27 am

Tommo wrote:not the clubs fault is rubbish. they were pushing for the game to go ahead so to milk what little fans are left. they should have pushed to call it off morning inspection. the pitch wasnt fine then at all.
If the club had said to the ref this is dangerous you cant possibly let this go ahead it would have been called off. But instead, push to get it on so them fewer and fewer regular fans pay up to watch sh*t served up on sh*t.

. Go back to bed and get up in a better mood you grumpy old git! Things will be better when we are playing on holloway parks pitch, go and have a look at it (you may want to leave it a couple of days till the flood water recedes off it) To say the pitch was perfect in the morning and only heavy rain (which was forecast everywhere) spoiled it, is just a cop out! Just think how good the pitch will be next game after yesterday's tear up. We have a few skilful players in the squad now, they may find it hard to shine on the rapidly developing paddy field!!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:58 am

The pitch was, ask anyone, I mean a few people came down to see if it needed forking and it didn't, when I say perfect I mean perfectly playable, that's why we couldn't call it off and yes we did try and keep it on once the teams had got here because the team travelled 4 hrs u prat and both teams wanted to play, and the ref said if we worked on athe ar end the game would go ahead so that's what we did, and the pitch will recover fine like it did after the previous weeks mud bath too,

Dippa3

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:46 am

[equote="Dippa3"]The pitch was, ask anyone, I mean a few people came down to see if it needed forking and it didn't, when I say perfect I mean perfectly playable, that's why we couldn't call it off and yes we did try and keep it on once the teams had got here because the team travelled 4 hrs u prat and both teams wanted to play, and the ref said if we worked on athe ar end the game would go ahead so that's what we did, and the pitch will recover fine like it did after the previous weeks mud bath too, [/quote]
You may want to wind your neck in coming on here calling one of our fans a prat, the game was pushed for revenue and you know that. You say to local ref (his name please?) We need the game on but we are worried about the rain as we called one off last week with less rain but that was just the crappy reserves and there is no income or fans to rip off,he says well it looks well sh*t over there but regardless of that if it rains for ten minutes your back to square one. You run to the boss like the little loyal boy you seem to be and tell him/her, he/she bangs on about money and how not playing would mean smithers at the bank of rich would not be happy and the game must be played no matter what. The match ref turns up, you imeadiatly tell him about smithers and the game must go on because is we cancle now we have to pay bashley expenses. It starts raining but you know the show must go on,you pester said ref to get game started as now if cancled you have to pay bashley, the refs and all the staff but no fans.once game starts you dont have to pay bashley and by then income has covered staff,half time comes and unlike before the game you agree game should be called off as you now get second bite of the cherry.why not go to three quaters? Dont come on here and spout crap you think we dont know about and dont come on here insulting us either,go back to studley wanker , the club has ripped off the final few loyal fans it has which gives you an insight in to how the swans work,and you think moving to a flood plain is a step forward Head against wall
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:48 am

Your definition of playable is very different to mine. The Chippenham game was about playable for a rugby match. Yesterday's pitch was unplayable for football rugby tug of war. Some areas of the pitch mud wrestling would of been called off
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:51 am

Tommo wrote:Your definition of playable is very different to mine. The Chippenham game was about playable for a rugby match. Yesterday's pitch was unplayable for football rugby tug of war. Some areas of the pitch mud wrestling would of been called off
+1
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippa3 Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:58 am

Tommo i totally agree mate, this is what im saying, but the ref was happy to give it a go, underground- Hahaha brilliant,

Dippa3

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 am

Dippa3 wrote:Tommo i totally agree mate, this is what im saying, but the ref was happy to give it a go, underground- Hahaha brilliant,
that is typical of the clubs attitude im afraid, what i have wrote 100% accurate and you response is laughter. Cant wait to see you laugh when i point you out to the fan you called prat.
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:10 am

underground wrote:
Tommo wrote:Your definition of playable is very different to mine. The Chippenham game was about playable for a rugby match. Yesterday's pitch was unplayable for football rugby tug of war. Some areas of the pitch mud wrestling would of been called off
+1

Fook me fellas it is football and that pitch played well throughout the first half other than a few areas. Football is turning into a pusseys game nowadays where if it is to wet it is unsafe, you can't tackle etc. even fans are turning into big Jessie's.

Get on with it, the ref says it is ok so going and play football. Both sides tried to knock the ball around yesterday and yes a few areas it was getting stuck but it actually meant both sets of players had to being different attributes to the game as mistakes could cost them. To their credit I thought both sets of players did extremely well in challenging conditions.

That is why the ref made a huge mistake in not letting the game continue IMO.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:12 am

[quote="Dippa3"]when I say perfect I mean perfectly playable

So you agree it was unplayable or was it perfect to play on
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 am

Southern league rules state that ONLY the appointed match official can postpone the game. Not me, not the grounds man & certainly not a local referee that we may ask to pop down for his views.

The appointed match official can only call the game off ON the day unless special circumstances dictate and it has been agreed in advance by the Southern league.
The lads worked tirelessly on the pitch during the week and in fairness it was in far better condition before it started to rain than the week before against Chippenham.

I telephoned the officials at 08:45 yesterday morning as Bashley were travelling at 09:15, and with the aid of the local official we explained how the pitch looked and what might happen if it rained at 12, 1, 2 and 3 o’clock. He said that if the pitch was playable at that moment in time we had no choice but to continue until he arrived (14:00).

Quite why the Southern League have one of the longest journeys at this time of year is beyond me we’ve already played teams much closer earlier in the season, when drier, which would seem much more sensible as they would set off far later…..but I suppose that’s another issue.

Back to the point in hand, again, ONLY the appointed official can say the game is ON. The referee did inspect the pitch on numerous occasions rolled, kicked the ball etc……then HE deemed the match ON. He obviously thought (and so did the assessor) that the match was safe for the players & spectators. Ultimately he was proved wrong.

I’m sure the club realise that the fans paid their hard earned cash to come out on a very miserable day and I’m sure the club will not treat fans with contempt and will sort something out. But as the re-arranged fixture date hasn’t been agreed yet it’s a little early to be announcing anything.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 am

I'll be honest, the pitch looked good until the floodlights came on and highlighted the surface water.

Personally I think it was the right decision to abandon as the first half really churned up the pitch, coupled with the consistent rain made it dangerous in some areas of the pitch.

If we'd have played on and someone's career was ended then the shoe would be on the other foot.

Also hats off to those who put the effort in to keep the game on leading up to kick-off!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:38 am

The dictionary definition of a prat is 'someone who is incompetent' so I would like to know in which particular area I am being branded incompetent? As far as I am aware my accuser knows nothing about what I do for a living or whether I am indeed competent at my chosen profession! I am quite prepared to take him with me for a day to enable him to make a better informed judgement of my skills. You will notice I won't get involved in a slanging match but feel I should be allowed to express an opinion on here without being called a prat or otherwise! Oh well I will try not to lose sleep over it.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 am

Ultimately only one person and one person alone can make that decision to allow the game to go ahead or not. The referee will make that decision independently and will not be swayed, as some think by other factors. !!!!!!

His judgement on this game, was unfortunate and he got it wrong , but the welfare and safety too, is paramount, and the game had to be abandoned. These things happen. Its not the first time an official has made the wrong call and it certainly wont be the last.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next