Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game postponed SHOCK!!!

+10
in2thevalley
Redditchbluenose86
RockDJ
underground
Dippa3
Bob Marley
oldtommo
del boy
Leethall
Tommo
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game postponed SHOCK!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Game postponed SHOCK!!!

Post  Dippa3 Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:28 am

Well for a start off it wasn't aimed at u it was the other tommo, and I'm free Tuesday for work, lunch is on u

Dippa3
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 am

in2thevalley wrote:

His judgement on this game, was unfortunate and he got it wrong , but the welfare and safety too, is paramount, and the game had to be abandoned. These things happen. Its not the first time an official has made the wrong call and it certainly wont be the last.

Safety my arse! It was wet, no one was going to get seriously hurt out there! It is more dangerous at the start and end of the season when the ground is rock hard.

Football needs to man the fluff up. No one was going to get seriously hurt just because the pitch was a little wet, no more than any other game when it is played. Yes if the ground was frozen you would not play. Yes the ball was not running in some areas of the pitch but if Real Madrid and Levante can play in worse conditions then Redditch and Bashley could have done so!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 am

underground wrote:[equote="Dippa3"]The pitch was, ask anyone, I mean a few people came down to see if it needed forking and it didn't, when I say perfect I mean perfectly playable, that's why we couldn't call it off and yes we did try and keep it on once the teams had got here because the team travelled 4 hrs u prat and both teams wanted to play, and the ref said if we worked on athe ar end the game would go ahead so that's what we did, and the pitch will recover fine like it did after the previous weeks mud bath too,
You may want to wind your neck in coming on here calling one of our fans a prat, the game was pushed for revenue and you know that. You say to local ref (his name please?) We need the game on but we are worried about the rain as we called one off last week with less rain but that was just the crappy reserves and there is no income or fans to rip off,he says well it looks well sh*t over there but regardless of that if it rains for ten minutes your back to square one. You run to the boss like the little loyal boy you seem to be and tell him/her, he/she bangs on about money and how not playing would mean smithers at the bank of rich would not be happy and the game must be played no matter what. The match ref turns up, you imeadiatly tell him about smithers and the game must go on because is we cancle now we have to pay bashley expenses. It starts raining but you know the show must go on,you pester said ref to get game started as now if cancled you have to pay bashley, the refs and all the staff but no fans.once game starts you dont have to pay bashley and by then income has covered staff,half time comes and unlike before the game you agree game should be called off as you now get second bite of the cherry.why not go to three quaters? Dont come on here and spout crap you think we dont know about and dont come on here insulting us either,go back to studley wanker , the club has ripped off the final few loyal fans it has which gives you an insight in to how the swans work,and you think moving to a flood plain is a step forward Head against wall [/quote]

What a crock of sh*t.
Do you cream your pants underground everytime you see Rowly & MM?

Obviously not down at the Valley.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve.P. Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:30 am

From a Bashley fans point of view I was pleased that the ref started the game, we had a long journey and it would have been more frustrating for the game not to have been given a chance. I thought the pitch looked playable at 2:30 when the ref was inspecting it. I agree with the poster who said the floodlights highlighted some puddles and made it look less playable. I thought both teams played the conditions quite well but would have been disappointed to lose to a mistake brought about by the conditions. (to win that way would not have been too great either! although I would've taken it!!)
By half time I thought the state of the pitch had worsened enough for the ref to correctly abandon the game. As far as I am aware no Bashley fans were refunded their entrance money. We were welcomed by all but one Redditch fan and had a good day out seeing some entertaining football.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Steve.P.

Steve.P.
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 am

Steve.P. wrote:From a Bashley fans point of view I was pleased that the ref started the game, we had a long journey and it would have been more frustrating for the game not to have been given a chance. I thought the pitch looked playable at 2:30 when the ref was inspecting it. I agree with the poster who said the floodlights highlighted some puddles and made it look less playable. I thought both teams played the conditions quite well but would have been disappointed to lose to a mistake brought about by the conditions. (to win that way would not have been too great either! although I would've taken it!!)
By half time I thought the state of the pitch had worsened enough for the ref to correctly abandon the game. As far as I am aware no Bashley fans were refunded their entrance money. We were welcomed by all but one Redditch fan and had a good day out seeing some entertaining football.
Good luck for the rest of the season.
Steve.P.

Steve, glad you had a good day out considering the trip you had to make. Disappointing that you were not welcomed by that so called individual fan but glad everybody else made you feel welcome. I think you guys should contact the club directly as the likelihood of you making the rearranged fixture will be difficult what with work etc. I always find clubs in this situation just suddenly stay stum as they don't want to refund or promise free entrance to the rearranged fixture.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 am

Both managers disagreed on the decision to call it off:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/football/10069895.Non_league__Bash_boss_defends_controversial_abandonment_decision/

Personally, I was happy to see them try to play it. It was borderline at 2:30 when they decided to go ahead, and both teams wanted to play, so I see why the ref started but by 3pm I was surprised they didn't reconsider.

The rules are clear, if the ball does not roll properly it should not go ahead and especially in the corner at the bottom end of the ground (main stand side) it was so waterlogged both sets of players had to hook the ball up and out of the puddles during the first half.

Both sides made the best of it and actually played some decent stuff all things considered, especially Redditch, but whatever the outcome it would not have been a fair reflection of footballing ability had the match finished, so for me, correct decision.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm

fingers wrote:Both managers disagreed on the decision to call it off:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/football/10069895.Non_league__Bash_boss_defends_controversial_abandonment_decision/

Personally, I was happy to see them try to play it. It was borderline at 2:30 when they decided to go ahead, and both teams wanted to play, so I see why the ref started but by 3pm I was surprised they didn't reconsider.

The rules are clear, if the ball does not roll properly it should not go ahead and especially in the corner at the bottom end of the ground (main stand side) it was so waterlogged both sets of players had to hook the ball up and out of the puddles during the first half.

Both sides made the best of it and actually played some decent stuff all things considered, especially Redditch, but whatever the outcome it would not have been a fair reflection of footballing ability had the match finished, so for me, correct decision.

We're you at the game Fingers? I am sorry but they should have continued with the game having started it. Bashley looked more threatening up front but looked suspect at the back.

Football has turned into a pusseys game as proven on Sat and this is non league FFS
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Leethall wrote:
fingers wrote:Both managers disagreed on the decision to call it off:

We're you at the game Fingers? I am sorry but they should have continued with the game having started it. Bashley looked more threatening up front but looked suspect at the back.

Football has turned into a pusseys game as proven on Sat and this is non league FFS

To be fair if the game had continued then someone could have got seriously muddy Tut
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:14 pm

I was there mate. I don't think it was called off because of safety, both sets of players got on with it and did pretty well under the circumstances, it was called off because the match itself was becoming a farce and was only going to get worse.

I completely agree with Frank Gray and I think Simon Redhead may have thought differently in the second half because Redditch would have been attacking the worst end.

By the way, the Southern League website has the match down as Tuesday 11th December.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Game postponed SHOCK!!! - Page 2 Empty Redditch PR

Post  tho101 Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 am

RUFC need to seriosuly consider sending all staff on a PR course, as its getting embaressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fan makes a post making a very valid point, will the few die hard fans who parted with £10 be refunded.............???????

If not, will they be entitled to free entry at the re-arranged game................. ???????????

If not, will they be entiteld to cheaper admission.............??????????

Its is not 4 days since the game and no response or statement from the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to top it off, and in true RUFC fassion, one of the fans who was stupid/brave/rich/loyal enough to venture down to the valley on saturday and pay £10 to watch the game............... gets called a prat by the latest member of the RUFC staff.............. very clever.

Hats off to all officials at RUFC, you do find ways of outdoing ebern your own incompetence time after time Head against wall

Can honestly say i will not set foot in the valley for a RUFC game again this season and part with my money for, i will however make the effort to as mnay away games as possible to support the team, already looking forward to Weymouth away!!!!!!!

Rant over!!

tho101
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 am

tho101 wrote:RUFC need to seriosuly consider sending all staff on a PR course, as its getting embaressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fan makes a post making a very valid point, will the few die hard fans who parted with £10 be refunded.............???????

If not, will they be entitled to free entry at the re-arranged game................. ???????????

Its is not 4 days since the game and no response or statement from the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to top it off, and in true RUFC fassion, one of the fans who was stupid/brave/rich/loyal enough to venture down to the valley on saturday and pay £10 to watch the game............... gets called a prat by the latest member of the RUFC staff.............. very clever.

Hats off to all officials at RUFC, you do find ways of outdoing ebern your own incompetence time after time Head against wall

Can honestly say i will not set foot in the valley for a RUFC game again this season and part with my money for, i will however make the effort to as mnay away games as possible to support the team, already looking forward to Weymouth away!!!!!!!

Rant over!!

Have you not checked the official website???
Seriously, I don't normally get annoyed but as it was on there yesterday morning......well I just give up Head against wall
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:06 am

tho101 wrote:RUFC need to seriosuly consider sending all staff on a PR course, as its getting embaressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over!!

And another thing as the match was abandoned at half time by the Referee RUFC are not obliged by league rules to issue a refund ticket. RUFC have to pay for Bashley's coach as they travelled to the Valley, but still offer 1/2 price entrance to those that attended.

Our 'latest member of staff' is obviously entitled to his opinion but is not paid by RUFC!

One last point, I wandered around the function room on Saturday chatting to our fans to gauge their opinions and I chatted to (I don't normally mention names) Ted, Trevor, Jenny & Neil who used to be regulars but have not been down for a little while. The first thing they said was not "give me my money back" or "do I get in for half price" no they said "WE" "don't have much luck do we". To me this speaks volumes it takes everyone to run the club from the Chairman down to the supporters, we all need to pull together to make RUFC successful.

Hopefully, you will reconsider and once again pop down The Valley to watch a game.

RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 pm

DJ, credit to the club in allowing reduced entrance to those that attending the return fixture. I hope my ticket stub gets me in Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:16 pm

This thread reminds me of that Barrow game (which we played, even if it was more like a game of water polo than association football Wink ) a few years back Wink

Anyway, to the point of my post;
I think what people were trying to say is, they realise it's not the clubs fault that the game was abandoned but with such a small crowd (I don't know if this should have any bearing on it) in attendance, it would've been nice to have someone from the club stood by the gate as everyone left and just say "keep your ticket stubs lads, you can use them for reduced/free admission when it's replayed"
Which, fair play to them, they have done now Wink I know it's going to cost the club a bit of money, but with so few people turning up as it is, we can ill afford to lose anymore!!!

It's not just the current set up, I remember years ago a same thing happening with the same outcome, nobody knew what was going on!!! It can just leave a bad taste in your mouth and as I said before, can be a sure fire way of losing supporters!!!

Last edited by allotmentender on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the 'on' between bearing and it ;))
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2