Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kettering Match 23rd February 2013

+9
lewism5964
Leethall
allotmentender
Ms.B
tho101
del boy
SID SNOT
Red86
kingfisher
13 posters

Go down

Kettering Match 23rd February 2013  Empty Kettering Match 23rd February 2013

Post  kingfisher Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 am

Redditch Utd would like to announce as part of the junior and youth re-launch, we offering discounted tickets for the game if purchased in advance £5.00 for adults £2.00 for Children.

All of the teams will be present on the day right from under 8s to the reserves.

We will have some great offers and prizes to be won on the day as well as a free disco on the night for those wishing to stay.

For more details and how to purchase the tickets please contact the club (01527 67450)

Hope you can all attend and look forward to seeing you on the day

Cheers

kingfisher
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Kettering Match 23rd February 2013  Empty Re: Kettering Match 23rd February 2013

Post  Red86 Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:18 am

Can i just turn up at the ground and buy tickets in advance will anyone be there to sell me some?. Hoping to bring some friends and family to the game might appeal to them with low price the £10 price always puts them of coming

Red86

Back to top Go down

Kettering Match 23rd February 2013  Empty Re: Kettering Match 23rd February 2013

Post  kingfisher Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:50 am

Red86 wrote:Can i just turn up at the ground and buy tickets in advance will anyone be there to sell me some?. Hoping to bring some friends and family to the game might appeal to them with low price the £10 price always puts them of coming

Hi you can just turn up and pay for the tickets as someone should be in the club in the day .
You can pay by card over the phone if you wish and the tickets can be delivered or collected
They will be ready for distribution on Tuesday
On the tickets that’s are brought in advance there will be a stub where all drinks on the day in the bar are purchased you will get an extra 10% discount

hope you can come to what i am sure will be a great day

kingfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:29 am

Great idea, but can't really get my head round why you have to purchase in advance?

Surely if you want to get people through the turnstiles the offer should also be for people who decide to come down on the day?
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:23 am

Agree with Sid. I don't understand the logic. Whether collecting tickets in advance or having them delivered, it all sounds like unnecessary cost and hassle for everyone concerned.

Keep it simple, just pay on the day!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  tho101 Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:28 am

totally agree, if it is/was i would almost definately ventrure down the valley on the day of game and pay a fiver to watch, as im sure quite a number of my mates who havent been down in ages would aslo do, i cant however see any of us being arsed with the running around getting peoples money beforehand and then going the club to purchase, and if it goes back up to £10 on the day cant see any of us going.

make it £5 admission on the gate - massive publicity push in local papers etc to make as many people as possible aware, pray for decent weather, and maximise the potential of getting the biggest gate of season.

tho101

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:02 am

I am not here to disagree with your opinion and will consider your views and reactions on any future promotions we do within the club.
The idea to sell tickets in advance has been a positive success so far.
We already have all of our juniors and youth teams attending plus parents committed to the day which means we should have a great crowd.
As suggested tickets can be purchased by card and will be delivered with very little issue involved. Also I am prepared to deliver tickets personally if you are local and rather pay by cash.
I hope as a Redditch fan you will be able to attend on the day and see for you self some of the positive changes going on within the club at the moment.

kingfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.B Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:30 pm

What time do the gates open? I have some family from Norfolk and have to meet them half way and bring them back. Should make the KO time.

Who is behind the promotion? Seems as though someone has an idea and goes with it. On the day sales are the best option. Get involved with local sides, get interest and get new players in from youth age.

Ms.B
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:58 pm

Ms.B wrote:What time do the gates open? I have some family from Norfolk and have to meet them half way and bring them back. Should make the KO time.

If you might be running late, why are you concerned about what time the gates open?
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Ms.B Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 am

Because I didn't know if easier to purchase the tickets prior to driving to meet my brother.

Ms.B
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

That actually makes sense now Wink

Maybe someone will come on and say what time the gates open, rather than someone sat on a computer in Sydney making sarcastic comments!!! Sorry Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 am

gates open at 1.30pm

kingfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Credit where credit is due today was a great advertisement for promoting the club and was backed by a crowd of 610 to see Redditch beat a poor Kettering side who 1st half had to be one of the poorest sides I have seen for a long time at this level.

Great to see all of the youth section there and hope that this brings back more to see games over the rest of the season.

Some good performances from players making the step up from the Reserves, Hylton looked good first half, Levi did well and the keeper looked a lot more solid throughout. Washbourne on loan from Nunny did well and all round a good solid performance.

Bedworth lost so we they drop into the bottom 2, a run now of a wins and solid draws would be good.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Think that might be the first time the team have performed on a day when the club has called for people to come down and check out The Valley. How did the day go as a whole? Was there any feedback from newcomers?

Great win but the next 3 games against Bedworth, Bashley and Frome are crucial, fingers crossed we can get a good return from them. How long has Will Richards been playing up front? Looks like he is doing well up there.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 am

lewism5964 wrote:Think that might be the first time the team have performed on a day when the club has called for people to come down and check out The Valley. How did the day go as a whole? Was there any feedback from newcomers?

Not sure but somebody from the club will be able to answer this.

Great win but the next 3 games against Bedworth, Bashley and Frome are crucial, fingers crossed we can get a good return from them. How long has Will Richards been playing up front? Looks like he is doing well up there.

Will and Hylton have looked good up front the last 2 games I have watched. Will is an all round good footballer and I have seen him play centre half, mid and up top and has looked comfortable in all 3 positions.

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Kettering Match 23rd February 2013  Empty Re: Kettering Match

Post  Gidsi Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am

It was an encouraging day in many ways, not least the good crowd.
Let's not get carried away by the result though - you can only beat what's put up against you and the team did that well enough. Will Richards deserved his match award and looks to be getting stronger and gaining in confidence as the season continues. Nevertheless the second half was an oddly nervous affair and instead of going on to add to the first half goals the team looked second best at times and the Kettering goal wasn't all that surprising when it came.
A similar situation to Tuesday against Banbury when a failure to convert first half superiority into goals cost them dear. Sterner tests lie ahead and the next fortnight could well be the defining part of the season.
Does anyone know if Alex Hickman or Zac Costello are likely to be fit for Tuesday's game?

Gidsi
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Amazing crowd figure, I wasn't there but I was gobsmacked when I saw the SL website. Surely there's been a bit of creative accounting with the figures, I mean, did 610 paying punters actually come through the gate or were half of them the youth teams, officials, family members etc ?

Still,even if that was the case it's great to see so many down there and many congratulations to all involved for what sounds like a good day for the club. I hope the powers that be are beginning to realise that there is a ready market out there provided the price is right (and at ten quid a go it obviously isn't).

It also highlights the fact that there are very few clubs at our level (and indeed higher) that have an integrated youth setup like ours. Again, congratulations to all involved. This is the way forward and the future for the club.

Some more wins desperately required and as luck would have it we have some winnable games coming up. If we can't beat the likes of Bedworth, Frome and Bashley then frankly we deserve to go down.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Leethall wrote:Credit where credit is due today was a great advertisement for promoting the club and was backed by a crowd of 610 to see Redditch beat a poor Kettering side who 1st half had to be one of the poorest sides I have seen for a long time at this level.

Great to see all of the youth section there and hope that this brings back more to see games over the rest of the season.

Some good performances from players making the step up from the Reserves, Hylton looked good first half, Levi did well and the keeper looked a lot more solid throughout. Washbourne on loan from Nunny did well and all round a good solid performance.

Bedworth lost so we they drop into the bottom 2, a run now of a wins and solid draws would be good.

I thought it was a good performance. But Levi wasn't very good, I'm wondering for all his commitment does he lack the actual quality at this level!!!!! Hylton who is by far the best reserve player needs more composure at this level in front of goal. Just my opinion and a few others that came to watch Saturday. I won't comment on the keeper, just say catlow don't forget your glooves against beduff please!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 am

Reds11 wrote:
Leethall wrote:Credit where credit is due today was a great advertisement for promoting the club and was backed by a crowd of 610 to see Redditch beat a poor Kettering side who 1st half had to be one of the poorest sides I have seen for a long time at this level.

I thought it was a good performance. But Levi wasn't very good, I'm wondering for all his commitment does he lack the actual quality at this level!!!!! Hylton who is by far the best reserve player needs more composure at this level in front of goal. Just my opinion and a few others that came to watch Saturday. I won't comment on the keeper, just say catlow don't forget your glooves against beduff please!!!

Performance was good first half against a very poor side. Second half it was rather poor with a little hoof.

You are right about Hylton and having more composure, he seems to be snatching at his chances but I have no doubt once he scores a few goals he can play at this level. Levi did the dirty work and first half got some decent crosses in.

My view is that unless Catlow gets a mouth and starts to get angry and vocal with his defenders he is not going to be an asset for a relegation run in. Maynard looked commanding on Sat and albeit he had little else to do he was a hell of a lot better at this than Catlow.

The problem all season since Cooper has left is tht the Manager has failed to get an experienced keeper in, I still am of the opinion that this position and a centre forward proven at this level are the reasons why we are in a relegation scrap.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am

It was fantastic day for a number of reasons

Waking up in the morning and looking at the weather report I wondered if we would get the turn out we were looking for.

But my worries were put to rest with most the junior’s players coming down the valley with the parents also following and backed up by both regulars and new fans taking advantage of the discounted tickets in advance

For the purest of fans it will always be about results on the day and the lads backed this up with a win against a poor Kettering side but you still have to beat what is put in front of you. Behind the scenes there is a lot of work going on to ensure the reserves not only get good young players in but they can handle them self on the pitch when called upon. I think Jermaine is a prime example of this we lacked creativity upfront before he stepped up and since his arrival we have won 3 out of 5 games he has played. He and will have built a good partnership with both of them scoring goals.

Everything we are doing today behind the scenes will make this club successful and stable in the future. To some people you might think I live in dream land but there is no reason why we cannot be the next Swansea the club with the size of its town is a sleeping giant

The day was dedicated as the junior relaunch day and it about showing the people of redditch we are one club now working together building a plan so the young lads can be tomorrows stars.

Disco was well received with people staying late into the night

For me if we get 5 people to come down next week from their experience of Saturday it can only be a good thing.

If any-one has as good ideas going forward I am always approachable on match days and happy to buy anyone a drink and have a chat.

I will be the first to say one successful day does not mean we can just pat ourselves on the back this is now where we have to put in the hard work going forward .

I thank you as does everyone at the club for all for support hope you are starting to see some of the positive changes happening.

ps: Looking forward to taking 3 points from Bedworth tuesday night

kingfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am

The one thing I would like say is a genuine sorry we did not get to hold the fans forum unfortunately this was due to how busy it was in the building but I will get this re-arranged ASAP as it good for everyone to here more about what the club is doing and for you to ask questions

kingfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 am

If any-one has as good ideas going forward I am always approachable on match days and happy to buy anyone a drink and have a chat.

Couldn't believe the crowd! Well done all who worked hard to achieve it.
Many years ago Redditch gave the kids who played football for the local clubs (before the days of Redditch united youth) headless cross, feckenham, kingfisher, free season tickets. Unfortunately this lasted 1 season

Why not give all Redditch united youth players a free pass accompanyed by a paying adult?
How many kids down now? I can't remember seeing to many of late, and those kids are tomorrow's fare paying fans get them down get them in the ha bite after all that's half the reason we come week in week out rain, sun, win, lose

redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  kingfisher Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:00 am

redditch born wrote:If any-one has as good ideas going forward I am always approachable on match days and happy to buy anyone a drink and have a chat.

Couldn't believe the crowd! Well done all who worked hard to achieve it.
Many years ago Redditch gave the kids who played football for the local clubs (before the days of Redditch united youth) headless cross, feckenham, kingfisher, free season tickets. Unfortunately this lasted 1 season

Why not give all Redditch united youth players a free pass accompanyed by a paying adult?
How many kids down now? I can't remember seeing to many of late, and those kids are tomorrow's fare paying fans get them down get them in the ha bite after all that's half the reason we come week in week out rain, sun, win, lose

As the junior section and club our now working together we will be introducing a loyalty card for the start of the new season which will see all registered Redditch utd & Redditch Brough players be able to enter match days for free. This card will also get people discounts with other businesses in and around Redditch. There will be a separate version coming out in the new season for fans, parents and anyone else interested as well which can be purchased for £5,00 per year and can be used for discounted tickets drinks other offers throughout the season as well as be able to get the discounts at other business.

More information and where the card can be used at will be released around July

kingfisher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down