Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future In Doubt?

+8
del boy
rawlings09
oldtommo
Mrs Moor
Captain Carlin
RockDJ
Terrace Guy
Leethall
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Future In Doubt? Empty Future In Doubt?

Post  Leethall Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Future In Doubt? Empty Re: Future In Doubt?

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:52 pm

I think the club was banking on the support of the council but from their point of view with cuts being made all over the shop they cant justify giving money to an entity struggling to attract 250 people a week.
Lets hope there's a plan b to secure our long term future because it's a shame all the good work in putting the proposal forward has been rejected.

Onwards and upwards, we'll struggle on.

UTR
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Terrace Guy wrote:I think the club was banking on the support of the council but from their point of view with cuts being made all over the shop they cant justify giving money to an entity struggling to attract 250 people a week.
 Lets hope there's a plan b to secure our long term future because it's a shame all the good work in putting the proposal forward has been rejected.

Onwards and upwards, we'll struggle on.

UTR
Hi Terrace,

You are correct we will struggle on until we find another solution but just to clarify the council wouldn't be giving any money, they would benefit from the sale and continue to own the new ground.

Mr Swan said they had three offers from developers interested in the land and their figures showed the scheme could deliver a surplus of between £600,000 to £2.2million for Redditch Borough Council who own both sites, depending on the amount of affordable housing provided.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Cheers Dave,

Perhaps they should have accepted what was offered though who knows what their thought process is.

Anyway lets enjoy some positivity on the pitch and whatever happens off the pitch will happen. Que sera and heres to a positive result tomorrow!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Plan C?
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:37 pm

I wonder how the club manage to lose 60k a year, did Mr Duck give any details or was it a figure plucked out of the air. Surely if he wants more people to attend home games he needs to invest in the team and give people a reason to support the club, something he seems reluctant to do.

I am pretty sure the council can see right through him and that's why they have shown no interest, if its such a good scheme why does he not finance it himself instead of always looking for schemes and grants.

I think their response is bang on, spend your own money on the current ground, mind you a few extra bob to the manager would be a start.

How much money does he think a plastic pitch makes, its pure fantasy on his part.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:I wonder how the club manage to lose 60k a year, did Mr Duck give any details or was it a figure plucked out of the air. Surely if he wants more people to attend home games he needs to invest in the team and give people a reason to support the club, something he seems reluctant to do.

I am pretty sure the council can see right through him and that's why they have shown no interest, if its such a good scheme why does he not finance it himself instead of always looking for schemes and grants.

I think their response is bang on, spend your own money on the current ground, mind you a few extra bob to the manager would be a start.

How much money does he think a plastic pitch makes, its pure fantasy on his part.
Whatever mr Duck (your words not mine) did to you it has left you extremely bitter, to be up all hours spreading your vitriol on here! However everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine, you are a bitter and twisted, self important idiot. You have no interest in RUFC other than to bicycle off the owners. I firmly believe that if the ducklings (again your words) were to announce they were going to invest 3 million quid in the club tomorrow, you would immediately be on here starting a campaign to say the money came from drug trafficking or child exploitation, in essence they are in a total no win situation where you are concerned. When they did put more money in it was wrong (Lee Hendrie etc.) Look we get it now, YOU dont like the Swans!! So now we get your point, do us all a favour and take your diatribe elsewhere. Incidentally, the name I have on here is the name I am well known by at the football club, so at least I have the balls not to hide behind a pathetic alias when I express my opinion. Have a nice day!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:52 am

I have the relocation plan & the plan of the new club house and facilities.
If anyone is interested just give me a shout tonight & I'll be happy to show you.

You can always pop in the club I'm in most Mon, Wed, & Friday's but I'm not sure how long I'll have them for.
Hope this helps.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:45 am

oldtommo wrote: Whatever mr Duck (your words not mine) did to you it has left you extremely bitter, to be up all hours spreading your vitriol on here! However everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine, you are a bitter and twisted, self important idiot. You have no interest in RUFC other than to bicycle off the owners. I firmly believe that if the ducklings (again your words) were to announce they were going to invest 3 million quid in the club tomorrow, you would immediately be on here starting a campaign to say the money came from drug trafficking or child exploitation, in essence they are in a total no win situation where you are concerned. When they did put more money in it was wrong (Lee Hendrie etc.) Look we get it now, YOU dont like the Swans!! So now we get your point, do us all a favour and take your diatribe elsewhere. Incidentally, the name I have on here is the name I am well known by at the football club, so at least I have the balls not to hide behind a pathetic alias when I express my opinion. Have a nice day!
Oh dear Tommo you seem to have forgotten the topic and launched in to a personal attack on my good self, that's a pity I am sure most people would prefer to know why you think the council gave the Ducklings such a damming rejection.

I gave my opinion, how about you give yours.

Mind you if you think paying Lee Hendrie a fortune was a good idea perhaps you are better off remaining in cuckoo land talking about drug trafficking and child exploitation.

You obviously enjoy relegation battles season after season and watching your club destroyed from within. Now the Duck can't build houses (shock horror - who would have guessed that was his agenda) let's see what happens.

Perhaps you should take a look at where the Ducklings got their fortune before you come on here posting your diatribe (now where have we heard that before).

Liam is a top young manager and will win over his doubters, I have supported him from day one perhaps you should tap him on the shoulder and tell him to sign Lee Hendrie, I hear he is available for £500 a game. Don't all jump at once now.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 am

Mrs Moor wrote:I wonder how the club manage to lose 60k a year, did Mr Duck give any details or was it a figure plucked out of the air. Surely if he wants more people to attend home games he needs to invest in the team and give people a reason to support the club, something he seems reluctant to do.

Why not come down tonight, ask the man himself? You usually scurry away when you're asked to show yourself In person, the fact you beat your meat about seeing an ex manager at the moors and the fact the council haven't let us have a new ground yet makes me think there's more to
You than just an interested neutral,

But like I said, come down tonight, you know where we are, I'm sure people would love to have a drink with you and discuss you're hatred for Swan and Hyde... However I'm sure you'll have your fingertips at the ready if we lose tonight.

Much love x
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 am

DJ, can the plans be given to the local press to publish in their upcoming editions? Some more wide spread publicity may help with gaining interest and support from the wider Redditch community.

Without knowing the full details of RBC's objections, it is perhaps too soon to be critical of their decision. With any local council, when it comes to dealing with this kind of thing, I doubt that it's ever simple and straight forward!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:17 am

del boy wrote:DJ, can the plans be given to the local press to publish in their upcoming editions? Some more wide spread publicity may help with gaining interest and support from the wider Redditch community.

Without knowing the full details of RBC's objections, it is perhaps too soon to be critical of their decision. With any local council, when it comes to dealing with this kind of thing, I doubt that it's ever simple and straight forward!
Hi Del,

I've put the plans on our website but they are tiny, I have the blow up version in the office if you want to have a look just give me a shout. I must admit I don't know fully the details of the RBC's objections either. The Advertiser took pictures as well btw.

Last edited by RockDJ on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot press)
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 am

Mrs Moor wrote:
oldtommo wrote: Whatever mr Duck (your words not mine) did to you it has left you extremely bitter, to be up all hours spreading your vitriol on here! However everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine, you are a bitter and twisted, self important idiot. You have no interest in RUFC other than to bicycle off the owners. I firmly believe that if the ducklings (again your words) were to announce they were going to invest 3 million quid in the club tomorrow, you would immediately be on here starting a campaign to say the money came from drug trafficking or child exploitation, in essence they are in a total no win situation where you are concerned. When they did put more money in it was wrong (Lee Hendrie etc.) Look we get it now, YOU dont like the Swans!! So now we get your point, do us all a favour and take your diatribe elsewhere. Incidentally, the name I have on here is the name I am well known by at the football club, so at least I have the balls not to hide behind a pathetic alias when I express my opinion. Have a nice day!
Oh dear Tommo you seem to have forgotten the topic and launched in to a personal attack on my good self, that's a pity I am sure most people would prefer to know why you think the council gave the Ducklings such a damming rejection.

Mind you if you think paying Lee Hendrie a fortune was a good idea perhaps you are better off remaining in cuckoo land talking about drug trafficking and child exploitation.

You obviously enjoy relegation battles season after season and watching your club destroyed from within. Now the Duck can't build houses (shock horror - who would have guessed that was his agenda) let's see what happens.

Perhaps you should take a look at where the Ducklings got their fortune before you come on here posting your diatribe (now where have we heard that before).

Liam is a top young manager and will win over his doubters, I have supported him from day one perhaps you should tap him on the shoulder and tell him to sign Lee Hendrie, I hear he is available for £500 a game. Don't all jump at once now.
The future of the club? answer me this, if the Swans had not bought the club and settled the debt, would there even be a club to discuss today? At the time they came in there was a very real possibility that there would be no club to destroy from within! I will take a relegation battle over having no club to watch. Ask anyone that actually follows Redditch if signing Lee Hendrie at the time was a good idea, games were won and the gate went up! If your truly interested in proper opinions ask the question on here how many people that use this forum actually value your input? Go on create your own post "How many forum users value the comments that mrs moor posts?" I promise you if you get more than 5 people who are in favour I will never criticise you again. If you don't get 5 maybe you will do the decent thing and respect peoples opinions and stop coming on here!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Come on Tommo stop Ducking! the issue.

You seem to be posting about me again and asking for my thoughts and opinions while at the same time asking if people value my input, very strange logic.

I asked for your opinion on the topic, any chance of that happening.

As for hoping you lose, well that's just silly and you obviously don't read my posts I want Liam to do really well avoiding relegation and producing a young side people will want to watch.

You stated that the Swans bought the club and paid off the debt, well that's what they do and that's how they have made a fortune. Come on Tommo try to keep up.

Would Redditch be in a better position if they had gone bump, well look at Bromsgrove they seem happy enough and manage to get more support than you every week!!

Many of your supporters have indicated that they welcome a couple of relegations and hope the club sinks back into the Alliance, my own wish is to have you back with us doing well.

I am sorry I don't hold your owners in the same regard as you and I am also sorry I did not like Hyde's backstabbing but at least I give an opinion about the topic rather than just calling posters silly names, eh Tommo.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Do you know it sounds almost like mr Hyde got given a job that someone else thinks they deserved!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:37 am

Mrs Moor wrote:[Oh dear Tommo you seem to have forgotten the topic and launched in to a personal attack on my good self, that's a pity I am sure most people would prefer to know why you think the council gave the Ducklings such a damming rejection.

I told Liam you thought he was a top young manager he laughed and said “I thought everyone on social media hated me” lol.

Just touching on 1 or 2 points.
The way I see it Mrs Moors is it will be the Council that would sell the land, as they own it, with the help of the quotes that Mr Swan already has and it would also be the Council that would develop the Washford site again retaining ownership. Redditch United would not receive any windfall.

I love The Valley to bits but it is getting old, its bones are beginning to creak and become dated. We only have two changing rooms & a tiny referee’s room (female officials change in the physio room), poor seating and crumbling terraces. Our vision is through sport to allow access to the community of Redditch no matter what age, ability, creed or gender. At the moment we have around 17 youth, girls and disabled teams. The new stadia would allow us flexibility to increase this measurable up to 52 teams.
The additional 3G pitch and other hireable facilities would mean that it would not only be sustainable but would also make a small profit.

The Football Association have various grants and funding that are available and have also given a big thumbs up to supporting with significant funding a relocation. This funding becomes so so difficult to obtain when you are just looking to refurbish. As you can imagine they receive a lot of grant request for just refurbishment but you can tick vastly more community boxes when relocating making it a better proposition.    

I have always lived and worked in Redditch so my view is somewhat blinkered I know. I also do not fully understand or appreciate fully on what grounds the Council, other than the covenant, have failed to support or have issue with this project.

I think Redditch is crying out for new facilities within the borough and the plans drawn up of the new Stadia complex are something that I’m sure not only Redditch supporters but, the community could be proud of.

Finally, I’m really impressed with some of the sales promotions & strategies put in to process this year at Solihull, I also thought that the team looked really good when they came for a pre-season friendly and Redditch could do a lot worse than try to adopt some of these changes. All the best for the season.
Dave.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm

The council have no foundation to reject the proposal especially if the relocation is more than self funding.
Quotes in the local rags refer to extra costs? I do not understand this if the business proposal from Mr Swan was exhaustive, why would council members be referring to this a reason?

In Plan B, we invited the local councilors to meet us and hear the proposal...they did it willingly...I think we should invite them to meet the RUFC supporters, members, youth teams etc to explain their decision.

I would like to hear the explanations in front of 300 people packed into the club house!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:52 pm

'I would like to hear the explanations in front of 300 people packed into the club house!'

This won't (Unfortunately) be on a typical match day then!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Captain Carlin wrote:
'I would like to hear the explanations in front of 300 people packed into the club house!'

This won't (Unfortunately) be on a typical match day then!
. Elf and safety dictates 140 maximum (i mean in the clubhouse not supporters on match days!!)
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rufcfan1 Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:24 am

Sure enough I've slagged off Swan regarding his ambition in taking Redditch forward but I've been humbled by his recent plans to relocate which will increase the number of youth teams to 52, bring in extra income through the use of a 3G pitch - something which will be a guaranteed success as seen at Studley - but more importantly a new ground, clubhouse and facilities, the plans sound fantastic to me, I have to praise Swan for looking to move the club elsewhere. It does indeed seem he holds some ambition when all along I thought otherwise, it seems I have been thankfully proved wrong. I don't understand the RBC decision to go against the move, it is clear that upgrading the current facilities would be a waste of money and would hold no bearing upon bringing in extra income and making the club a sustainable business, I'm just hoping the pleas to move from the owners, the fans and the online petition that is gathering pace will convince RBC to go ahead with the move. We do need to get this petition spread around more I have to say, whether it's shared onto numerous social networking sites, on match days at the club itself or word of mouth, we need to do as much as we can to make our voices heard and hopefully convince the unsupportive council to sanction the move, it will be fantastic for the future of our football club and maybe we just might have a team worth being proud of again, as we have in recent weeks.

rufcfan1
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09 am

Perhaps the Councill should read this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24669605

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:44 am

mattim wrote:Perhaps the Councill should read this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24669605
Or they may read this first! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-24684005
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 am

I really think the plans the swans have in place will be great for the future. If people sign the petition and this grows pace surely the council will have a rethink. As a football fan I'm always sceptical of owners but believe mr swan is doing what will eventually be fantastic for the club.
I do question sometimes different things like the appointment of a 28 year old manager with no experience but what a bold move it was and I think everyone will agree it was a very good decision. The place seems positive and I haven't felt like that since promotion. I'll be honest I'm one that has complained about match day prices but with the players mr macdonald has brought in like amari, Headley ect they are exciting to watch unlike last season. I'm just really positive about what the swans are doing. I spoke to a few people on Wednesday night who are involved at the club and they really think Liam will take this club forward, which is good to see people backing the manager. He seems a nice chap. I spoke to a few players aswell and asked about him and they speak very highly of him and how much there enjoying being at redditch which again is positive. So lets back the petition believe in the swans and what they are doing. In Liam who's rebuilt a new squad of players over the summer on let's be honest not a good budget but I understand why that is, shows there are for the first time in years positives. Lets beat hungerford Tuesday but for me more importantly brigg Saturday. Would love to get through!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:14 pm

RockDJ wrote:

I told Liam you thought he was a top young manager he laughed and said “I thought everyone on social media hated me” lol.

Just touching on 1 or 2 points.
The way I see it Mrs Moors is it will be the Council that would sell the land, as they own it, with the help of the quotes that Mr Swan already has and it would also be the Council that would develop the Washford site again retaining ownership. Redditch United would not receive any windfall.

I love The Valley to bits but it is getting old, its bones are beginning to creak and become dated. We only have two changing rooms & a tiny referee’s room (female officials change in the physio room), poor seating and crumbling terraces. Our vision is through sport to allow access to the community of Redditch no matter what age, ability, creed or gender. At the moment we have around 17 youth, girls and disabled teams. The new stadia would allow us flexibility to increase this measurable up to 52 teams.
The additional 3G pitch and other hireable facilities would mean that it would not only be sustainable but would also make a small profit.

The Football Association have various grants and funding that are available and have also given a big thumbs up to supporting with significant funding a relocation. This funding becomes so so difficult to obtain when you are just looking to refurbish. As you can imagine they receive a lot of grant request for just refurbishment but you can tick vastly more community boxes when relocating making it a better proposition.    

I have always lived and worked in Redditch so my view is somewhat blinkered I know. I also do not fully understand or appreciate fully on what grounds the Council, other than the covenant, have failed to support or have issue with this project.

I think Redditch is crying out for new facilities within the borough and the plans drawn up of the new Stadia complex are something that I’m sure not only Redditch supporters but, the community could be proud of.

Finally, I’m really impressed with some of the sales promotions & strategies put in to process this year at Solihull, I also thought that the team looked really good when they came for a pre-season friendly and Redditch could do a lot worse than try to adopt some of these changes. All the best for the season.
Dave.
Hi RockDJ

I hope all of the hard work you are doing personally pays off and the club makes progress. It’s a shame the plans were not a bit more professional they look like a schoolboys homework to be honest no wonder the council were not that taken.

It would have been nice to have the diagram in scale although I was baffled by the number of pitches and wondered if the intention was to use them all at the same time. I could not see where the changing and parking facilities were to facilitate such a venture.

I was interested to see how many sides are playing under the Redditch United franchise is the Duck putting money into each side by providing kit etc or simply allowing local sides to play under the name of Redditch United. The way he talks I hope he is financially backing each side.

I am sure you know the equipment needed for certain age groups is now very costly, is the Duck paying for the smaller goal posts and equipment needed.

All the best RockDJ I hope you avoid the drop and the doubters get behind Liam come what may, you can’t keep sacking people on that budget after all.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Mrs Moors,

I can assure you the drawings are proper architect drawings.
I can only apologies for the one's on the website, I had to shrink them down the best I could to fit our upload limits.

If you want to see the 2ft drawings I have please feel free to drop by the club anytime.

I’m no great expert on the Junior sides but from what I can see it’s run extremely well by Julian Workman, they always seem happy equipment wise & it was great to see so many youth managers in the club house for our Halloween party Saturday night…..Liam was a top bloke and judged the best costume.

All the best.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next