Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Season

+3
Bob Marley
mattim
Leethall
7 posters

Go down

Next Season Empty Next Season

Post  Leethall Mon May 04, 2015 9:09 am

Should see some more local derbies as Stratford Town have been promoted alongside Bedworth and Leamington relegated.

Looks like a Stratford Town Boxing Day game with Leamington v Bedworth unless the latter get put in the Northern Conf
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Next Season Empty Re: Next Season

Post  mattim Tue May 05, 2015 2:01 am

Truro won the SLP play off yesterday so a big saving there on our travel costs as well as having a few more local games. Kettering , Leamington and Merthyr should bring a fair few with them so all in all we could continue to get an improvement in attendance numbers (depending on how we perform of course which at the moment is the big unknown factor !).

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue May 05, 2015 6:00 am

Yes....this league looks very nice for next year!

Now Mr Swan...it's time to really dig deep for the club and throw some cash at this.
Considering the players we lost during the past season...we could have been right up there....and with the team we have plus one or two quality additions...we could give it a real go and with bigger crowds due to more local teams.....this could be a bloody great season for the Reds.

I am very conservative...but this is the perfect time to 'give it a go'
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue May 05, 2015 6:35 am

Bob Marley wrote:Yes....this league looks very nice for next year!

Now Mr Swan...it's time to really dig deep for the club and throw some cash at this

Isn't this what nearly killed our club in the past?

Whilst I know it's frustrating that we were top of the league at one point last season and an extra £500 a week on the playing budget would have probably won us the league it simply isn't sustainable, you yourself should know this, Steve!

I personally would like to see the same next season as this season, with the addition of a good centre forward and another central midfield player, surely we could release a few of the poorer players and put that money towards a better player?

Throwing money at it isn't the way to go...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 am

I think a good striker and another good center half is where we need to strengthen I personally beleive we have a decent midfield already with enough cover . Maybe a wide player with good pace ????

Redditch boy
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Reds11 Tue May 05, 2015 11:16 am

Code:
Yes next season looks interesting. Can anyone shed any light on Mcdonald staying???
Mr swan would be mad to not keep him as he's possibly one of the best young managers around. For me swan to come out and say he's had interest for McDonald makes me wonder if it's an easy way out by telling us supporters he wanted to go. I really hope we can keep him and look forward to another good season.
I think a few strikers we can do with and we won't be far away from being in the playoffs...!!!

Reds11
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue May 05, 2015 11:45 am

Bob Marley wrote:

Now Mr Swan...it's time to really dig deep for the club and throw some cash at this.

Bob, has somebody else hacked into your account? You are the normally the biggest advocate on here about clubs living within their means!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Tue May 05, 2015 12:08 pm

At last a topic on here that has got a number of us posting let's hope this is going to spark this forum as last year was very dull on here it's good to hear different peoples views . I personally think Liam will stay next year and he'll be on the look out for that striker to make the difference ...

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue May 05, 2015 1:18 pm

I am very conservative...I really don't miss the days of paying bailiffs from my personal money to stop them removing the goalposts!

BUT

The environment is perfect to give it a real push:

1. No debt
2. Liam
3. Current squad
4. Youth teams
5. Reserve team
6. The bar/club house

If Mr Swan did put some extra cash...with the extra income of doing well and with more local derbies....I think it would be a pretty sound investment.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed May 06, 2015 1:11 pm

I personally think Liam will be off somewhere else, the signs do not look good.

The teams in the league next season should in hindsight bring bigger crowds, the key driver though is a team playing well and challenging like this year plus a run in the FA Cup would help.

I am not convinced that the reserves who play in Div 3 of the Midland Comb will produce players that are ready for the Southern Prem, players need to be experiencing Midland League Prem or Midland South & West or Evo Stick Div One South standard. The reserves can be a bridge from youth football to senior but that standard IMO will not produce players ready for Southern Prem football, a 5 step gap is to much.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Wed May 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Leethall I'm pretty sure Liam will be here for at least one more season and seem to have a good relationship with the players here so hopefully the will stay with him again this season . I agree with you on the reserves I watched them a few times this year and the leauge they play in is very poor and I carnt see anything for the first team in there !

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Thu May 07, 2015 5:44 am

THE future of Redditch United manager Liam McDonald is set to be decided next week.

McDonald has made it clear that he wants to stay as Reds boss but only if the club are able to increase the budget for the 2015-16 season. In today advertiser

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu May 07, 2015 9:47 am

I think the comments about the stiffs is a little harsh....they couldn't really play in the reserves league as that standard was even worse....so MC seemed a suitable alternative....and they have beaten some pretty decent sides to get to the Smedley Crooke final...playing the winners of the MC Prem this weekend.

We have a really young side anyway...and the ressies are even younger in most cases!

You can understand Liam wanting a better budget to really compete....but let's remember....he is very young, no experience except at the Reds....and football is only as good as your last game. I still think he should earn his stripes a little more before trying to hold the club over a barrell.....not sure that's the right thing to do to Mr Swan (especially talking about it to the press?). I hope it works out for him.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch boy Thu May 07, 2015 10:01 am

My comments were bang on .....the prem and div1 have some decent footballing side in them.. Trust me the other divisions are "Pants " better teams about on a Sunday morning sorry but that's a fact!

Redditch boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down