Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plight of redditch

+9
nevergreen
ted striker
del boy
in2thevalley
rawlings09
Redditchbluenose86
Bob Marley
allotmentender
J.Rawlings22
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

plight of redditch Empty plight of redditch

Post  J.Rawlings22 Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:18 am

My dad plight of redditch 687895 has been intouch with BBC Midlands Today to inform them about the financial difficulties of redditch and questioned why BBC only cover/mention teams in the top 5 leagues. awaiting a phone call Very Happy

plight of redditch 58547 plight of redditch 58547 plight of redditch 58547
J.Rawlings22
J.Rawlings22
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

plight of redditch Empty Re: plight of redditch

Post  allotmentender Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:32 am

Tell him not to hold his breath Exclamation

........Joke Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Please see post from Bromsgrove Sporting forum...

(matchday attendance on Sat: 377)

Welcome with Open Arms
Franko, I've got to say that I started watch Sporting in August and I have never been to such a welcoming and friendly club. I never saw Rovers play but I'm sure if you walk in Saturday and speak to anyone you will find it fantastic just as I have.

My advice would be to tell everyone its your first game and you will be welcomed with open arms. Mingle, sit in the stands for a bit. Behind the goal with the 'Big time Charlie's' ask anyone about the Feckenham game and how they got their name!
Make sure you visit the Rouslers bar and shake hands with the legend that is Mark the Barman!

£3 in, £1 programme, £1 matchday lottery - Good football, a victory and Bromsgrove hold onto top spot in the table. You will go home happy.

Everyone reading this forum will be looking out for you and will be pleased to have another fellow fan that will go on the great journey this club will now doubt have over then next few years!

See you there!
[i]

Now..what do you think? what level are Sporting? The model they have is a simple one and the quicker the Reds follow this way the better.

Throw out the old model of Board etc...introduce a new working team....Ken, Tracey, Tim, Darren, Claire, Kimbo, Adi, Justin, Andy, Lee, DJ, Jeff, Sam, Joe, Jack, Polly, etc etc...also include the team manager and the council (see Carol Gandy's statement)
Decide the priorities in terms of fund raising, communication, matchday experience etc...set the plan and do it....starting with simple things and expand as we progress....
We are at the bottom of the barrell, we need a clear action plan to recover...no fag packets, no he said/she said, no b#llshit, no emotion...hard facts with clear and precise 'what / who / when' to pull everything and everyone together.
We can use the Old Plan B templates and roadmaps if required...this is a starting point but we have to change today...end of story.

I will PM Ken with my proposal....
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 pm

I felt sorry for Rovers when they went bust.
Months later....I feel nothing but envy! Fair play to them.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:33 pm

I'd love to be part of the new working team! plight of redditch 58547
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:01 am

Gets my vote, why stay as we are when 8 miles down the road there is a formula that is working and working very well at that.No one wants to buy the Club and its not fair for Ken and his family to continue on there own,spread the pressure and move the club forwards. One step back and ten forward. :dance:

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 am

Only thing is, would this not upset those who very generous enough to help fork together the E-on bill to keep Redditch United running?
How much funing would we need to kick start the campaign?
And would the council allow us to remain at the valley?
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 am

Redjeff wrote:Gets my vote, why stay as we are when 8 miles down the road there is a formula that is working and working very well at that.No one wants to buy the Club and its not fair for Ken and his family to continue on there own,spread the pressure and move the club forwards. One step back and ten forward. plight of redditch 58547

Absolutely, we should be following their ideas and move forward instead of stagnating. Lets go for it plight of redditch 58547 plight of redditch 58547
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:56 am

Bob Marley wrote:Please see post from Bromsgrove Sporting forum...

Welcome with Open Arms
Franko, I've got to say that I started watch Sporting in August and I have never been to such a welcoming and friendly club. I never saw Rovers play but I'm sure if you walk in Saturday and speak to anyone you will find it fantastic just as I have.

My advice would be to tell everyone its your first game and you will be welcomed with open arms. Mingle, sit in the stands for a bit. Behind the goal with the 'Big time Charlie's' ask anyone about the Feckenham game and how they got their name!
Make sure you visit the Rouslers bar and shake hands with the legend that is Mark the Barman!

£3 in, £1 programme, £1 matchday lottery - Good football, a victory and Bromsgrove hold onto top spot in the table. You will go home happy.

Everyone reading this forum will be looking out for you and will be pleased to have another fellow fan that will go on the great journey this club will now doubt have over then next few years!

See you there!
[i]

Now..what do you think? what level are Sporting? The model they have is a simple one and the quicker the Reds follow this way the better.

Throw out the old model of Board etc...introduce a new working team....Ken, Tracey, Tim, Darren, Claire, Kimbo, Adi, Justin, Andy, Lee, DJ, Jeff, Sam, Joe, Jack, Polly, etc etc...also include the team manager and the council (see Carol Gandy's statement)
Decide the priorities in terms of fund raising, communication, matchday experience etc...set the plan and do it....starting with simple things and expand as we progress....
We are at the bottom of the barrell, we need a clear action plan to recover...no fag packets, no he said/she said, no b#llshit, no emotion...hard facts with clear and precise 'what / who / when' to pull everything and everyone together.
We can use the Old Plan B templates and roadmaps if required...this is a starting point but we have to change today...end of story.

Any further news on this Steve? Very Happy
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 am

I've always said that Reds need a completely fresh start.
Stagnant is the exact word to describe it, it has been for a while unfortunately.
I'd love for us to start again and get everyone involved, with no doom and gloom hanging over us everyweek!
Get a decent team together, and start climbing the tables (fans would soon come!).
Make The Valley a happy place to be for once! Laughing

All sounds great, but I'd imagine alot of hard work and planning would be needed if to succeed. Maybe speak to Sporting and get some advice should the club decide to follow the same route.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:27 pm

allotmentender wrote:Tell him not to hold his breath Exclamation

........Joke Wink

Rang BBC Midlands Today twice. Spoke at length about the financial plight of RUFC and the fact that Kidderminster Harriers had been on 3 consecetive nights regarding their plight. I was told that some one from the sports department would be in touch. Alas no phone call. It seems that are only interested in the Premier, Championship and league 1 and 2 and to a lesser extent Conference. In short we are not news worthy. plight of redditch 111216 plight of redditch 111216 plight of redditch 111216 plight of redditch 111216
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Hard Work = Success!
Success = Fans!
Fans = Money for players
Money For Players = Better Players
Better Players = Better Results
Better Results = More fans!

All starts with hard work! plight of redditch 58547

I think a friendly against Bromsgrove wouldn't go a miss... get the old fire burning again! plight of redditch 741335 plight of redditch 8465
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 pm

The BBC don’t understand the concept of ‘a lack of finance‘! They don’t understand the free market economics that all other organisations live and die by.

They are a dinosaur of an organisation! They can have you jailed if you choose to stand up to their bully boy tactics and refuse to pay for something that you have no interest or desire to pay for!

They are 100 years behind the rest of the ‘free’ media world in this country; a by-product of when Britannia ruled the waves.

Perhaps you should lie and say that Redditch United fans are mainly composed of 65% Muslims, 20% women and 10% homosexuals….and that only 5% of fans, a minority,….. are actually local, white, straight, working class males! This would tick so many of their boxes and they’d be at the valley for the next home game before you have had the chance to get out of bed!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm

del boy wrote:Perhaps you should lie and say that Redditch United fans are mainly composed of 65% Muslims, 20% women and 10% homosexuals….and that only 5% of fans, a minority,….. are actually local, white, straight, working class males! This would tick so many of their boxes and they’d be at the valley for the next home game before you have had the chance to get out of bed!

plight of redditch 1834 plight of redditch 658712 plight of redditch 58547
Class! haha
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:22 pm

The ‘simple model’ that Bromsgrove Sporting now have is the direct result of years and years of protest against mismanagement and corruption.

Bromsgrove Sporting F.C. is the result of year after year of moral abstinence of games from die hard fans of the Rovers; of fans who painfully missed every home game and only supported the team when away from home. Rovers fans tried and tried and tried to take control / rescue / salvage their club. Ultimately, they were left with no choice. They stayed away in protest, thus hastening the death of their proud, historic club, so that they could start again on their own terms. They effectively said that it was better for Rovers to go out of business and start again from fresh. Crucially, their council also supported them in this.

Or to use the ‘dying dog’ analogy as suggested by toffeman, Bromsgrove’s fans have allowed their pet dog (called “Rover” J) to pass away from an incurable disease and old age. They now have a new, young, healthy pet to bond with... and learn to love for many year to come!!

Sadly, the Bromsgrove model is a distant dream for us. The Bromsgrove Rovers Supporters Society, was fantastically well supported by a huge number and a wide cross section of fans. Redditch can only dream of the levels of support that Bromgrove enjoys; a town a 3rd the size of ours
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Del...'we have a dream'

No talking, only action from now on..
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 am

del boy wrote:They are a dinosaur of an organisation! They can have you jailed if you choose to stand up to their bully boy tactics and refuse to pay for something that you have no interest or desire to pay for!

Actually, they can't.

Everyone has the right to choose not to watch TV at the point of broadcast, either through a TV receiver or via the internet, in which case they don't have to buy a TV licence. If that's your personal choice, then fine. I've been harassed in the past when I've not had a TV, but if you're abiding by the rules then you've got nothing to worry about. If you don't buy a licence, and then use the services for which a licence is required, don't get all uppity when the authorities come knocking. You'd probably be the first to complain if the BBC started carrying advertisements to replace licence fee funding. (Remember how much of the BBC's output you can use without needing a licence - all radio, iPlayer provided it's not live, their entire website.)

del boy wrote:Perhaps you should lie and say that Redditch United fans are mainly composed of 65% Muslims, 20% women and 10% homosexuals….and that only 5% of fans, a minority,….. are actually local, white, straight, working class males! This would tick so many of their boxes and they’d be at the valley for the next home game before you have had the chance to get out of bed!

That's the kind of casual, ill-informed racist nonsense that I expect to hear from my dad. While I appreciate that such views are not representative of RUFC fans as a whole, comments like that certainly contribute to my lack of desire to attend Redditch matches, knowing that I might be sharing a terrace with someone who thinks like that. Or, to put it another way, I've got nothing against racist dickheads, I just wouldn't want to live next door to one.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Marley, my comments on the successful ‘Bromsgrove model’ are based on cold hard facts; not my personal opinions. How about making a direct response to the individual points that I actually raised rather than resorting to your usual “what are you contributing” retort?

I’ve been a die hard follower at games for 15+ years. I’d guess that (this season aside), I’ve attended at least 95% of home games during this period. I might not be a member of your little club, but over the years, I have contributed in the best possible way….. I have been a long term, loyal and dedicated fan. That is the kind of fan that the club has always needed the most.

And to Ted Striker, firstly, I’d like to apologise for my rant last night! Beer and message boards don’t mix!!! And I’m sorry if my comment offended you.

That said, I stand by my opinion on the BBC. The license fee originated at a time when the BBC was the only broadcaster on TV and radio. You got what you paid for! Fast forward to the present day, that is no longer the case. You can choose to subscribe to whatever channels you want! And in answer to your question, I couldn’t care less if they started showing adverts!!!!!… it’s the norm for 99% of other channels and I can cope with it; and I rarely watch the BBC anyway!

As for my other point, you could called have called me “sexist”, you could have called me “homophobic”, you could have called me all three!!…. but no, you chose to call me “racist”.

I accept that it was a sarcastic point to make, but not one that is without foundation. Its widely accepted that the BBC has an extreme, liberal bias that exists to it's very core. If I’m racist then report me to a mod and have my post deleted and my membership cancelled.

And don’t worry about having to stand on a terrace amongst people like me…I have no interest in attending another game for the foreseeable future.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:59 pm

?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:27 am

del boy wrote:Marley, my comments on the successful ‘Bromsgrove model’ are based on cold hard facts; not my personal opinions. How about making a direct response to the individual points that I actually raised rather than resorting to your usual “what are you contributing” retort?

I’ve been a die hard follower at games for 15+ years. I’d guess that (this season aside), I’ve attended at least 95% of home games during this period. I might not be a member of your little club, but over the years, I have contributed in the best possible way….. I have been a long term, loyal and dedicated fan. That is the kind of fan that the club has always needed the most.

And to Ted Striker, firstly, I’d like to apologise for my rant last night! Beer and message boards don’t mix!!! And I’m sorry if my comment offended you.

That said, I stand by my opinion on the BBC. The license fee originated at a time when the BBC was the only broadcaster on TV and radio. You got what you paid for! Fast forward to the present day, that is no longer the case. You can choose to subscribe to whatever channels you want! And in answer to your question, I couldn’t care less if they started showing adverts!!!!!… it’s the norm for 99% of other channels and I can cope with it; and I rarely watch the BBC anyway!

As for my other point, you could called have called me “sexist”, you could have called me “homophobic”, you could have called me all three!!…. but no, you chose to call me “racist”.

I accept that it was a sarcastic point to make, but not one that is without foundation. Its widely accepted that the BBC has an extreme, liberal bias that exists to it's very core. If I’m racist then report me to a mod and have my post deleted and my membership cancelled.

And don’t worry about having to stand on a terrace amongst people like me…I have no interest in attending another game for the foreseeable future.
GOOD. The BBC license fee, Race and Sex has nothing to do with the subject at hand and surely has nothing to do with securing RUFC'S future, all this stone throwing needs to stop. I have highlighted the bits that are just personal Jibes, May I suggest to those of you that like to do this to private message it instead. It goes beyond Free speech and difference of opinion, it puts people off posting on here and just makes us all look bad/sad.Lets move on.

Last edited by Redjeff on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 am

Bob Marley wrote:Please see post from Bromsgrove Sporting forum...

Welcome with Open Arms

See you there!
[i]

We seriously have to consider following this example and starting all over again,as it stands we are just stumbling from 1 crisis to another,and one day we won't survive(many thanks to whoever paid E-ON,you saved our club for now)We have some great people at our club and with a few additions we could make this work.Now i do not want to see the end of Redditch United,but i want to see a team in the town for many years to come but under the current situation that won't happen,(not knocking Ken he's doing a good job,under impossible circumstances)we must make a decision before the end of the season,so we know where we stand and the FA,and before it is to late for any sort of club to keep a football team in the town.What road do we take? stay with what we got?or follow the example at Bromsgrove?.We all know we are going down so a choice must be made NOW.Keep up the great work at Bromsgrove.Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:16 am

del boy wrote:
Its widely accepted that the BBC has an extreme, liberal bias that exists to it's very core.

Try telling that to the old bird that was kicked off presenting countryfile! Shocked
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Have I missed a post from Marley somewhere here?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 pm

porrohman wrote:Have I missed a post from Marley somewhere here?
you'd think?

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:27 pm

del boy wrote:And don’t worry about having to stand on a terrace amongst people like me…I have no interest in attending another game for the foreseeable future.

Nothing like a Die Hard fan! plight of redditch 58547
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next