Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC.

+3
in2thevalley
Redditch Events
porrohman
7 posters

Go down

PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC. Empty PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC.

Post  porrohman Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 am

LOYAL SPARTAN OFFERS HELPING HAND TO STRUGGLING REDS ……

In these times of financial hardship, throughout all levels of football, not just limited to the non-league tiers and with clubs the length and breadth of the country struggling to keep their heads above water, it is both humbling and heart warming to know that there are still TRUE fans of the game who are prepared to dig deep and support not only their own club but others in financial difficulty.

The current financial situation at Blue Square Bet North League club, Redditch Utd F.C. has been well publicised in recent weeks after club Chairman, Ken Rae, took the brave but necessary decision to cut the playing budget to 'ZERO' in order to save the club from further debt and in an effort to get things at the club back on a stable financial footing for the future.

On Tuesday morning, shortly before Redditch's newly formed young squad (average age 19 years) set off on the long trip north to Blyth Spartans, Club Secretary, Tim Delaney, received an unbelievable call out of the blue from Spartan's fan, George Robson.

George is a lifelong Blyth Spartans supporter who regularly attends games at Croft Park and also sponsors many of their matches, the call from George was basically to say that he was saddened to hear the news of Redditch's financial plight and that as an avid fan of non-league football he wanted to offer his support to Redditch Utd by paying for their first team coach to the game at Blyth on Tuesday evening, this, George said, was "merely a gesture to help out a fellow club in trouble as at the end of the day we are all in it together "

Reds Secretary, Tim, said of George's offer, "it was an amazing call out of the blue, I was literally just leaving the house to meet up with the first team coach en route to Blyth when my phone rang, I recognised the number as a Blyth area code and I feared that it was a call to say that the game was in doubt or some other problem but when George introduced himself to me then made his wonderful offer I was literally speechless" Tim added, "for a supporter of one club who pledges his support and money to them on a regular basis to even consider another's plight is truly humbling and restores ones faith in human kind. I had the privilege to meet George after the match as I wanted to shake his hand and personally thank him on behalf of our club for his fantastic gesture and as I could tell from the telephone conversation we had earlier that day, he was a true gentleman and an honourable man whom it was a privilege to meet, I also introduced him to our Directors, first team manager and some of the staff and supporters that had travelled to the game and they in turn showed their gratitude and appreciation of his amazing support of our club" Tim added, "Blyth deservedly won the game 2 vs 0 with 2 goals from Paul Brayson but our lads acquitted themselves very well and with a little more luck in the 2nd half we may well have nicked a goal back. After going behind in the 2nd minute the young players we now have at the club could easily have dropped their heads and it could have been a cricket score but they dug deep and kept going for the full 90 minutes, keeping a clean sheet in the 2nd half – not bad considering they didn't get paid A SINGLE PENNY and had to endure an 11 hour round trip to boot"

porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC. Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC.

Post  Redditch Events Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 am

Great to see their support Beer Cheers
Redditch Events
Redditch Events
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/redditch

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC. Empty Re: PLEASE READ THIS....INCREDIBLE...Press Release from RUFC.

Post  in2thevalley Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

George is a lifelong Blyth Spartans supporter who regularly attends games at Croft Park and also sponsors many of their matches, the call from George was basically to say that he was saddened to hear the news of Redditch's financial plight and that as an avid fan of non-league football he wanted to offer his support to Redditch Utd by paying for their first team coach to the game at Blyth on Tuesday evening, this, George said, was "merely a gesture to help out a fellow club in trouble as at the end of the day we are all in it together "

What a fantastic gesture. Thank you very much George Very Happy

in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Wow! What a man! Bow down
We need more people like him in this level of football.
Beer Cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:43 am

Absolutely speechless! What a top gesture! Cheers George Beer Cheers
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 am

Speechless, maybe there is a lesson there for a few Redditch People to learn from.
It just shows that what we are trying to save goes beyond competition and petty grudges, If someone from the other end of the country can throw there support behind us then I am damn sure cant see why we lack so much support in Redditch.
Personally this makes me more determined to do the right thing, I hope it speaks the same to other people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 am

What a fantastic gesture George and all i can say is thankyou,and the very best of luck v Gateshead and may you go all the way and win the FA Trophy.Dennis Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:59 am

Redjeff wrote:Speechless, maybe there is a lesson there for a few Redditch People to learn from.
It just shows that what we are trying to save goes beyond competition and petty grudges, If someone from the other end of the country can throw there support behind us then I am damn sure cant see why we lack so much support in Redditch.
Personally this makes me more determined to do the right thing, I hope it speaks the same to other people.

I echo your sentiment Jeff
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 am

If someone in the club shop/trust can sort out sending the guy a scarf or pennant or something as a small token of thanks from the fans I will happily pay for it.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:29 am

I vote for a Pennant and a thank you card.

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 am

JBS, We'll sort that out from the TRUST..thanks for the offer.
Can anyone recall discussions at the TRUST meeting about the brewery bill that the TRUST paid? If you recall we all decided it was worth paying because we wanted the fans of the team we were playing 3 days later to be able to have a beer after their long trip down...that team?...Blyth Spartans.
How glad am I we did that now!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:41 am

Totally agree, sometimes its hard to make decisions like paying the Bar Bill(I remember very well) and the same with putting food on for the Boston lot. Sometimes these Decisions can bite you on the backside but sometimes people recognise the effort we put in and it shows with this very generous Gift from a true Human Being, It feels so good to have good news stories on here and selfless acts like green playing the other night(when clearly he did not need to + the 11 hour round trip ),Redhead donning his boots for the course, Ted Striker donating a fantastic collection of Programmes and now a complete stranger helping us out. we should all feel very proud of what we have at the Valley, I know I Do. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 am

Redjeff wrote:Speechless, maybe there is a lesson there for a few Redditch People to learn from.
very well put redjeff,i hope people take on board what you have said.

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:05 am

Redjeff wrote:I vote for a Pennant and a thank you card.

Pennant is available. Agree with a thank-you card. Wonderful gesture. Bow down Bow down
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 am

JBS wrote:If someone in the club shop/trust can sort out sending the guy a scarf or pennant or something as a small token of thanks from the fans I will happily pay for it.

Just had a delivery of scarves. (No problem on that score) when do you want the items?????
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:16 am

Fantastic gesture by George and one that is greatly appreciated. I also hope the club invite him down for a game before the end of the season and look after him, I know we are not playing Blyth but that would really show that we appreciate that gesture as a guest of honour and wined and dined (but not at the Solihull Moors Dog Van Very Happy )
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 am

in2thevalley wrote:
JBS wrote:If someone in the club shop/trust can sort out sending the guy a scarf or pennant or something as a small token of thanks from the fans I will happily pay for it.

Just had a delivery of scarves. (No problem on that score) when do you want the items?????

I think porrohman said he was going to sort it?

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down