Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyde on the brink?

+4
in2thevalley
rawlings09
porrohman
Bob Marley
8 posters

Go down

Hyde on the brink? Empty Hyde on the brink?

Post  Bob Marley Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 am

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Hyde on the brink? Empty Re: Hyde on the brink?

Post  Bob Marley Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 am

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:26 am

I met Hydes Chairman and his wife when they played here, really nice people...I sensed he was a bit agitated then with things going on.
Hope they sort it.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:27 am

Hope so to but doesn't look good...even the supporters club is falling out!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 am

Knowing our luck with Hyde, Stafford and possibly one or two others, we'll say in this league!! Head against wall
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 pm

rawlings09 wrote:Knowing our luck with Hyde, Stafford and possibly one or two others, we'll say in this league!! Head against wall

When your luck is out boy is it out... Very Happy The way things are progressing with teams this season, we may even get promoted Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter Crying with laughter
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:28 am

rawlings09 wrote:Knowing our luck with Hyde, Stafford and possibly one or two others, we'll say in this league!! Head against wall

Well, Ilkeston already gone, so would only take 2 others!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:32 am

allotmentender wrote:

Well, Ilkeston already gone, so would only take 2 others!!!

May be one other, with stafford rangers on the brink..
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 am

If Hyde and Stafford did go bust would we stay in the Conference North or can we simply not afford to as things stand? On the slim chance we get reprieved I reckon the club should look for investment throughout the summer to try and retain our Conference North place which we've battled for many seasons to keep and if nothing comes about then request to go down the leagues.
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 pm

^^^

If Hyde and Stafford do go and give us YET ANOTHER REPRIVE, it will only delay the inevitable.

The real question is do we want to stay in the CN for another season? Would relegation really be such a bad thing?

Financially, the CN sponsorship money brings in 15k a year… apparently? Someone posted this point recently; sorry but I can’t remember who! The Southern League gives no such dividend.

Travel costs must be huge for our club. In reality, based on our location, we are effectively playing in a national league in English Football. You could stick us in the Conference North, Conference South or Conference National…………you could even stick us in the Premier League and our travel costs would be no different to what they are now.

We may lose sponsorship money in the Southern League, but we may benefit from lower travel costs, more local fixtures, better crowds etc.

As I’ve said before, I believe that we will struggle in the Southern League Premier, but it does at least give the club a better opportunity to regroup, take stock, and maybe improve results on the pitch?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Terrace Guy wrote:If Hyde and Stafford did go bust would we stay in the Conference North or can we simply not afford to as things stand? On the slim chance we get reprieved I reckon the club should look for investment throughout the summer to try and retain our Conference North place which we've battled for many seasons to keep and if nothing comes about then request to go down the leagues.
+1
Great idea!!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:14 pm

del boy wrote:^^^

If Hyde and Stafford do go and give us YET ANOTHER REPRIVE, it will only delay the inevitable.

The real question is do we want to stay in the CN for another season? Would relegation really be such a bad thing?

Financially, the CN sponsorship money brings in 15k a year… apparently? Someone posted this point recently; sorry but I can’t remember who! The Southern League gives no such dividend.

Travel costs must be huge for our club. In reality, based on our location, we are effectively playing in a national league in English Football. You could stick us in the Conference North, Conference South or Conference National…………you could even stick us in the Premier League and our travel costs would be no different to what they are now.

We may lose sponsorship money in the Southern League, but we may benefit from lower travel costs, more local fixtures, better crowds etc.

As I’ve said before, I believe that we will struggle in the Southern League Premier, but it does at least give the club a better opportunity to regroup, take stock, and maybe improve results on the pitch?
I'd rather have to travel south than north, just the name north depress's me. The Travel may not change much but players wages will be less and gate numbers more, south locations will encourage more of us to travel and we will compete with more teams than we can right now. I'd love to see us stay where we are but that now needs lots of money to happen, who he believes that's going to happen?

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Redjeff wrote:
del boy wrote:^^^

I'd rather have to travel south than north, just the name north depress's me. The Travel may not change much but players wages will be less and gate numbers more, south locations will encourage more of us to travel and we will compete with more teams than we can right now. I'd love to see us stay where we are but that now needs lots of money to happen, who he believes that's going to happen?

I'd say South is going to also cost money, Dover, Dorchester, Truro potentially etc. Worcester struggled in the South and wanted to come back North as the crowds were shockingly bad.

If we are reprieved then we should stay. Next season in Conf North could possibily be a bonanza with Halifax almost certainly up who average almost 1700, FCUM in the mix for the playoffs who average just under 2,000.Potentially Leamington and Hednesford from the Zam as well added to Nuneaton, Telford, Boston who are not all going to go up. Yes we may struggle but I am all for the highest level of football being played by the club.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:08 pm

I think it is vital to stay in the BSN.

We have said all along, across the 3 Divisions, something has to give...

Added to what Lee has said, teams coming up will swell the matchday income and the bottom of this league is no diiferent to the bottom of the league below - same travel cost etc with no league income.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't....but always try to compete at the highest level possible.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 am

Agree with both of you as we are damned if we do and damned if we don't, but can we rely solely on away fans through the gate? (what has to change to get Redditch People back?)
My point with south is I prefer south to north(not football related at all,just personal preference) and my geography is ok (although intothevalley's should be better than mine!!).
I also agree that we should play at the highest standard possible(but are we actually playing that standard or trying not to drown), At times its looked like youth playing in senior games. People leave because the fun has gone for them (this is after all an entertainment based business), I can imagine that when people read in the paper that RUFC stay in this league because of default they will just see another season like this, grown and stay away. I can also see people who are still here maybe doing the same, My whole point is that a change may be good(it may not) and may make people think "well this is something new, I should check it out". Either way and where ever we are I will still come and follow the Reds, Sometimes though I like to look from an outsiders point of view and what may make them change there minds about coming to the Valley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:54 am

Fair point Jeff....same old may not encourage folk to 'see what's new'...we shall see what happens, especially with other teams in worse financial positions than ours.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 am

Redjeff wrote: (what has to change to get Redditch People back?)
Redditch United 2 - 0 Solihull Moors
Stafford Rangers 1 - 2 Redditch United
Hyde United 0 - 1 Redditch United
Gainsborough 1 - 1 Redditch United
and so on... basically, all we need them to do is pick up a paper, turn it to the back, and see "Redditch United win 5 in a row"
Sorted Very Happy
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:18 am

rawlings09 wrote:
Redjeff wrote: (what has to change to get Redditch People back?)
Redditch United 2 - 0 Solihull Moors
Stafford Rangers 1 - 2 Redditch United
Hyde United 0 - 1 Redditch United
Gainsborough 1 - 1 Redditch United
and so on... basically, all we need them to do is pick up a paper, turn it to the back, and see "Redditch United win 5 in a row"
Sorted Very Happy
Ha Ha bet you don't put that down for your predictions? Smile Its fair to say things might have been different if we'd started with the set up and pay structure we have now, Maybe if all clubs demand to pay less wages there may be hope yet(for all teams).

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:02 am

Ofcourse not! Last time i had faith in Redditch, i lost the chance to go 6 points clear at the top Sad violin
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down