Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press conference from Saturday 19th March

5 posters

Go down

Press conference from Saturday 19th March Empty Press conference from Saturday 19th March

Post  Bob Marley Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:28 pm

I have not seen any press comments post the press conference on Saturday? am I missing something?

I am sure there were some questions asked but I can not see/find anything....fingers was surely involved?

Can anyone help me? Sad
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Press conference from Saturday 19th March Empty Re: Press conference from Saturday 19th March

Post  rawlings09 Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm also suprised of no press release news? Sad
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Press conference from Saturday 19th March Empty Re: Press conference from Saturday 19th March

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 am

Bob Marley wrote:I have not seen any press comments post the press conference on Saturday? am I missing something?

I am sure there were some questions asked but I can not see/find anything....fingers was surely involved?

Can anyone help me? Sad
Same hear mate, I have got the Redditch Advertiser which has some of it. I will scan and have up in the archive later today Steve.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:30 am

Bob Marley wrote:I have not seen any press comments post the press conference on Saturday? am I missing something?

Can anyone help me? Sad

Fingers was at the press conference as I was talking to him before the game on Saturday and he said it would be in the Advertiser. Not seen it yet though but I thought the aim of a press conference was for it to be widely reported??!! Head against wall
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:10 am

Spot on, couldn't agree more. There's no point pouring in money to a business that has no chance of sustaining itself. We aren't a charity, or a public service.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am

press releases from the last two weeks can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=101031&id=1140579742

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Very impressed with the comments...I agree 100% with what Mr Chairman has said.

As we discussed many times, we do not want to throw good money after bad.

We will now have a set of management accounts and the business side will be managed accordingly.

From the management accounts made for the Plan B, expenditure was around 140k with a playing budget at 1k, with a couple of 3G pitches..the income stream becomes easier to achieve.

What is crucial is the quality of the offer...people buy the apple I-phone because of the quality (and not some cheap, Chinese rubbish)....we have to consider this with admission versus quality of product on offer.

I can watch Sunday league players for free.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
What is crucial is the quality of the offer...people buy the apple I-phone because of the quality (and not some cheap, Chinese rubbish)....we have to consider this with admission versus quality of product on offer.

I can watch Sunday league players for free.

A number of the current players would just about survive in the Redditch & South Warwks Premier League Wink
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Exactly, Leethal.

If you look at Bromsgrove Sporting, they charge $3 admission and get 320ish at Mid Com level = $900 ish.

We charge $9 and get 120 (full payers) = $1100 ish.

If we charged $5 for the 1st 5 home games of next season and drew 300 per game (full payers), income will grow to $1500 ish and more people might just get the 'buzz'.
More people in, more catering, more bar profit...same old things.

I really believe we need the punters in 1st to bring the revenue to improve the team and spiral upwards...not the other way around, which brings no guarantees.

I would suggest Mark should be organising high profile pre-seasons now...I am sure Man U would support another Jimmy Davis Memorial Trophy game (sponsored by TRUST?)...Hyde's links to the Blues...Chris' links to Derby County....I would also suggest Bromsgrove Sporting (local rivalry)...If we can get something going pre-season, it gives more funds for the manager to assemble the team to draw the punters in the early games...especially with a '$25 - 5 game ticket'...with some early victories, the roll up starts from there.

Summer concert must also be high on the agenda...Happy Accident, Twelth Wreck etc would all play for free for their exposure.
1000 tickets at $5 each = $5000...not a bad start for the new manager!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down