Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pitch Renovations

+10
StockportReds
in2thevalley
allotmentender
Bob Marley
Captain Carlin
adiy price
del boy
fenners
Redditchbluenose86
rawlings09
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pitch Renovations  Empty Pitch Renovations

Post  Guest Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 am

At 7.30am Work to improve the Pitch commenced, Although its not a complete rip up and relay it will be a massive improvement to the look and play. The main areas that have been done are both Goal Areas, The Centre Circle, The middle area leading from the centre circle to the Allotment End Goal and the two Touch Lines where Warn. These areas were broken up, levelled, Seeded and Treated, the whole Pitch was then seeded and Treated with 12 sack off sports seed. All being well we shall have a full head of Hair in about 2/3 weeks, and a pitch that is a lot more level than it was. All in all a good step in the right direction.
[img]Pitch Renovations  2011-010[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-011[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-012[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-013[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-014[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-015[/img]

Back to top Go down

Pitch Renovations  Empty Re: Pitch Renovations

Post  rawlings09 Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 am

Can't wait untill it's all grown!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu May 19, 2011 9:13 am

Nice one for the pics Jeff!
Great to see that all systems are go still, can't wait to see the difference in a few months time.

I bet Fenner's is rocking back and forth in his chair on the allotment end, chewing a tooth pick and rifle in hand, waiting for the pigeons to arrive!

O&U!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fenners Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Does anyone know where Roger has gone as I could do with him and his cymbals to help me scare those darn pigeons away
Senile Baseball Bat

fenners
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu May 19, 2011 1:23 pm

The state of our pitch has been used as an excuse for defeat (by away fans) on more than a few occasions over the years! I’m looking forward to seeing what alternative excuses we can expect to hear of next season!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Thu May 19, 2011 1:38 pm

del boy wrote:The state of our pitch has been used as an excuse for defeat (by away fans) on more than a few occasions over the years! I’m looking forward to seeing what alternative excuses we can expect to hear of next season!
+ 1 maybe they'll come out with the truth and just say we're the better team but doubt it
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 pm

To be honest I'm a little surprised (disappointed?).

For some reason I thought from previous discussions/comments/statements the whole pitch was being 'deep-dug', relaid/reseeded rather than getting a road (patch repair) bodge job.

Hope I'm wrong and the seeds suddenley start to grow down the wing on the compacted ground this year (they haven't seemed to before) to compliment the work that is being done.
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Fri May 20, 2011 12:11 am

if i remember right from the trust agm, fenners spoke about work being done on the pitch and he never said the whole pitch was being done, having been there when the contractors spoke about what needed doing they said this was more than good enough. all being well come the start of the season we will have the best pitch in the league 1 we can all be proud of I love you
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 9:56 am

Its been like a scene from Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" today down at the valley,I think the pigeons down the Valley put the word out to there cousins up in the Town Centre and the lot came down for some free grub!!
I think "bodge job" is not quite right, its not the same as filling a hole with tarmac at all and the technique used is a tried and tested one.
At this point it makes no sense to spend thousands on relaying the pitch, the big difference is that now the club can afford to water the pitch properly and this is already showing results.The most warn areas are now sorted which leaves just a few minor dips, but when the seed grows these will improve.
In between doings jobs in the clubhouse I have been making progress with the shop renovations, most of the work should be complete next week but here are some pics to show what progress has been made.
[img]Pitch Renovations  2011-016[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-017[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-018[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-019[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-020[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-021[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-022[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

This is absolutley BRILLIANT - Jeff, you are a legend!

The idea of the museum alongside the vibrant club shop is wonderful and will continue to create interest and income for TRUST.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Pitch Renovations  2011-014
It still looks the same Crying or Very sad
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 1:21 am

allotmentender wrote:Pitch Renovations  2011-014
It still looks the same Crying or Very sad
Until the seed grows it will, soil is the same colour what ever you do to it. Maybe what the photo does not show is how level these areas now are,if people want to they can go down and have a look. The whole pitch has had some form of restoration and will be better than it has been for years, i feel the major factor that people have missed is we never wanted Swan to spend limitless amounts of money as that is NOT sustainable and Swan has said that he wont. If we want more we need to get more people through the gate, each and every one of us can help with this by encouraging NEW and Old faces down to the Valley for the new season. Its in our Hands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 am

This could have been a photo at the end of the season after the goalposts were removed by the bailiffs!!

Things aren't so bad!
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sat May 21, 2011 3:29 am

Excellent pictures of the transformation of the valley. Come next week (half term) we will be down the Valley to help.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Thu May 26, 2011 1:39 pm

just to let u know the grass is now showing through, jeff's took a couple of photos i expect them on here in the next 24 hours Very Happy sorry all but still want more rain Sad
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 27, 2011 2:23 pm

adiy price wrote:just to let u know the grass is now showing through, jeff's took a couple of photos i expect them on here in the next 24 hours Very Happy sorry all but still want more rain Sad
Here are the little babies, and by 6pm today the centre circle had almost completely turned to a light green colour(thank god for rain!!!) [img]Pitch Renovations  2011-023[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-024[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-025[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-026[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Mon May 30, 2011 8:09 am

after all the rain we've had today the pitch looks green all over I love you i'm sure jeff will take pics later but even if u were down yesterday i'm sure you'll all see a big diffrence Very Happy
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 9:47 am

Pitch Photo update.[img]Pitch Renovations  2011-033[/img]
These two were taken from the roof of the main stand whilst Full of sh*t myself on what can only be described as a third world elevator during painting of the main stand.[img]Pitch Renovations  2011-034[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-035[/img]
and here is the expectant parents viewing the little babies!! [img]Pitch Renovations  2011-036[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  StockportReds Tue May 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks for all the photo updates Jeff Beer Cheers

UTR
StockportReds
StockportReds
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue May 31, 2011 1:16 pm

Did they seed the whole pitch? What about the goalmouths being levelled?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Leethall wrote:Did they seed the whole pitch? What about the goalmouths being levelled?
yes and yes Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:16 am

[img]Pitch Renovations  2011-037[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-038[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-039[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-040[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:25 am

The Pitch Had its first cut yesterday and to celebrate adiy had his hair cut to match,the whole place is starting to look pretty good and tidy.more pics next week guy's. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:02 am

fantastic effort .
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:30 am

pitch update
[img]Pitch Renovations  2011-052[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-053[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-054[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-055[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-056[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-057[/img][img]Pitch Renovations  2011-058[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next