Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNOFFICIALLY LOCKED?

+11
Tim_S
littleworthred
Leethall
Mrs Moor
rawlings09
del boy
Mr Bonehead
Redditchbluenose86
redditch born
porrohman
ROWLY1971
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UNOFFICIALLY LOCKED? Empty UNOFFICIALLY LOCKED?

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 am

Why has an Unofficial Forum LOCKED a topic?

I see the Josh one carries on but the new assistant manager one is LOCKED.

Who locked it, and why. Or were they told to by someone.

You know what Jim Royale would say about this.....
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

UNOFFICIALLY LOCKED? Empty Re: UNOFFICIALLY LOCKED?

Post  porrohman Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:52 am

Locked topics are normal on unofficial and official forums. The unofficial doesn't mean it's open house. It's Tim or Andy as I see it who are the mods,it's only them that can do it as far as I'm aware. Rowly you have more intelligence than to suggest someone told them to it. Its our forum not the clubs. If someone from the club asked us to close it down they'd get a very short answer and it wouldn't be yes.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:13 am

Porro, I may indeed be of too much intelligence to suggest that, but also I am of not enough to know WHY any or either mod would lock this topic....
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Why cant I add a post??? Hope you who ever locked it can answer? Keep it simple pls
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:04 pm

porrohman wrote:Locked topics are normal on unofficial and official forums. The unofficial doesn't mean it's open house. It's Tim or Andy as I see it who are the mods,it's only them that can do it as far as I'm aware. Rowly you have more intelligence than to suggest someone told them to it. Its our forum not the clubs. If someone from the club asked us to close it down they'd get a very short answer and it wouldn't be yes.

Porrohman Without doubt you are the most anoying person on here!!! Like it or not mate but its rowlys and mine too! Who the hell do you think you are? You are rude to new posters who give a opinion that you dont like, came to think on it your just down right rude to any new poster! and thats being kind to you!!! as a redditch united supporter I hate to tell you but your the new kid on the block. You dont know who you sl==g off so get a life and stop it you are way way out of order!!!
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I locked the topic because posts were getting repetitive.
YES we know we've had 3 sets of management team in 6 months.
YES we know Curly is in the dugout during games (which makes me wonder how pindick knows? Obviously has been to recent games)
YES alot of players were released after S&S left.
YES we know it seems to have contradicted what some people said at the start of the season.
YES we know these things, because EVERY thread created by newbies contains the same sh*t as listed above!!

It's got to the stage now where you are ruining this forum, clogging up the place with the same statements you posted the day before.
I gave you all the benefit of the doubt, and the right to exercise freedom of speech.
BUT, you've abused this privilege by dragging up the same old cack every other day, albeit worded differently.

You ALL had your chance to put these conspiracy theories to the man himself a few weeks back, but shock horror you all flapped it/ had other things to do/ couldn't be arsed etc.
However, your time spent composing such repetitive shite could have been typed into a program called Outlook Express and sent to Chris Swan himself. So no excuses for failing the above actions.

I've got NO links to the club what so ever, and I could easily call for alibies to back up my response to past requests from the club regarding the forum.

We are ALL supposed to be fans of the club, yet your posts seem to be directed at the rest of the fanbase of RUFC, attacking us for having our own opinion.
Whilst respecting your opinion, you have to respect other's that tend to disagree. Repeating the same accusations does nothing but waste EVERYONE'S time (mostly yours).

In a nutshell - forward your problems to someone that can provide you with the answer (the chairman) instead of trying to alienate the perception of the rest of the fans of 'YOUR' club.

Redditch United - You'll find contact details here. It's amazing what google can find.

Last edited by Redditchbluenose86 on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:19 pm

And before I get called a keyboard warrior, I'd gladly say the above to anyone in person on matchday.

No veiled threat, no aggression intended, just showing I'm not hiding behind my phone/laptop.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Bonehead Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:I locked the topic because posts were getting repetitive.
YES we know we've had 3 sets of management team in 6 months.
YES we know Curly is in the dugout during games (which makes me wider how pindick knows? Obviously has been to recent games)
YES alot of players were released after S&S left.
YES we know it seems to have contradicted what some people said at the start of the season.
YES we know these things, because EVERY thread created by newbies contains the same sh*t as listed above!!

It's got to the stage now where you are ruining this forum, clogging up the place with the same statements you posted the day before.
I gave you all the benefit of the doubt, and the right to exercise freedom of speech.
BUT, you've abused this privilege by dragging up the same old cack every other day, albeit worded differently.

You ALL had your chance to put these conspiracy theories to the man himself a few weeks back, but shock horror you all flapped it/ had other things to do/ couldn't be arsed etc.
However, your time spent composing such repetitive shite could have been typed into a program called Outlook Express and sent to Chris Swan himself. So no excuses for failing the above actions.

I've got NO links to the club what so ever, and I could easily call for alibies to back up my response to past requests from the club regarding the forum.

We are ALL supposed to be fans of the club, yet your posts seem to be directed at the rest of the fanbase of RUFC, attacking us for having our own opinion.
Whilst respecting your opinion, you have to respect other's that tend to disagree. Repeating the same accusations does nothing but waste EVERYONE'S time (mostly yours).

In a nutshell - forward your problems to someone that can provide you with the answer (the chairman) instead of trying to alienate the perception of the rest of the fans of 'YOUR' club.

Redditch United - You'll find contact details here. It's amazing what google can find.

On the old forum many of the posters on here (myself included at times) kept banging on about the same subject. e.g Merger with Bromsgrove, how the Club was run. This was because those forum users believed in what they were saying and it was for the good of the Club. They were often shouted down by people who were supporters of the then management team (remember Dazza?) as negative, sh*t stirring etc. However undaunted by this criticism these individuals continued their attacks on those running Redditch United, which for the most part I feel were justified. Now we fast forward a few years and those very same individuals are leading the condemnation of those who criticise the club and demand it should stop. You may not agree with what is being said but please can they not be afforded the same right to air their views as you were able to do so vociferously before?

For the record, so you know where I stand I think we owe a lot to Chris Swann. Simon Redhead was treated a bit harshly as was Martin Sockett. Jury still on current incumbents but I guess we've got to give them a chance.

Apologies if the above pre-dates some of our newer die hard supporters but ask around and I'm sure someone can bring you up to scratch.
Mr Bonehead
Mr Bonehead
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:00 pm

The merger was an on-going issue, and people were debating the best route for the club.
As much as the club was questioned about what was happening regarding the merger, those questions went unanswered or side stepped. Note the questions were actually put to the club via phone, in person (via meetings with fans), and emailed etc.

I'd put money on it that not ONE of the recent concerns has been voiced directly to the club. If they had, then they would have been answered by Chris.

My point Mr Bonehead, is that these concerns (if they really are concerns to those airing them), are being aimed at the rest of us FANS who can't give the answers.
IF, and I stress IF, these were genuine concerns to people, then why not ask the person who makes these decisions instead of coming on here, out of the blue, stating "the club is a joke" / "the club is heading to the midland alliance" etc. etc. etc.

It does no one any favours by airing via a supporters forum. I'd have total respect for anyone who says "I sent Mr Swan this email........and his reply was..........".
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 pm

In the past, on this forum and the last one, I used to read pretty much every single post. Recently, I don’t bother. I can tell pretty quickly if I should concern myself with the latest thread. There is an awful lot of shite posted on here now.

Why did we all move away from the old forum? The main reason was because there was nobody moderating it. Now we have a couple of guys moderating on here, and they are getting criticised for doing so! Talk about a no win situation!!!! Ironically, the old forum didn’t need to be moderated!

In the past, I’ve had plenty of posters strongly disagreeing with me and shouting me down. But back then, moderating posts was never an issue. It is not simply about writing a point of view that differs from the majority. Honestly, a lot of posts on here have been rather personal in their focus, and at times, bordering on slanderous.

In my opinion and in general, I like to read and contribute on well moderated forums. Anyone who is a member of the “free speech” brigade, and doesn’t like threads being locked, removed etc, you are more than welcome to set up your own Redditch United forum. Then everyone will have a choice…..you can contribute on a moderated forum or you can contribute on a liberal, anything goes forum. I’d bet good money which forum would be the better.

P.S. As a suggestion, a lot of forums have a ‘stickied’ post that explains what is acceptable and what is not. A new poster on joining agrees to abide by the forum rules. If they don’t, then tough!!!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:It does no one any favours by airing via a supporters forum. I'd have total respect for anyone who says "I sent Mr Swan this email........and his reply was..........".

Or how about " I went up to Chris on Matchday and said to his face .... and he said to me....."

As someone recently put... keep it off the forum if you're not prepared to say it to someones face, i'm guilty of that i admit, but i see what you mean, Andy, about new posters making attacks on Supporters, many of which have no links to the club at all and probably know as much as the person asking the question.

Home game tuesday fellas, i expect to see a queue of people around chris swan airing their views...

Too many prize fighters and all that... Rolling Eyes

For the Record i will Always be on the side of the clubs.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Lots of different opinions so far on this one.......
I will inform people here of Mr Swans reply when I ask him about stepping up his management team to the numbers it was at when he said it was too big, if I get one.

Please though dont make this a forum where anybody who asks a question regarding the club gets told to ask Swanny himself, or a team question to ask 1 of the 3 running it, that would indeed make this a dull old place.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:53 pm

and just for the record..... thank you for your reply Porro... and I think youre out of order Redditch Born for your post about him. If you read his reply to my post I think he has answered it fairly and well, I do hope you have misread it and got the wrong end of the stick RB
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Rowly, it's not about the nature of the questions.
It's the fact these questions are repeated in every thread and post, and makes for very monotonous reading.

If you have forwarded your questions and concerns to Mr Swan then fair play, and I look forward to hearing his response.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:32 pm

rawlings09 wrote:Or how about " I went up to Chris on Matchday and said to his face .... and he said to me....."

But what if like me you only have a general interest and don't see Chris on matchdays or like Leethal you attend Stratford games instead of Redditch games so won't get the chance. ?

If you don't like it don't read it,

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:Or how about " I went up to Chris on Matchday and said to his face .... and he said to me....."

But what if like me you only have a general interest and don't see Chris on matchdays or like Leethal you attend Stratford games instead of Redditch games so won't get the chance. ?

General interest? Bit of an understatement Laughing

Not saying everything should be forwarded to Chris, but the questions that only he can answer should be. (ie extra member of managent team).

If you're REALLY bugged by an issue at RUFC and can't get an accurate answer on here, then maybe an email to the club would be your best option.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:25 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:Rowly, it's not about the nature of the questions.
It's the fact these questions are repeated in every thread and post, and makes for very monotonous reading.

If you have forwarded your questions and concerns to Mr Swan then fair play, and I look forward to hearing his response.

Mr Bluenose you are right sometimes I do get repetavie you know why? becouse some members on here bully and abuse every time i post! and im feed up of it!! look at my posts never been rude never slated someones elses opinion not the way I was brought up mate. didnt know you was a mod you seem to have the power to stop a thead if in your opinion its getting boaring. But you got no powers to stop offensive posts????? some only a couple of the older posters ( you not included) are out of order! The well being of Redditch is all I care about comings and goings I pass my views isnt that what we are sopose to do on a forum???? if you really care about it do something about the posters on here who are rude and ofensive. unless you dont want Redditch fans on here? then change the name of the forum! by the way I have spoken to Mr Swan have you???????
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
But what if like me you only have a general interest

It seems more of an obsession than an intrest, general intrest wouldn't mean pretty much daily posts and having a pop at the club, although you'll have to tell me what your "general intrest" is in the club.

If i don't like it, don't read it? what's that about?... This is a forum... chances are if i see a new post, i'll read it Shocked Then i'll decide after i read it whether i like it or not... No disrepect either, but who are you to tell me what to do?

I'm sure no one from this forum has had a go at Solihull Moors via your forum... or if they did i'm sure they'd expect the same response as you got here...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:

Mrs Moor, I actually attend a number of games at non league level. Yes I follow Redditch but watch a lot of non league football. Saturday Stratford v RC Warwick and Sunday Evesham v Barwell. I have spoken to Chris on match days plenty of times thank you. My point to you to answer is you support and watch Solihull Moors, you never come to watch RUFC and all you do is post stuff you read of forums, websites etc. Maybe you would get more respect popping over to a game. I am sure to be over at the golf range shortly to watch a Solihoof game, I'll gladly let you know when and we can meet and have a beer and talk about your thoughts on RUFC?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:

Cant seem to find Swans email addy so I can ask him out right silent
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:

Cant seem to find Swans email addy so I can ask him out right silent
redditchutdfc@ymail.com
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 am

and that will get a reply from Mr Swan and not a minion will it.....
Thank you
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim_S Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:37 am

also info@chrisswan.net if you don't want to use the club one.....
Tim_S
Tim_S
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Ahhh thank you Tim... i will try that 1 first.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  pindick69 Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:57 pm

YES we know Curly is in the dugout during games (which makes me wonder how pindick knows? Obviously has been to recent games)

No that cant be true, The font of all knowledge Bob Marley has spoken and said I wasn't a supporter.

For the record, I thought Sockett was a terrible appointment, he had done nothing at any club he had been at before and I stand by the fact that the current incumbents were appointed because they were the easy yes man option.
The point I was trying to make in the locked thread was the complete lack of communication from the club. They say they want to be more open, yet someone climbs into the dugout and we are left to wonder. It also asks more questions than it answers in who we NOW need 3 again when we were told we didn't before.

pindick69
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum