Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reduced entry.

5 posters

Go down

Reduced entry. Empty Reduced entry.

Post  lewism5964 Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:57 pm

So I'm procrastinating like usual trying to avoid uni work and I've come across this report from a ground hopper of an old reds game from 2006. He says he went to the game due to the reduced entry which was 6 quid back then. I was wondering if the club has any plans to do a day reduced entry day or pay what you want? As it has been mentioned so many times but still not been done.

Here is the link to the report, Cedar looks pretty full in one photo.

http://tims92.webs.com/og032redditchunited.htm
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Reduced entry. Empty Re: Reduced entry.

Post  del boy Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Tim’s a local ground hopper so would have come to the Valley at some point anyway!! I’m a big fan of his site.

The club did reduce the admission for the last couple of games and we got two 700+ attendances. The thing is though, it was for two games that would have been very well attended anyway. Northwich were well supported, reasonably local, top of the league and it was near the end of the season. Against Barrow, it was a nail biting, last day, must win battle to avoid relegation (even though eventually it didn’t matter).

There is no point in dropping prices for games that are going to be well attended anyway, as these games were. To judge how well reducing prices works, it needs to be well publicised and done against an opponent where the crowd is likely to be small. Certainly worth a go in my opinion; on midweek league games, senior and league cup games etc.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  littleworthred Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:15 am

del boy wrote:Tim’s a local ground hopper so would have come to the Valley at some point anyway!! I’m a big fan of his site.

The club did reduce the admission for the last couple of games and we got two 700+ attendances. The thing is though, it was for two games that would have been very well attended anyway. Northwich were well supported, reasonably local, top of the league and it was near the end of the season. Against Barrow, it was a nail biting, last day, must win battle to avoid relegation (even though eventually it didn’t matter).

There is no point in dropping prices for games that are going to be well attended anyway, as these games were. To judge how well reducing prices works, it needs to be well publicised and done against an opponent where the crowd is likely to be small. Certainly worth a go in my opinion; on midweek league games, senior and league cup games etc.
Agree, this team would have brought that number anyway and We have had those numbers in the Cedar without reduced entry. The club have/are looking at some sort of offer and already have in place the family ticket for twelve pound for certain games, these dates will probably be nearer to the end of season. Remembering that our aim is to be sustainable we need to think carefully about which games to do this and may work in conjunction with off the field income streams just in case there is a loss (eg when we have a couple of weeks with good function bookings etc.), the club won't gamble with debt again. Very Happy
littleworthred
littleworthred
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 am

del boy wrote:Against Barrow, it was a nail biting, last day, must win battle to avoid relegation (even though eventually it didn’t matter).

That was an interesting scenario. Although that win meant that we finished ahead of Leigh RMI on goal difference (after they had a point deducted for fielding an ineligible player) and sent Leigh into the last relegation place despite their final-day win over champions Northwich, they got a reprieve due to the voluntary relegation of Canvey Island from the Conf Prem to Ryman Div 1. The controversial thing about that was the reprieve was given to Leigh RMI and not Carshalton Athletic, who finished in the highest relegation place in Conf South with 40 points, compared to Leigh's 39. I think the talk at the time was that Leigh were reprieved for geographical reasons. I just wonder what would have happened had we lost to Barrow and finished on 36 points instead of 39.

Incidentally, Carshalton have never since regained their Conference South status.

Last edited by ted striker on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further rambling nonsense added.)

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:15 am

Ted, its one of those precedents that flared up over the summer with the Bishops Stortford row.

At the time, relegating Leigh (as per the rules) would have meant putting Beford Town (I think) in the Conference North. I think Redditch would have been reprieved had they finished second bottom because the consequence of relegating Redditch or Leigh was the same.

Stortford argued that Stafford Rangers should have been reprieved last season, relegating Thurrock and keeping Stortford in the South, citing the Leigh RMI/Carshalton precedent of reprieving a team where the 'vacancy' is geographically, rather than on points per game/league poisiton.

I still think they got it right this time (moving Stortford) and the Leigh precedent (as much as I liked them as a club) sohould never have happened.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:35 am

Quite right Fingers. Teams shouldn't be reprieved for geographical expediency, it should be purely on merit.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down