Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

+19
lewism5964
littleworthred
nevergreen
in2thevalley
Mr Bonehead
mattim
SID SNOT
adiy price
redditch born
ROWLY1971
rawlings09
porrohman
fingers
Captain Carlin
Bob Marley
RockDJ
Leethall
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... Empty Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:02 am

Also a family ticket for £20 (2 adults 2 kids) as apposed to £12 last time.

Not the best time of year to implement an increase scratch

New Family Ticket Introduced and Small Rise in Match Day Admission Prices
Published on December 5, 2011 by redditchutd   ·   No Comments
The Club has announced that as from this Saturday’s match at home to Banbury United, it will be introducing a ‘Family Ticket’ for 2 Adults and 2 Children (under 16 years of age) at a cost of £20.00.  It will also be making a small increase in ALL match day admission prices to:

£10.00 Adults

£6.00 Concessions

£2.00 Under 16’s.

The club regrets this increase in price, especially in light of the current economic climate but since taking over the reigns at the club in March of this year, club Chairman, Vice Chairman and owners, Chris and Sallie Swan, have invested over £250,000 pounds of their own money to ensure the club is debt free and to improve the facilities at The Valley Stadium to a level that enhances the match day experience for fans.

The playing budget has also been increased significantly, enabling players of a higher quality to be brought in by the management team of Graham Hyde and Mark O’Callaghan, 5 of whom are now on contracts thus ensuring stability and continuity on the pitch and with a recent record of 4 wins and 1 draw in the last 7 matches in the league, this increased investment is reaping its rewards as the Reds climb the Premier League table.

With further ‘major’ investment in the club’s infrastructure planned for the future by Chris and Sallie, additional income is vital to ensure these plans can come to fruition and the £1.00 increase, across the board, on match day admission prices, is the fairest and easiest way to help ensure the necessary increase in income to help sustain the owner’s ambitions and help them achieve their ultimate goals for the club for the benefit of all involved.

The increase in admission prices is the first for some years, which when compared to the rate of increase of the cost of living, inflation, VAT and income tax in the same period is relatively small and it still means that the cost of watching football at The Valley Stadium is cheaper than that of many other teams in the EvoStik League (Southern) Premier Division, including some of those teams in a lower league position than ourselves and what it does do is help to secure the future investment in the club and will go a long way towards achieving the Chairman’s ultimate aim of the return of ‘Conference Football’ to The Valley Stadium within 5 years.

As a thank you to the club’s loyal supporters over the last ‘turbulent and traumatic’ 12 months, for the duration of the festive period, the Chairman has decided to reduce the draught beer, cider and bitter prices for the home matches against Banbury Utd on Saturday December 10th kick off 3pm and against Stourbridge F.C. on Boxing Day (Monday December 26th) kick off 3pm as follows;

-          Anytime up to kick off at 3pm – all draught beers, bitters and ciders will be £2.00 per pint

-          From 3pm till 6pm (including half time) – all draught beers, bitters and ciders will be £2.50 per pint

Whilst the club understands and appreciates that many supporters will have mixed feelings with regard to the admission price increase, it is hoped that the ‘True Reds Fans’ will understand the reasons behind this action and that they will back the Chairman and the club in this decision and they will embrace what the club is trying to achieve for the long term future of Redditch Utd F.C.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... Empty Re: Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  del boy Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 am

Reading the statement, I think they have justified the decision rather well. Nobody likes to see prices go up, but I agree that this is the right thing for the club to do. The half season ticket offer is also good value. With 12 home games left, it works out at £7.50 per game.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... Empty Re: Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:38 am

As much as it is justified it is a silly time to implement IMO. Attendances on the fall, I can see the amount they have invested but a little baffling.

I shall probably watch Stratford v Gresley on Sat as I want to see the former play
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:43 am

I agree that an increase in income is vital but this should be done with a strategic plan, not just by raising the entrance fee!

Was the Supporters TRUST consulted or even asked for their point of view?

‘If’ you get 200 people paying £9 the club receives an income of £1800
When increased to £10 you only have to lose 20 people to that increase (180 people at £10) to only generate the same income, if fact you actually lose as there are 20 people less spending at the bar or the snack outlet.

What do the club do to promote and gain a presence within the community, local businesses? I’m sure with a clear strategy something could be done to increase income.

How much funding / Grants do the club get via local associations I know there is significant funding available at groups such as the Health & Well Being?
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:15 am

I totally understand the reasons for the decision,but have to totally disagree with the decision.Ok there has not been an increase recently,but we have been fighting relegation and ultimatley went down.Does Mr Swann not realise we are still in recession,and Redditch has been hit very hard,people losing their jobs everyweek,and losing their homes.It is ok for him,he can drive around in a posh car,and i assume have a nice home to go with it,when alot of people can't afford a push bike.I know he put alot of money into RUFC,out of his own pocket,but he knew what he was getting into.All this will lead to is lower gates,the hardcore fan will understand,but the general public will just see it as another increase, for a team which is improving,but still struggling.Mr Swann you have got this seriously wrong,and surely you should set gate prices at the start of the season,not alter them halfway through.All you will do is force more people to stay away,because they can''t afford it,and maybe see gates drop even lower.IN my opinion this will prove a pr disaster.Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:56 am

Are we not back to the same old story? Senile

We were struggling at the start of the season and the players assembled by S&S were clearly not good enough.

Mr Swan makes a change and Mr Hyde improves the playing side...this costs money and the standard of player now on the books is reflected in our improving position in the league.

Have gates increased with the better performances? - NO

How do we fund the improving playing squad that everyone on here (except Mrs Bore) so desperately wants?

We struggle on the fund raising side (80's night/race night) with many fans choosing not to attend, so the net result is that the gate income must increase to pay for the product now being produced.

We can't have our cake and eat it guys....$2 is not the end of the world and it better to pay the extra across the hard core to get a better team on the field?

I do agree with the points of Rock DJ.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 am

I personally have no problem paying an extra £1, if it means we will see a consistent pattern of recent performances.
But given the time of year and climate (weather and financial), this could see our poor attendances dwindle further.
As RDJ said, it only takes 20 absentees to see this equal our usual gate income (minus bar and food takings).

Just wonder if it's worth it for an extra £200 (providing we pull attendances of at least 200).
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 am

No cost difference to me, I will just abstain from buying a golden goal ticket with the £1 in change I readily had to hand.
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:12 am

I would be very interested to know whether TRUST was consulted in this decision, and if they were, what was said by who.

There is no comment on TRUST's website yet.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:19 am

Andy, TRUST were not consulted. Advised prior to the decision being made official, which was appreciated, but played no part in the decision.
CC has hit the nail on the head. The golden goal will really struggle now.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 am

I know i'll get shot down by Rowley and a few others for not going against what the club does but as CC said, this won't make a difference to anyone that does the golden goal... Maybe offer a programme on the gate as part of the admission (£10 and a programme) or something like that?

By the looks of it, the club understands there is an economic struggle at the moment and they regret it doing the increase... but if it means we'll have a better team that wins games and climbs the league, people would pay £20 to watch a winning side...

Whilst it's not the most ideal time of year for the move, i can't see it affecting attendances too much because you only have to look on tv to see that we're not the only club struggling with the issue... blues get 17,000-20,000... West Brom... empty seats so it's all over the place that the economy is taking it's toll.

With the family ticket and half season ticket being put in place we may gain a few fans on that? It's only a quid... we'll see how it goes Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:48 am

RockDJ wrote:I agree that an increase in income is vital but this should be done with a strategic plan, not just by raising the entrance fee!

Was the Supporters TRUST consulted or even asked for their point of view?

‘If’ you get 200 people paying £9 the club receives an income of £1800
When increased to £10 you only have to lose 20 people to that increase (180 people at £10) to only generate the same income, if fact you actually lose as there are 20 people less spending at the bar or the snack outlet.

What do the club do to promote and gain a presence within the community, local businesses? I’m sure with a clear strategy something could be done to increase income.

How much funding / Grants do the club get via local associations I know there is significant funding available at groups such as the Health & Well Being?

Top Post Dave. Totally agree with this.

I really think as a club we are seeing similar past haunts in not seeing any promotion of the clubs games. I think a clear strategy is required but it seems like the club do not have one and that is likely because they have nobody with the relevant skills & capability to do so. This is an observation and not a pop at anybody.

The timing is as Andy & Dennis said earlier shocking in the current climate.

In response to Bob's point at the end of the day it is down to the powers that be at the club in managing the management team and how the budget was spent at the start of the season. The buck stops with them and they are accountable. Yes we have some better players now, maybe not every player and we still have some dross that should have been shipped out who are still here from the start of the season, Chicken & Egg this. The reasons the race night, 80's night failed are not the reasons to put up gate prices, these have failed due to a fundamental flaw in researching if this would work or not.....

As Mr Swan has said previously he would not supplement the budget from his own pocket, if Hyde has brought players in on contract and is paying out more as it is reported unofficially then the fans are now expected to fund this with an increase. Will just mean the club will not get the £1 on the golden goal , people buying programmes, purchasing food or a pint.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:48 am

I'm not expecting my opinion to be valued by too many here but I'm expressing it none the less because I'm entitled to.

I think it's a massive Christmas clanger by Swan on many levels and once again adds weight to the argument he is making it up as he goes along because it's football and not the business he is used to.

Why were the Trust not consulted only informed?

Why try and palm it off to having better players who in turn demand better wages but also bring better results? Is this admission that Hyde has indeed broke budget limits and got away with it? Good run of form lately yes, but only over a handful of games, and we all know if results drop the entrance won't go back to £9 like they were before. I also find Swans quote of True Red Fans understanding being manipulative. Almost making anybody who speaks out Not a true fan. Unfair. The cheaper beer offer also is a semi insult, almost like it's ok to put up gate money because hey look we're nice people because we give you cheaper beer..... Yeah for 2 games and at certain times only. Comparing other prices of teams around the same level as Redditch doesn't wash with me either, as it wasn't their books that were examined by Swan before HE decided he would take over at the club, so why bring them up now?

All in all I find it a bad move, with transparent reasons, and all at a bad time. I would be amazed if the club find themselves better off after this move financially as so many have mentioned the golden goal being given a miss now.
Mr Swan, you may very well be a very good business man, but a football club is a very different business to what you're use to, and I personally think this move may back fire.
Why not give Hyde a rise for his very recent results and pop that on the entrance fee too!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:01 pm

The mathematics are pretty easy to understand.

If we want better players, you pay more money.
If you pay more money, you have to get more money.

The club have tried various activities to get more money...some have worked, some have not worked....for various reasons.

The bottom line is everything if linked to the expenditure of the club....it is significant and that is why we where days from extinction 9 months ago.

Guys who say football is not a business are not thinking straight....balancing the books is everything and if people do not support fund raising activities, the admission cost must rise.

Fait de compli for me.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Comparing other prices of teams around the same level as Redditch doesn't wash with me either, as it wasn't their books that were examined by Swan before HE decided he would take over at the club, so why bring them up now?

Ahhh now rowly thats another can of worms????????? I heard the books were well........ lets just say incomplete??????????
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm

A massive 81 here tonight.... Under 21's boss taking charge and mainly U21's playing. I rest my case...

Banbury seem to have a strong near on 1st team out and winning 1-0. Also look a good team with some useful players.

Oh and the kitchen service has gone downhill!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Absolutely right Steve, balancing the books is everything.

I’m in a fortunate position stood on the gate at home games whether it’s selling programmes, golden goal or doing the complimentary guest list I get to talk to our fans as they wander through. I know a majority of our regular fans and if they have missed a game or two I usually say good to see you back etc. They usually say they’ve been doing this, watching that so on so forth.

My point is that when we were on the brink of closure the fans came and spent all they could afford, because we were so close to disaster they thought every little bit counted, and they were probably right.
Now we have a wealthy Chairman I believe that that perception has gone, people no longer think they “have” to go, so sometimes don’t. We have more paid staff than I’ve seen down the valley in 40 years, new improved facilities, not that it’s a bad thing but again people perception is that all is rosie off the playing field.

It’s only my opinion but I would have liked to see prices be reduced. We should try everything possible to get back that community spirit. I feel we should of made a really big thing about the economic climate, global recession, people out of work etc. We should be reading headlines like “Redditch United give back to the people of Redditch” to thank them for their continued support by reducing prices during the Christmas period. Or “Redditch United spread Christmas Cheer” by reducing the admission charge…..anything to encourage more people through the turnstiles. Marketed correctly so fans knew exactly what fixtures it was applicable for and where the revenue was going to be spent, I feel this would have been a much better ploy.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:17 pm

So what is the team? One post says there's only 3 U21's another says mostly U21's?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

RockDJ wrote:Absolutely right Steve, balancing the books is everything.

I’m in a fortunate position stood on the gate at home games whether it’s selling programmes, golden goal or doing the complimentary guest list I get to talk to our fans as they wander through. I know a majority of our regular fans and if they have missed a game or two I usually say good to see you back etc. They usually say they’ve been doing this, watching that so on so forth.

My point is that when we were on the brink of closure the fans came and spent all they could afford, because we were so close to disaster they thought every little bit counted, and they were probably right.
Now we have a wealthy Chairman I believe that that perception has gone, people no longer think they “have” to go, so sometimes don’t. We have more paid staff than I’ve seen down the valley in 40 years, new improved facilities, not that it’s a bad thing but again people perception is that all is rosie off the playing field.

It’s only my opinion but I would have liked to see prices be reduced. We should try everything possible to get back that community spirit. I feel we should of made a really big thing about the economic climate, global recession, people out of work etc. We should be reading headlines like “Redditch United give back to the people of Redditch” to thank them for their continued support by reducing prices during the Christmas period. Or “Redditch United spread Christmas Cheer” by reducing the admission charge…..anything to encourage more people through the turnstiles. Marketed correctly so fans knew exactly what fixtures it was applicable for and where the revenue was going to be spent, I feel this would have been a much better ploy.

Easy for us to say....by reducing the entrance fee, do you guarantee the overall income will increase?
Should the fans request a test and offer to subsidise any shortfall?...after all, that is what we are asking Chris to do?

I would be willing to contribute to a test...?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 pm

porrohman wrote:So what is the team? One post says there's only 3 U21's another says mostly U21's?

I was late arriving mate so didn't hear the team. Bedford in goal, Halsall played, Moses Garbage, Osbourne, Carter and that was all I recognised. Warmer and Durbill came on from the bench. Banbury had a Tommy Warmer lookalike playing this evening Very Happy. They were a very decent side and we will do well to beat them with a 1st XI IMO, anyway that is the challenge!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 pm

didnt make tonight but just looked on net and couldnt see score, thought it would be a lot of under 21s so didnt bother, what was final score and how did we play( dont mind losing if we played well and were unlucky)
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Easy for us to say....by reducing the entrance fee, do you guarantee the overall income will increase?
Should the fans request a test and offer to subsidise any shortfall?...after all, that is what we are asking Chris to do?

It’s a fair point & a generous offer.
I guess it’s a little late now to change his mind. I’m just a little miffed that the club didn’t ask the TRUST if they had any thoughts or ideas, but it’s his prerogative I suppose.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

redditch born wrote:Comparing other prices of teams around the same level as Redditch doesn't wash with me either, as it wasn't their books that were examined by Swan before HE decided he would take over at the club, so why bring them up now?

Ahhh now rowly thats another can of worms????????? I heard the books were well........ lets just say incomplete??????????

The 'books' were non existent RB....if you go to the fans forum, you would have been told that.
The 'accouting' system at the Reds has been a shambles for many, many years...probably never (although, I speak without data)...

Your tone in your mail is strange...are you blaming Mr Swan for the fans not supporting on matchday or other events?...are you blaming him for investing his hard earned to save your club?

Sure, communication is not the best and needs improving..but that's life.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:11 pm

RockDJ wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:

It’s a fair point & a generous offer.
I guess it’s a little late now to change his mind. I’m just a little miffed that the club didn’t ask the TRUST if they had any thoughts or ideas, but it’s his prerogative I suppose.

My opion is that we have ideas....80's night, race night etc....but for lot's of reasons, they are not well organized/communicated/supported and create a gap in the income.
The gap has to be filled from somewhere and whether TRUST are involved or not, the facts remain the same.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:12 pm

I didn't recognise many tonight... deabill came on second half, moses-garvey and tommy warmer.. maybe one or 2 others, Jake Bedford in goal but the Under21's manager took to the dugout for this one so i think it was a prodominantly fringe/under 21's squad out there tonight.

I didn't take much notice of the game, due to some old school mates making an appearance but from what i saw we looked average...

Not overly keen on the kitchen service so i gave it a miss today... lukewarm hotdogs don't really appeal to me... Without wishing to cause trouble i'd be glad to see Adiy Price back... Hell that man could put out some good food!

81 people turned up.

Wasn't really expecting much from tonight, a good run out for our youth and fringe players, people complain but if you don't play the kids what's the point in the under 21's team? They'll only get better by playing. Fairly average night... i just thought i'd show my face and support the club. No matter what team was put out, it was a Redditch United team. Fully understand why people didn't want to come down tonight though.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next