Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

+19
lewism5964
littleworthred
nevergreen
in2thevalley
Mr Bonehead
mattim
SID SNOT
adiy price
redditch born
ROWLY1971
rawlings09
porrohman
fingers
Captain Carlin
Bob Marley
RockDJ
Leethall
del boy
Redditchbluenose86
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... - Page 5 Empty Re: Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 pm

V.C. wrote:When a successful outcome raises it's head from the many meetings that the club attend, then I am sure that the Club will notify the fans. Until then though the club have to respect confidentiality as in all sections of the commercial world!

As the club have asked on many occasions if any supporter can help in any way then speak to them.

At last somebody from the club actually telling us something Rolling Eyes
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday.... - Page 5 Empty Re: Entry fee increased to £10 as of Saturday....

Post  Captain Carlin Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:32 pm

I see V.C. has some 'internal' knowledge of the clubs internal affair; I assume it is either the Vice Chairman as the on good authority re the Goalden Goal would be actual knowledge in part due to selling the tickets on Saturday...................or a new re-incarnation of the poster formerally known as Redjeff & Littleworthred who has internal knowledge but has disappeared from the forum of late!!!!!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 pm

I question if this is the platform for fan/club communication, but it is an opportunity for all supporters on the forum to have their say, and indeed for the club to respond in a sensible manner befitting of the club. A wise move to replace Littleworthred. I think the term is 'damage limitation'.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 am

It does seem like a more layed back approach to the communication between Supporters and Club which isn't a bad thing.

I would suggest a sticky suggestion thread but there are one or two on here that don't give a toss about Redditch United and would just make things pointless.

It's good for the people that don't attend games to put their point across.

As long as it isn't taken too seriously with the amount of trolling that goes on it should be fine Very Happy
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:52 am

rawlings09 wrote:Mrs Moor, Why does it appear that you know more and care more about Redditch United than "Your own club"?

You seem more interested in stirring things up and trying to get a reaction from the fans, which is fair enough because you clearly enjoy trolling... why else would you be on a Redditch United forum?

rawlings09

I did not try to get a reaction from the fans and the point in question had very little interest to me which is why i did not offer an opinion. However while reading the post some time after it began i noticed i was mentioned and i replied to that individual, are you suggesting that if someone posts about me i should not have the right of reply.

Let me assure you i have a wonderful knowledge of Moor Green FC and even manage to support Solihull Moors but rather than discuss me discuss the points i raise.

You see Mr Swan had a game plan and thats the plan he told everyone to work to, it would seem now that he is penny pinching. You have a FULL TIME manager a luxury most clubs don't enjoy so rather than increase the playing budget how about using that luxury to it's full potential.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:40 am

Mrs Moor wrote:You have a FULL TIME manager a luxury most clubs don't enjoy so rather than increase the playing budget how about using that luxury to it's full potential.

Describing Graham Hyde as a full time manager is disingenuous in the extreme. He may work full time for the club, but not all of his working week is devoted to the management of the first team. As you yourself have pointed out, Graham has many roles within the club, so in all likelihood he doesn't spend any more time on his first-team managerial duties than your average part-time SLP manager.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:15 am

ted striker wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:You have a FULL TIME manager a luxury most clubs don't enjoy so rather than increase the playing budget how about using that luxury to it's full potential.

Describing Graham Hyde as a full time manager is disingenuous in the extreme. He may work full time for the club, but not all of his working week is devoted to the management of the first team. As you yourself have pointed out, Graham has many roles within the club, so in all likelihood he doesn't spend any more time on his first-team managerial duties than your average part-time SLP manager.

+1. Graham Hyde runs the Football In The Community side and will be out coaching in the week.

Is Marcus Bignott full time at the Driving Range or does he work for another club running coaching schools?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 am

I don't see what Graham being full time has to do with anything?

He may be full time but the players are still part time...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:15 am

V.C. wrote:You may think it was bad timing for the ticket price increase, but any fans that were at the match on Saturday would know that beer was only £2.00 per pint up to half time and £2.50 for an hour after the match! THe club are also offering half price season tickets for the remaining home games. A very good deal I think! Basketball

The offer is NOT half price, it's a half year season ticket. A small mistake but a major detail

nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am

nevergreen wrote:
V.C. wrote:You may think it was bad timing for the ticket price increase, but any fans that were at the match on Saturday would know that beer was only £2.00 per pint up to half time and £2.50 for an hour after the match! THe club are also offering half price season tickets for the remaining home games. A very good deal I think! Basketball

The offer is NOT half price, it's a half year season ticket. A small mistake but a major detail

???

Sorry nevergreen, but are you not being rather pedantic? Where exactly is the problem?
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:57 am

rawlings09 wrote:I don't see what Graham being full time has to do with anything?

I would have thought paying a chap in the region of 30k a season when you can only manage to attract a few hundred supporters through the gate has a lot to do with it.

It is obvious that something is wrong or the club would not be forcing a price hike on it’s supporters 2 weeks before Christmas.

The owner talks about a better standard of player but I just don’t see it most of the guys you have on contract were playing for nothing before joining you. The budget was in place at the start of the season and if the club has changed it or can’t afford it then they should explain instead of trying to kid people that the money is going on players, the statement would at least hold some water if the players were coming in from sides currently higher in the pyramid as recently promised but this is not the case.

Hard core supporters will have season tickets and won’t be affected anyway it’s the very people you are trying to attract who will be put off by this poorly thought out move. Surely it would have been far better to have announced a price drop over Christmas to encourage bigger gates and more people through the door.

Swan should really understand that people will not rush to buy well priced season tickets just because he has put a pound on the gate they will just choose do to something else over Christmas rather than watch Redditch, at least a price decrease may have tempted some people back and allowed them to see the improvements behind the scenes.

To be honest this move is as poor as the statement a few months ago and it does make you wonder if they know what they are doing.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Mrs Moor, where do you get your information? Have you not read the papers or seen the television to see that prices are going up all the time.

The fact is Redditch have put up the prices up by a £ yes a £ . I like many will still gladly pay that extra £ to watch the Reds play and from what I have seen from the start the start of the season, a £ increase is well worth the extra charge to see a team that has better players and playing with conviction and belief.

Yes the timing was unfortunate, but when there is a price increase, there is no no good time is there???????

I cant believe that this has run and run for so long.

Bills have to be paid, players have to be paid. END OF.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 pm

del boy wrote:
nevergreen wrote:

???

Sorry nevergreen, but are you not being rather pedantic? Where exactly is the problem?

The club are NOT offering "half price season tickets" they are offering half season tickets at a reduced level. Not pedantic more factual + i believe the original price was £160.
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

So if season tickets were £160 at the start of the season, that equalled £7.62 per game.

Under the latest offer, with 12 home games left, the offer equals £7.50 per game = better than half price.

So, for potential mid - season ticket holders, the price per game is less than those who paid at the start of the season. I wouldn’t worry about them kicking up a fuss though; 1) because it’s only 12p per game and 2) because only three fans bought season tickets at the start of the year.

And not to be pedantic (again), but the club website is offering "half season offers"

Last edited by del boy on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : a final thought)
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:39 pm

del boy wrote:So if season tickets were £160 at the start of the season, that equalled £7.62 per game.

Under the latest offer, with 12 home games left, the offer equals £7.50 per game = better than half price.

So, for potential mid - season ticket holders, the price per game is less than those who paid at the start of the season. I wouldn’t worry about them kicking up a fuss though; 1) because it’s only 12p per game and 2) because only three fans bought season tickets at the start of the year.

And not to be pedantic (again), but the club website is offering "half season offers"

who quoted the website?i commented on a post which stated half price season ticket. I agree with "half season offers" i was confused at the use of the wording "half price" or as some may see it 50%off,which it clearly isn't, it is as you point out a very similar offer to the original.
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:56 pm

del boy wrote:So if season tickets were £160 at the start of the season, that equalled £7.62 per game.

If we are talking about being pedantic the offer is only for 11 games according to the website (I think the ticket excludes Boxing Day) so £8+ per game.

Also the wording on the website ,at a glance, it infers the Half season offer matchday price is £89.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it gets re-worded before if puts a few off attending!
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:03 pm

whilst im having a moan....being negative...or basically giving my opinion I'd like to point out something thats baffled me

Sponsorship
1/4 page programme advert £75 per year
1/2 page £150
Full Page £300

Why not offer a more beneficial rate for larger sponsors? May i suggest £75....£135.....£240

The club recently approached me for sponsorship, I asked the question if I am to sponsor then I'd like to know how my sponsorship would work for me....will i get a return.

I asked a couple of simple questions to ascertain whether it was worth sponsoring(i would have to put over a strong case for doing this to the powers that be): How many programmes are produced each match?....
How many are sold on average?...

To this day I haven't received an answer to my questions...
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5