Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Aaron thing....

+6
rawlings09
fingers
alottmentender
Leethall
in2thevalley
porrohman
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This Aaron thing.... Empty This Aaron thing....

Post  porrohman Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:33 am

Reading their forum they say they had 2 Aaron's on the pitch at the end of the game. That's 6 on the pitch. What is going on?

More info on Aaron : Aaron married Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon (Exod 6:23). The sons of Aaron were Eleazar, Ithamar, Nadab and Abihu.[49] A descendant of Aaron is an Aaronite, or Kohen, meaning Priest.[50][51] Any non-Aaronic Levite descended from Levi but not of the priestly division[52] would be assigned to assist the Levitical priests of the family of Aaron in the care of the tabernacle and later of the temple.[53]
[edit] Art history

He later added Moses- Garvey as a surname and proceeded to baffle crowds up and down the country with fans asking ...just why is he on a football pitch?
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

This Aaron thing.... Empty Re: This Aaron thing....

Post  in2thevalley Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 am

porrohman wrote:Reading their forum they say they had 2 Aaron's on the pitch at the end of the game. That's 6 on the pitch. What is going on?

More info on Aaron : Aaron married Elisheba, daughter of Amminadab and sister of Nahshon (Exod 6:23). The sons of Aaron were Eleazar, Ithamar, Nadab and Abihu.[49] A descendant of Aaron is an Aaronite, or Kohen, meaning Priest.[50][51] Any non-Aaronic Levite descended from Levi but not of the priestly division[52] would be assigned to assist the Levitical priests of the family of Aaron in the care of the tabernacle and later of the temple.[53]
[edit] Art history

He later added Moses- Garvey as a surname and proceeded to baffle crowds up and down the country with fans asking ...just why is he on a football pitch?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:33 pm

Well as soon as Moses Garbage is gone the better!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:26 am

Mate, you know how lost he looks when he's played centre mid...double it and add a million when he was at right back. They latched on to it straight away and loaded the left and had alot of joy down that side. Mattim has made a great point the first 11 is spot on, we do struggle on the bench although Aaron Ford looked half decent when he came on.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:26 am

porrohman wrote:Mate, you know how lost he looks when he's played centre mid...double it and add a million when he was at right back. They latched on to it straight away and loaded the left and had alot of joy down that side. Mattim has made a great point the first 11 is spot on, we do struggle on the bench although Aaron Ford looked half decent when he came on.

I am sorry but he is not good enough for this level. He seems to think he is a world class creative midfielder when he plays centre mid trying to spray passes 40-50 yards, I am sorry but he has been found out whatever position he plays and sometimes you have to make a decision and say to a player that you need to go and play at a lower level.

Out 1st XI is OK, we do however rely to much on loan players and although good they mask the fact that we are short of real quality that you need at this level. For instance Deards was class, what it did show though when he went that all creativeness we had was gone. We have some solid players but nobody who can really hurt teams. For instance Hednesford had Clements who was a class apart who ran the show in the FA Cup game, that is the sort of player we are crying out for if we want to be challenging the top teams in this division.

I would also have liked to have seen Blenkinsopp play with Berwick, that would be a partnership that would really work with 2 players who can mix it up and play together, Berwick and Dearbill are to similar and it ends up easy for defenders most of the time when the ball is just launched at them where either is not playing off the other.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:59 am

i have to agree that moses will never make a decent footballer from what i have seen of him and i have seen most reds games this season.the jones lad they have on loan is starting to look a half decent winger and i think he will be able to do the damage that deards was able to to do when he had settled in.the other two arrons look like they can do a job when they also settle into the side but yes we do miss a real good centre midfield player who can play the ball and look comfortable with it and i dont think tommy warmer is that player,he is just an average southern league player to me.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 am

porrohman wrote: ... although Aaron Ford looked half decent when he came on.

Half cast, stocky youngster who was released by Walsall at the end of last season?

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 am

That's him.Has he been released? Still on books according to their site, either way looked half decent.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 am

alottmentender wrote:i have to agree that moses will never make a decent footballer from what i have seen of him and i have seen most reds games this season.the jones lad they have on loan is starting to look a half decent winger and i think he will be able to do the damage that deards was able to to do when he had settled in.the other two arrons look like they can do a job when they also settle into the side but yes we do miss a real good centre midfield player who can play the ball and look comfortable with it and i dont think tommy warmer is that player,he is just an average southern league player to me.

Tommy Warmer is just an average centre midfielder. You need a centre midfielder who will score goals at this level, the issue Redditch have is that they do not have one and that is why they will finish outside the top 10 as they also have no wingers who are good enough to also score 8-10 goals a season that you need to have in this league.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:08 am

People knock Tommy Warmer but i don't think it's a coincidence that most games we've lost, he hasn't played.

We've got to work with what we've got... it's alright naming this player and that player... but are they going to end up at the club? If not i see little point in knocking the players we have.

Notice we had no bite after he went off.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 am

Leethall wrote:
alottmentender wrote:i have to agree that moses will never make a decent footballer from what i have seen of him and i have seen most reds games this season.the jones lad they have on loan is starting to look a half decent winger and i think he will be able to do the damage that deards was able to to do when he had settled in.the other two arrons look like they can do a job when they also settle into the side but yes we do miss a real good centre midfield player who can play the ball and look comfortable with it and i dont think tommy warmer is that player,he is just an average southern league player to me.

Tommy Warmer is just an average centre midfielder. You need a centre midfielder who will score goals at this level, the issue Redditch have is that they do not have one and that is why they will finish outside the top 10 as they also have no wingers who are good enough to also score 8-10 goals a season that you need to have in this league.

Is the problem Tommy??I dont think it is,he breaks the game up get a foot it and gives a sideways pass,job done. Every quality team has a Tommy...the problem is getting a creative player alongside Tommy.
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 am

People knock Tommy for his lack of goals (and that's their opinion) and while he hasn't got on the score sheet yet, I'm sure he will. But what he gives the team is drive, enthusiasm, and commitment. It was very noticeable that when Tommy went off we lost the midfield.Tommy is a vital cog in the Redditch United machine.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:40 pm

in2thevalley wrote:People knock Tommy for his lack of goals (and that's their opinion) and while he hasn't got on the score sheet yet, I'm sure he will. But what he gives the team is drive, enthusiasm, and commitment. It was very noticeable that when Tommy went off we lost the midfield.Tommy is a vital cog in the Redditch United machine.

Is he though? You can easily have lots of players like Tommy that do the same job, most teams have a Tommy but the players you need to be successful are not Tommy Warmers. Thing is people don't seem to understand this and like to see a bit of effort which every player should provide but we have no quality. Truth hurts
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 pm

porrohman wrote:That's him.Has he been released? Still on books according to their site, either way looked half decent.

Think he's been released mate, there are a few former academy players still on Walsall's site.

Turned out for Romulus and Hinckley United this season.

fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Leethall wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:People knock Tommy for his lack of goals (and that's their opinion) and while he hasn't got on the score sheet yet, I'm sure he will. But what he gives the team is drive, enthusiasm, and commitment. It was very noticeable that when Tommy went off we lost the midfield.Tommy is a vital cog in the Redditch United machine.

Is he though? You can easily have lots of players like Tommy that do the same job, most teams have a Tommy but the players you need to be successful are not Tommy Warmers. Thing is people don't seem to understand this and like to see a bit of effort which every player should provide but we have no quality. Truth hurts
Not sure I agree with or follow your reasoning. I haven't seen many games this season so I can't really comment on specifics, but just because we're not a top-six side doesn't mean that the presence of any one player is the reason. If that were the case, then people would also be calling for a new goalkeeper, when judging by most comments about him on here, Dean's a class act.

Or, to put it another way, we need both craft and graft in the middle. At this level you're never going to find both in one player, as they will be targetted by teams at a higher level, so you need to find someone to work alongside Tommy. Replacing him with a ball-player may not be the answer; pairing him with one might.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 am

nevergreen wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Is the problem Tommy??I dont think it is,he breaks the game up get a foot it and gives a sideways pass,job done. Every quality team has a Tommy...the problem is getting a creative player alongside Tommy.

Nevergreen has it spot on. Tommy shortens our game. Keeps the ball. If we have the ball they can't score. I would like him however to be a bit more expansive....the role he plays does lend itself to the odd 40/50 yard pass to feet...I can't recall too many. Joey is there with him, he's the guy that breaks his neck getting in the box on attacks,leaving Tommy to mop up, the are doing ok in there.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:49 am

i cannot believe the things being written about tommy warmer its ridiculous. How can anyone who watches these 11 players every week pick tommy out as the problem, this must be some kind of joke. Its not a coincidence that every time he is not on the pitch our midfield is non existent!
He isnt gonna score 8-10 goals a season because he is a defensive midfielder who rarely gets further than the centre circle (which is obvious his instructions)
He doesnt pass it 40-50 yards everytime (like the rest of team) because it never works. Yes it might look like he keeps it simple, but thats what we need at this level especially with the below average players he has around him!
He shows passion and commitment every game he plays that I have seen (apart from telford friendly) and gets the crowd going with it.
If we are going to start slating our own players there are at least 10 others that should be mentioned before even considering tommy.
This is a fact if Tommy Warmer had not wore a Redditch shirt this season we would be in bottom 4 FACT!!!
We should all be thankful he plays for redditch and pray he is fit for evesham game afro
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:06 am

Fishing
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:05 am

Tommy Warmer is my player of the season so far.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 am

del boy wrote:Tommy Warmer is my player of the season so far.

I'm a huge Tommy Warmer fan, but my player of the season so far would be Dean Coleman.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:48 am

Tommo wrote:i cannot believe the things being written about tommy warmer its ridiculous. How can anyone who watches these 11 players every week pick tommy out as the problem, this must be some kind of joke. Its not a coincidence that every time he is not on the pitch our midfield is non existent!
He isnt gonna score 8-10 goals a season because he is a defensive midfielder who rarely gets further than the centre circle (which is obvious his instructions)
He doesnt pass it 40-50 yards everytime (like the rest of team) because it never works. Yes it might look like he keeps it simple, but thats what we need at this level especially with the below average players he has around him!
He shows passion and commitment every game he plays that I have seen (apart from telford friendly) and gets the crowd going with it.
If we are going to start slating our own players there are at least 10 others that should be mentioned before even considering tommy.
This is a fact if Tommy Warmer had not wore a Redditch shirt this season we would be in bottom 4 FACT!!!
We should all be thankful he plays for redditch and pray he is fit for evesham game afro

And here it is from Mr Tommy Warmer lover Fishing

Yes he does the dirty stuff well and I for one have not said he should not play, what I said is that you need a centre midfielder to score goals and create, he couldn't open a present.

Until we get 2 decent wingers and a good ball playing attacking midfielder it will be mid table mediocre I am afraid.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:50 am

in2thevalley wrote:

I'm a huge Tommy Warmer fan, but my player of the season so far would be Dean Coleman.

Coleman has been top draw this season and but for not being able to kick he would be playing a lot higher.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 am

Leethall wrote:

Why is tommy warmer and "a centre midfielder who will score goals at this level" in the same conversation?
Tommy is a defensive midfielder (every team has one) he bosses the midfield keeps redditch in control of games.
everybody can see we need 2 decent wingers and a good central midfielder, but one to play with tommy and score a million goals and do cryuff turns and whatever else you want. (think Tevez is looking for a team)
Tommy Warmer is an average midfielder hence why he is playing at this level, if tommy is average that makes the rest of the team bar deano and 1 or 2 others very below average.
To single out Tommy out of this squad of players is a tragedy!!! afro
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:16 am

Leethall wrote:
in2thevalley wrote:

Coleman has been top draw this season and but for not being able to kick he would be playing a lot higher.

Coleman has been great it is a shame about his kicking though it was dreadful at stourbridge
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:18 am

Tommo wrote:
Leethall wrote:

Why is tommy warmer and "a centre midfielder who will score goals at this level" in the same conversation?
Tommy is a defensive midfielder (every team has one) he bosses the midfield keeps redditch in control of games.
everybody can see we need 2 decent wingers and a good central midfielder, but one to play with tommy and score a million goals and do cryuff turns and whatever else you want. (think Tevez is looking for a team)
Tommy Warmer is an average midfielder hence why he is playing at this level, if tommy is average that makes the rest of the team bar deano and 1 or 2 others very below average.
To single out Tommy out of this squad of players is a tragedy!!! afro

Why? Because the way a lot of people go on about him they think he is absolutely amazing, if he was he would be creating and scoring goals. I watch him take free kicks and corners and he rarely provides assists. My point is you can love Tommy Warmer all you like (I am not knocking you as Rawlings gets plenty of pleasure out of his 75 programmes he purchased when he was the centre fold Banana sex !), for all of his effort and gile he doesn't have the quality required to make things happen. Added to that we seem to rely on loan signings in midfield which is a cause for concern as it takes them a few games to get upto speed then they are back to their parent club.

The key players are Coleman, Hickman, Grimes, Robinson and Berwick (oh and I think Garbabe Moses is held in this regard!). The problem is that midfield 4 where we are very average. Fishing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next