Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 1 Oxford 1

+10
in2thevalley
Tommo
rawlings09
ted striker
Bob Marley
Redditchbluenose86
del boy
chrisdon
Leethall
porrohman
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reds 1 Oxford 1 Empty Reds 1 Oxford 1

Post  porrohman Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:42 am

A battling performance, which improved second half, an almost turned into a win when after a great move down the right ended with a superb Stringfellow cross, and Jimmy somehow put it wide with his head. Great goal for us first half with a brilliant cross from Tommy and Jimmy powered a header in from 8 yards. Oxford played some good stuff , but rarely troubled after Deano kindly gave them their goal. What is blatantly obvious is we need a left back. Still. MOM Alex Hickman....superb throughout. Close second Jamie Grimes and Tommy. Good battling point lads.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds 1 Oxford 1 Empty Re: Reds 1 Oxford 1

Post  Leethall Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 am

porrohman wrote:A battling performance, which improved second half, an almost turned into a win when after a great move down the right ended with a superb Stringfellow cross, and Jimmy somehow put it wide with his head. Great goal for us first half with a brilliant cross from Tommy and Jimmy powered a header in from 8 yards. Oxford played some good stuff , but rarely troubled after Deano kindly gave them their goal. What is blatantly obvious is we need a left back. Still. MOM Alex Hickman....superb throughout. Close second Jamie Grimes and Tommy. Good battling point lads.

The 2 centre halves were brilliant. Warmer apart from the ball for the goal was utter tripe. Gave the ball away time after time.

Kitchen service improved but the cups have got smaller with the price the same! My coffee was like an expresso!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisdon Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 am

Cracking point, defended really well, like alot of teams we have played this season not much better than us,a few good pints at £2 a pint,brilliant crack in the bar, and won the golden goal . happy days,

chrisdon
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 pm

The two centre halves were indeed brilliant.
I tried to create a poll but failed..who should be in goal next game? If you would be so kind Leethall, I'd be interested to see if the majority would put Jake in...or keep Deano in....
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Now is not the time to start experimenting with goalkeepers!!! Better the devil you know!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Benbow Made a nuisance of himself when he came on, it would be interesting to see how we'd get on with him starting, and feeding off Deabill.
Bit of a mix bag today, mostly poor. Silly passes to nowhere or Oxford players, weak clearances and very poor finishing.
That said, there were a few moments of magic that looked very promising. One of them producing our equaliser.
Deano's confidence seems shot to bits, very hesitant.

Happy with the result, could/should have nicked it via Tesfa and Deabills chances but a draw seemed fair overall.

Can't believe the attendance was 251 it seemed empty! (probably hiding from Kimbo and that bloody biscuit tin Head against wall
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
Can't believe the attendance was 251 it seemed empty! (probably hiding from Kimbo and that bloody biscuit tin Head against wall

Probably something to do with the 50 bin lids in the ground. Did not look 251 there unless the bar was rammed?

That pissing drum needs to be knifed for good mate! I am going to have to do it as it is really annoying!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Another top result.

The last game v Weymuff could be crucial.

Well done Graham and the lads
Hi five
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Both games could be absolutely crucial - Arlesey are only a point ahead of us, and three points above the relegation zone, so they aren't safe yet by any means. They will be motivated next Saturday, that's for sure, so let's hope the right Redditch show up, we win, other results go our way and we can relax and enjoy the last game. Keep crossing those fingers, touching that wood, and all that other superstitious crap.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Leethall wrote:
Redditchbluenose86 wrote:

Probably something to do with the 50 bin lids in the ground. Did not look 251 there unless the bar was rammed?

That pissing drum needs to be knifed for good mate! I am going to have to do it as it is really annoying!

Laughing Laughing

Anything to stop it sounding like the start of EastEnders whenever we win a throw-in!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm

I disagree about this not being the right time to change the keeper. This is the time that we can't affort to have a keeper who's low on confidence! That said, his kicking has improved.

Good performance yesterday, again backing up the fact we do better against the better sides, which worries me when we've got Aresley and Weymouth to play still! Scared

Our goal difference may keep us up i feel, if it comes to that.

Got to win on saturday!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm

porrohman wrote:The two centre halves were indeed brilliant.
I tried to create a poll but failed..who should be in goal next game? If you would be so kind Leethall, I'd be interested to see if the majority would put Jake in...or keep Deano in....

definitely jake 100%. id rather chris swan in goal Very Happy
Tommo
Tommo
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:35 am

I have thought about this and for me it is stick with Coleman. Yes he made a mistake but after that he was solid and his kicking is a lot better. Did the Cittee keeper have a concrete foot, he booted the ball miles!!

Arseley will be seeking a result having been hammered 6-0 yesterday. We need to win as that will pretty much guarantee survival.

I though have had enough of this hoofball that is served up, yesterday it was shocking! We have a midfield of Osbourne, Hendrie x 2, Halsall & Pikey ( Wink ) and all we do is launch it to Jimmy Hill. Ok the goal was scored well but that midfield need to be playing with the ball on the ground, they are not runners onto a flick.

I hear all about this fancy football that is coached on a Thursday but the proof is in the pudding on a Saturday afternoon and there is usually very little football served up! I know we are in a relegation battle but We Cannnee Do The Basics! Passing 5 yards to a Reds player! One thing I did see yesterday which was a massive shock was that Stringfellow made an overlap and crossed the ball from the bye line! First time I have seen him or Tesfa overlap the wide midfielder.

Rant over, Arseley to be beaten!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 am

At the start of the game I would have taken a point. And looking back now perhaps we should have won it.

Its very easy to be critical of a keeper when they make a mistake because invariably, it ends up costing a goal.

If a striker misses a chance we say "head up! You'll get one soon".

Yes Dean has made mistakes this season but tell me what goal-keeper hasn't?

He has made some fine save this season and has saved us more points than we realise.

I would stick with him and get behind him and encourage him.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:01 am

Good performance today. Superb goal from Big Jim, quality ball from afro thought he played excellent again Reds 1 Oxford 1 509981 . The centre of defense were outstanding. Well played to Tess, who overcame a very difficult first

half and looked more composed in the second half.

A pity about the missed chance from Jim in the second half - would have a been real contender for goal of the

season.

But all in all a good point against a team that could have gone second if they had won!
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:17 am

Leethall wrote:I have thought about this and for me it is stick with Coleman. Yes he made a mistake but after that he was solid and his kicking is a lot better. Did the Cittee keeper have a concrete foot, he booted the ball miles!!

Arseley will be seeking a result having been hammered 6-0 yesterday. We need to win as that will pretty much guarantee survival.

I though have had enough of this hoofball that is served up, yesterday it was shocking! We have a midfield of Osbourne, Hendrie x 2, Halsall & Pikey ( Wink ) and all we do is launch it to Jimmy Hill. Ok the goal was scored well but that midfield need to be playing with the ball on the ground, they are not runners onto a flick.

I hear all about this fancy football that is coached on a Thursday but the proof is in the pudding on a Saturday afternoon and there is usually very little football served up! I know we are in a relegation battle but We Cannnee Do The Basics! Passing 5 yards to a Reds player! One thing I did see yesterday which was a massive shock was that Stringfellow made an overlap and crossed the ball from the bye line! First time I have seen him or Tesfa overlap the wide midfielder.

Rant over, Arseley to be beaten!

Having watched the team performance v Hitchin on a well decent pitch, as we all know...our home pitch is very difficult to play on.
Watch the video v Eveshambles and the run by Stuart after the great ball from Lee...the ball is all over the place and almost impossible to control.

I agree that having the 'big man' up top, you tend to go long...OK if you have someone running off but with a 5 man midfield and a defensive attitude to each game, Jimmy is often alone against 2 or 3 defenders.

The pitch is crap...OK, same for both sides...but we will never get a great game down there past September. Senile
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:35 am

Exactly when we get the ball down and play we are much better, Hendrie and Osbourne are wingers who should be given the ball to feet to get at the full backs and feed Jimmy Hill. When we do that we look a capable side, unfortunately the players when turning out at The Valley can't even control a ball and pass and move. If they can't do that then they should not be playing for the club, simples.

Warmer was very average yesterday, only worthwhile note was the goal yes. Other than that lost the ball numerous times, had a shot that went out for a throw in, made the wrong decisions when passing. He is one dimensional, yes he puts a good shift in so you can't fault him for that but he is made to look much better than he is by the 2 centre halves and Halsall who win the balls in that area of the pitch.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 am

Leethall wrote:Exactly when we get the ball down and play we are much better, Hendrie and Osbourne are wingers who should be given the ball to feet to get at the full backs and feed Jimmy Hill. When we do that we look a capable side, unfortunately the players when turning out at The Valley can't even control a ball and pass and move. If they can't do that then they should not be playing for the club, simples.

Warmer was very average yesterday, only worthwhile note was the goal yes. Other than that lost the ball numerous times, had a shot that went out for a throw in, made the wrong decisions when passing. He is one dimensional, yes he puts a good shift in so you can't fault him for that but he is made to look much better than he is by the 2 centre halves and Halsall who win the balls in that area of the pitch.

*Chomp* You still think he's one of the worst players?! How many of the "better" players were involved in yesterday's goal? from where i was stood it was afro and Jimmy.

I'm glad he did set up the goal because if he didn't, that'd give you even more to complain about Wink

I love you
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am

I see MM has not been on as we did not lose.

Looks like Solihoof are in a 7/8 club fight to retain their BSN status. Would be an expensive season of failure if they get relegated as they have forked out on some big name players (Hinton, Pierpoint, Walker, Morris, Byfield etc)

Oh and Rawlings, afro is average sir. Keep adding more posters of him on the wall Sleep

I see Billy scored a couple more for Tivvy yesterday.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:08 am

Would love it if Solihoof got relegated, they were dreaming of promotion this time last year whilst everyone was laughing at them..let's hope they get relegated this season. Who knows the keyboard warrior might even come to the Valley to watch HIS team.
Oh, and I thought afro did well yesterday.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:05 pm

porrohman wrote:Would love it if Solihoof got relegated, they were dreaming of promotion this time last year whilst everyone was laughing at them..let's hope they get relegated this season. Who knows the keyboard warrior might even come to the Valley to watch HIS team.

Sums you up porrohman, i would be upset if you were to be religated but i have to admit our position seems to have just sneeked up on us and it's looking more than a little Glum at the moment.

That said i feel a correction is in order everyone was laughing at you last season and everyone is laughing at you this season so nothings changed there, well apart from the huge budget you are wasting on a very average team.

At the end of the day you added £400 to the budget and you beat a really poor side other than that i don't see any wins and i don't see enough for a genuine promotion push next season. Can you even afford to spend this much money every week next season ?.

I am sure many Redditch supporters will wish the Moor all the best, I love you

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:15 pm

Mrs Moor wrote:
porrohman wrote:Would love it if Solihoof got relegated, they were dreaming of promotion this time last year whilst everyone was laughing at them..let's hope they get relegated this season. Who knows the keyboard warrior might even come to the Valley to watch HIS team.

Er no. I dont think so. Many Redditch fans would really enjoy your lot dropping down a league.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:35 pm

in2thevalley wrote:
Mrs Moor wrote:

Er no. I dont think so. Many Redditch fans would really enjoy your lot dropping down a league.

I don't care. Solihoof are not a rival whatsoever for us. If they come down it would just be another local game but nothing to get excited about as they don't exactly have a big support so not like there is an atmosphere.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:44 pm

MM so focused on all things RUFC forgot about her own team..... Crying with laughter Crying with laughter
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Oh dear Mrs Moor, you are having a really poor end to the season just like your team!!! First the Joey Halsall saga, where you and Mrs Rowly really got your aprons tangled when chuntering over your garden fence. You got that fabulously WRONG! Then you say everyone was laughing at us last season. When the decision was taken to cut the budget to zero, we had message of support from clubs all around commending the decision, and in truth, set them thinking about reducing budgets in order to survive. The praise our club had then in the following few months where our unpaid players gave it all against good sides only to fall short was incredible. We have never been a popular club but we gained a considerable amount of friends last season. So no, you have it all wrong again. Laughing at us? I think not. Fact v fiction..beats the fishwives every time.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next