Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch Reserves

+3
Justin.Fowkes
RockDJ
Leethall
7 posters

Go down

Redditch Reserves Empty Redditch Reserves

Post  Leethall Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:16 am

Can we have an update on the squad pls?

Would like to see how Hicks and Gifford have done playing at a lower standard than they were possibly before? What are the chances of us seeing them in the 1st team squad?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Redditch Reserves Empty Re: Redditch Reserves

Post  RockDJ Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:49 pm

I put the reserves match report here:

http://www.redditchutdfc.co.uk/team-2/redditch-united-reserves/

Only time will tell if we see them in the 1st team squad, I suppose if they continue to improve there should be every chance.
Leavi seems to be doing ok.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:02 pm

RockDJ wrote:I put the reserves match report here:

http://www.redditchutdfc.co.uk/team-2/redditch-united-reserves/

Only time will tell if we see them in the 1st team squad, I suppose if they continue to improve there should be every chance.
Leavi seems to be doing ok.

Nice Work DJ. Would be great to see the weekly progress of this group of players and some thoughts on who to look out for. This is a great stepping stone for the club to have a team for injured players to gain match fitness, integrate new players and bring through promising young players so is great for the club. Supporters need to see this progress though so pls make sure it is visible.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Redditch Reserves Empty Redditch Reserves

Post  Justin.Fowkes Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:56 am

As you are all aware i'm the new Reserve team manager and reading some of the comments that gets posted here thought id reply to this thread to inform you of how we are doing etc etc.

I do want to say that i'm here to comment on the reserves only and provide u as much information as possible. I do not want to get into anything to do with first team nor do i want to get involved in politics. Most of you on here should know me from my days at the valley!!

Concerning Brendan Hicks. Bren played 1 game for us and i havn't seen him since. Ive tried to contact him as have others but to no avail. Last week i recieved a 7 day request from Fairfield Villa for him which I can only presume that's where he wants to be. Bizarre considering Redditch can potentially offer a higher level of football.

Jamie Gifford is getting there. His first game away to Banbury reserves was quiet for Gifs standards but on Saturday v Barwell he scored 5 and looked a class act. Currently we have played 3 under myself, won 2 and lost 1 but the loss was with 10 men Sad

I currently have a decent squad of players, in particular four 17 year olds. With the right coaching i'm sure they will be the future for Redditch. There names are Daniel Hayes, Daniel Randall, Kaine Palmer and Hoshain Gabbidon. Kaine has been training with the first team recently and it has showed when playing for me.

Also in the squad i have Craig Malins who is a strong centre forward, Tom Hurdman who has had first team appearances and Jermaine Hylton. Jermaine is a class act and im sure will be in the first team squad this side of the new year although from the 9th of December he has to serve a 3 game ban for a red card he recieved at Banbury. His attitude is fantastic and the red card was just unfortunate.

I also have in the squad Jermaines brother Jarrell who has great potential as well as Ash Granville ( Willenhall last season), Yannick Gomez ( Kidderminster Harriers), Tom Busby ( Boldemere), Warren brooke ( Halesown Town) and others that i have yet to see due to the size of the squad and lack of games. The reserves have a great squad who i honestly believe have players that can reach Evostick levels in time. Also i must mention the under 21s and under 18s who are also doing well in there own leagues and i can honestly say the future loooks bright for Redditch.

Obviously i want you all to follow the First team this weekend but if for whatever reason u cant commit to away games then the Reseves will be playing at home on Saturday in Challenge Trophy. Entrance is just £3 and under 16s at just a pound. All support is appreciated.

Justin

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 am

Justin, thanks for the update much appreciated and good to see some exposure to the reserves.

I may well be down on Saturday (if I have no floated away in the floods) to take a look.

Please keep us informed as it is good to hear about the reserves and what is happening with you. Keep up the good work.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Great feedback Justin.....as a fan......just what we miss and have done for many-a-year.

Now for sustainability...please keep us informed as much as you can as it makes a HUGE difference.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin.Fowkes Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 am

No problem at all. Im more than happy to provide as much information as possible. Fingers crossed Saturdays game will be on and would appreciate the support versus what i can only imagine will be a tough side.

Regards

Justin

Justin.Fowkes
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:18 am

Justin, I really appreciate the effort and hard work you are putting into the reports, please continue with your updates as they are most welcome.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 am

in2thevalley wrote:Justin, I really appreciate the effort and hard work you are putting into the reports, please continue with your updates as they are most welcome.
I couldnt agree more. Very good reports, thanks.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks Justin, I hear that Kaine Palmer is a real prospect!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down