Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great result

+9
Bob Marley
in2thevalley
SID SNOT
dontrunsingles
rawlings09
Redditchbluenose86
porrohman
JBS
mattim
13 posters

Go down

Great result Empty Great result

Post  mattim Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Couldn't get there, just seen on Sky sports news 2-0 Reds.

Get in there !

Reports please !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Great result Empty Re: Great result

Post  JBS Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Great result as you say.

Both sides created chances, but we were second best in reality for most of the game. First goal got deflected in and got the second on the break at the end.

With the amount of time we should of got something out a game at the end of last season and ended up empty handed its nice to be on the other end of it.

Thought our goalie was fantastic.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Spot on. We could easily have been 2 down within 10 minutes bar two great saves from Deano. MOM for me but his kicking was poor. Why we persisited in kicking the ball direct to their giant centre half I don't know. In all honesty they probably deserved a point, at times we were chasing shadows. We have to remember we are a complete new team, it takes time to gel....teams in this division may have had 3 / 4 seasons together. A very welcome 3 points nevertheless. It's great to get a win at last!
Bedford were a good side. Good passing football.The number 9 was a danger all night. One last thing, the referee was absolutely hopeless!!!! An awful performance.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Slightly bad performance overall, but it's results that matter.
Once we went 1-0 up I think we came to life a bit more, but Bedford still looked the more dangerous side coming forward, and had been all game.
Still trying to learn our player's names off cuff but our right back looked very impressive.
Coleman was quality tonight, he won the game for us in my opinion as an early goal (or two) for Bedford would have seen us lose this game heavily.
Great to see a decent crowd for a Tuesday night (makes up for the 70 vs Stourbridge last season) at 294.

Also a big fair play to the 50 Bedford fans too who travelled, and made some decent noise throughout the game (even when 1-0 down) - a credit to their club.

Hopefully Saturday we'll see a consistent performance throughout the full 90, but as said above we are still gelling as a squad and it's nice to be on the winning side of a 'weaker' performance for once!

Roll on Saturday!
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:58 pm

We played crap and won... Happy days!

A concern? of mine is why we ALWAYS play better Second half. From the first pre-season at Pershore Town, the tonights Second half Victory. We must question why the "better" side it always in force second half, or why we play better second half. I Feel one day if we go in 3/4 nil down at half time, then the better second half side won't be able to make a comeback.

Start with the strongest team and on numerous occasions, like at Oxford, they took the p*ss! Players skinning 2 or 3 players... But with time they'll get used to the pace of the league.

Dean Coleman MOM any day for me, alert from the first minute and just as well because we could, and should have been 2 down early on.

Tommy Warmer class as ever, scrapping away and causing trouble for the opposition. I'm hoping Phil Green comes out of this blip he's in at the moment because on his day he's a good player!

Top effort from their fans too Smile

Many positives to take from tonight, especially the attendance! Very Happy We'd be lucky to get that on a saturday last season let alone midweeks! The bar was a pleasant area to be, and the place in general is fantastic.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am

Agree with all the above apart from the comment about Tom W. He looks a liability to me and will undoubtely get sent off several times this season. The tackle he made for his booking was appalling and totally unnecessary. Only other downside was who was the idiot on the PA. Could barely make out what he was saying in the first half and then he capped it off second half with '' substitute for Redditch TOWN going off er.... No 6 and coming on er er ............''.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:38 am

Tommy needs a good talking to. There is no point in him signing if he spends time banned. That tackle last night was totally out of order, a stronger ref than that clown last night would have given him a red.
Can't comment on the PA...I couldn't hear a single word he said on the Cedar Rd.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:35 am

I disagree with the comments about Tommy Warmer, He is one of the most competitive, commited and passionate players we have.

And you can never change the way a player plays. Personally i love his attitude and the way he's always scrapping and lets face it, he won't be the only player to be sent off sevral times next season.

I don't understand why he needs talking to? It was one silly challenge, you see other players do them all the time... I'd rather have a player like Tommy that gets stuck in and doesn't p*ss about than a player that gets skinned every time and loses us goals.

Whats the point in signing him if he spends most of his time worrying about other people saying he should change the way he's playing?

My opinion.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 am

dontrunsingles wrote:Agree with all the above apart from the comment about Tom W. He looks a liability to me and will undoubtely get sent off several times this season. The tackle he made for his booking was appalling and totally unnecessary. Only other downside was who was the idiot on the PA. Could barely make out what he was saying in the first half and then he capped it off second half with '' substitute for Redditch TOWN going off er.... No 6 and coming on er er ............''.
Firstly Yes there were teething troubles with the PA, the Guy volunteered last minute and did his best. to call him an "Idiot" is out of order and unfair, If you would like to volunteer for this roll and think you could do a better job then that would be more productive than insults. The fact he could not be heard is down to set up of equipment which we are looking into today and the "redditch town" thing I think was more down to nerves. Secondly I agree Tommy deserved the yellow but more a missed time tackle than anything else and the Bedford Players made way more and got away with them, I think we were lucky to win but you make your own luck and we will have games this season where being the better Team we lose, so it's swings and rounder-bouts.
All in All great att, great atmosphere, good feedback on improvements across the board and 4 points so far. lets keep the positive vibes going forward. Beer Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 am

We did ride our luck a bit last night although I was impressed with the way we battled and stuck at it for the full 90 mins. There seems to be a decent team spirit and everyone seems to want to be there and give 100% to the cause. Coleman was excellent, as were both full backs and Lei Brown put in a good shift. Blenkinsopp will get goals although needs to be paired with someone a bit more effective than either Osbourne or Harris. My view on Warmer is that he is a very good player to have in the squad, yes he will get himself into trouble from time to time, but there will be a lot worse players in this league.

I agree with 'don't run single's' the guy on the PA was an bumbling idiot. He referred to us as Redditch Town, decided to come on 10 minutes into the game to remind us where we were, was totally ill prepared for any substitutions that were made, and sounded like he had been on the p1ss all day! And, no, Red Jeff I don't want to do it myself I'm just putting my view across, and hoping that there may be someone in the future that can string two sentances together and not sound like Father Jack! Feck Off.........................
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:39 am

Finally, a competitive victory. We were second best at times to Bedford, who played some very attractive football, and credit to their fans who made some noise. IMO I think the criticism of Tommy is harsh, we need a combatitive midfielder, with drive determination and a desire to win the ball, yes he will make mistakes, but then again who doesn't? In this league we need some one like Tommy who will spur on the rest of the team. Yes the P.A system wasnt upto scratch, but like everything, it will come, and we will get there. The highlight for me, without doubt was seeing Chris sat in the bar on his smiling to himself. Wonderful moment. And remember WE WON LAST NIGHT 2-0 . YES WON
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:49 am

Yeah...5 months is a very long time in football!

I remember at the beginning of March, the flurry of phone calls and emails to try and save the club!
I remember talking to Porrohman at 2am to salvage the deal with Chris and I again applaud TRUST for their commitment to meet the financial obligations required to help kick start the Redolution

Now, only 5 months later...we have taken 4 points from the 1st 2 games on the back of 10 pre-season wins....the attendance on Tuesday was 100 more than what I had predicted, the feedback from punters on the ground improvements is very positive and we are starting to see a settled team instead of the 'who's-who' from previous seasons.

I'll take the knocks bout Tommy W and the PA volunteer....it's just great to see a half decent Reds side in a half decent ground and having a half decent pint after a victory!

I applaud everyone for their efforts (the transformation is quite amazing!!)....now we need to encourage a friend/neighbour/work colleague to come and try for themselves....join the Redolution!!!

Onwards and upwards
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:53 am

Great to hear that we won even if we played badly.

I have not seen Tommy Warmer play yet so can't comment on the 1st few games but my view is that he is a combatitive midfielder but is probably playing at a level that is above him. This is no disrespect to him but I don't think he is our best option personally. This is what is great when you actually have a squad of player where fans can vent their views on related club players, the game etc

Personally the tannoy announcements over the last year have been pretty poor IMO. Either do it properly or not bother. I like to be able to purchase my programme and have a copy of the team sheet submitted provided, they do this at Worcester & Evesham games so as long as I have that to see who is playing for the 2 teams I am happy Very Happy It is a bit village when you have the sort of happenings that we had last night (eg Redditch Town).

On a positive note it is great seeing an attendance like we had. Maybe worthwhile putting it in perspective in that it is summer, it was the 1st home league game, kids are not at school etc. What will be interesting is the 1st home Sat league game (this weekend and I won't be there Sad) and then the midweek league games. But fair play things are improving and is great to see Smile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am

As for the P.A. announcer, I do think the criticism is harsh. As Jeff has said, he volunteered at the last moment; it’s unreasonable to expect him to be well prepared or rehearsed.

The crowd was good last night. But it’s a shame that the performance didn’t match the great result.
I don’t think we played badly; we were just completely outplayed for most of the game. Bedford looked decent and their big centre back, the captain, was an absolute rock. I’m not being critical of the team, but a better performance could have enticed a few more fans to return on Saturday. I guess we’ll see. It’s early days of course, and the team needs time to gel. But so far, it’s looking pretty good. There does appear to be one or two players that look out of their depth though.

I’ve been really impressed with Cameron Jones so far. His work rate, ability and commitment has been quite evident. But sorry Cammy, last night, that was not your goal!!!! Who it came off I’m not sure, but it looked like an own goal to me.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:33 pm

I tend to agree with everyone’s statements we were a little lucky to win. However I don’t think we were totally outclassed we merely took a little time to find our feet and decide that playing it wide or on the floor was far better and more productive than hoofing it up by their giant centre half.

I was also wondering last night & I’m keen on other peoples opinion if they think that this years team on ability & commitment is; much better, better, about the same, worse or much worse than last years squad that was playing for free. I don’t know or care what the budget is I just wondered what others perception is, mine is "about the same".

Steve, Redolution what a fantastic word love it!! lol!
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:26 pm

RockDJ wrote:

I was also wondering last night & I’m keen on other peoples opinion if they think that this years team on ability & commitment is; much better, better, about the same, worse or much worse than last years squad that was playing for free. I don’t know or care what the budget is I just wondered what others perception is, mine is "about the same".

Steve, Redolution what a fantastic word love it!! lol!

That’s a difficult one. Last season, we had a young, inexperienced team. There was nothing wrong with that team of players ‘per se’; but it was all too much soon for them to be competing in the CN. I’ve not yet seen any real difference between this years team and last years in terms of commitment and effort. Both groups of players have mostly been hard working and dedicated. But this years team are being paid. Maybe not much, but enough to attract better players than we could last year; and to a lower standard.

Nobody knows what the budget is, but I’m guessing that ours is somewhat more than what has been publicly suggested.

Lets not forget that under Mr Brown, we had a bunch of highly paid mercenaries. Some of whom were being paid maybe £400-£500 a week. That squad almost got us relegated in our second season in the CN. Money helps, but it guarantees nothing.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:41 pm

I saw the away win at Hyde last year and we were awesome that day...Matty Smith at his absolute best.

I then saw the last couple of games and the commitment shown by the players was top drawer.
the home game v Guisely was a good example and they nearly went all the way!
Quality wise, we were a bit short...but work rate and effort could not be faulted...Joe Hull as a good example.

Obviously, I have not seen any performances this season...it sounds as though Mr Sockett and Mr Swan have one eye on developing a young, energetic and hard working team ethic...with another eye on the fixed budget, based on home attendances at 250 peeps.

When we are paying $50 a week, the quality and experience are not going to be there...we have to accept that.
From my spys in the camp, I would suggest the squad is stronger this season and hopefully we can keep the core team together longer than the next game. It will be interesting to see the reaction when we lose a game or two.

I spoke to Mr Swan today who informed me he did not leave the bar until 1am this morning....things are obviosuly going well!! Beer P#sshead
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  jenko Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:49 am

There was a problem with levels on the PA system against Bedford and the PA guy was completely new as welll.
I was asked to guide him through which I tried to but I have to do the match report as well, and also on midweek games cannot get there till 7.30 anyway.
I know Chris Swan was looking for someone to do the mike on a regular basis as the last few seasons it has been a case of anyone who is there and willing to muck in with it, whether that be press, Kingfisher FM or another volunteer.
Not an ideal situation and I'm sure the club would welcome a reliable, regular announcer who could do the job at every, or at least most home games.

jenko
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:59 am

jenko wrote:There was a problem with levels on the PA system against Bedford and the PA guy was completely new as welll.
I was asked to guide him through which I tried to but I have to do the match report as well, and also on midweek games cannot get there till 7.30 anyway.
I know Chris Swan was looking for someone to do the mike on a regular basis as the last few seasons it has been a case of anyone who is there and willing to muck in with it, whether that be press, Kingfisher FM or another volunteer.
Not an ideal situation and I'm sure the club would welcome a reliable, regular announcer who could do the job at every, or at least most home games.

Porrohman! you are a natural on the mike. You should do it.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:35 am

What happened to kingfisher fm broadcasting live for us?
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jenko Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:47 am

I don't think they exist, or if they do are not doing a temporary broadcast at the moment.
It really needs someone who can concentrate fully on the announcements withough having to do other duties such as commenataries or match reports.

jenko
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:16 am

jenko wrote:I don't think they exist, or if they do are not doing a temporary broadcast at the moment.
It really needs someone who can concentrate fully on the announcements withough having to do other duties such as commenataries or match reports.

Its crying out for Porrohman.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 am

Ade and his whitty snack bar sattire get's my vote too
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin