Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small minority

+2
porrohman
Bedfordfan
6 posters

Go down

A small minority Empty A small minority

Post  Bedfordfan Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 am

Firstly, I wanted to say congratulations on your win the other night and good luck for the rest of the season.

Not had a chance to come on and post by now but I wanted to post to say I do hope your club does something about the 10-15 teenagers who spoilt our experience of your club the other night

Only kids of course, and nothing wrong with banter, in moderation and if it does not overstep the line.

However to be subjected to continual swearing and taunts in the first 45 minutes in the seats at the far end of the ground, culminating in one of the lads simulating taking a dump on our supporters Bedford/England flag was one thing. Yes of course some comments were thrown back too

Then to see them move themselves down the other end next to us at half time. OK, no problem as such. However to run up to us screaming and sticking two fingers up in our faces when you had scored was another thing entirely

It was only the prompt action of some of the adult stewards (unlike the teenage stewards who stood laughing at our end through the first half) getting between the two sets of fans that avoided something ugly, as I know tempers were lost our side at this provocation

It is one of the joys long lost to the league game to be able to wander around and mix at our level of football and not feel uneasy at taunting, bullying and the rest. No one wants segregation at our level, but this was perhaps the only occasion in following this league for 15 years when I would have felt more comfortable with it.

I do hope the club stewards report back to those in charge your end and nip this in the bud.

If not, good luck to these kids when the likes of St Albans, Weymouth etc come along. It might be another story for them as some of these travelling fans are trickier than we are.

As I say, no hard feelings about the result, or the majority of you. Enjoyed the facilities, particularly enjoyed the elevated views. Stop those kids before they spoil the reputation of your club please. Teach them some respect, and where to draw the line

Bedfordfan
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

A small minority Empty Re: A small minority

Post  porrohman Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:46 am

Hi Bedford Fan,
I am involved in The Supporters TRUST ar the club. I saw the 'tail end' of the incident after the goal, then saw the following day on our official Facebook page, saw a post from a kid of 13 ish boasting about 'charging the Bedford fans when we scored'.
I called the club the morning after the game to discuss what we are going to do about these kids.
We have worked so hard to try and get the people of Redditch down to watch the team, we won't let these idiots spoil it. Your fans were great and should not be subjected to what you experienced on Tuesday. For that on behalf of TRUST I apologize. I can assure you on Saturday these kids are getting a good talking to about their behaviour.
It's simple ...any more behaviour like that and we'll ask the club to ban them. The club operate 'kids for a quid', we want the youth of our town to support the club. Not these lot believe me. On the playing side I thought you deserved something from the game...your side played some lovely football. We are re building, and things are looking great for us so far..so a win was very welcome. Good luck for the rest of the season.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:56 am

These kids are a continued problem that has been around for a few years, I am not sure if they are the same kids but the club need to sort this out. Me, I would just ban them. Also whoever those stewards were the other night as the Bedford fan mentions should also be released from their duties.

To be honest ever since I have watched the last few years are only a few stewards who know what they are doing, a fair few just think they are some sort of special person just because they have a walkie talky.

I hope these mindless idiots were just a small problem to the Bedford fans, the club as Porrohman states is trying hard to build a family friendly atmosphere and these sort of people are not welcome. Banter yes this sort of behaviour no. Shop them back to the Kingfisher centre.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:09 am

I honestly thought they were Bedford fans untill we scored.

The Fact they were in the same stands as your fans first and majority of second half made me think that.

Harmless banter is great, probably good to cheer you up if you're losing.

I hope this is dealt with in the best possible manner so it doensn't happen again in future!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 am

yes, sorry to hear about the mindless idiots, who spoilt the evening.

I too thought that they were Bedford fans, so it came as a nasty surprise when the stewards had to intervene

in the un-necessary incident that occured during the second half, and as Porrohman stated the club as is

trying hard to build a family friendly atmosphere and these sort of people are not welcome.

Im all in favour of good natured banter, but that sort of behaviour in totally un-acceptable.

On the field, you deserved something from the game, you played some lovely neat football with nothing to show

for it.

I wish you and Bedford all the best for season ( apart from when we play you again) And apologize for the

idiotic behaviour of others.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:56 pm

I think Porrohman got it spot on....unfortunately, when you are trying to encourage young people to the ground (in today's society!) you tend to drag the dregs along to.

Every team has them...Redditch is not unique.

Maybe a word to the head steward (is it still Steve Rae?) to keep a special eye on them or maybe a clip round the ear hole by Justin, will do the trick!

Fight fire with fire!
Senile
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:43 pm

Bedfordfan wrote:Firstly, I wanted to say congratulations on your win the other night and good luck for the rest of the season.

Not had a chance to come on and post by now but I wanted to post to say I do hope your club does something about the 10-15 teenagers who spoilt our experience of your club the other night

Only kids of course, and nothing wrong with banter, in moderation and if it does not overstep the line.

However to be subjected to continual swearing and taunts in the first 45 minutes in the seats at the far end of the ground, culminating in one of the lads simulating taking a dump on our supporters Bedford/England flag was one thing. Yes of course some comments were thrown back too

Then to see them move themselves down the other end next to us at half time. OK, no problem as such. However to run up to us screaming and sticking two fingers up in our faces when you had scored was another thing entirely

It was only the prompt action of some of the adult stewards (unlike the teenage stewards who stood laughing at our end through the first half) getting between the two sets of fans that avoided something ugly, as I know tempers were lost our side at this provocation

It is one of the joys long lost to the league game to be able to wander around and mix at our level of football and not feel uneasy at taunting, bullying and the rest. No one wants segregation at our level, but this was perhaps the only occasion in following this league for 15 years when I would have felt more comfortable with it.

I do hope the club stewards report back to those in charge your end and nip this in the bud.

If not, good luck to these kids when the likes of St Albans, Weymouth etc come along. It might be another story for them as some of these travelling fans are trickier than we are.

As I say, no hard feelings about the result, or the majority of you. Enjoyed the facilities, particularly enjoyed the elevated views. Stop those kids before they spoil the reputation of your club please. Teach them some respect, and where to draw the line

Totally agree, It was me that came between the two sets of fans and We were not aware of what happened first half or the conduct of the young stewards. On be half of the Club I would like to apologise and assure you that this is in no way a representation of Redditch United Fans, these youths will be spoken to and any repeat of there behaviour will result in life time ban. We aim to provide a safe and happy experience at the Valley for both Home and Away supporters and look forward to coming to your ground for an equally competitive Match.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 am

Redjeff wrote:
Bedfordfan wrote:Firstly, I wanted to say congratulations on your win the other night and good luck for the rest of the season.

Totally agree, It was me that came between the two sets of fans and We were not aware of what happened first half or the conduct of the young stewards. On be half of the Club I would like to apologise and assure you that this is in no way a representation of Redditch United Fans, these youths will be spoken to and any repeat of there behaviour will result in life time ban. We aim to provide a safe and happy experience at the Valley for both Home and Away supporters and look forward to coming to your ground for an equally competitive Match.

What is being done about the stewards who have not been doing the job expected mate? Have they been trained? If the Stewards in a scenario like this behave in this manner then there is no hope!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down