Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.

+13
TRae
allotmentender
arsene
RockDJ
Bob Marley
nevergreen
Leethall
in2thevalley
rawlings09
porrohman
Redditchbluenose86
Captain Carlin
fingers
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.  Empty Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.

Post  fingers Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 am

Here please...

Last edited by fingers on Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.  Empty Re: Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.

Post  Captain Carlin Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:44 am

Redditch to lose 3 - 1
Attendance 211
Reds goalscorer ; Addagio
Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.  Empty Re: Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 am

Reds 1-2 Stalybridge - Fitzpatrick

Att: 198
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:31 am

Reds 1 Stalybridge 4

Att 215
Scorer: Smith

We need a big Cedar Rd effort Saturday boys!!!!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:34 am

Stalybridge 1 - 2 Redditch - Green, Addagio - att 210

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:54 am

Reds 2 - Stalybridge 4
Smith, Green
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 am

2-2 green smith 206
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:53 am

Unfortunatley can only see another heavy defeat 5 v 0 and our lowest gate of the season 137.Unless they bring a good following,because i cannot see the good folk of Redditch coming out for this one.Only 2 home wins all season well beat 4 v 1 in our last home game and Matty saying it was the worst of the season and that after our heaviest home defeat(9 v 0 v Boston) in my time watching Redditch.So my question to you all is someone quotes the following facts and ask why they should handover there hard earned cash.We have only won 3 matches all season,2 at home not won since oct 9 well beat again v Workington,bottom of the league 6 points adrift,we,ve the worst defence and forward line in the league,how the hell do you pesuade people to come down to the valley?Now i wait for the onslaught from some for being negative, i find it hard to say these facts as i have followed us up and down the country over many years,but facts are facts.We all know that this is a long term plan to turn things around and for me is well worth the downside,but i have been asked these questions and explained the plan but they seem unimpressed and said unless they see results improving they won't part with their cash.Which underlines what a massive mountain we have to climb.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:43 am

Can't make this one as I have a Poker tournament on Sat afternoon Very Happy

Redditch 1 Stalybridge 5

Smith for the Reds
Marsh to get at least 3 for Staly.

Attendance 208
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 am

time to park the bus even at home.

0-0 in front of 172
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 pm

OMG...positiveness draining from me even as I write this....

1 nil the REDS.......COMMMONN!

Att: 210
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Just a thought..

When I moved to the US, I bought a season ticket to continue my financial support.

The ticket has not been used...am I included in the matchday attendance or it is purely on turnstile clicks?

fingers?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Cor! Good question mate...

Season ticket holders are included in the attendance at League clubs as long as the ticket is valid for the match, so not for Cup ties etc...

I see no reason why it's different at any level, though the further down you go the less likely clubs are to count them, moreso when you've only got a handful.

Officially, yes (I think), but down to the individual clubs as to whether it actually happens.

I will double check the facts.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Fingers you are the font of all knowlegde. I bow down before you Rules Rules
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Mighty Reds 2 - I've seen some bollockings at the hands of Stalybridge 1

Att. 171

UTR
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Denis, it's not being negative, all your facts are true. I firmly believe people pick up the local papers and see we've lost 4-1 at home, got done 5-1 away etc..look at the table and think no more of coming down. If/when we go down...they'll see a few wins, see us higher in the table...then pop down for a look. There's one thing I've left out here, one thing I bet they don't even look at or maybe aren't aware of...what league we are in. One week the papers should print the table with ' The Batchley Chip Shop Mixed Kebab with chilli, no mayo League' on the top....I don't think many would notice.
In a nutshell...I think we'll attract more fans in a lower league, supporting a winning team.
I could be wrong. My thoughts only.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Ade..I agree with you.

Hardcore fans will be there whatever - Reds hard core = 100ish
Others come to see a winning team or float in when they hear things are going well..I thing everyone agrees on that.

The problem I have is if we are relegated we lose 15k league money.. our expenses would remain the same: travel, utilities, debt provision. Do we think our attendances would increase to cover the 15k difference?
This is before FA Cup/Trophy potential?

And of course, by being relegated into a very competitive league, is no guarantee we will win games...so the spiral downwards continues.

Let's remember, to stay in this league has cost everyone involved with the club - we promised something we could not deliver...now we are picking up the pieces.

My advice to the Directors: Call Chris Swan, negotiate to pass the club for all debts paid off (brewery/council/EON etc) and come and join us on the Cedar Road to enjoy the football. Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.  542343
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm

I was thinking the same thing Dennis!!

What have we got to offer new fans or potential fans?

The ground... with all due respect, is hardly a great place to bring your family, could do with a tidy up really. The football, well, the league table doesn't lie. The bar... pipes aren't often cleaned? again, could do with a brighten up.

Club shop... fantastic

It'll take something special to get people down here, what with all the competition and all that... we can offer honest football.. but we go to the youth of redditch "we can offer you honest football" they'd rather keep their Villa/Blues/Man Utd etc i'm sure of it.

We are a BSN Club surviving on 150 hardcore fans that come every week!

It is a success driven business... i don't care what people say. People don't want to watch a losing side!

All of this aside... Hats off to the management team, they're doing the best they can on the squad and budget they have, i sympathise with them. Hats off to the people off the pitch... Everyone involved in the Club, Ken Rae, Tracy etc, think what you like about them, but having spoken to Ken after i had a rant, i can see he genuinely wants the best for this club! If he walks tomorrow, what do we do?! Hats off to the fans! The ones that come week in week out to support the team they love, win, lose or draw!

UTR!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 am

Bob Marley wrote:A

My advice to the Directors: Call Chris Swan, negotiate to pass the club for all debts paid off (brewery/council/EON etc) Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.  542343
Is Mr Swan still interested? If he came in what immediate impact would he have on saving our season? Rolling Eyes these are questions and not a opinion. I would like to see something happen but only if it really will benefit the clubs future.

Back to top Go down

Post  arsene Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:08 am

Bob Marley wrote:
My advice to the Directors: Call Chris Swan, negotiate to pass the club for all debts paid off (brewery/council/EON etc) and come and join us on the Cedar Road to enjoy the football. Predictions thread- Redditch v Stalyvegas- Sat 22nd Jan.  542343

Trouble is, I think, Steve, is that, reading the account of his aborted attempt to take over Kiddie, that he is not prepared to take on a club's previous debts. I'm not sure Redditch would be any different but as you say it's certainly worth a try.

A
arsene
arsene
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 am

If Mr. Swann was still interested, he'd be here, and we'd all be laughing! From what i gathered from Ken, he needs shares from previous people, Gary Whild, Etc!

Ken himself said why would he turn down any financial help? especially from a multi-millionaire? i think Ken would still like to talk with Chris... but i don't know... Tracy would know more about that than me.

Hope he comes to us, we need it! Head against wall
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 am

in2thevalley wrote:Fingers you are the font of all knowlegde. I bow down before you Rules Rules

He didn't answer the question Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  TRae Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 am

Hi guys - Ken is certainly happy to call Chris and ask him if he is still interested in taking over the club. Both of us would be more than happy to be part of the Cedar Road crew Steve.

If we were to be relegated we would lose 13K a year. This if from 8K premier league donation (this has 2 years left to run) and 5K Blue Square sponsorship. Obviously if relegated we have none of this. Zamaretto Prem pay nothing to the clubs and the league fees are £500 more expensive than Blue Square. We presume this is because the overhead of the football conference is subsidised out of the Blue Square monies. As has been muted on here we would hope to keep our 100ish hardcore fans wherever we play - and hopefully if we were to be competitive in Zam prem and we winning more than losing we could increase our gate with people who like to see a 'winning team' - and this has the knock on effect of giving us more revenue. Maybe not 13K worth but who knows?? It would be a learning curve for all. What is required is for the club to improve commercially, which is something Ken is working on. He is in negotiation with the council over changing our current licence to accommodate an annual concert/boxing event.
TRae
TRae
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks for the clarrification Tracey...always better from the horses mouth, so to speak.

It is good to hear what is happening, as supporters have obvious concerns in our current situation.
Commercial ventures are not easy to come by these days - companies first cut in annual budget is marketing...I know it from personal experience!

I am in LA next week...did you hear anything back from OO? I have got his secretaries number to call to arrange a meeting when I arrive...I could do with the copy of the letter sent to ensure I am aware of what was requested..can you send it to me? Thanks.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:Thanks for the clarrification Tracey...always better from the horses mouth, so to speak.

It is good to hear what is happening, as supporters have obvious concerns in our current situation.
Commercial ventures are not easy to come by these days - companies first cut in annual budget is marketing...I know it from personal experience!

I am in LA next week...did you hear anything back from OO? I have got his secretaries number to call to arrange a meeting when I arrive...I could do with the copy of the letter sent to ensure I am aware of what was requested..can you send it to me? Thanks.
That's what we need at the Valley The Prince Of Darkness, anyone for a f&*king BAT? affraid Shaaaaaron!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next