Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k

+3
Bob Marley
Leethall
InCanada
7 posters

Go down

Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k Empty Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k

Post  InCanada Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Thread on Reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k

E.O.N Have called in a £5,200 debt to be payed by tomorrow.
Pulling no punches guys, this looks like the end for us! Unless someone can drum up over £5,000.
Ps. Shirts have arrived and will be taken to print tomorrow!
Cheers Guys!

InCanada
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k Empty Re: Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm

InCanada wrote:Thread on Reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k

E.O.N Have called in a £5,200 debt to be payed by tomorrow.
Pulling no punches guys, this looks like the end for us! Unless someone can drum up over £5,000.
Ps. Shirts have arrived and will be taken to print tomorrow!
Cheers Guys!

Will this force administration? EON may not get any of the £5.2k so could lose out on this action Head against wall
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k Empty Re: Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:11 pm

From what I understand, the 5k has been found by very generous people around the club...we live to fight another day
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Bob Marley wrote:From what I understand, the 5k has been found by very generous people around the club...we live to fight another day

That is awesome news and those people need to be thanked for such a kind generous offer.

This though proves that clubs who are in this position are living on the edge as we have seen with EON in this instance and HMRC with the various clubs this season taking no more sh*t (eg Ilkeston, Windsor & Eton, Plymouth, Kiddy etc).

Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Just to confirm, the money has been found and will EON be paid tomorrow.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks Porrohman....now no more bullsh#t..time to change NOW, end of
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Thanks Porrohman....now no more bullsh#t..time to change NOW, end of

+1.....couldn't agree more
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Just to be clear, i posted it on reddit... just to see how people would respond... sorry if it was against anyones wishes.

MASSIVE thankyou to anyone who put money in!

Need to be honourary members IMO!

I didn't want to sit back and do fluff all over such a serious matter! Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k 58547
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:43 pm

It is not a problem Joe..

The issue we have is that we can not set a donation button legally without being a registered charity.

An individual can register to specialized companies for marathons etc, but this is controlled to prevent fraud and we do not want to do something that is not legal.

I suggest we make TRUST a charitable organisation. I have started to find the best way and we need to put this on the agenda for the next meeting as there will be certain requirements we have to fulfill.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Okay, Steve!

Some redditors are getting impatient Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k 111216
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 am

Bob Marley wrote:Thanks Porrohman....now no more bullsh#t..time to change NOW, end of

Agree mate but unfortunately it was true. It is great that this debt has been cleared and as I have stated previously those persons/people are owed a debt of gratitude by all of us who support RUFC. The thing is in situations like this communication is a key aspect, it is fairly easy to check what companies have writs served so it is more than likely in the public domain so anybody who cares about the club who found this is going to ask questions.

What we need to try and get in place for the football club is a communication channel where we can inform fans in a clear, consistent and timely manner. This would stop half of the rumours that may or may not be true.

In times like this I would rather this be out in the public domain and debated.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 am

So £4,500 was demanded by E-on for the following morning? Surely this would have been requested alot more in advance?

Either way, I'd just like to say a massive thanks to those who dug deep and settled this debt Beer Cheers
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 pm

I very much doubt E.O.N would call in a debt that big and expect it the following day?
Something that we don't know? Or something we're not being told?

Needs sorting... i feel strongly about having TRUST as a major part of this club! Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k 58547
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 am

rawlings09 wrote:I very much doubt E.O.N would call in a debt that big and expect it the following day?
Something that we don't know? Or something we're not being told?

Needs sorting... i feel strongly about having TRUST as a major part of this club! Thread on reddit: Redditch United need 5.2k 58547
It would not surprise me, E.on are not a very nice company and use dodgy tactics amongst other things. However its not like they have just called in the debt, its been there for a while now and at some point they were always going to call it in. Lets just be thankful that those who were able to help helped, the best way to thank them is to march on and get things done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down