Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REDHEAD SACKED

+5
adiy price
in2thevalley
porrohman
Leethall
del boy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

REDHEAD SACKED Empty REDHEAD SACKED

Post  del boy Wed May 04, 2011 3:35 am

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

REDHEAD SACKED Empty Re: REDHEAD SACKED

Post  Leethall Wed May 04, 2011 4:23 am

No great shock that.

Fair play to Redders, did a great job whilst he was at the club in trying circumstances
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed May 04, 2011 4:44 am

Not suprised. Fair play to him for taking the job on under difficult circumstances in the first place.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 6:01 am

Yeah fair play to Redders for stepping in to what was a difficult position, who ever comes in now will have the pressure of delivering but that's what we need to succeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed May 04, 2011 8:04 am

I wish him well, he did a very good job under difficuly circumstances, and the way the team played was a credit to the management team. They did play some very good football on a zero budget. the question is who will take the reigns??
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed May 04, 2011 9:08 am

I'd like to see it advertised. If prospective managers think they've got a big budget then forget it.
It's time for a guy who backs himself and has faith in his ability as a Manager to takeover, not someone who's only interested in how much the budget is.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Thu May 05, 2011 5:46 am

i'm down at the ground now, me n mark were talking bout new manager and roger moore's put his c.v in to chris and chris wants someone local who knows what redditch needs so i reckon hes got a good chance Very Happy
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 am

Someone Tell tappers the job position is Vacant again!!! Very Happy
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Thu May 05, 2011 8:37 am

Its like Groundhog Day...........................................
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 am

adiy price wrote:i'm down at the ground now, me n mark were talking bout new manager and roger moore's put his c.v in to chris and chris wants someone local who knows what redditch needs so i reckon hes got a good chance Very Happy
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Full of sh*t RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 am

No great shock. But as I said before, I do think that its ridiculously harsh especially when publically sacking him. A nice change of direction statement with the change of circumstances and new owner would have been a nicer and more diplomatic way of going about it.

Good look to him the future.

Last edited by JBS on Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 am

I agree that the wording was unfortunate and indeed, rather surprising.

The usual "left by mutual consent" cliché could have been used……providing it was by 'mutual' consent! Maybe Simon was given that option but refused it and had to be pushed?

Either way, all circumstances considered, it’s not really a black mark on his c.v.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:08 am

del boy wrote:I agree that the wording was unfortunate and indeed, rather surprising.

The usual "left by mutual consent" cliché could have been used……providing it was by 'mutual' consent! Maybe Simon was given that option but refused it and had to be pushed?

Either way, all circumstances considered, it’s not really a black mark on his c.v.
That's the press for you, the official line is on the Redditch United Fc main web site. Simon Redhead was Dismissed FACT!, He was not Sacked.
Sacked suggest's He has done something wrong(He has not), Dismissed suggest's that during a meeting it was agreed that Simon Redhead was not the manager to take Redditch United Fc forward(Fact!).
Chairman Chris Swan said: “Simon stepped in at a difficult time for the club and everyone associated
with Redditch United is grateful for his efforts and wish him the best for the future.
“But this is a crucial time for the club and it was felt that a change of manager was needed if we
were to be competitive next season".

Same old press blah blah blah always looking for the negative in everything and making it up as they go along,every one involved at the club appreciates what redders has done and your right delboy he leaves without a black mark on his c.v..
Now its time to build a solid foundation for the future and not believe what we read in the gutter press.

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Thu May 05, 2011 11:59 am

My first thought was that “sacked” was rather harsh, but that it was the papers wording, not the clubs. Then I read the article on the official webpage which used the word “dismissed”. Sorry Jeff, but sacked and dismissed are just two different words for the same thing.

But as I said earlier, we are not privy to how the meeting went so who knows!? Redheads last interview in the paper suggested that he genuinely thought he deserved a chance to continue in the role.

p.s. I’m not sure that you should include The Advertiser in the ‘gutter press’ category!!!!! Have you never read (browsed) the Daily wanker Sport?

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 2:06 am

del boy wrote:My first thought was that “sacked” was rather harsh, but that it was the papers wording, not the clubs. Then I read the article on the official webpage which used the word “dismissed”. Sorry Jeff, but sacked and dismissed are just two different words for the same thing.

But as I said earlier, we are not privy to how the meeting went so who knows!? Redheads last interview in the paper suggested that he genuinely thought he deserved a chance to continue in the role.

p.s. I’m not sure that you should include The Advertiser in the ‘gutter press’ category!!!!! Have you never read (browsed) the Daily wanker Sport?

Firstly my use of "gutter press" is slightly tongue in cheek and something I like to throw at fingers now and then as a wind-up(he knows where I am coming from), Secondly Jon I am aware that Sacked and Dismissed are similar but the word Sacked is slang and gives a different slant on the word dismissed.
My point is the club used the word dismissed because he was deemed not suitable to take the Team forward(they let him go), If they had said he was Sacked that would imply that he did something seriously wrong. If we assume that the press were given the same statement that appears on the web site then we can assume that the said press think sacked looks a bit more juicy than the word Dismissed, it also tries I think to make the new board/chairman look bad. It makes the club look ungrateful and Redders a victim(not the case), to those who have been to every Game and Training session will know this is the right decision. This is a results business and he did not deliver the goods, that does not mean he has done anything wrong. Lets face it he was no worse than the previous manager who was paid, had a budget and yet could not deliver, so to round up I think the New Board have made the right decision and could not have done/worded this any better than they have and the press will always sex it up.Remember people will look at what they read and judge from there, I say get down the Valley and judge from there. songwrite

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 am

Unfortunately this is the correct decision made and I fully support the owner making this.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 am

Leethall wrote:Unfortunately this is the correct decision made and I fully support the owner making this.
It is mate, Its always going to be difficult but the scenario's have changed. What was a good decision at the time is not the same as the now scenario eg if we were looking for a manager now instead of when Gards left would Simon even be on the list?, I think the answer is no.
This shows the Charge forward is on and that success is what the club and Chairman are after, lets blast this League and come back to the BSN and blast that!! Charge Charge Charge Charge Charge Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 am

One thing we will have to get used to with Mr Swan is that he will want only the best for the Reds.
He will not put sugar on the facts and will tell it as it is.

I only saw the last couple of games and to be fair, the team did themselves proud considering the circumstances.

I think Simon did a good job but I am not sure he fully engaged with the fans or the Directors...I did not feel he had 'fire in the belly'...maybe that's harsh, but I was concenred to hear at the fans forum that Mr Swan and Mr Fennemore were having to 'get players in'.

I think this is a 'head over heart' decision and look forward to the next, exciting chapter of the Reds.

Onwards and upwards.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri May 06, 2011 4:27 am

3 points out of 45...

Personally i think even without a budget, we could have got more points than that?

We had some good players, and were seconds away from results so it wasn't all bad!

I hope the person that comes in does a good job! Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Fri May 06, 2011 8:34 am

The fact of the matter is, that we had forgotten how to win. We have been in situations where all it needed was to close the game out and 3 points would be ours,BUT with the financial constant we had imposed on us, getting "seasoned" player who knew how to do this, we had young and dare I say it niave players who got turned over, and as a result we got punished. HOWEVER, having said that, there were some very good players on show towards the end of the season, and hopefully they will be invited back for next season. This is the time when we need to get the balance right, with young and experienced players alike. With Graham Hyde that is a tremendous positive, and watching on Thursday evenings coaching, is an absolute joy, as those who have been down to the valley will surely testify. As for the manager, I felt that Redders did a very good job,all thing considering,but I felt that he did lack that something you need to be a manager. And I feel like others that the right decision was made. look forward to seeing who the next manager will be.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 am

Rugby Manager, Martin Sockett is one of the leading canditates according the Standard

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat May 07, 2011 12:45 am

There were signs of unrest on the terraces re Redhead...I think the majority agree, nice guy, but not the man.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 am

Its also worth noting and proves my point that the standard's report is very different to that of the advertiser and fails to use the word sacked once, in fact its a very nice piece that's positive and runs the headline " Reds begin search for a new manager". To me that sends out a more positive and accurate message to the good people of Redditch and shows them that the Board are moving in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Sat May 07, 2011 1:59 am

I think the Standard had the edge as The Advertiser had no time to work with the story as it broke Tuesday night.
You're spot on Jeff, the local papers have a big influence on our team, I know the club is working with a company who will ensure lots of press, and positive press. I totally agree with others, the word 'sacked' didn't come across very well at all, plus it wasn't in the original press release.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sat May 07, 2011 2:37 pm

Absolutely the right decision whichever way you look at it. Whether it was £40 or £0 both Gardiner and Redhead were on pitiful budgets and I'm afraid to say that Gardiner's teams played a better game of football than any of Redhead's whose tactics seem to revolve around 'lump it up to Mckenzie and hope for the best.' This is in no way a criticism of him as he stepped in to help in testing circumstances and we all know you can't create Brazil with a 0 budget in the Conference North and the Reds have always been a rather direct team anyway in this division. However I just think Gardiner's sides had more of a cutting edge and we want someone who will instill that in a side for next season!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next