Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon Redhead

+20
Redditch_Reject
Dissheartened Red
Bob Marley
allotmentender
LathamDan
westo22
JBS
Mrs Moor
tho101
underground
lewism5964
ROWLY1971
ted striker
Leethall
mattim
in2thevalley
rawlings09
Terrace Guy
iwasthere1982
oldred
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Redhead the right person to lead us?

Simon Redhead  Vote_lcap13%Simon Redhead  Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Simon Redhead  Vote_lcap21%Simon Redhead  Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Simon Redhead  Vote_lcap4%Simon Redhead  Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Simon Redhead  Vote_lcap62%Simon Redhead  Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 15 ]
Simon Redhead  Vote_lcap0%Simon Redhead  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Simon Redhead  Empty Simon Redhead

Post  oldred Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 pm

In view of the disastrous start to the season, what do you think?

oldred
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Simon Redhead  Empty The management

Post  iwasthere1982 Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 am

Hi im new to all this. I question the management as ive been to all home games this year and a couple of away games and have to say the style of play is just hit it up and see if it sticks there is no theory to the play. the defence are leaking goals all over the place and we are messing up on basics.

Look at the play on sat slow and some players are waiting for it to come to them and not trying to make space. Hendrie is a good signing but why are we playing a winger up front. we had able strikers on the bench which were not used. Danksy has been good and we let Charisma go.

We need to just get bak to basics but with the defence leaking goals we then are asking the strikers to go up the other end and score 3,4,5 goals a game and its not going to happen.

I was left fuming after the performance on saturday and really don't understand readhead and think he needs to go

I am a man of simple needs and all i ask is my team to have a formation use it and use the ball well not hit it and hope and that comes from the manager how are the smaller strikers (danks for example) meant to hold it up front its not going to happen we are putting pressure on ourselves each game and that means it is only a matter of time until we conceed.

I can see the next game being a mauling they are a decent team and if we dont improve quickly and that may start by playing people in there real position then i think Redhead has to go

We are much better than this

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

iwasthere1982
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Simon Redhead  Empty Re: Simon Redhead

Post  Terrace Guy Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 am

It's not Redhead's fault but signing him in the first place was not a suitable act for a club whose supposed ambition is to make steady progress.
At the end of last season we had what looked like a decent team who with a few decent additons could have challenged for the play offs in my opinion. Taking out Lee Hendrie who was always going to go maybe more should have been done to persuade the others to stay, especially as two (warmer/robinson) ended up going to a pretty poor Evesham side who were relegated.
Redhead and signings like Agbonlahor represent the clubs financial basketcase past and they were here before at a time when there could be nothing other than a losing mentality given the state we were in. Therefore he is not and never was the right man.
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:50 am

He's had two spells at the club and although the first time he had no money, this time round with a budget results are no better considering.

I echo what Terrace Guy said, the move in general was a step backwards towards the days where we were fucked, had no budget and the players played for squat. I often think we shouldn't have got rid of Hydey and although i beleive Chris shouldn't bankroll us, a worthy investment would have meant us being right up in the mix for playoff places! And perhaps the £500 or so a week extra would have been subsidised by the increased gates that come with success..

We said it alot last year but if things stay as they are currently we'll go down! Head against wall
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:32 am

To me this is like Ground Hog day, we were in this situation round about this time last year weren't we? We sacked Sockett and brought in Hyde and only just stayed up. Ok we ARE NOT PLAYING WELL, and i have aired my views on the dis-appointing performances so far this season,and some of the strange tactics we have used in games, but what will actually achieve by sacking Redhead? and more importantly who do we want as a replacement and equally would they want to come to the valley?

I have said before that there is something amiss at the club this season, what it is I cant pinpoint, but we all need to rally round together, players and supporters alike to get the club out of this trough of despondency and gloom.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 pm

I thought Redders did really well for us when he was managing with no budget, he built an inexperienced but not half bad team that never seemed to lack commitment and always gave 100%. I was disappointed when he didn't get the job and I was rather underwhelmed by the appointment of Martin Sockett. Having said that, perhaps Sockett deserved a bit more time.

I was a bit surprised when Chris gave the job to Redhead when Graham Hyde left, after seemingly casting him aside a year earlier but given what he had done for us I wasn't disappointed with the decision, I thought he had done enough to deserve another go.

I also felt (and still do) that man for man we have a better squad than last season and it is a complete mystery to me why we are struggling so badly but clearly there is something wrong. I still have a gut feeling that if we can just get a win it would boost confidence and we could well be climbing the table.

The big decision now for the Swan's is how long can they give Redhead ?

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 am

My view is that we really have to thank Kim Casey for how well we are doing this season. He is a non league legend and by all accounts is a top class coach. Maybe in the future if things do not work out with Redders we have a ready made replacement in house.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Leethall wrote:My view is that we really have to thank Kim Casey for how well we are doing this season. He is a non league legend and by all accounts is a top class coach. Maybe in the future if things do not work out with Redders we have a ready made replacement in house.

I voted yes on the original poll, and I see no reason to change my mind. I should qualify that by saying that I've only seen one Redditch game this season, the defeat at home to Barwell, so maybe I've not seen them at their worst - nor at their best.

But whatever the current issues you more regular supporters see with the team's performances, the worst possible thing that the club could do now is to change manager yet again. The position becomes more toxic with each change of occupant, and to be advertising the post again so soon after reappointing Simon Redhead would simply add more weight to the arguments of those who seek to denigrate, discredit and criticise the stewardship of the club.

That said, should a change be deemed necessary, I would hope that Kim Casey is retained, as he has proved during his various stints at the club to be a most able coach, and should he be interested in the manager's role, then I think he would be an appropriate choice.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:23 am

The chairman knows what he's doing, let's all trust him....... Rolling Eyes
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 am

It really must be time to look at the manager situation as yet another loss shows that we have made no progress. We show no signs of scoring goals and lack any conviction. We had 2 subs today and I find that unbelievable for a 1st team side, even if the reserves are playing they should be providing players to sit on the bench.

On the pitch we have made no progress whatsoever from when Mr Swan came in to the club and we are slowly heading towards another relegation. Kettering could even overtake us with their current form.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:28 am

Yes today was a complete shower of s#it. We set out to get a draw, plain and simple and it was always going to be a recipe for disaster. We have a manager who stands there shouting “stand up“, “squeeze“ and “pressure“, yes well done very constructive, i could stand there saying that rubbish, what are they going to do, lie down?
Jermaine Clarke did nothing all game but was praised when he came off, we didnt have one threatening shot on goal and we need change now! About 10-15 reds fans present which shows that the feel good away factor has definitely gone, we took more to weymouth!
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I didn't go today but I didn't bother following the game after seeing hendrie and quaynor's lack of enthusiasm to play today, why bother supporting them if the play are not bothered.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:29 pm

lewism5964 wrote:I didn't go today but I didn't bother following the game after seeing hendrie and quaynor's lack of enthusiasm to play today, why bother supporting them if the play are not bothered.

Where you hear that? Twitter?
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah I follow both players, basically both of them were hoping the game was off today, not the right attitude!
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:The chairman knows what he's doing, let's all trust him....... Rolling Eyes
£750 budget,that'll make us a league club in 5 years won't it! this poll should be about the chairman not the manager.
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  tho101 Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 am

The budget is £1500

tho101

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs Moor Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 am

What a strange poll.

Surely you should be conducting a poll on the people who are not putting in 100% why on earth conduct a poll on those desperate for things to work out.

Simon Redhead has been on a hiding for nothing from day one especially if you listen to the gossip surrounding his appointment.

If you want to conduct a poll may I suggest you ask what is the end game for Heart to Heart because from the outside looking in they look to be working Harder not Smarter and seem devoid of offering the supporter the smallest glimpse of hope.

A side that finished in a relegation position is now top of the table, just how hard is it for a multi millionaire to win this league if he really wanted too. Anyone would think failure was his number one target.

Come on guy’s it’s time to smell the coffee and stop blaming successive managers and players, at least they are looking for a win come quarter to five.

Just how slow are the people of Redditch.

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 am

We should have kept Hydey Wink Fishing
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JBS Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:29 am

lewism5964 wrote:I didn't go today but I didn't bother following the game after seeing hendrie and quaynor's lack of enthusiasm to play today, why bother supporting them if the play are not bothered.

I saw that too, what chance have you got when at least two of the players can't be bothered?

I was completly behind Simon after his first stint, he had a team that gave everything and despite the results I loved going to watch.

This season has been pathetic all around, one on the one hand I think it's time for him to go on the other there seems to be something so fundamentaly wrong at the club at the moment I dont think it really matters who's in charge on the pitch it's not going to change anything.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:36 pm

JBS wrote:

I saw that too, what chance have you got when at least two of the players can't be bothered?

I was completly behind Simon after his first stint, he had a team that gave everything and despite the results I loved going to watch.

This season has been pathetic all around, one on the one hand I think it's time for him to go on the other there seems to be something so fundamentaly wrong at the club at the moment I dont think it really matters who's in charge on the pitch it's not going to change anything.

That pretty much sums up how I feel.

And, I suspect roughly 90 % of Reds fans.

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 pm

mattim wrote:
JBS wrote:

That pretty much sums up how I feel.

And, I suspect roughly 90 % of Reds fans.

also its conner who also cant be arshed to play thats why conner is always on the bench but i have seen a improvement of josh quaynor Very Happy
westo22
westo22

Back to top Go down

Post  LathamDan Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Disagree with u westo quaynors effort has got worse during the course of the season significantly he has got worse ever since Hemel away but I do agree on the bit about Connor

LathamDan
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  LathamDan Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:08 pm

And as quoted earlier by someone £750 can't expect playoffs with that something needs to happen and it needs to be soon

LathamDan
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm

if he wants us to reach the confrence in 5 years we have 3 years left and needs to be 3 prometions in a row well we have no chance as much as i support reds a £750 budget is not going to do much
westo22
westo22

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm

westo22 wrote:if he wants us to reach the confrence in 5 years we have 3 years left and needs to be 3 prometions in a row well we have no chance as much as i support reds a £750 budget is not going to do much

True, but i'm going to sound like BM here (it's one thing I do agree with him on) if that's all we can support as a club, that's all we're going to get, with crowds dropping by the week the budget is more than likely going to be less by next season!!! We're a big town but a small club, finding our place in the pyramid again (lets face it, the conf north seasons we were punching above our weight for the size of the club) and sadly that may be a league below at the the moment!!!

It would be great to pump loads of money in, but when we're in the conference averaging 500/600 a game (due to decent away supports) and whoever pumped the money in has had enough, that would without doubt be the end of the club IMO

Last edited by allotmentender on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed the 'S' on end of conf north seasons!!!)
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next