Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon Redhead

+20
Redditch_Reject
Dissheartened Red
Bob Marley
allotmentender
LathamDan
westo22
JBS
Mrs Moor
tho101
underground
lewism5964
ROWLY1971
ted striker
Leethall
mattim
in2thevalley
rawlings09
Terrace Guy
iwasthere1982
oldred
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Redhead the right person to lead us?

Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 15 ]
Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Simon Redhead  - Page 2 Empty Re: Simon Redhead

Post  underground Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 am

allotmentender wrote:
westo22 wrote:if he wants us to reach the confrence in 5 years we have 3 years left and needs to be 3 prometions in a row well we have no chance as much as i support reds a £750 budget is not going to do much

True, but i'm going to sound like BM here (it's one thing I do agree with him on) if that's all we can support as a club, that's all we're going to get, with crowds dropping by the week the budget is more than likely going to be less by next season!!! We're a big town but a small club, finding our place in the pyramid again (lets face it, the conf north seasons we were punching above our weight for the size of the club) and sadly that may be a league below at the the moment!!!

It would be great to pump loads of money in, but when we're in the conference averaging 500/600 a game (due to decent away supports) and whoever pumped the money in has had enough, that would without doubt be the end of the club IMO
not sure thats how it is, our att's were up on average last season and thats when we should have done something to build on the no's. if swan had done his homework he would have a clear idea on numbers yet still promissed the club,fans an town a league club.it started well, then the fog cleared we started to see the reality of it all. and thats when new blood stopped coming through the gates and reg fans stopped coming.if we were doing ok then i'd agree but we're not and its not the fans or the people of redditch's fault its the swans, the opportunity has been lost and not even bob 'bono' marley can save us now.i'd rather support a dead club that tried than a club trying to die.swans out please.
underground
underground
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:22 am

allotmentender wrote:
westo22 wrote:if he wants us to reach the confrence in 5 years we have 3 years left and needs to be 3 prometions in a row well we have no chance as much as i support reds a £750 budget is not going to do much

True, but i'm going to sound like BM here (it's one thing I do agree with him on) if that's all we can support as a club, that's all we're going to get, with crowds dropping by the week the budget is more than likely going to be less by next season!!! We're a big town but a small club, finding our place in the pyramid again (lets face it, the conf north seasons we were punching above our weight for the size of the club) and sadly that may be a league below at the the moment!!!

It would be great to pump loads of money in, but when we're in the conference averaging 500/600 a game (due to decent away supports) and whoever pumped the money in has had enough, that would without doubt be the end of the club IMO

Could you so kindly list the things you disagree with me?
I would like to understand where I am incorrect so I can get more data to agree or disagree.

Thanks.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:44 am

underground wrote:
allotmentender wrote:

not sure thats how it is, our att's were up on average last season and thats when we should have done something to build on the no's. if swan had done his homework he would have a clear idea on numbers yet still promissed the club,fans an town a league club.it started well, then the fog cleared we started to see the reality of it all. and thats when new blood stopped coming through the gates and reg fans stopped coming.if we were doing ok then i'd agree but we're not and its not the fans or the people of redditch's fault its the swans, the opportunity has been lost and not even bob 'bono' marley can save us now.i'd rather support a dead club that tried than a club trying to die.swans out please.

?
I already know who dumb & dumber are...but I didn't know we had "dumber still"

You want to support a dead club?

Give me strength.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:01 am

before you insult me learn to read, its quite simple what i said. i did not say i want to support a dead club, i said i'd rather. want and rather are not the same.
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:07 am

underground wrote:before you insult me learn to read, its quite simple what i said. i did not say i want to support a dead club, i said i'd rather. want and rather are not the same.

who's he saying dump and dumper to caus ethat way way to harsh
westo22
westo22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dissheartened Red Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:18 am

Head against wall My vote is no not the right man for the job

Dissheartened Red
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 am

Dissheartened Red wrote: Head against wall My vote is no not the right man for the job

well that harsh its not his folt really

1 its the chairman
2 some players are injured
3 we dont have many players
4 if there good the go to a better club
westo22
westo22

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 am

westo22 wrote:
Dissheartened Red wrote: Head against wall My vote is no not the right man for the job

1 its the chairman

1) how is it the chairman? He sets the budget, the manager tries to work to it regardless of whoever it is.
2) so? Some players don't make a team.
3) if the manager can't get enough players In then something is wrong, he claimed to have done alot of scouting of the non league circuit since he's been away, he also has a reserve team and under 21's team at his disposal which he doesn't seem to be using.
4) not always, if they're good, he ends up putting them out on loan or releases them.

Out of all the above how can you say it's the chairmans fault?
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am

rawlings09 wrote:
westo22 wrote:

1 its the chairman

1) how is it the chairman? He sets the budget, the manager tries to work to it regardless of whoever it is.
3) if the manager can't get enough players In then something is wrong, he claimed to have done alot of scouting of the non league circuit since he's been away, he also has a reserve team and under 21's team at his disposal which he doesn't seem to be using.
4) not always, if they're good, he ends up putting them out on loan or releases them.

its his folt as he has cut the budget by half which i snow £750 so simon cant look at any players that are above that league because he cant afford them therefore he cant find decent players + we have got people from the youth side so he is using them + at the end of the day isnt it the chairman who is suposed to look after the club which obvs he isnt because of the budget we have leading fans to go because they dont wanna pay £10 for an adult for a team that keeps on losing
and simon hasnt once but a decent player on this year he has but one on thats onner as he doesnt wanna play

Last edited by westo22 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes and errors)
westo22
westo22

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 pm

How do you know the budget has been cut? Has the chairman told you himself? Simon has had plenty of good players who either have left or he didn't release the potential of... Again, purely the job of the manager.

He clearly isn't using the youth players as reports have said we've had one or two subs..

What happens on the pitch is the managers job and not the chairmans.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  westo22 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:12 pm

rawlings09 wrote:How do you know the budget has been cut? Has the chairman told you himself? Simon has had plenty of good players who either have left or he didn't release the potential of... Again, purely the job of the manager.

He clearly isn't using the youth players as reports have said we've had one or two subs..

What happens on the pitch is the managers job and not the chairmans.

ive been told by somebody but im not saying who as its going to get them into trouble but they said that chris had cut the budget to £750

and how is it the mangers job to look after the pitch its chris's as he doesnt do jake all to help
westo22
westo22

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Back to the thread topic....

I voted that Redders should go.
I have never rated him and was vocal about it at the time of his 1st appointment.

I go back to the reasons I gave at the time;

1. At this level, you need a manager who creates a team spirit...throughout the club.
From my experience, that is a great communicator, motivator and leader. I have never seen these qualities in Mr Redhead.

2. Players want to play for the manager.....enough said.

3. Supporters need to feel engaged...know the team...have a relationship with the players. Simon's team ignored away fans and you never hear from him except the usual 'must win the next 2 games' drivel.
We are a million miles from last season when Hendrie was jumping in the crowd and Jimmy Deabill was one of the lads. Hydey made it his business to come and speak to you to let you know exactly what was going on. Look at Keith Draper down the road.

We must have a manager that inspires everyone at the club...the Board, the players, the fans, the youth team...everyone.

I do not see this in Mr Redhead.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
allotmentender wrote:

I would like to understand where I am incorrect so I can get more data to agree or disagree.

Thanks.

Politically!!! From previous posts on here, would I be right in saying that you're a tory Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:20 am

allotmentender wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
allotmentender wrote:

Thanks.

Politically!!! From previous posts on here, would I be right in saying that you're a tory Wink

Absolutely.
Free enterprise and hard work....Mrs T 's values.

Oh for Maggie these days Sad ...our great country wouldn't be full of lazy, good for nothing, Jeremy Kyle types sucking the social system into more debt.

Cue Ted Striker.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:42 am

Bob Marley wrote:Back to the thread topic....

I voted that Redders should go.
I have never rated him and was vocal about it at the time of his 1st appointment.

I go back to the reasons I gave at the time;

1. At this level, you need a manager who creates a team spirit...throughout the club.
From my experience, that is a great communicator, motivator and leader. I have never seen these qualities in Mr Redhead.

2. Players want to play for the manager.....enough said.

3. Supporters need to feel engaged...know the team...have a relationship with the players. Simon's team ignored away fans and you never hear from him except the usual 'must win the next 2 games' drivel.
We are a million miles from last season when Hendrie was jumping in the crowd and Jimmy Deabill was one of the lads. Hydey made it his business to come and speak to you to let you know exactly what was going on. Look at Keith Draper down the road.

We must have a manager that inspires everyone at the club...the Board, the players, the fans, the youth team...everyone.

I do not see this in Mr Redhead.
Agree with this 100%.
Going down the Valley last season was always brilliant, the players seemed like they wanted to wear the jersey, they were a team, rather than a bunch of players thrown together, and the good spirit and banter between the players and the fans created a great atmosphere.
We're not a big club that can go and get the best players in, so we have to act like a small club. The biggest draw of a small club is these kind of things. Redhead is not bringing this to the team. I don't personally know who should replace him, but he's had his chance, we're in the bottom two and crowds are decreasing. Bring in someone to save the club before we go down even furthur.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  underground Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:48 am

for once i agree bob, it would be full of fox hunting,pervert protecting,tax robbing,two house,thieving war mongers who lie,cheat, get funded by real workers,lie and are unable to say sorry when for instance they read something wrong and resort to calling them dumber still. oh yes indeed bob is tory but many of us would spell it another way using another t and including w and a.
underground
underground

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:54 am

Labourism-take from the upper class and the squeezed white collar new middle class to fund the work shy underclass.

Conservatism- take from whats left of the working class, take away from the underclass and take from the squeezed white collar new middle class to fund the work shy inherited upper class raras

They are one of the same thing both taking from anyone with a half decent job to prop up their ideology. For labour this is a country of over comfortable drones happy to suck from the governments teet for everything they can get in order to carry on the circle of dependence that only labour could provide. For the conservatives on the other hand it is a country that props up the status quo of elitists keeping everyone else in shackles. Just look at the public school/eton/bullingdon alumni in the ranks of the current government for evidence of this.

The solution? Who knows, if Clegg hadnt gone into bed with the conservatives and waited for the obvious disaster that a labour, conservative government would bring then we could have had a viable alternative for once, a yellow revolution if you will. But since he's now proved he's nothing more than a yes man to the conservative regime then we'll be stuck with the same two parties fighting for things that i don't give a stuff about helping for years to come...

I certainly hope there's a monster raving looney candidate about at the next election or its another spoilt ballot paper for me!

#disillusioned scratch
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 am

Bob Marley wrote:
allotmentender wrote:Politically!!! From previous posts on here, would I be right in saying that you're a tory Wink

Absolutely.

Oh for Maggie these days Sad ...our great country wouldn't be full of lazy, good for nothing, Jeremy Kyle types sucking the social system into more debt.

Cue Ted Striker.
I don't want to drag this worthwhile discussion about the club into an off-topic "Bore Off" candidate, so I'll pass, thanks. But I'll happily list all the reasons why you're wrong in a more suitable forum, if you like Wink

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 am

Is any of this political discussion in any way relevant to whether RUFC are being managed by the right person or not? If it is can I suggest John Prescott for manager. He may not know much about football but he would enable the budget to be doubled by eating his own weight in pies from the snack shop every week! Or how about Boris Johnson, he could impose an exclusion zone in our penalty area for opposing forwards!!
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 am

westo22 wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
westo22 wrote:

1 its the chairman

its his folt as he has cut the budget by half which i snow £750 so simon cant look at any players that are above that league because he cant afford them therefore he cant find decent players + we have got people from the youth side so he is using them + at the end of the day isnt it the chairman who is suposed to look after the club which obvs he isnt because of the budget we have leading fans to go because they dont wanna pay £10 for an adult for a team that keeps on losing
and simon hasnt once but a decent player on this year he has but one on thats onner as he doesnt wanna play

Language of the board is English so use it properly otherwise don't bother. It is not text speak innit
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 pm

The mods need to create an 'off topic' section for this forum.

Problem solved. Simple.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 am

ted striker wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
allotmentender wrote:Politically!!! From previous posts on here, would I be right in saying that you're a tory Wink

Absolutely.

Cue Ted Striker.
I don't want to drag this worthwhile discussion about the club into an off-topic "Bore Off" candidate, so I'll pass, thanks. But I'll happily list all the reasons why you're wrong in a more suitable forum, if you like Wink

1. Remember the general strikes in the 70's? Maggie sorted that rabble out.
2. Europe? Thanks Mr Blair....over stretched services now completely bankrupt with the next wave ready to stream in to have a bit themselves.
3. Maggie gave working class people the right and opportunity to buy their own house....so much for squeezing the lower classes,
4. Privatization of all the public services that were on their knees and bankrupt.
5. World leader respected by all heads of state
6. Instigated the boom of the 80's.

Oh for someone with her balls now. Sad Senile
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:16 am

But does she favour 4-4-2 or the more attack minded 4-3-3 ???
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  mattim Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:46 am

One things for certain, if she was managing Reds we would be playing without any left wingers !

mattim
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:41 am

No Redditch side could play without left wingers - it seems every player we have is turned into a winger somehow.
Still, we could play 10 on the right wing, she'd like that Senile
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next