Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-season record.

+2
Leethall
rawlings09
6 posters

Go down

Pre-season record. Empty Pre-season record.

Post  rawlings09 Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 am

Played 9
won 9
drawn 0
lost 0
scored 22
conceded 7
GD +15

That's a great pre-season record with 1 to go, Averaging 2.5 goals per game and conceding less then a goal a game... average.

It's so encouraging to see and hopfully the lads will carry this form into the league and we'll do well! Beer Cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Pre-season record. Empty Re: Pre-season record.

Post  Leethall Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 am

Pre season means fook all mate. The league is the one and yes we hav won some games but not for a long time in league football! Let's hope we start off well!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:39 am

I slightly dissagree that pre-season means fook all...

For mentality and confidence i think it's done the team a world of good, they'll go into the season knowing what it's like to win, when last season, we seemed to forget how to do so.

It's great for the fans to have something to talk about and not be ashamed of... rather than saying to some mates "ah, redditch lost again" "score?" "9-0"
we can say "redditch won their 9th game in a row!"

The attendances in pre-season have also equalled and bettered those of league attendances last season, gates like 161, 77, and mid 180's... we must have had around 400 vs bromsgrove, 205 vs Tamworth. and i can't remember the Solihull gate.

The Results may mean nothing. But the confidence means everything.

I think the mood around the place would be different if we'd played 9, lost 9, scored 7 and conceded 22.
then we'd have said hmmm, we could have done with winning some for the confidence.

I agree it's all about the league results, this is just good preperation.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:14 am

Pre season is better than no season at all, lets be positive for once. Dance

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:21 am

Redjeff wrote:Pre season is better than no season at all, lets be positive for once. Dance

I Always am Cup
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:08 am

Pre-season friendlies are very important to any club and have helped our new squad bond, gain confidence in eachother and helped filter out the deadwood.
But I think Leethall was trying to say that pre-season reults aren't to be used as a forecast on how we will get on in the league.

Yes we're all glad we have a football team for next season, but we can't keep dwelling on that. In order for that miracle to pay off is to follow it up on the pitch, which so far seems to be the case and it's all looking good!

All of our friendlies so far have been against alot weaker opposition, bar Moors and Tamworth.
The Tamworth squad was literally trialists, and you could tell by the amount of 'school-boy errors' happening all over the park courtesy of their kids, and I can't comment on the Solihull game as I weren't there.

Come August 13th we will be playing everyone's strongest team at this level, and that's when results will really matter.

Let's hope we can carry the pre-season momentum into the league.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am

Redditchbluenose86 wrote:
But I think Leethall was trying to say that pre-season reults aren't to be used as a forecast on how we will get on in the league.

Yes this. The league will be totally different and we need to win those games as the current ones mean jack sh*t.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Still, it's better than

Played 9
won 0
drawn 0
lost 9
scored 7
conceded 22
GD -15

True, you can't always go on pre season results, and it's what happens in the league that counts, but we've just played 9 different teams, from various leagues above and below us and won all 9 games. To me, that looks slightly promising Wink
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrace Guy Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Or 10-0! Went to see them vs Halesowen yesterday and was shocked and surprised on many levels! First off, two well taken goals and a last minute penalty made it 3-0, the attendance was over 200 (better than many league games last season) and the off field improvements (ie the new snack bar and widened clubhouse stairs) also impressed.

UP THE REDS!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Terrace Guy
Terrace Guy
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:04 am

We have played Ten and Won Ten -
Pershore - Away
Coleshill Town - Away
Rc Warwick - Away
Cradley Town - Away
Heather St John - Away
Bromsgrove Sporting - Home
Rushall - Away
Solihull - Home
Tamworth - Home
Halesowen - Home

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:48 am

Pleasing performance on Saturday, nice to see Greeny on the scoresheet with a well taken goal. And the lively Cameron Jones also scoring.

But the most pleasing things around the Valley are the transformation of the club, the club house, bar refurbishments, the widening of the stairs. sponsor boards around the ground. The unveiling of the new kits, which have been recieved very well indeed. There is a feel good factor around the valley at the moment, and to all those who have contributed in turning the club around, I thank you.Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down