Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

+11
in2thevalley
rawlings09
SID SNOT
Leethall
Captain Carlin
Redditchbluenose86
del boy
dontrunsingles
JBS
ted striker
porrohman
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in.... Empty Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

Post  porrohman Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:52 am

Right decision after Saturday IMO.
On official site.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in.... Empty Re: Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

Post  ted striker Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:10 am

I've got to say I'm absolutely shocked by this. After seven competitive games? Seven points from the opening three matches then one point from the next four? Most teams have ups and downs; those that don't have downs win titles, and I don't think there's anyone who expected us to challenge for top spot so I really think that this is a ludicrous decision to take at this stage. I was at the away games at Oxford and Banbury, and the home win over Hemel Hempstead, and I thought that we got a bit lucky at Oxford, unlucky at Banbury and shaded it against Hemel. I haven't seen the other games, but even reading the comments from posters on this forum it doesn't seem justifiable to me to change manager quite so hastily. This isn't Chelsea, ffs, it's Redditch United, and after the last few years what we need is stability, not kneejerk changes after a couple of bad games.

I know that Graham Hyde has proved quite popular since his arrival, and he may well be a really good coach, and perhaps with a bit more freedom and responsibility he might be able to have more of an impact, but still, this strikes me as panic, and decisions made in a state of panic are rarely good ones.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in.... Empty Re: Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

Post  JBS Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:25 am

Perhaps harsh based on results alone, based on performances I dont think there can be many compaints. That said I hope it isnt the start of whats to come and managers in the future are given time, you would of thought he would have been given untill the end of the month at least you wont get anywhere sacking people (presuming he was pushed and didnt jump) after seven competitive games.

Delighted that Hyde is one of the men to take over.

JBS
Evo-Stik Division one

http://twitter.com/redditch_united

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 am

Has to be the right decision after being outclassed by Bedford, Leamington and now Cirencester. The team was going nowhere other than the bottom 4 and an early exit from the FA Cup if he'd been kept on.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:52 am

I do think that this is a bit premature. But, maybe there is more to it than results and performances?

I did think that we were a bit ‘top heavy’. We had a manager, assistant manager, director of football and a head coach. All of which cost the club money. By halving the size of the management team, perhaps more money can be diverted onto the playing budget. That can only be a good thing.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:04 am

I'd agree with harsh IF he had been making an attempt to organise and motivate players during games, especially when 1-0 down early on.
Matt Gardiner for example - had a small budget, and weak team in a very tough league. We struggled immensely for points, BUT the Motivation was clear to see. He and Snappers didn't sit down for the full 90, shouting orders and keeping players heads/spirits up throughout the game. Bar the jumping of ship when the budget was cut you couldn't really fault him.

Saturday was a case of 11 individuals in red shirts playing under the same name. No team mentality, everyone was a stranger to the other.
A managers role is not all about results, it's managing a group of individuals into a unit that works together, knows and trusts eachothers abilities on the pitch. Get this right and results follow.
Unfortunately all of the above seemed absent from day one IMO.

I don't like to see people lose their jobs, but football is a cruel game.

Good luck to Martin for the future.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:04 am

Those that went to Bashley have commented how awful we were for the majority of the game. We squeezed past Hemel and Bedford, without playing well, but as I said at the time we
were a new team that needs time to gel. The friendlies mostly were against poor teams. Good for morale...really? When the stand out player in most of them ( Simon Fitter) jumps ship. Mark Hands goes to Studley. Two local lads.
I really cannot emphasize enough just how poor we were on Saturday. It was truly a complete embarrassment. To the Chairman, the fans, and to the club.
There are obviously contributary factors behind the scenes we don't know about. Nor should we. I totally agree with the decision,and my reason is mostly based on Saturday. I know it's one game but EVERYTHING was wrong on Saturday.
My mate is a Villa season ticket holder, I asked him to come down on Saturday. He bought his lad and his mate.
After 15 minutes he asked us to count the passes to see if we could string four passes together. It took about 10 minutes...that's why the ironic cheering broke out... they couldn't pass the ball between them for 4 passes!! ...and we sent the same team out in the second half....
My mate isn't coming back to watch us. 'I'm not paying £9 quid to watch that' were his parting words. Put yourself in the clubs shoes when you are trying to get people down to watch the team, and that's the response.
I support the decision.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:07 am

Official Press release from the Club - Redditch United Football Club has today announced the departure of its manager, Martin Sockett. He is being replaced by Graham Hyde and Mark Fenemore as joint first team managers. Graham is the Club’s full-time coach and holds a UEFA ‘A’ licence and Mark is the Club’s Director of Football with extensive experience of non-league football. Together they will form a powerful partnership which will see the beginning of an exciting playing era at Redditch United. No assistant manager is required and any future addition to the staff will be in a coaching capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Carlin Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:51 am

Tough call but the right decision for the Manager to go........ he has built the team and in general they have failed to perform.

Whilst some may feel it is an early call, it should be noted that approximately 20% of the league fixtures have gone and whilst we have picked up points it has not felt convincing.

There is sufficient time to rebaseline and (hopefully) for the team to grow to cement our league status and who knows even have a good cup and trophy run.

Captain Carlin
Captain Carlin
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:55 am

Spot on cheers
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:30 am

Agree totally with this decision. I have watched 2 games and we were p*ss poor in both of those. Aide is correct in saying people won't come back to watch shite like that served again and me for 1 leaving at half time will not pay good money to watch a group of players who can't be arsed to put 100% effort in.

I hope Hydey and Fenners can sort it out, if not I shall be touring around other local non league clubs!

What it does prove is the appointment of Sockett was not the right choice but I wish him well in his next job
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  SID SNOT Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 am

A bit of a shock although not too disappointed. We have been generally p1ss poor this season having rolled over a load of pub teams in pre season.

Can someone please explain to me what credentials Mark Fenemore has firstly to work as Director of Football and now as Joint First Team Manager? Having researched him all I can find is that he was part of the Management Team at Racing Club Warwick in 2009 and they got relegated and Reserve Team Manager at Rugby Town in 2007? It has always seemed that Mr Swan is 'doing a mate a favour' by keeping him involved in the club as General Manager, Director of Football and now First Team Manager?! I would have prefered Hyde to have given the job on his own and seen him bring in a number 2 from what I am sure is a strong network in the game.
SID SNOT
SID SNOT
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:39 am

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:46 am

Sockett had 17 games in charge, 10 against weaker sides and we've struggled in every single one.

I gave sockett a chance early on and said we shouldn't judge what we've never seen, now we've seen him for 17 games we can judge, little motivation to the players and not a great deal of acknowledgement to the fans.

I think fenners and Hydey will do a great job in charge and hopefully start getting some results!

rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 am

Has to be the right decision ! we were outclassed by Bedford, Leamington and Cirencester. I hope the appointment of Fenners and Hydey will please the fans, and given time give us something to cheer about. I look forward to seeing the new managemnet team taking the us up the league with some attractive football instead of the hoofball that we have had to endure under the previous manager. Onwards and upwards.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  redsfan Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 am

interesting move,no messing around from Mr Swan a chairman in the Doug Ellis mould-good stuff

Be very interesting to see where we go from here

redsfan
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

maybe fenners has only got the job till rogers giro clears Crying with laughter
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 pm

adiy price wrote:maybe fenners has only got the job till rogers giro clears Crying with laughter

Crying with laughter

Fenners teamtalk at half time with him walking in to the dressing room Senile Head against wall Senile
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:22 am

With earnie as grahams assisant don't see how we can go wrong
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:01 am

del boy wrote:I do think that this is a bit premature. But, maybe there is more to it than results and performances?

I did think that we were a bit ‘top heavy’. We had a manager, assistant manager, director of football and a head coach. All of which cost the club money. By halving the size of the management team, perhaps more money can be diverted onto the playing budget. That can only be a good thing.

Who was the assistant manager?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 am

Paul Smith.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 am

porrohman wrote:Paul Smith.

Well, there's your problem. He should have stuck to being the vocalist and songwriter of the popular beat combo Maximo Park.

But seriously, it says a lot that I didn't even know that we had an assistant manager. Exactly what it says, and about whom, I'm not sure. Has he left along with Martin, or had he already left previously, or is he maybe staying in a different capacity?

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 am

ted striker wrote:
porrohman wrote:Paul Smith.

Well, there's your problem. He should have stuck to being the vocalist and songwriter of the popular beat combo Maximo Park.

But seriously, it says a lot that I didn't even know that we had an assistant manager. Exactly what it says, and about whom, I'm not sure. Has he left along with Martin, or had he already left previously, or is he maybe staying in a different capacity?
Paul Smith has left with Martin Socket.

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am

I believe we have a goalkeeping coach? If thats the case, then that is fantastic news. we should have had one in at the start of the season surely? but nevertheless we have one. Will certainy benefit Coleman and the other keepers.Very Happy Very Happy
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:57 pm

I've just watched training and it was a joy to see totaly diffrent to the last few weeks tonight was superb
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next