Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

+11
in2thevalley
rawlings09
SID SNOT
Leethall
Captain Carlin
Redditchbluenose86
del boy
dontrunsingles
JBS
ted striker
porrohman
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

Post  Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:39 pm

SID SNOT wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what credentials Mark Fenemore has firstly to work as Director of Football and now as Joint First Team Manager? Having researched him all I can find is that he was part of the Management Team at Racing Club Warwick in 2009 and they got relegated and Reserve Team Manager at Rugby Town in 2007? It has always seemed that Mr Swan is 'doing a mate a favour' by keeping him involved in the club as General Manager, Director of Football and now First Team Manager?! I would have prefered Hyde to have given the job on his own and seen him bring in a number 2 from what I am sure is a strong network in the game.
Any one who saw the training tonight would not bother to question credentials,wow. What a difference! maybe if you come Thursday you can see and ask fenners yourself instead of trawling the internet, for the first time this season I have enjoyed watching Training and for the first time at Redditch a High standard of Training. Yes its early Day's but now I see a set up that looks like achieving expectations and Targets for this season IMO. Onwards and Upwards. Beer Cheers

Back to top Go down

Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Sockett Gone..Fenners and Hydey in....

Post  porrohman Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Training was brilliant....boy did they work hard. Quality stuff!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Redjeff wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what credentials Mark Fenemore has firstly to work as Director of Football and now as Joint First Team Manager? Having researched him all I can find is that he was part of the Management Team at Racing Club Warwick in 2009 and they got relegated and Reserve Team Manager at Rugby Town in 2007? It has always seemed that Mr Swan is 'doing a mate a favour' by keeping him involved in the club as General Manager, Director of Football and now First Team Manager?! I would have prefered Hyde to have given the job on his own and seen him bring in a number 2 from what I am sure is a strong network in the game.
Any one who saw the training tonight would not bother to question credentials,wow. What a difference! maybe if you come Thursday you can see and ask fenners yourself instead of trawling the internet, for the first time this season I have enjoyed watching Training and for the first time at Redditch a High standard of Training. Yes its early Day's but now I see a set up that looks like achieving expectations and Targets for this season IMO. Onwards and Upwards. Beer Cheers

Proof in the pudding is in a game and until they can do that training is all good but is not a game situation Very Happy
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  dontrunsingles Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:09 am

I bat pretty well in the nets.

dontrunsingles
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:20 am

and I'm sure Leethall has fielded well at some point during training... lol!
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:43 am

I completed 18 holes in 40 strokes.

You can add your own punchline.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 am

I completed 40 strokes in 18 holes.

Likewise.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:25 am

Martin Sockett has his say. From the Advertiser

"MARTIN Sockett left Redditch United on Monday in an apparently acrimonious split with chairman Chris Swan.

Swan has said the parting was by mutual consent but both men differ on their views of what happened with players behind the scene in recent weeks.

Graham Hyde, who was working on the club’s community programme, and Mark Fenemore were swiftly installed as joint managers.

Hyde has no previous managerial experience although he does hold his Uefa A licence coaching badge and Fenemore was previously at Racing Club Warwick and Rugby Town.

The decision came after a disappointing 2-0 home defeat against Cirencester, which left Redditch with one win in five games Swan told the Redditch Advertiser he wasn’t happy with the direction with which the playing side was going under Sockett .

He cited the departures of Simon Fitter to Evesham and Mark Hands, who is going to Chasetown, as the catalyst for the decision to change the management structure.

He said: “We want to bring players through the youth system and the under 21s and from the local area and in the early part of the season, with the departure of a number of local players, it didn’t seem likely that this was going to happen.

“I’m sure Martin is a really good guy and an experienced manager in non league but it is about a difference in approach and the way I want the club to be run as a whole.

“I wish him well for the future but in Graham Hyde we have an excellent coach who was there last season when the players were not being paid and won a lot of respect for the way he helped handle this.

“And in Mark Fenemore we have someone who is experienced on the non league scene so combining the two is the way I see the club going forward this season.”

But speaking to the Advertiser on Tuesday, Sockett said there were reasons players were being left out or had departed the club.

He said: “I don’t want to say too much at the moment but I will say that Simon Fitter went to Evesham for twice the money he was on at Redditch.

“In the case of Mark Hands, he was not dropped and I loaned him out to Studley to get match fitness.

“Cameron Jones was rested for the game at Bashley and then told me he would not turn up for games unless he was guaranteed to be in the starting line up.”

He refused to comment further until the dust had settled on the decision, but Hyde and Fenemore are in immediate charge for training and the trip to St Albans on Saturday (3pm).

Redditch are at home to Swindon Supermarine next Tuesday night (7.45pm). "

http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9237112.Plug_pulled_on_Sockett/

I've been a fan of Cameron Jones so far. He has been one of our better, more hardworking players. But this is his attitude, then I'd tell him to do one.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:00 am

This isn't the first I've heard about Cameron Jones having an attitude problem. I agree this is extremely disappointing as out of all our players, he is the one who beats his man most often and creates most of our chances.

Hope Hyde can sort him out if not we are better off without players like that. Send him back to the lower leagues of Tipton if he continues to run his mouth.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 am

porrohman wrote:and I'm sure Leethall has fielded well at some point during training... lol!
I don't bother with training Laughing
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:20 am

Cameron Jones 'rested' for the game at Bashley. Bollocks rested. For the fifth game of the season?
Hands sent to Studley to get match fitness, playing him in the friendlies would have got him match fit.
What the hell is the U21's for? You can play over age players in that, stick him in there for match fitness.
Excuses....fact is Sockett was Manager of the side that put in the WORST performance in a number of years at the Valley. I'd have sacked him at half time.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:28 am

Hang on, i heard Cammy was on loan at Alvechurch? So much for being rested if he's playing for another club?

I honestly don't think sockett knew his starting 11, the starting 11 that he said to the papers that he would have confirmed by the Bromsgrove friendly...

The Squad was still pretty big!

Anyway, that's all old news, we should look forward to what Hydey can bring to the club!
cheers Cup Oh yeah Dance Senile Hi five

And what fenners can bring... Banana sex
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 pm

As one chapter closes, another one opens.............. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 am

i was a little suprised after watching the first months matches but had feedback from cirencester game that it was worst seen in years. So i cant see how the new team could do a worse job, than sockett.

It isn't going to be easy this league and I really think any talk of playoffs etc just adds pressure. I'd be happy being mid table for the next few years, start to build a decent fan base and move from there. Cup runs are crucial at this level to attract newbies.
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm

flower that flower couldn't do a worse job than Sockett and Smith... Probably get a better conversation out of the flower too.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 pm

nevergreen wrote:
It isn't going to be easy this league and I really think any talk of playoffs etc just adds pressure. I'd be happy being mid table for the next few years, start to build a decent fan base and move from there. Cup runs are crucial at this level to attract newbies.

This.

Anything better is a welcomed bonus.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2