Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reds 0 AFC Totty 0

+5
redditch born
del boy
ROWLY1971
Bob Marley
porrohman
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reds 0 AFC Totty 0  Empty Reds 0 AFC Totty 0

Post  porrohman Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:15 am

Haven't enjoyed a game as much for ages.Battling performance from the lads with Halsall and Deabill outstanding. Ref ruled out a perfectly good header from Deabill, a shocking decision...a big guy winning a header against a smaller guy and he gave a foul for a push. The ref was hopeless throughout. I think once the lads get used to Jimmy up top we'll see runners going past him, he flicked a few on today but there was no one there...A performance full of passion and desire and some good football. Well done lads, a great point. Cup
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Reds 0 AFC Totty 0  Empty Re: Reds 0 AFC Totty 0

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

What a great result....we have put in good performances against the top sides....hope it continues.

Pat on the back all round.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am

porrohman wrote:Haven't enjoyed a game as much for ages.Battling performance from the lads with Halsall and Deabill outstanding. Ref ruled out a perfectly good header from Deabill, a shocking decision...a big guy winning a header against a smaller guy and he gave a foul for a push. The ref was hopeless throughout. I think once the lads get used to Jimmy up top we'll see runners going past him, he flicked a few on today but there was no one there...A performance full of passion and desire and some good football. Well done lads, a great point. Cup

Shocked
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:42 am

Bob Marley wrote:....we have put in good performances against the top sides....

Were you there Steve.... or 4,000 miles away still?
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:

? Rowly,

Do I have to be at the match to applaud a no score draw with the team 2nd in the table?
Do I have to be at the match to applaud a home win versus the team that were 3rd in the table at the time?

I really don't get your point....can't you discuss the match instead of continuing your wierd fascination with all things Marley? affraid

You really are not my type...sorry...I prefer blondes.....it started with my teenage crush on the blonde one from ABBA......

Last edited by Bob Marley on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:18 pm

...and for the record, it was a very good performance!
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 pm

del boy wrote:...and for the record, it was a very good performance!

Thank you, Del...backs up what other supporters have confirmed.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Good solid performance goal should of stood nothing wrong with it! I thought it was a bit of a blow when we was forced into a first half sub not knocking the sub but he couldnt and didnt offer what the lad who got injured did,
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:

? Rowly,

Do I have to be at the match to applaud a score draw with the team 2nd in the table?
Do I have to be at the match to applaud a home win versus the team that were 3rd in the table at the time?

I really don't get your point....can't you discuss the match instead of continuing your wierd fascination with all things Marley? affraid

You really are not my type...sorry...I prefer blondes.....it started with my teenage crush on the blonde one from ABBA......

Bob its your own fault! as winston Churchill said, live by the sword die by the sword!!! lol
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Didnt hear it anyone know the crowd?
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:46 pm

redditch born wrote:Didnt hear it anyone know the crowd?

204. Biggest disappointment of the day.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
ROWLY1971 wrote:

? Rowly,

Do I have to be at the match to applaud a score draw with the team 2nd in the table?

You really are not my type...sorry...I prefer blondes.....it started with my teenage crush on the blonde one
from ABBA......

Steve, first off it was a NO score draw not a score draw.
Secondly no you don't have to see a game to applaud the result, but you quite clearly applauded the
'performance' That you clearly didn't see.
Lastly, no fascination with you at all, but like RBorn said, live by it die by it.

I will applaud the result as before the game every one of the 204 that were Redditch would of taken it.
I may of been out on the score... But only 2 out on the crowd!!!

Can't believe today's opponents went top with that point. Thought they were awful!!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:14 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:
Can't believe today's opponents went top with that point. Thought they were awful!!

Maybe they were having an off day? Or maybe, our own, good performance made them look bad? In truth, it was probably a combination of the two.

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Rowly....'Sir Bob' please, as agreed.

I bet you had to stuff your Hyde bullets back into your budgie smugglers... Point and laugh..glad I wasn't there to see that! affraid

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Steve, first off it was a NO score draw not a score draw - Sorry Sir...it was quite difficult to write on my phone from the beach...especially with all the tottie out today!
Now corrected
Secondly no you don't have to see a game to applaud the result, but you quite clearly applauded the 'performance' That you clearly didn't see. - what a croc of sh#t. Draw against the top of table and you refer to the result and not the performance?...you really can't let go can you?

Lastly, no fascination with you at all, but like RBorn said, live by it die by it. - Glad to hear it....still don't get your point?

What I still don't understand is how RUFC/Mr Swan are so bad...sacking managers etc....and yet you say nothing about your mucca's new position over at Earlswood...taking over from the sacking of GJ (top fella)....after he did a great job from the situation he inherited pre-season?

Be consistent Mr Rowly...
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Budgie smuglers
Totty on a beach
Post about Earlswood FC on a RUFC forum
Blonde in Abba

Sorry but I'd rather talk about what was witnessed today at the Valley by anybody who was there watching them in the 'Now' and so who can give their own 'opinions'

DelBoy I do agree with you it may well of been a combo of those 2 factors. Please though show me you know something about the game though and agree with me that on today's performance the visitors were 'awful'
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Bob Marley wrote:
Secondly no you don't have to see a game to applaud the result, but you quite clearly applauded the 'performance' That you clearly didn't see. - what a croc of sh#t. Draw against the top of table and you refer to the result and not the performance?...you really can't let go can you?

What a silly thing to say.
A very good point against a team who went top today, and now you knock me for referring to the result?
Considering you did not see the performance, so can have no opinion of value on it, I struggle to see why me applauding the result is such a bad thing from myself. Let go? Of what? No sorry, ignore that question..... Really no need for you to reply to my ridiculous posts again.
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  alottmentender Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:54 pm

i thought afc totton were one of the worst sides i have seen this season,yes reds may have helped them look poor but for a side that is top hey didnt really produce anything worthwhile.i thought both defences were on top and maybe if tottons finishing had been better they could have won the game.
alottmentender
alottmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:56 pm

ROWLY1971 wrote:

DelBoy I do agree with you it may well of been a combo of those 2 factors. Please though show me you know something about the game though and agree with me that on today's performance the visitors were 'awful'

I think I've already answered that question in my original comment.

Having seen all the games against the current top three, I don't think it will take all that much to catch up with them. This is a tight league.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:57 am

Pretty drab affair that yesterday and messers Holleran (Leamington) and West (Evesham) would not be worried about either of these teams really causing any real problems.

Good old full blooded affair out there from both teams that was lacking any real quality in the middle of the park or down the flanks. One improvement was Colemans kicking but his distribution needs to be worked on with the full backs to try and stop this continued hoof to the big centre forward.

Good to see Redders and Deano watching today, even Ken Rae made an appearance!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:55 am

MY VIEW
I thought Totton were very poor from the start and all afternoon to be honest. Redditch started the better, and probably stayed better all game. I didn't see us do anything extraordinary to make Totton play bad, they just had an off day or aren't a very good football side. Their keeper looked dodgy and I can't remember driving home thinking their number ? had a good game at all. There was an alarming lack of good football displayed from either side as both tactics seemed to suit the opposition too much resulting in a rather boring to watch goal less draw. I though Connor was the only positive for us in any attacking capacity.
For those who watched the game ask yourselves, or remind me of the best move of the game from both sides and the best shot from both sides. Difficult isn't it.

That's what I saw anyway.

The positive side though is we applied effort and kept a clean sheet and picked up a point judging by the predictions, nobody expected before the game.

My opinion is that by playing hoofball we won't beat many teams in the league. If we would of played football on the ground yesterday with patience and composure I think we would of eased to a victory, with Deabill up top though that in itself is going to be a big ask.

Before the game I'd of taken a point looking at the table, but after the game and looking at the team I feel it's maybe 2pts that got away on a day we could of got all 3.

ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:MY VIEW
I thought Totton were very poor from the start and all afternoon to be honest. Redditch started the better, and probably stayed better all game. I didn't see us do anything extraordinary to make Totton play bad, they just had an off day or aren't a very good football side. Their keeper looked dodgy and I can't remember driving home thinking their number ? had a good game at all. There was an alarming lack of good football displayed from either side as both tactics seemed to suit the opposition too much resulting in a rather boring to watch goal less draw. I though Connor was the only positive for us in any attacking capacity.
For those who watched the game ask yourselves, or remind me of the best move of the game from both sides and the best shot from both sides. Difficult isn't it.

That's what I saw anyway.

The positive side though is we applied effort and kept a clean sheet and picked up a point judging by the predictions, nobody expected before the game.

My opinion is that by playing hoofball we won't beat many teams in the league. If we would of played football on the ground yesterday with patience and composure I think we would of eased to a victory, with Deabill up top though that in itself is going to be a big ask.

Before the game I'd of taken a point looking at the table, but after the game and looking at the team I feel it's maybe 2pts that got away on a day we could of got all 3.

Fair reflection Rowly. The only move of note was..... Erm I can't remember one really!!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:27 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:Budgie smuglers
Totty on a beach
Post about Earlswood FC on a RUFC forum
Blonde in Abba

Sorry but I'd rather talk about what was witnessed today at the Valley by anybody who was there watching them in the 'Now' and so who can give their own 'opinions'

Thought you might gloss over the GJ example..
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:32 am

For a side that were 3rd in the table they were truley awful! Bad day perhaps? You don't get up there by luck.

However i thought we battled well, worked hard and in spells and played some scrappy football, however still one or two basic mistakes that need adressing soon and ironed out.

I still await the day where we can play more passing football...

Impressed and happy with the result Beer Cheers
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:46 am

I think your selling Redditch short? They worked hard got under Tottings skin, never let them settle never let them play, You could see there touch and control was better than ours, so all the more credit to the lads, some tiered Redditch legs at the end of the game due to the work they had put in.

So come on lads credit wheres credit due
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next