Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer ins and outs.

+17
Tommo
in2thevalley
mattim
del boy
oldtommo
arsene
nevergreen
andjusticeforall
redditch born
rawlings09
ROWLY1971
allotmentender
fingers
Redditchbluenose86
Bob Marley
Leethall
lewism5964
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Summer ins and outs. - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer ins and outs.

Post  fingers Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:50 am

Elliott Durrell has re-signed for Hednesford Town - the rumours were that he would be leaving, but Hednesford will be trying to hold onto as many players as possible after losing two of their brightest talents to full time clubs - midfielder Chris Clements to Mansfield (which I announced on my Twitter page well over a week prior to it being announced) and centre half Cheyenne Dunkley to Kidderminster.

Elsewhere in the league, Totton have recruited former Bashley manager Steve Riley, who has taken midfielder Dave Allen and a young up and coming defender Luke Whitley with him - Totton have also signed striker Richard Gillespie and goalkeeper Gareth Barfoot from Eastleigh - Gillespie was on loan to Bash last season and was a summer target before Riley left - he is also a Bashley legend after scoring a shed load of goals before moving to Eastleigh.

Frank Gray, the ex-Grays Athletic and Basingstoke manager has been installed as Bashley boss and he will need to hit the ground running to prevent a struggle there I think.

Totton should prove to be solid and unspectacular this season.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/

Back to top Go down

Summer ins and outs. - Page 4 Empty Carl Heggs joins Hinckley

Post  solihull red Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Carl Heggs has joined Hinckley as assistant manager.Dean Thomas wants someone who knows the local non League to help him find some local players who will help Hinckley move away from the bottom of the league after last seasons poor performances.

solihull red
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  lewism5964 Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Luke Benbow has joined Stourbridge.
lewism5964
lewism5964
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:40 pm

I really do not understand players at this level sometimes....Warmer to Evesham? WTF?

OK, I agree with Fingers...RUFC have no defined right or luxury to expect anyone to sign for us.....but to have 2 pretty good seasons, club captain, great rapport with the fans etc etc...then you walk out to play in a new field with less than 100 spectators, lowere level, no atmosphere, no passion?....might as well be playing for the Black Horse on a Sunday morning.

For what, 30 quid more?

Strange, very strange... Mad
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditch_Reject Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I really do not understand players at this level sometimes....Warmer to Evesham? WTF?

OK, I agree with Fingers...RUFC have no defined right or luxury to expect anyone to sign for us.....but to have 2 pretty good seasons, club captain, great rapport with the fans etc etc...then you walk out to play in a new field with less than 100 spectators, lowere level, no atmosphere, no passion?....might as well be playing for the Black Horse on a Sunday morning.

For what, 30 quid more?

I think you really hit the nail on the head with the love from the fans. Surley that must have meant something to him? It's rare that a players name will be chanted throughout a game that he doesn't even play.
Redditch_Reject
Redditch_Reject
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Bob Marley wrote:I really do not understand players at this level sometimes....Warmer to Evesham? WTF?

For what, 30 quid more?

I think you're still being a bit starry eyed Bob.

2 good seasons? Rock bottom and a relegation battle.

Rapport with fans means a lot less than the opportunity to win something - more money, maybe the same money, but that budget will do a lot more in a lower division and may result in Evesham being up there.

At Redditch, Warmer has been there through the budget being cut to zero, stayed, new chairman comes in, seen several managers come and go, settles under Hyde who leaves citing a lack of ambition at the club - he has been loyal but can Redditch really expect a lot better than last season after the events of the last month or so?

I will be very interested to see who signs for the Reds this season - I expect a real struggle the way things are going.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35 am

fingers wrote:

For what, 30 quid more?

Rapport with fans means a lot less than the opportunity to win something - more money, maybe the same money, but that budget will do a lot more in a lower division and may result in Evesham being up there.

At Redditch, Warmer has been there through the budget being cut to zero, stayed, new chairman comes in, seen several managers come and go, settles under Hyde who leaves citing a lack of ambition at the club - he has been loyal but can Redditch really expect a lot better than last season after the events of the last month or so?

I will be very interested to see who signs for the Reds this season - I expect a real struggle the way things are going.

Spot on Fingers.

Warmer is no real loss, it is an opportunity to get a good quality centre midfielder in.

Also Evesham have a brand spanking new ground to play at, this would also interest players when compared to The Valley as their facilities are better than what we have currently. This is not a dig or negative comment but a realistic relevant one.
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am

Leethall wrote:
fingers wrote:

For what, 30 quid more?

Spot on Fingers.

Warmer is no real loss, it is an opportunity to get a good quality centre midfielder in.

Also Evesham have a brand spanking new ground to play at, this would also interest players when compared to The Valley as their facilities are better than what we have currently. This is not a dig or negative comment but a realistic relevant one.

When I said 2 good seasons...I meant for the individual who is Tommy Warmer.
I agree, not the best player (although at Hitchin, he was the best player on the park!)...but with the rapport he has...why walk out and go down the ladder?

Lack of ambition? I think we all know that Graham Hyde was spending all day, everyday down at the Valley and the position of manager was taken very personally (quite rightly)...he didn't want to go through that again when no more resources were available (quite rightly).

'Lack of ambition' or living within your means? Back to the same old story again...

My ambition is to drive a Ferrari...I can afford a Ford....what do I do?
Some will go and get a loan that they can not afford and drive the Ferrari for 2 years before it is repossessed.
Others will save up to buy a better Ford in the next 5 years.

As a financial conservative, I prefer the 'lack of ambition' route for my club...

New stadium at Evesham? like playing football in a new cemetery.....
The good old fashioned values in the game are just not understood these days.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 am

It's hardly a majestic stadium is it? Tiny main stand, little shed at one end... Evesham, although playing at worcester, didn't have the best fan base anyway, so as soon as the novelty wears off, they'll be playing in a shiny new stadium, infront of 100 or so fans, in the league below.. with players like Tommy Warmer and Dean Coleman (who probably lost us more points than most players)... sooner or later something's got to give, and they'll be where we used to be...

Chances are, they won't come back up... and chances are they're being bankrolled.. we all know where that gets you.

For the sake of £30 more or however much they were offered, they've probably done themselves no favours, but like leethal said, more room to get better players in that are affordable, playing infront of more fans for a club that's on the way up..

Now tell me Evesham United are the prefered option...
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 pm

I'll stick it in here as it's not clear as to whether he'll sign yet - ex-Romulus and Evesham United striker Leo Brown trained at Redditch tonight - big unit, more a target man - training with the Roms this summer too.

Does anyone know if ex-Reds and Romulus midfielder Lei Brown was there too?
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  fingers Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:43 pm

One of Reds' targets signs for Rushall.

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/daniel-and-brown-join-the-pics-14407/

Evo-Stik Northern Premier League Premier Division club Rushall Olympic have announced two new signings as summer squad strengthening continues at Dales Lane.

Thirty-five-year-old central defender Wayne Daniel, who has many years` experience in the upper echelons of non-League football and Lei Brown have both moved into Dales Lane.

Last season Daniel skippered Evesham United in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and picked up the supporters` player of the year award after ending the campaign as top appearance maker.

He is a vastly experienced campaigner and has also played for the likes of Nuneaton Borough, Stafford Rangers, Worcester City and Kidderminster Harriers.

He is a towering defender who can also weigh in with his fair share of goals as well, and should turn out to be a tremendous signing for the club. His experience of football at this level will be invaluable for us as the Pics look forward to their second season of Premier Division football.

Making a welcome return to Dales Lane is Lei Brown, who rejoins the club from Baker Joiner Midland Alliance side Studley after turning down an approach from Southern Premier outfit Redditch United.

This will be his third spell with the club following a brief return last season. During his initial period with the Pics the season before last, Brown scored the first goal in the 2-0 play-off final victory over Grantham Town and during his time with the Pics he became a real fans` favourite.

He is an attacking midfielder who likes to get forward and can score goals.
fingers
fingers
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4