Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season tickets

+2
Mrs Moor
RockDJ
6 posters

Go down

Season tickets Empty Season tickets

Post  RockDJ Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 am

Redditch United Football Club are pleased to announce that Season Tickets are on sale for the 2013/14 season from Saturday 6th July! Ticket prices are Adults £185, Concessions £90 and Children £30 – That’s a saving of £55 over the season for Adults & £54 for concessions. Our season tickets still remain excellent value and the most cost effective way to take in the action week-in, week-out at The Valley.

With the club continuing to grow on and off the field we encourage supporters both existing and new to purchase a season ticket as we look forwards to what we hope will be an exciting campaign in 2013/14.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets

Post  Mrs Moor Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:33 am

Mrs Moor
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 am

Wow...for once....a great post MM.

Some great initiatives at SMFC...shame, that all of the ideas on the flyer have been talked about at RUFC for bloody years.

I am confused though...maybe RDJ can help out here?....I thought the admission price was 'set according to the league guideline'...with $9 matchday in the BSN...is it the clubs decision on admission prices only?
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:58 am

I agree it is a good offer that Solihull are advertising although that said we have 2 more fixtures in our league this year so our season ticket holders still get great value and over 5 free games. Whilst I understand fans frustrations at £10 entry we have at least 19 away coaches to pay for this season so every pound counts.

Hopefully, the team that Liam is bringing together will play winning attractive football and our fans will think that £10 is not to bad for an afternoons entertainment. I'm sure there will be lots of challenges throughout the season, the odd poor performances etc and I expect the 'Entertainment' bit will get well and truly rammed down my throat. I too get frustrated, but as a team I hope we'll tackle and address these as they crop up and I'm more than happy to have a pint and discuss issues with anyone afterwards.

I popped down the club on Saturday and watched the U21's and Reserves, both are now playing the same formation as the 1st. This is very encouraging that having liaised with Liam, who listens and is happy to chat to all our other managers they have adopted these new setups so players being brought through our excellent youth structure are already up to speed with what is expected from them.

I had a look through the rules and you can pretty much charge what you deem a fair price for league game although cup games are fixed at a "cannot be less than" price to protect the opposition.

RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 pm

I appreciate the high running costs involved, but the admission fee should be based on what attending the games (or 'buying the product') is worth, not on what it costs to run the club. Most fans don't care about the running costs, they care about value for money. If this strategy doesn't work, then it's simply not a viable business model.

Of course, knowing the perfect balance of admission fee vs. attendances to maximise income is difficult to gauge. But the club has to try to experiment with at least a couple of well publicised games a season with cheap admission to test the balance. Surely the more people there, the more will be spent on sales at the snack bar, upstairs bar, programmes etc. The margins on burgers, hot dogs, tea and coffee must be massive!?

Speaking of which, the last 4-5 games of last season that I attended, each and every time I queued for the snack bar, I walked away empty handed. The service was painfully slow. I would patiently wait for 10-15 minutes and still get nowhere closer to getting served. The crowds were not even that big! It's easy money for the club ripping off fans with expensive, cheap quality crap.....something all football clubs do, not just RUFC!!! But for gods sake, speed up the service!

del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:46 am

del boy wrote:
Speaking of which, the last 4-5 games of last season that I attended, each and every time I queued for the snack bar, I walked away empty handed. The service was painfully slow. I would patiently wait for 10-15 minutes and still get nowhere closer to getting served. The crowds were not even that big! It's easy money for the club ripping off fans with expensive, cheap quality crap.....something all football clubs do, not just RUFC!!! But for gods sake, speed up the service!

Noted Del......for the MMA cage fighting event we stopped serving chips as they take an absolute age to cook and more than coped with 600+ people. Not ideal I know as we like to offer a wide choice but perhaps we could have a chips only queue, I'm as open to ideas as the girls that are on the sharp end.
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Red86 Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:08 am

Be nice to see pie's back on the menu as well miss the Balti pies

Red86
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  oldtommo Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am

Would some kind of pre ordering system work where you order and pay for your half time sustainence early and the produce a receipt of some kind to get your fodder at half time. This would mean that staff would have a good idea how much of each item they need for half time and could concentrate on getting it ready and dish it out quickly at half time, would also mean they don't have to bother taking money and giving change during the hectic period.
oldtommo
oldtommo
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:27 am

Strange...the feedback I have received is that the snack bar is 100% cleaner, more efficient & food quality much improved & cooked fresh?

I would pass on your comments to Kim, as she will ensure efficiency is improved.

Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  RockDJ Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Bob Marley wrote:Strange...the feedback I have received is that the snack bar is 100% cleaner, more efficient & food quality much improved & cooked fresh?

We digress a little from the original heading but you are correct Steve the canteen is all of the above, Kim, Lou and the others do a great job & to be honest I don’t think anyone is suggestion otherwise.
The only small problem as I see it is the fact that we can only cook and keep warm so many chips, which sometimes means the queue builds up a tad if there is a rush on chips.
I will chat with Kim when the season starts in earnest but I know she realises the problem exists as it was Kim that suggested we don’t serve chips at the cage fighting and the queues were minimal.

Tommo - Thanks
RockDJ
RockDJ
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down