Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season.

+17
porrohman
ted striker
del boy
drummer boy
nevergreen
Leethall
Dazza
1Youngy1
Bob Marley
Tim_S
in2thevalley
JBS
rawlings09
SID SNOT
Redditchbluenose86
fingers
redsfan
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season.

Post  Leethall Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 am

nevergreen wrote: Fishing HLAS Smile

chill guys,new forum is better and admin etc here to control the siruation. Just hope it doesn't descend into "it's my ball and all that"

Fishing = wanker Nerr Nerr
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:37 am

I personally cant see where the "clique" is or why the T.R.U.S.T is getting a hammering?
Everyone & Anyone can join and they are are not sheep that agree with each other on everything , nor are they brainless(bit unfair).
Lets just all get down there and support the boys and get through these dark days together.

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 am

Leethall wrote:

chill guys,new forum is better and admin etc here to control the siruation. Just hope it doesn't descend into "it's my ball and all that"

haha shouldn't you be picking on fingers not me!

Swords
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 am

nevergreen wrote:
Leethall wrote:

haha shouldn't you be picking on fingers not me!

Swords

Having found that photo on the Romulus website I have no need to do anything else Beer Cheers

The worse thing is that he must have put it on the site Very Happy (probably after he had a few Beer 's)
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 am

I feel a caption competition coming on
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  allotmentender Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:58 pm

allotmentender wrote:

Worth a try, but wouldn't hold your breath, I don't think Sky and Murdoch really give a sh*t about little non league clubs, other than patronising us (not us obviously, as it's been 20 odd years since I watched us play Merthyr in the 1st round, and nothing since) when it comes to the FA Cup 1st round day!!!
I hope i'm proved wrong and they do a piece on it at Sky, not that i'd get to see it though, we have Foxtel Wink

Bob Marley wrote:Sorry for wasting my time getting off my arse and doing something....I suppose my letter to the Redditch Advertiser was also a waste of time...will I ever learn? Head against wall

I wasn't shooting you down, or certainly didn't intend to, I was just making a point (and this is only my personal view) that the likes of Sky, the national newspapers, BBC etc etc.. don't care about the likes of us, but like you say, atleast you've got off your arse and done something, and if we do get a mention it would be great!!!!
allotmentender
allotmentender
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  in2thevalley Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 am

The most important thing in all of this is REDDITCH UNITED in a pure and simple way. the club cannot be allowed to die. You only have to look at other clubs, Kiddy on the verge of administration, Windsor and Eton wound up with debts of £300,000, leyton expelled from Ryman League for non payments I suspect the decision Ken had to make was one of the hardest he has ever had to do, but at least by doing this we will still have a club to follow every saturday
in2thevalley
in2thevalley
Football League
Football League

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:11 pm

To be honest with you, Ken has gone up in my estimation with this decision.

OK, we will finish bottom of the league...but I have a feeling of 'at last!'....in previous seasons we would have promised players money we never had and finished the season owing players thousands of pounds....thank god that has stopped for the long term viability of RUFC.

As a fan, it is really hard to see what is happening on the field...but at least we can hold our heads high, knowing the club has had a massive reality check and is now living within it's means.

Now the Chariman needs to act to gather all ideas and chose what we are going to do.

My advice:
Free entry for the Gloucester game (I will personally sponsor this game to help).
Pub crawl/bucket collection with players (in tracksuits) and fans around Redditch...introduce the Reds to the youngsters of Redditch.
TRUST stall in Kingfisher Centre.
Letter to all Premier Clubs (I am doing this as we speak).
Score predictor.
Call Man U for a preseason in a Jimmy Davis memorial.

Just by doing these 6 things will make a big difference. Just focus on a small list to get the biggest impact.

I will start to be more active from here as things settle down...I am starting with Reddit with support of Joe & DJ.

Keep the heads held high.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 am

Bob Marley wrote:To be honest with you, Ken has gone up in my estimation with this decision.

OK, we will finish bottom of the league...but I have a feeling of 'at last!'....in previous seasons we would have promised players money we never had and finished the season owing players thousands of pounds....thank god that has stopped for the long term viability of RUFC.

As a fan, it is really hard to see what is happening on the field...but at least we can hold our heads high, knowing the club has had a massive reality check and is now living within it's means.

Now the Chariman needs to act to gather all ideas and chose what we are going to do.

My advice:
Free entry for the Gloucester game (I will personally sponsor this game to help).
Pub crawl/bucket collection with players (in tracksuits) and fans around Redditch...introduce the Reds to the youngsters of Redditch.
TRUST stall in Kingfisher Centre.
Letter to all Premier Clubs (I am doing this as we speak).
Score predictor.
Call Man U for a preseason in a Jimmy Davis memorial.

Just by doing these 6 things will make a big difference. Just focus on a small list to get the biggest impact.

I will start to be more active from here as things settle down...I am starting with Reddit with support of Joe & DJ.

Keep the heads held high.
Yeah that's the way to do it, work through this list will be a huge boost. I am going to concentrate on the club house (artwork,tidy and gigs) and make it a bit more inviting.

Back to top Go down

Post  redsfan Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 am

SID SNOT wrote:
In only the last few weeks I have observed two more vocal members of the TRUST call a linesman at Solihull 'a cheating c***' and sprint to the front of the Cedar Road to offer out the Staylybridge centre half with some very industrial language. Quite a long way from the 'we don't swear, enjoy the game regardless, salt of the earth' feeling that was being promoted at the start of the season.

I also saw these incidents, hardly the sort of thing i want my 8 year old son to see/hear. OK football is about passion but im disgusted at the double standards some people show.

redsfan
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  1Youngy1 Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:21 am

Reds Fan, Sit in the family stand then you conehead. Cool
1Youngy1
1Youngy1
Evo-Stik Division one

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=337218575505&set=a.10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm

1Youngy1 wrote:Reds Fan, Sit in the family stand then you conehead. Cool
Crying with laughter

Back to top Go down

Post  porrohman Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Redsfan,
It was noted at the TRUST meeting the bad language had increased.I'm pleased to inform you on Saturday there was no bad language at all.I hope it stays that way. Football is a game of emotions, sometimes it takes over people. I should know I fell in love on Saturday.
Having listened to far worse abuse and foul language at our ground in recent years, I'm proud of the efforts made to curb it.
porrohman
porrohman
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  nevergreen Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:44 pm

redsfan wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:
In only the last few weeks I have observed two more vocal members of the TRUST call a linesman at Solihull 'a cheating c***' and sprint to the front of the Cedar Road to offer out the Staylybridge centre half with some very industrial language. Quite a long way from the 'we don't swear, enjoy the game regardless, salt of the earth' feeling that was being promoted at the start of the season.

I also saw these incidents, hardly the sort of thing i want my 8 year old son to see/hear. OK football is about passion but im disgusted at the double standards some people show.

swearing at the valley! whatever next, all adds to the atmosphere imo
nevergreen
nevergreen
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:06 pm

1Youngy1 wrote:Reds Fan, Sit in the family stand then you conehead. Cool

Redditch United 'cut playing budget to zero' for remainder of the season. - Page 4 1834

By all accounts the atmosphere was alot worse before we tried to clean it up a bit... see nevergreens comment...

There is a Family Stand where swearing is prohibited and won't be tolderated... we can try and harbour bad language, but we can never eradicate it completely!

Passion and Frustration i think.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pollllyyyyy Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:48 pm

If you don't agree with the banter, then maybe being down at The Valley just isn't for you. I doubt it's gonna change, love. Or you could use the family stand.. After all, that's what it's there for Smile
Senile
Pollllyyyyy
Pollllyyyyy
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:10 pm

redsfan wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:

however, i'm Sorry your young lad was subjected to that!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:38 am

rawlings09 wrote:
redsfan wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:

I doubt he was as the incidents are the wrong way round for a start, the c word was used once(big deal) and the kid got told off for it.
The swearing thing happens at every ground in the country and you can hear it on the t.v when you watch a game its called atmosphere, the players swear,the coaching staff swear. The kid will never watch a game based on that notion and be wrapped up in cotton wool.
Swearing is not a huge issue at Redditch anyway its just bit of emotion, this was just one of the moaners TRUST bashing as usual and trying to get other people to side against TRUST IMO.I'd rather my kids watch Redditch than the stuff they can now watch on t.v and they may learn that people are different and have different emotions/passion, ITS CALLED LIFE.

Back to top Go down

Post  redsfan Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:00 am

Redjeff wrote:
rawlings09 wrote:
redsfan wrote:
SID SNOT wrote:

I doubt he was as the incidents are the wrong way round for a start, the c word was used once(big deal) and the kid got told off for it.
The swearing thing happens at every ground in the country and you can hear it on the t.v when you watch a game its called atmosphere, the players swear,the coaching staff swear. The kid will never watch a game based on that notion and be wrapped up in cotton wool.
Swearing is not a huge issue at Redditch anyway its just bit of emotion, this was just one of the moaners TRUST bashing as usual and trying to get other people to side against TRUST IMO.I'd rather my kids watch Redditch than the stuff they can now watch on t.v and they may learn that people are different and have different emotions/passion, ITS CALLED LIFE.

I can assure you I was there Jeff, and in fact it was you I think baiting the Stalybridge fans as you walked around (stewards got involved) then you came around to stand close to the seated area. Please don't patronise me, all i want to do is go and watch the football-not you lot

redsfan
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:33 am

Sorry I was not trying to patronise you, You are correct with regards to the Stalybridge Fans, They said something I did not like and like you I remonstrated with them(and in hindsight I should have left it, I made a mistake and I apologised for this right after the game).And yes when I came to stand by the seated area there was swearing(f-word,tosser etc.) at the linesman by Redditch Fans that stand there most Games? As has been said there was NO swearing on the ceadar road at the last game and we will endeavour to keep it to a minimum as passion is passion. I also expect to be dealt with in the right way by the club if I do something wrong as rules are rules.
So to all I have offended I Apologise. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4