Redditch United Football Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger Playing Budget?

+8
adiy price
redditch born
ROWLY1971
Redditchbluenose86
ted striker
rawlings09
Bob Marley
del boy
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bigger Playing Budget? Empty Bigger Playing Budget?

Post  del boy Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 am

I’ve just read this article from the Standard.

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2011/09/22/sportstory-18201.html

The following quote stood out for me.

"We have also got licence to look at better players on probably good money and get them signed up for the club, which is brilliant for me and Mark to have that kind of backing."

So, does this mean that we are breaking away from the strict budget policy? And if so, is it the right thing to do?

It reads to me that Mr. Swan is prepared to shell out for someone who can score goals. At this level, “good money” to me, means £200-£300 a week. There is a big difference between the reckless bankrolling of a team and the careful investing in a team. I do think that without a quality striker, we are heading down. Ensuring that we stay at this level could be considered a careful, sensible investment.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Bigger Playing Budget? Empty Re: Bigger Playing Budget?

Post  Bob Marley Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 pm

At the TRUST AGM, Mr Swan said that the playing budget was set on average home attendance of 250 (mixed between full and concession).
Mr Swan also said he would underwrite the playing budget, dependent on circumstance.

For a supporter..great news...better players, better performances, higher crowds etc etc etc.

For an old, miserable financial guy like me......I don't like it. Senile
Budget is GOD.
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Come one Steve... You're not miserable!

Hopefully careful investment is the right word Del Boy! Personally, i think it is, Chris has been careful up to now, and maybe realising we need to spend a few bob to keep us in the league/get us out of it without being too reckless.

Just hoping for a win on saturday!
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

http://redshoponline.goshopper.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:22 am

I'm with miserable old Steve: set a budget and stick to it. We have to find our level at a sustainable break-even budget. If that's Southern Prem, great, if it's Midland Combination 2, not so great, but at least it's where we would belong. (For the record, I don't think that MidCom2 is actually our level, just exaggerating to make a point.)

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:44 am

Trouble is like anything in life - you get what you pay for, and it does show.
As long as the budget is kept at a sensible level then I'm happy with a little investment into the playing budget.
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:04 am

Just back from working away, and to me it looks like a Chairman who doesnt really know the stuff he should at this stage, or the stuff he would have us believe he does.
He seems to change his mind quite easily and quickly, and while this can be a good thing...reacting to situations etc, it can also be a bad, in as much as how much homework has really been done before decisions were made for them to be changed so soon. Management for example. Club policy for example. Expected gates. Expected realistic finishing position. Budget. Football style. etc etc etc.

For the short term yeah great splash the money and get worthy players in... if thats your plan....

BUT WHAT REALLY IS THE PLAN? Head against wall Head against wall Head against wall
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:25 am

ted striker wrote:I'm with miserable old Steve: set a budget and stick to it. We have to find our level at a sustainable break-even budget. If that's Southern Prem, great, if it's Midland Combination 2, not so great, but at least it's where we would belong. (For the record, I don't think that MidCom2 is actually our level, just exaggerating to make a point.)

I also belive in a budget and keeping to it but the budget we got now is about right for zamarto midlands division? at least wouldnt have to travel so far for the away games.
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 am

Hang on... people are jumping to conclusions here... i very much doubt the budget has been increased... as i said, Chris has stuck with it and been careful up to now!

I think it's more along the lines of "lets start using the budget budget better and not over pay average players like phil Green"

I think if we pay players on performance/what theyre actually worth, we may have a little more to spend on a good player!

Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  adiy price Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 am

TAKE IT MY OFFER OF £300 AND £25 GOAL BONUS ISNT IN THE POST THEN?
adiy price
adiy price
Evo-Stik Division one

Back to top Go down

Post  Redditchbluenose86 Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:54 am

Where do I sign Aid?
Redditchbluenose86
Redditchbluenose86
Admin

https://redditchunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pindick69 Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 pm

The budget has definitely increased, As I mentioned before a southern league forward who lives 90+ miles away in Wales has been offered £250+
He is also willing to pay upwards of £800 a week for a couple of full time players so I have been told, and this is MF good friend who has told me this, the same one who is scouting for the club(or should I say advising)

pindick69
Midland Combination League

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 pm

pindick69 wrote:The budget has definitely increased, As I mentioned before a southern league forward who lives 90+ miles away in Wales has been offered £250+
He is also willing to pay upwards of £800 a week for a couple of full time players so I have been told, and this is MF good friend who has told me this, the same one who is scouting for the club(or should I say advising)
"MF good friend who has told me this, the same one who is scouting for the club(or should I say advising)" what does MF mean? and the rest of that sentence mean?

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Redjeff wrote:
pindick69 wrote:The budget has definitely increased, As I mentioned before a southern league forward who lives 90+ miles away in Wales has been offered £250+
"MF good friend who has told me this, the same one who is scouting for the club(or should I say advising)" what does MF mean? and the rest of that sentence mean?

Mark fennemore? Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 pm

So a budget that has either had the goal posts moved, or at least options for Big Paying in key area's..... Contacts up to their eye balls.... dare I ask then where the hell are all these new signings then!!!!
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  ROWLY1971 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:57 pm

rawlings09 wrote:Hang on... i very much doubt the budget has been increased...

I think it's more along the lines of "lets start using the budget budget better and not over pay average players like phil Green"

Why do you only doubt the budget hasnt been increased and not 'know' it hasnt, if you knew what Greeny was on enough to be over paid you must have quite good budget knowledge....

Greeny isnt an average player either, he's a very good one. Pains me to say it because he is such low life, but footballing ability he is very good. Attitude to match his brain cells and morals unfortunately but a good footballer who with the right management could of been a good signing for RUFC.

Need new signings and quick though
ROWLY1971
ROWLY1971
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:07 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:

Why do you only doubt the budget hasnt been increased and not 'know' it hasnt, if you knew what Greeny was on enough to be over paid you must have quite good budget knowledge....

Greeny isnt an average player either, he's a very good one. Pains me to say it because he is such low life, but footballing ability he is very good. Attitude to match his brain cells and morals unfortunately but a good footballer who with the right management could of been a good signing for RUFC.

Does anybody 'know' the budget has been increased? If it has i'll be the first to admit i was wrong.

I know as much as you about what greeney was on, but is he really the type of player that would stay at a club on an average budget? If he wasn't getting payed alot he would have gone at the end of pre-season.

He is a good player when he wants to be yes, but he scored 1 goal in 17 including pre-season... hardly worth paying at all really.

I agree we need new signings and i'm sure it's being worked on Smile
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethall Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:40 am

ROWLY1971 wrote:

So looks like Greeny is on the mega bucks back at Pershore now then! Amazes me how many people know what such and such is being paid!
Leethall
Leethall
Football League
Football League

http://www.rufc-trust.co.uk/trust/

Back to top Go down

Post  rawlings09 Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:41 am

Leethall wrote:
So looks like Greeny is on the mega bucks back at Pershore now then! Amazes me how many people know what such and such is being paid!

I don't know what he's payed... as i said in my previous post mate, i know as much as everyone else about who's being paid what!

I just think he was payed more than he's worth is all.
rawlings09
rawlings09
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  del boy Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 am

The official site has been updated with the latest news from Hydey. Basically, we have offered several players more money to join, but have so far been turned down.

I don’t know if our budget has been increased, but if it has, there are reasons that could explain why.

-The management team has been cut down from four to two. The money saved by Sockett and Smiths departure could have been put into the playing budget.
-Fenners has gone from a full time job to a part time roll. Again, the saving may have been given to the playing side.
-A reduction in the size of the squad means more money per player.
-Apart from the Cirencester game, all home crowds have been over 250. Just an extra 30 to 40 full paying adults per game, could make a fair difference to the clubs income.
del boy
del boy
Blue Square North

Back to top Go down

Post  redditch born Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I think its unlikely we will get 30-40 more on the gate playing like we have been. Chicken and egg situation? I for one would be happy to pay more on the gate if it ment we could get some decent players
redditch born
redditch born
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Marley Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Many posters on this forum are still contributing to the considerable loan taken our only last season (and will continue to do so for many months to come); paying for the mistakes of previous Directors spending what the club could never, ever afford.

NEVER GO BACK
Bob Marley
Bob Marley
Blue Square Prem
Blue Square Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  reds Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:45 am

Rowley you are right mate these 2 have no contacts, just look at Feneymore's record in non league. He as never managed outside Mid Com 1 on his own, and we all know the other one as never managed. If you know players there are 4 or 5 players that the club could get in but these 2 do not know who and were to go. Why are we playing Telford tomorrow, I will tell you why to see what players we can loan from them. Loan players are all well and good but they have to go back so for me get players in that you can build on. But has I said you need contacts to do that which is someting sadly these 2 don't have.

reds

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 am

Contacts schmontacts. You know who started out with no contacts? Alex Ferguson. Arsene Wenger. Everyone who's ever been a manager.

Everyone's got to start somewhere. Maybe the Telford friendly is part of that process, if so I welcome it. It can only do the club good in the short term and long term. Experienced loan players could be exactly what we need to bring along the younger ones in our team.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  reds Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:35 am

ted striker wrote:Contacts schmontacts. You know who started out with no contacts? Alex Ferguson. Arsene Wenger. Everyone who's ever been a manager.

Everyone's got to start somewhere. Maybe the Telford friendly is part of that process, if so I welcome it. It can only do the club good in the short term and long term. Experienced loan players could be exactly what we need to bring along the younger ones in our team.

Ted I agree you have to start some where. But at lower level then earn the right to progress. Fergy started in Scotland, Arse in France then Japan both progressed. Fennymore Warwick cheque is record disgraceful call that the right to progress. Graham started at a level much to high for him. Has I said no contacts.

reds

Back to top Go down

Post  ted striker Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:46 am

reds wrote:
ted striker wrote:Contacts schmontacts. You know who started out with no contacts? Alex Ferguson. Arsene Wenger. Everyone who's ever been a manager.

Ted I agree you have to start some where. But at lower level then earn the right to progress. Fergy started in Scotland, Arse in France then Japan both progressed. Fennymore Warwick cheque is record disgraceful call that the right to progress. Graham started at a level much to high for him. Has I said no contacts.

And as I've said elsewhere, no manager would ever have been able to succeed at RC Warwick. That club was always doomed to slide - constantly battling against relegation from the old Southern League Midland/Western Division, averaging 100 attendance, getting d*cked every week, and that was before Mark was involved at the club; crap ground, crap club, crap fans, crap committee, got what they deserved. Putting all RCW's failings on the shoulders of MF is like blaming the financial crisis and recession on the cashiers at Barclays.

ted striker
Evo-Stik Prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next